Ravenclaw Common Room

Options

Replies

• azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    ok... wait what? :embarassed: what do i do with it?

All you have to do is go to the Jan 30 column and post your weight for this weekend. That's really all you'll have to post this week since you just started. Next week when you weigh in, all the January stuff will have been removed and your Jan 30 weight will be your starting weight for Feb. The in-house challenges are over to the right of the weigh in chart. This week is the first week of the February challenge, so we're working on the week 1 challenges and will report our progress next week when we weigh in.

Hope that helps! :flowerforyou:
  • lottee1000
    lottee1000 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Haha sorry didn't explain that very well did I?!

Go to the spreadsheet, and enter your current weight in column m, Jan 30 weight. You can do this any day this weekend, until Monday. Also post your goal weight for February in a comment on this thread.

Then, next week, go to the spreadsheet on the same day (so if you enter info on Sunday this week, make sure you do Sunday next week as well). This time, you should enter:
    1. Your weight.
    2. How many OWLS you have. Owls are earned by completing the challenges, you can find these on my post at the bottom of the previous page in this thread.
    3. Your housepoints. This is how many minutes of exercise you have done this week.

You then do this every week. we are in competition with the other houses for highest weight-loss and highest number of house points (exercise minutes).

Hope that explains it! Me and kellyisfat are Head's of House, contact one of us if you need anymore info X
  • azsuzi
    Options
    Good morning Ravenclaw! Its a beautiful sunny morning here in AZ and I'm looking forward to a quiet day without many obligations. Homework's done and I'm feeling pretty good about it. Just have to get some groceries and do some laundry - other than that, I've got the day free! :glasses:

Weighing in today at 153 - another pound re-lost. Two more to go to get to my pre-holiday low weight. My goal for February is 150 again. Sooner or later, I'll get there!

I hope you all have a fabulous day!
  • psb13
    psb13 Posts: 629
    Options
    good morning Ravenclaw and happy sunday!! hoping (again) to get back on track with the start of a new week. every time i think i am back on the wagon, something else pops up to distract me, so here i go again!! i didn't get weighed this morning. I'm afraid that the number will put me in a mental downward tailspin, so i'm going to wait until next week. in the meantime here are my other stats for the week.
    OWLS 6
    *checkin -4
    *under on carbs -1
    *core -1
    HP -80

i think i will keep my previous goal of 170 as my end of february goal...maybe one of these months i'll actually make it!!
  • Missklara
    Missklara Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    thank you both azsuzi and lottee 1000 :D i think i did it right, did i?
    so... my current weight is 163 and goal for february is 158 :)
  • azsuzi
    Options
    thank you both azsuzi and lottee 1000 :D i think i did it right, did i?
    so... my current weight is 163 and goal for february is 158 :)
    You got it! Welcome again!
  • achbarrow
    achbarrow Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Hello All!

Missklara-Welcome!!

Had a pretty good day yesterday. After work I got my fitbit so that made me happy and it's pretty cool. Tracks my activity level for the day and let's me know how I'm doing which I like. I didn't feel like working out so me and my roommates but in Kinect Adventures and I ended up working out anyway. Those games are crazy, lol. I was sweating all over the place. I'm going to try the Your Shape today to see what it's like but it's nice to know that if I don't want a structured workout I can just play some games and burn some calories. Hope everyones having a good day.
    ~Ayla
  • achbarrow
    Options
    Oh and no loss as of this morning :( but I'm going to weigh in tomorrow too. But I also didn't gain anything so woohoo! My official day is Monday anyway since that's the start of my week.
  • lottee1000
    lottee1000 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Morning all! Weighing in today at... 188.5lb... Woot!!! That means I've met my January target, lost 3lb since last week and generally can feel pretty proud of myself:happy:

Have a nice week Ravenclaws. Oh, and my Febuary goal is 183- got holidays this month so will definitely not lose much...
  • WhatsEatingYou
    Options
    Good morning!!

I've got a song in my head this morning - tune of "I know what boys like" --

I lost a decade!
    I'm in the 260's!
    I lost a decade! decade!
    Go, go me!

lol! Yeah I'll never be songwriter of the year, but I had such a 'bad' weekend (three meals at a conference - not a veggie in sight there, ugh!) that I am VERY excited to be showing a loss right now! Especially a decade-breaker!

I forgot to go find last week's challenges, sorry ladies...I meant to, but then forgot about them until I caught up on posts today and saw people commenting on them. Going to do the spreadsheet now, are this coming week's up now?

Have a great week!
  • WhatsEatingYou
    Options
    Oh, and for my February goal weight - I'll go with 259. I'm currently at my nine-months-pregnant-with-firstborn weight..going to aim for nine-months-pregnant-with-second-born weight now - (ugg!)

LA
  • tboothgenthe
    Options
    Logged in on the spreadsheet this morning at 154.5. My goal for February is 149 and exercise 150 minutes for the week (30 minutes X 5 days).

I'm working towards my March 17-24 vacation to Florida being at 145.

Whatseatingyo - down 10 - that's great!!

Lottee1000 - Great job on hitting your Jan goal.
  • achbarrow
    Options
    Yay a loss! Only 0.2lbs but still a loss, I'll take it. :)

Whatseatingyo - Awesome!!! 10lbs down!

Lottee1000- Grats on reaching your goal!

Hope everyone has a great Monday, it's my Friday so I'm stoked for the weekend. Maybe I'll actually try Your Shape tomorrow. So far I've just been playing the Kinect Adventures and boy am I sore. The reflex ridge is killer, so much jumping.
    :heart: Ayla
  • kellyisloved
    kellyisloved Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Aw, I'm so excited to see so many posts on here! Glad to have you all with us! :)

And congrats to everyone for your losses! It sounds like we're ending January very strong! :happy:

I'm keeping a list of our goal weights so that we can update that as soon as the sheet has been updated. It'll stay January until at least Tuesday night, then we'll probably get it switched to our February information on Wed or Thursday.

Awesome idea with setting a goal for yourself on the HPs as well as your weight loss, Terri. Sounds like a great plan, and congrats to WhatsEatingYou for dropping down into another decade! Love those milestones! :)
  • kellyisloved
    kellyisloved Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    By the way, yay for our population boom! We've already had several joining already, and it looks like we may have another Ravenclaw joining shortly.

Look for pufff (Rose) in the common room hopefully soon! :)
  • azsuzi
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone! Looking forward to another busy week - I hope I can find time for exercise! Doing my best to stay within calories - on Mondays, I'm out all day long ( 7AM to 9PM) so I have to pack breakfast, lunch, dinner plus some healthy snacks!

I've learned something about myself and food. I'm finding that I'm afraid of being hungry and not having anything left to eat. I tend to hit the candy bowls instead of the snacks that I've packed just to be sure that I have something left to eat later if I get hungry. I usually end up with some snacks left at the end of the day because of it. It would be so much healthier to eat what I pack, but I haven't figured out how to short-circuit that thought pattern yet. I guess recognizing it is the first step..

Have a wonderful day and a wonderful tomorrow - I won't be able to log on again until tomorrow night. I'll catch up with you all then!
  • bethanyweathers
    bethanyweathers Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Hey Ravenclaws, having a hard day today. The cashier at the cafe I went to for lunch was rude to me and made me feel fat (I wrote a thread about it), and now I'm starving, but I'm stuck in class for the next hour and a half. I'm so frustrated, and usually I'd go work out to make myself feel better, but I'm still not allowed to because my joints still hurt and my ankle is still a little swollen.

Seriously, If I can't work out soon, I'm going to go bananas.

So in a nutshell: hurt, hungry, annoyed.
  • _gwen
    _gwen Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I'm back from my weekend retreat. I had a fantastic time. Now back to the regular daily activities.

This weekend I completely went overboard, like a kid away from home for the first time. Not nearly enough water. I ate candy, chocolate, ice cream, big portions, a couple beers. Not exactly binging, but in no way was I under calories. I did get plenty of sleep, a couple massages, and I felt great. It was a good reminder of how it is so easy to let the weight slip back on.

Memorable quote for the weekend: Chocolate is an art supply.

I'm craving my routine now, particularly my MiraLAX. :ohwell:
  • psb13
    psb13 Posts: 629
    Options
    busy day, just a quick checkin before i turn in for the night. hope everyone had a great day. unless i screw it up in the next few minutes, this will be my first totally logged day in quite awhile. off i go to not screw it up!!
  • blackhawkgirl91
    blackhawkgirl91 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Hi, Ravenclaws!

Last week I lost 1 lb (maybe...the scale was acting a bit off), but assuming its correct, not only did I make my -5 lb monthly goal, I BEAT it by 1.2 lbs, making it a total loss of 6.2:glasses: no OWLS this week, though...:ohwell: 197 house points, though!:smile:

Love you all, and DON'T LET ANYTHING GET IN YOUR WAY! Remember why we are Ravenclaws--we can outsmart anything that gets in our way :flowerforyou: