3rd Trimester

Options

Replies

• paulandrea
    paulandrea Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I bought a cover in Ikea $20 and have been sleeping on that. my water probably will not break in bed, but in the child birth class advised us to have it.
    I'm very anxious too i can't wait to see my baby and feel like normal person (physically) again.
    but still not feeling any prelabor symptoms.

Paulandrea
    38 weeks 1 day
  • heathercrist1
    heathercrist1 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Hello to all of my fit and fab soon to be mommies! When I made the group I tried to send out invites to all of those that had posted recently on the threads and obviously I missed many of you :( Also, the way they have the invite set up is pretty ridiculous and one typo and you are not invited (and as a new mommy...lots of typos tend to happen when you are typing one handed while nursing lol!) So here is the link (hope it works) and ask to join or send me a message and I will be happy to add you to the group! The group is getting bigger and bigger with you ladies popping these babies out like crazy...and I love it! :D

Looking forward to having you all come our way!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1918-still-fit-and-fabulous-after-baby
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Hello to all of my fit and fab soon to be mommies! When I made the group I tried to send out invites to all of those that had posted recently on the threads and obviously I missed many of you :( Also, the way they have the invite set up is pretty ridiculous and one typo and you are not invited (and as a new mommy...lots of typos tend to happen when you are typing one handed while nursing lol!) So here is the link (hope it works) and ask to join or send me a message and I will be happy to add you to the group! The group is getting bigger and bigger with you ladies popping these babies out like crazy...and I love it! :D

Looking forward to having you all come our way!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1918-still-fit-and-fabulous-after-baby

Heather...this link just takes us to the main group page...you'll have to actually send out the invites. Or go into the settings and set it as a public group.
  • heathercrist1
    heathercrist1 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    That stinks...I will send you an invite if you just message me! I don't want to make the group public because for the 2 minutes it was public I got 4 random people who joined and who have never posted anything. I don't mind sending out invites but I don't want stalkers while we talk about boob pain, painful bowel movements, and posting pics of our babies...just sayin lol!
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    That stinks...I will send you an invite if you just message me! I don't want to make the group public because for the 2 minutes it was public I got 4 random people who joined and who have never posted anything. I don't mind sending out invites but I don't want stalkers while we talk about boob pain, painful bowel movements, and posting pics of our babies...just sayin lol!

Good point. I sent you another message.
  • jchecca
    jchecca Posts: 131
    Options
    I don't mind sending out invites but I don't want stalkers while we talk about boob pain, painful bowel movements, and posting pics of our babies...just sayin lol!

hahahahaa...you crack me up Heather!!!! hope Charliee is doing well and i can not wait to join you ladies!!!!
  • H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Anyone else feel like we should be posting pictures of our Flinstone Feet!? Seriously. I decided to be Betty Crocker yesterday afteroon & made a ton of baked goodies. All was looking fairly fine as far as the feet went & then BOOM, it's like they exploded. Even my TOES are fat!!! I drink lots of water & try to keep my feet up, but man, they are looking gross. I think it's just how they are going to be for the remainder of the time.

On another note, along w/ taking stock in undies, I think yoga pants should be added to the list. Even my big preggo pants are getting the pockets pushed out (not that they're tight anywhere else...).

~Heather 36 weeks 1 day
  • DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Anyone else feel like we should be posting pictures of our Flinstone Feet!? Seriously. I decided to be Betty Crocker yesterday afteroon & made a ton of baked goodies. All was looking fairly fine as far as the feet went & then BOOM, it's like they exploded. Even my TOES are fat!!! I drink lots of water & try to keep my feet up, but man, they are looking gross. I think it's just how they are going to be for the remainder of the time.

On another note, along w/ taking stock in undies, I think yoga pants should be added to the list. Even my big preggo pants are getting the pockets pushed out (not that they're tight anywhere else...).

~Heather 36 weeks 1 day

Heather :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: !!! Morning hun!!

So funny that you mention fat feet. last week my mom's employer (she's a nanny) sent me the best gift ever!!! She purchased me a size 10 black slippers with a pretty leather bow on the front. She said she wore these with all 3 of her boys! So I've been wearing slippers to work and no one has noticed!! I wear them EVERYWHERE!! :laugh: :laugh:

But I have to admit that I've had Cankles for quite some time. Guess thats our gift at 36 weeks?
  • DeniseGdz
    Options
    I don't mind sending out invites but I don't want stalkers while we talk about boob pain, painful bowel movements, and posting pics of our babies...just sayin lol!

hahahahaa...you crack me up Heather!!!! hope Charliee is doing well and i can not wait to join you ladies!!!!

LMAO!! So funny & SOOo true!! ^^ Thanks heather!!
  • jchecca
    Options

~Heather 36 weeks 1 day

Heather :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: !!! Morning hun!!

So funny that you mention fat feet. last week my mom's employer (she's a nanny) sent me the best gift ever!!! She purchased me a size 10 black slippers with a pretty leather bow on the front. She said she wore these with all 3 of her boys! So I've been wearing slippers to work and no one has noticed!! I wear them EVERYWHERE!! :laugh: :laugh:

But I have to admit that I've had Cankles for quite some time. Guess thats our gift at 36 weeks?

LOL...yesssss!!! my feet have been so darn swollen!!!! i took a picture of mine the other day when i was sitting at the dr's waiting for her to come in ...they're just massive!!! and my knuckles!!! they're so swollen too!!
  • paulandrea
    paulandrea Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    lol :laugh:
    Yes! is so annoying!! i hate my preggo pants, they are so unconfortble now :sad: they're tight everywhere and is too cold to use dresses:angry:
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Woa, haven't had a chance to catch up the posts, now I'm way behind. Agree on private group, so we can keep our pictures of baby under better control.

About preggo clothing... I only have one preggo pants fit me, and I've been just wearing sweatpants mostly since I've been working from home every day now. Without the preggo pants, there is no clothes cover over my belly.

A quick check in from me. Have a doc appt yesterday. I'm progressing, non-stress-test result is perfect (as doctor described). Baby girl is doing well. Doctor think I may not make it to next week's appointment, but I think it's 50/50 chance for anything, right? :-) I don't mind keeping the baby one more week (hubby still want the 29th). It's the anticipation and waiting is very hard, although it is giving me more time to get things done. My contraction timer on my phone works good and helping me ease up my anxiety.

My sister (who is due a week after me) has scheduled her C-section on the 17th. We'll see who end up having baby first. :-)

45KSm6.png
  • kristy_estes21
    kristy_estes21 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    You ladies are scaring me with the explosive feet talk!! I haven't experienced it yet, but I'm just now 34 weeks so there's still time. :ohwell: My shoes do feel a bit more snug on some days, but not too bad yet.
    I had the WORST sciatic nerve pain yesterday. I was standing at the door letting the dogs out to potty and BAM there it was...a sharp pain starting in my right butt cheek and going all the way down my leg. I couldn't do anything, but yell. lol That was NOT a fun time for me. lol
    I'm still feeling crummy. My throat hurts and I keep blowing my nose. Eww Even though I feel crappy I plan on going to see Star Wars 3D with the hub tonight. He's been so excited waiting for this day so I feel like I have to go with him. lol My friend told me I should wear my slave Leia costume. Haha! Wouldn't that be a site to see?!?! Scary! haha! Oh and let me clarify WHY I even have that costume in the first place. lol Only because he realllllly wanted me to be that for Halloween a few years ago so I agreed. lol I have learned to embrace his nerdiness. :laugh:
    We are touring the birthing center of our hospital on Sunday afternoon so I'm excited about that.

I hope you all have a WONDERFUL weekend!!

~Kristy
    34 weeks
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Hey Mamas! I just wanted to check in and let you know I'm still keeping up with you all even if I'm not posting. I usually read from my Kindle and it's harder for me to type, but I decided to get the laptop out and type for real so thought I'd check in.

So many of you are so close. How exciting! And I hope you all are able to stay comfortable in the final weeks. I had a very comfortable and easy pregnancy (I think this is why delivery was not so easy; its only fair right? :smile: ) and my feet never did swell; lucky me. I did have problems getting comfortable towards the end at work especially. Anytime I couldn't lounge WAAAY back in my chair I had to spread my legs very far apart to make room for my belly. Anyways, hope you all find comfort and are able to remain patient! As for contractions, I had what felt like menstrual cramps that I thought were BH contractions and maybe they were, but contractions felt much different mostly because even when mine were very random, they still had a rhythym of definite beginning and end. I would try to pay attention to beginning and end of the crampiness but could never really determine one; they would just fizzle away. I think that is the best way I could tell I was having contractions. Once I was having the real thing (not the prelabor stuff I had), it was VERY obvious and the worst pain I have ever felt towards the end.

We are doing well settling in. My parents were here a week and a half and left Tuesday. We're getting into some routines and I'm still figuring out what makes Miss Daphne happy. She is sleeping really well at night: 3-4 hours then feeds and burps for about 30 minutes, sleeps another 2-3 hours and then feeds and burps 30, and tops it off with another 2-3 hours of sleep. Sometimes she skips the middle feeding which is nice. Last night we got her to sleep (after only about 30-45 mintues; it has take almost 3 hours before) about 1030 and I fed her at 240 and 620 and she woke up around 730. So we are very blessed and I am getting adequate sleep. She also eats really well and quickly and I'm producing a lot of milk. She has had some gas issues which contribute to fussiness so we are working through that and trying to figure it out. Overall she is a really good baby and getting bigger everyday!

I am healing up pretty well. We made our first outing last night to the grocery and it was way easier than my first grocery trip a week and a half ago. I still take it easy most of the day. I read a lot and may finally finish Atlast Shrugged. I try to do one or two productive tasks a day; yesterday it was cleaning the guest bathroom and folding laundry and today I have straightened up a bit and am doing laundry. I do laundry pretty much daily.

I'm excited for the weekend as it will be our first weekend all together without my parents. We have plans to take Daphne to the coffee shop on Saturday which is our weekend ritual so hopefully that goes well. OK, I just rambled on about a lot of crap, so I'll stop now. Just wanted to fill you all in on us and say hi and let you know I'm thinking about you all! I hope to see you all soon on the new Mom board! It moves way slower. Have a great weekend chicks!

-Ashley
  • AmandaJPK
    Options
    Good morning Ladies!

I'm sorry to hear that you're all suffering from swollen extremities! It sounds so uncomfortable! Kudos Heather for going all Betty Crocker! I'll bet there are some yummy treats that came out of that ambition! Denise - the gift of slippers that are trendy enough to wear to work is a phenomenal idea! Sometimes heels can be so uncomfortable!

AFM: I had my 34 week, 5 day check up this morning. I'm weighing in at 20lbs on my scale and 22 lbs on their scale. The nurse told me that I'm more accurate, if I am weighing myself in the morning before breakfast without any clothes on...that made me feel good, though I really can't complain with 22 lbs either! I had to weigh myself this morning though. I changed into comfy clothes last night and my husband looked at me and said, 'don't take this the wrong way but you look huge right now'. I simply said 'I'm 8 months pregnant!' What on earth does he expect. Bikini body!? :laugh:

The baby is currently head down, which totally explains all of the pressure and need to make SEVERAL bathroom trips throughout the day. The Dr. told me that the pressure will continue to increase and of course, will become more pronounced with labor, well duh! :happy: Her heartbeat is good at 120 and my blood pressure was good. Overall, it was a great visit! I go back on 2/22 for my strep test so we'll see how things are then!
  • H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Amanda ~ Don't feel bad about your husband's comment.....I usually get bug eyes when mine looks at me....or he says "he's huge!" (as in, the baby). And there were many goodies that went in the freezer & to my grandparent's :) ---> candy bar cookies, m&m cookies, oatmeal raisin cookies, banana bread & finally, apple slices. Mmmm

Ashley ~ Sounds like you're doing amazing! So glad to hear it & hope you have a nice family outting this weekend :)

Kristy ~ My sweeling issues really just started. I could tell a couple weeks ago already though that they were getting a little swollen here & there, or if I was on my feet too long. But lately, yikes! Lookout for bigfoot! :laugh: I was just going to wear some slip on ballet flats to my doctor's appt. this past monday....but the shoes were a bit tight, and even if they weren't, my feet just looked like fat white sausages!!! So I stuck w/ my boots! hehe
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Hi mommies!

Yeah my feet are swollen not a whole lot but def snug in some of my shoes and the socks leave a sock mark around.

I had my appt today, I am 2 cm dialated and more than half effaced! It's all a waiting game now!
    At first the Dr couldn't get the heartbeat on the doppler I was worried but he finally found it and it was beating beautifully.
    I lost 1 lb putting me at a total 23lbs. Not bad, I am ok with that considering baby is 6lbs and the placenta weighs another 3 and the fluid etc.

So I inform my work (boss) my stats and she was like we need you one more week, I said "sure I'll cross my legs and hold her". Whatever!

I told her my first pregnancy went well and my water broke was in labor 3 hrs and then there was Jason. She then says well every pregnancy is different and I said I know.

Ok, just for that i do hope baby comes early next week, not my fault they just hired my trainee this week and on top of that she wants Jan closing done as of yesterday.

Sorry for the vent, but my boss says things that seriously piss me off. I just want my baby to be healthy whenever she wants to come.

~Brenda~ 37 wks 3dys
  • DeniseGdz
    Options
    Hi mommies!

I had my appt today, I am 2 cm dialated and more than half effaced! It's all a waiting game now!
    At first the Dr couldn't get the heartbeat on the doppler I was worried but he finally found it and it was beating beautifully.
    I lost 1 lb putting me at a total 23lbs. Not bad, I am ok with that considering baby is 6lbs and the placenta weighs another 3 and the fluid etc.

So I inform my work (boss) my stats and she was like we need you one more week, I said "sure I'll cross my legs and hold her". Whatever!

I told her my first pregnancy went well and my water broke was in labor 3 hrs and then there was Jason. She then says well every pregnancy is different and I said I know.

Ok, just for that i do hope baby comes early next week, not my fault they just hired my trainee this week and on top of that she wants Jan closing done as of yesterday.

Sorry for the vent, but my boss says things that seriously piss me off. I just want my baby to be healthy whenever she wants to come.

~Brenda~ 37 wks 3dys

AHA!! Luna I'm on the same page!! I'm just now training my trainee and she's decided to "change things" as she goes so I stopped showing her how to do things. Don't waste my time!!

Sooooo...I haven't told them that my due date has changed. Furthermore, I don't know if I want to tell them it has changed! Maybe I'll just say "Hey I had the baby this weekend!" LOL! :laugh: Freakin procrastinators man!!! They get under my skin! :explode:
  • DeniseGdz
    Options
    Had a wonderful work baby shower and all of it put together by my trainee...no wonder she's been "doing what she wants!" You just never know the people you work with hu?

We had a few appetizers, fruit, veggies, a few crackers, sugar free punch, all within my diet :embarassed: How cool is that!?

We also recieved more presents than I thought I would!! What a truly loving and humbling experience!! Everyone piched in and we recieved quite a few things from our registery!

I can not express how thanful I am....even with the long hours....and all the complaining...and the fustration- I have awesome co workers!

Happy Friday Night!
  • jchecca
    Options
    morning ladies!

Brenda - that is super frustrating. you just focus on you and that baby and don't worry about what your boss has to say! some people think only about themselves and its truly a shame. your little one will come whenever they want and it will all work out perfectly!!!

Denise - thats awesome you had a nice shower with all 'diet approved' foods!!! that is super thoughtful of your co workers:smile:

AFM: the weekend was good. friday night just layed really low...watched a couple movies and just relaxed which was super nice after the work week. then saturday we did some house cleaning and headed out to run some errands. we got a rug for Parkers room and also some supplies for projects my husband wanted to do. then i ended up meeting my mom out to see the movie the vow...very cute!! then we grabbed something to eat and i headed home. while i was at the movies hubby was working on projects at the house...he painted a chalk board in parkers room (with this awesome chalkboard paint) and put a little ledge on the bottom for chalk...it looks so awesome!!! he also painted a sign with parkers name on it with such a great argyle pattern on it...it came out SOOOOO good!!! he just has to frame it out and we'll get it on the wall! there is just one more space in parks room that we're contemplating putting something up...but the wall is a little slanted so its tough...but other than that...we're done with the nursery. it feels so good to have it all complete and 'move in ready' for our little guy!

then sunday we got up and went to the gym (havent been there in ages!) and i walked on the treadmill and did some arms...it felt really great! then we went home and man did we get into some cleaning - of the basement of all things!!! kory was cleaning up his tool area and i had been putting off organizing our storage section and i just got into it...organizing things in bins and stacking stuff...it looke 100x better now!!! just need to get some shelves and put a couple more things on them and we should be good to go!!! after that my parents and brother came over for dinner...my mom made an awesome meal and we all spent the rest of the day together...it was soooo nice!

now its back to the work grind! i have a dr's appointment tomorrow at noon...so we'll see if there is any progression!!

hope everyone has a great day!!!