3rd Trimester

Options

Replies

• kristy_estes21
    kristy_estes21 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    DENISE!! OMG!!!! You may have a baby TODAY!! Whoa! Scary about the blood pressure, but I'm glad you're at the dr and they are taking care of you. You will do just fine. I think you're ready....you're only a few days away from your scheduled c-section anyways. lol We'll be thinking about you and praying for you and baby Joaquin!
  • H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I've read that it's normal for your blood pressure to go up towards the end, or when the water breaks (one of the two). How exciting that you're going to be a mommy possibly today! Hope all goes well!!!

Now if my labor would just start already ;)

~Heather 39 weeks
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Quick check in ....at dr, water is broke. Blood pressure is really high. May be headed to hospital today! :sad: :sad:
    I'm not ready!!!!

Ah!!!!! Denise!!! SO exciting!!!!! Sending good wishes your way!!!
  • kelley_m
    kelley_m Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Quick check in ....at dr, water is broke. Blood pressure is really high. May be headed to hospital today! :sad: :sad:
    I'm not ready!!!!

Wow Denise!!!!...great news... hope all goes well. Sending lots of prayers your way. Don't worry you are ready! Can't wait to hear about how your little guy comes into the world...hang in there...
  • taldie01
    taldie01 Posts: 378
    Options
    I'm not ready!!!!

good luck hun! No ones ever ready...
  • DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    You guys are a great life line!! At the hospital, IVs in place. Met the anastesiologist ....very cute guy...and we are set for 5 pm today. Kkk keep you gus posted or tell hubby to.
  • DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Joaquin weighs 8.4 oz. and is 21 inches long. His sugar is on the low side so we are doing half breast/ half bottle.
    M ore to come tomorrow!
  • Fitnurse27
    Fitnurse27 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Denise and Jessica! I can't wait to read your stories.

I plan on working up until I deliver. I have only worked at this job for 11 months so I don't qualify for FMLA. I want to save anytime off to spend with the baby. I worked up to my due date with my son. I plan on taking 8 weeks off after delivery.

AFM~ I am 36w2d, I just had my 36 week doctor's appointment. They checked me for GBS, but they didn't check to see if I was dilated so I guess I will wait another week. I'm not really in a hurry to have the baby because my brother is getting married next Saturday, and I promised not to have the baby until after the wedding. :smile:
    I have been walking at an indoor track at my gym for exercise around 45 minutes 3 days a week. I am bigger, and worried that if I walk on the treadmill I will lose my footing and fall. I hope everyone is doing well and staying safe with the weird weather.
  • kristy_estes21
    kristy_estes21 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    So my water broke unexpectedly at midnight last night. I'm at the hospital right now. They're checking my bp every 30min so it's been hard to try and rest, but I've been able to a little. When I got here I was only 50% effaced and about a fingertip dilated, but haven't been checked since. Contractions feel like bad period cramps so far. I feel like I'm never gonna stop leaking fluid. Haha! I just had my yummy clear fluid breakfast. Lol
    ~Kristy
    37 weeks 2 days and baby coming today, one way or another lol
  • yahyamommy
    yahyamommy Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    ha ha I knew it!! Congrats ladies!!!!!

I'll seek Ur advice :)
  • yahyamommy
    yahyamommy Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    So my water broke unexpectedly at midnight last night. I'm at the hospital right now. They're checking my bp every 30min so it's been hard to try and rest, but I've been able to a little. When I got here I was only 50% effaced and about a fingertip dilated, but haven't been checked since. Contractions feel like bad period cramps so far. I feel like I'm never gonna stop leaking fluid. Haha! I just had my yummy clear fluid breakfast. Lol
    ~Kristy
    37 weeks 2 days and baby coming today, one way or another lol

Congrats kristi. May God bless u both.

Then did Eric make it Ur delivery?
  • taldie01
    Options
    Congrats new mommies! Now get some rest!

had a pretty busy weekend, sat we had lil gym, ikea, the mall, home depot and wallmart! All with a toddler to boot. I was beat by the end of the day. But got some new organization stuff for my daughters room and babys room. Hubbys bday yesterday, painted daughters room, cleaned house and had inlaws over for supper. I was beat last night, my feet were starting to swell and they generally dont swell even with my last pregnancy. Getting the new van tomorrow.... excited lots of room for us tall folks, hubby and I are both over 6 feet. Did not eat well this weekend, cause we were tired and I did not want to cook. But we got alot done, and kind of started packing the hospital bag. Still need stuff and still lots to do. Which is good then I wont think about time dragging on so much. Hubby is getting eye surgery this Thursday and i write my final for my course this sat, yikes! Busy week!

Tara
    32 weeks
  • kmreynolds11
    kmreynolds11 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Wow, Tara - you had a busy weekend!

Geez.... all the talkative ladies on this board just had their babies! :smile: It's been quiet on here the last few days! (Does that mean more of you had your babies?!?!?!?)

I have some good news and some bad news:

GOOD --> A girl at work brought in a whole bunch of hand-me-down baby clothes for me today... can't wait to go through them and check out all the new clothes!

BAD -->I gave in to a spicy food craving last night and went crazy on some Mexican food I picked up! :embarassed: Let's just say all those enchiladas and chile rellenos didn't get logged! Then I was a bum all night... so... I'm getting my butt to Zumba today and trying to eat better. Already planned out a nice salad and salmon for dinner.

Hope everyone's having a great week!

Kristi
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Good afternoon!

Tara...WOW, you were busy! It's always a great feeling to get a lot accomplished! Now-a-days I'm kind of wishing I had gotten some things done earlier. I seriously made a check list for each weekend until the baby comes! And it's always a challenge to get everything done with a toddler as I'm sure you know! So, good for you!

Kristi...I wouldn't worry too much about indulging last night...it happens to ALL of us! Especially as we get closer to our due dates (at least in my case). You're doing such a good job that one day won't hurt you at all! And I love hand-me-downs! We have friends that always give us hand-me-downs from their daughter who is 2 years older than Kadence...it's WONDERFUL! And they have a little boy now who's one and they already said if we have a boy this time they'll be giving us his hand-me-downs! AWESOME!!

Everyone else...where are you? Hope you are doing well!

AFM: Kadence is doing SO much better! Had her appetite back yesterday which is such a relief! Still has a bit of a cough and runny nose, but a million times better!! Called in to set up everything for my maternity leave today. So, that's done! Also starting to think of how I want to do some rearranging in the kids room. That's a goal for this week. Need to measure the closet and see about adding some shelves in there. I SO wish we had a bigger house, but it will just have to do for now. My next appointment is on Monday and they'll do the strep B test. Then appointments every week! Can't believe it's four weeks from tomorrow I'll be a Mommy of Two! :heart: :heart:

Hope you all have a wonderful and healthy day!

Kristin--34 weeks, 6 days
  • kelley_m
    kelley_m Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon!

Tara...WOW, you were busy! It's always a great feeling to get a lot accomplished! Now-a-days I'm kind of wishing I had gotten some things done earlier. I seriously made a check list for each weekend until the baby comes! And it's always a challenge to get everything done with a toddler as I'm sure you know! So, good for you!

Kristi...I wouldn't worry too much about indulging last night...it happens to ALL of us! Especially as we get closer to our due dates (at least in my case). You're doing such a good job that one day won't hurt you at all! And I love hand-me-downs! We have friends that always give us hand-me-downs from their daughter who is 2 years older than Kadence...it's WONDERFUL! And they have a little boy now who's one and they already said if we have a boy this time they'll be giving us his hand-me-downs! AWESOME!!

AFM: Kadence is doing SO much better! Had her appetite back yesterday which is such a relief! Still has a bit of a cough and runny nose, but a million times better!! Called in to set up everything for my maternity leave today. So, that's done! Also starting to think of how I want to do some rearranging in the kids room. That's a goal for this week. Need to measure the closet and see about adding some shelves in there. I SO wish we had a bigger house, but it will just have to do for now. My next appointment is on Monday and they'll do the strep B test. Then appointments every week! Can't believe it's four weeks from tomorrow I'll be a Mommy of Two! :heart: :heart:

Kristin,

I was wondering if you are putting the kids in the same room?
    Has Kandance moved to a toddler bed or is she still using a crib? If a bed are you using her old crib for the new baby? Just a few things I have been contemplating lately...was wondering what other mommies of toddlers are doing as far as putting baby #1 and baby #2 in the same room.

Glad Kadence is doing better...it's so tough when they are sick...love the pic
  • H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies!

Just got back from my doctor appt. Made a little bit of progress since last week (I knew the baby was doing something in there the past few nights!). I'm 1cm dilated, 60% effaced. He did a membrane sweep (not the most comfy thing ever). Having a bit of spotting now & slight cramping. Had a bunch of contractions last night & still today --- but thinking they're just braxton hicks. Other than that, going to get on the treadmill shortly to try & WALK this baby out! haha

Hope you're all doing well!!!!!

~Heather 39 weeks 6 days
  • taldie01
    Options
    H_82 sounds like it should be pretty soon!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Good afternoon!

Kristin,

I was wondering if you are putting the kids in the same room?
    Has Kandance moved to a toddler bed or is she still using a crib? If a bed are you using her old crib for the new baby? Just a few things I have been contemplating lately...was wondering what other mommies of toddlers are doing as far as putting baby #1 and baby #2 in the same room.

Glad Kadence is doing better...it's so tough when they are sick...love the pic

Kelley...
    Yes, the kids will be in the same room. We have a small house and it's our only option.

Yes, Kadence has moved to a "big girl" bed...she's been in it for a while already and loves it! Seriously, the first night we set it up I had to bribe her to stay awake and she still ended up going to bed at like 6:30 she was so excited to sleep in it!

Yes, we are using her old crib (which was, believe it or not, MY crib) for the baby. But my mom bought me a bassinet this time so that we can have the baby sleep in our room until it has somewhat of a schedule and isn't waking Kadence up all the time. I will have it nap in the crib during the day and sleep in the bassinet at night.

Hope you get things figured out at your house! No matter what we decided, it will be an adjustment for everyone! Let's just pray it goes fairly smoothly! :)
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Hey ladies!

Just got back from my doctor appt. Made a little bit of progress since last week (I knew the baby was doing something in there the past few nights!). I'm 1cm dilated, 60% effaced. He did a membrane sweep (not the most comfy thing ever). Having a bit of spotting now & slight cramping. Had a bunch of contractions last night & still today --- but thinking they're just braxton hicks. Other than that, going to get on the treadmill shortly to try & WALK this baby out! haha

Hope you're all doing well!!!!!

~Heather 39 weeks 6 days

Okay baby...come on!! I would try and jog, just a tiny bit. With Kadence we were running late to a wedding and we literally jogged into the building...my water broke that night! Just a thought...
    Good luck!!
  • jchecca
    jchecca Posts: 131
    Options
    hi ladies!!! i have been totally MIA for the past week...its just been a lot adjusting to life with baby parker. i have to say it is the most amazing thing in the world and we feel so blessed to have him in our life. i havent gotten around to posting my birth story (or type it up for that matter) but i hope to do that within the next day or so!

little facts though: parker is our little leap baby! the doctor said the whole day that we were at the hospital that it would be the first - but things sped up towards the end of the night!!! it was definitely a wild ride...but i am so happy that he is our leap baby...i think that will make for some very fun and unique birthdays!! so he delivered at 10:50 PM - 7lbs 12oz and 20.5 inches long. by the time we left the hospital he weighed 7lbs 5oz and today at his first appointment he was 7lbs 10oz...so hes doing really well!

i am going to read and catch up on everyone...but i just wanted to say hi and know i am thinking of you all!!! hope everyone is doing really well!!:flowerforyou: