Graduation Announcements!

Options

Replies

• sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I did it! Graduated today and ran my first 5K in 36:11! I can't believe I did it. And I can't believe I want to keep doing it! :)
  • greytblackdog
    greytblackdog Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I graduated today (1/1/12) and ran 3.73 miles for my first run of 2012. Current mile average is 10:21/mi. Looking forward to improving that time and scheduling my first official race in the next few weeks.
  • Cheeta_HH
    Cheeta_HH Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I graduated today! Chicago definitely lived up to its nickname this morning. It was so windy that at times I felt like I wasn't even moving, but I kept up my pace and made it through! It felt great to start off the new year running 5K! I hope to keep it up throughout the winter and run my first 5K in March.
  • anilyze
    anilyze Posts: 67
    Options
    Graduated last night (Jan 4th,2012)! 31 minutes straight. I think I'll run a few more ~30 minute runs and then hit the bridge to 10k. Woohoo!
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Excited to finally be able to post here and say I GRADUATED! Today was my last day and I can't believe I did it. I didn't really time my miles, was just trying to get through it but I did 3.9 miles in 50 minutes (kept going at a jog after the 30 minute run was over) so I know I have to work on speed now. Still pretty proud of myself!! :bigsmile:
  • msiamjan
    msiamjan Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Just finished Run 3, week 9. Woohoo, atta girl, yippee skippee!!!! I almost can't believe I stuck with it. My current goal is to keep doing 3x per week of running/jogging. The rest of the time I'll stick to stuff I actually enjoy. I just can't say I enjoy/like/love running; but I'm gratified that I didn't quit and I do like how effective it is at increasing fitness. I definitely have more stamina for the activities I do like doing.
  • Primalgal
    Primalgal Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I graduated today, January 15, 2012!! I'm still quite slow, but to be able to keep running for 30 minutes is just amazing to me! Today my 30 min run got me to 2.5 miles and then I took a walk break and then alternated running and walking to finish the 5k route in 39:06...a personal best! My previous 5k times were always 41-42 minutes. I'm doing a 5k on Feb. 4th and hope to shave a couple minutes off my time and be able to run the whole 5k!

Congrats to all the graduates!!

Lori
  • paulwgun
    paulwgun Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I graduated yesterday, ive posted in the success thread and have used cut and paste to put it in here

yesterday i went to do week 5 day 3 of c25k and my ipod voice tells me today you are going to run for 20 min straight dont be alarmed you can do it ..................................and I say to myself OMFG I cant do that, Ill try what I can but will probably stop after 10 - 12 min ..........................19 min in and im feeling great im sweating like theres no tomorrow but the body feels good so i thought i will add an extra 5 min so it will be 25 min of running, its almost 25min and i notice ive run 4.1km and a light came on in my head saying "hey you may be able to do 5k here" .......................5k done i add a further 5min to cover my warm up walk and did 6.1km in all........Ive not run prior to this for about 35 years and no where near 5k I would like to thank a very special lady on MFP when i posted i was thinking of doing the c25k programme on a treadmill I had a message asking me to be her running partner .........................Mary Kate Kruger you are a diamond and i thank you from the bottom of my heart for giving me the boost i needed to get of my butt
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I graduated yesterday, ive posted in the success thread and have used cut and paste to put it in here

yesterday i went to do week 5 day 3 of c25k and my ipod voice tells me today you are going to run for 20 min straight dont be alarmed you can do it ..................................and I say to myself OMFG I cant do that, Ill try what I can but will probably stop after 10 - 12 min ..........................19 min in and im feeling great im sweating like theres no tomorrow but the body feels good so i thought i will add an extra 5 min so it will be 25 min of running, its almost 25min and i notice ive run 4.1km and a light came on in my head saying "hey you may be able to do 5k here" .......................5k done i add a further 5min to cover my warm up walk and did 6.1km in all........Ive not run prior to this for about 35 years and no where near 5k I would like to thank a very special lady on MFP when i posted i was thinking of doing the c25k programme on a treadmill I had a message asking me to be her running partner .........................Mary Kate Kruger you are a diamond and i thank you from the bottom of my heart for giving me the boost i needed to get of my butt

That's awesome - congrats!
  • alicollins74
    alicollins74 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I am pleased and excited to announce that tomorrow is my graduation day and also my very first 5k!!! I'm getting nervous because the temperature will only be 18 degrees. I hope I have warm enough clothes. I even borrowed a face mask to wear to help my face from freezing and my breathing...I am not concerned with the time. I am just want to cross the finish line.

I never thought I would be doing this and c25k is the best program to teach people how to run. 9 weeks ago I could barely run 2 minutes without gasping for air...

Yay!!!
  • jskaggs1971
    jskaggs1971 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Well, after my 3rd 30-minute run, I'm going to chalk myself up as "graduated". Yay!.
  • pauline251
    pauline251 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I've completed c25k! Week 9 day 3 done on the treadmill at the gym after a body pump class. But instead of running for 30 minutes I kept running till I got to 7 km, did it in 39 minutes. Also had the incline set at 2 on the treadmill. Got my first 7 km race coming up next month so should be all prepared.
  • lawson305
    Options
    completed last week - have had some knee pain for a few days so i'm going to rest - might need some new shoes! welcoming new friends who are new to running and experienced runners who might have some tips!
  • mmhenry28
    mmhenry28 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I graduated and Ran 5km - PB 25:12 (19 Jan '12)

First time I have done this since I was little so stoked.

I have to take some running time off till after my wedding but once i get back will be building up to 10km for the fun run here. Depending how well my training goes after the wedding I am either going to run 8km or the half marathon.

YAY
  • Mollyalice
    Mollyalice Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am a couch to 5k graduate!!!! I am running my first 5k tomorrow!!
  • htmlgirl
    htmlgirl Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I finished on November 26, 2011. My time was 33:13.

After that I stopped running because we were moving overseas and things got hectic. I have started back up again now that we are settled and I'm up to 2.5 miles (5.6 mph) .

My hope is that this week I will be able to run the 5K again. Then I want to eventually get to 10K. I'll probably start with the 8K program first.
  • AnnaE
    AnnaE Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have posted my 3rd 30 minute run so I have (kinda) graduated!!
    However it wasn't 5km... it was 4.5! The plan today is to get on the treadmill and se eif I can run 5km even if it takes me more than 30 minutes, then I will feel like I have really done it!
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I just did 5K on my Week 9 day 1 run. Felt great at 30 min, so I kept running and did 5K in 33.5 minutes. Felt awesome. I plan on continuing to run 5K 3 times per week, and work on my pace.
  • shopewell70
    shopewell70 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was my graduation. I cant say enough of how happy I am. To think just 4 months ago I was smoking and now I am smoke free and a 5K graduate !!!! To all those folks who doubt their ability I have only one thing to say...... YOU CAN DO IT !!!!!
    and Congrats to all those who have completed the C25K. Hope to see you in the B210K.....:happy:
  • mostaverage
    mostaverage Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I did it !! JUST! Sun 11th March, 32.24 mins - It was a struggle, very windy which helped cool me down but also offered up a lot more wind resistance, a few aches and pains too but I did not give up, I did not walk any of it and I claim the victory!.

I will now work on getting that time down under 30 minutes and try to build up a level of comfort before going for a longer distance.

If you need me, i'll be in the bath....of beer....and ice cream