• fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    *laughs* @ flat bar riders :P
  • itsjustpaper28686
    Options
    My fleet:
    BMX/fun: KHS DJ300
    Cross Country: Diamondback Mission 3 (soon to be specialized Stuntjumper evo!!!)
    Downhill: Rocky Mountain Flatline

30000611.jpg
  • iTswape
    iTswape Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Here's my baby, isn't she pretty? She looks even better when she's covered in mud... She's light and fast and powerful... now if only *I* were light and fast and powerful ;)

I totally recommend this bike to anyone looking for a great women specific MTB design. Cube WLS SL 2011. First time I bought a bike that felt instantly PERFECT for my short frame without having to go through a bunch of different modifications. The only drawback is that there is only space for one water bottle because of the smaller frame size.

cube.jpg
  • cyclingben
    cyclingben Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    300+ mans bike....rode for 23 miles today getting ready for the MS150 in north Texas in May.

[img]http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg583/adjusterben/WEIGHT LOSS/CannondaleBike.jpg[/img]
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    This is my new Cirrus Comp. Got it yesterday and I'm already in love.SirrusComp.png

My MTB, I actually bought this for my son when he graduated 6th grade. He's 25 now. So, I made a few tweaks, it's a bit small for me, but up until yesterday, it was my main ride.
    GTPalomar.jpg

My ex wife kept my old Raleigh roadbike. OUTSIDE for several years. It's been my rustbucket project. I may never return to it though, I'm reluctant to throw anymore money into it now.
    RaleighProject.jpg
  • beachgrad05
    beachgrad05 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    300+ mans bike....rode for 23 miles today getting ready for the MS150 in north Texas in May.

[img]http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg583/adjusterben/WEIGHT LOSS/CannondaleBike.jpg[/img]

Nice bike!!
  • diddidit
    diddidit Posts: 18
    Options
    Oh, let's see...

Primary roadie is a 2011 Specialized Roubaix Comp frame w/ Dura-Ace 7800 from my original 2005 Roubaix Pro that I hamfisted the seatpost clamp and the nice folks at Specialized replaced under warranty (points for them!). This is "Bones".

Main mountain bike is a 2007 Cannondale 29er with a Lefty fork. It's called, unsurprisingly, "Lefty".

I've got a 2010 Co-Motion Periscope tandem - fits me and whoever wants to look at my back. Gonna do the Barry-Roubaix Gravel Road Race in less than 2 weeks on it with a friend. "Double Tap" needs more tire clearance.

Got a Fatbike last November - a Salsa Mukluk 2, AKA Fluffy. Why Fluffy? WHY THE HELL NOT? I've never had so much fun going 5 miles an hour. On the beach, in Michigan, in January.

And, dollar-for-dollar, my favorite bike: a Trek 720 Hybrid frame that I've turned into a beater 'cross bike, with 1x7 gearing, a friction bar end shifter, an old front derailleur for a chain guide, and largely ineffective brakes. I can convert it to fixed gear in 45 minutes with a White Industries ENO-based rear wheel. Here's Frank and I enjoying the hell out of a 'cross race in February:

splat.jpg
  • zoom2
    zoom2 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    If you're gonna do it, do it right -- the epic photo series:
    i-LBKtm2d-XL.jpg
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Bike?

That's singular. :wink:

I'm pretty sure that we're all aware that the formula for calculating the correct number of bikes (Cb) is as follows:-

Cb = Bn+1

where Bn=No. of Bikes Already owned...
    Unfortunately, my wife does not like the math on that. :(
  • StuAblett
    StuAblett Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    Oh, let's see...

Primary roadie is a 2011 Specialized Roubaix Comp frame w/ Dura-Ace 7800 from my original 2005 Roubaix Pro that I hamfisted the seatpost clamp and the nice folks at Specialized replaced under warranty (points for them!). This is "Bones".

Main mountain bike is a 2007 Cannondale 29er with a Lefty fork. It's called, unsurprisingly, "Lefty".

I've got a 2010 Co-Motion Periscope tandem - fits me and whoever wants to look at my back. Gonna do the Barry-Roubaix Gravel Road Race in less than 2 weeks on it with a friend. "Double Tap" needs more tire clearance.

Got a Fatbike last November - a Salsa Mukluk 2, AKA Fluffy. Why Fluffy? WHY THE HELL NOT? I've never had so much fun going 5 miles an hour. On the beach, in Michigan, in January.

And, dollar-for-dollar, my favorite bike: a Trek 720 Hybrid frame that I've turned into a beater 'cross bike, with 1x7 gearing, a friction bar end shifter, an old front derailleur for a chain guide, and largely ineffective brakes. I can convert it to fixed gear in 45 minutes with a White Industries ENO-based rear wheel. Here's Frank and I enjoying the hell out of a 'cross race in February:

splat.jpg

I hope both the tree and the bike are OK :bigsmile:
  • mostaverage
    mostaverage Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Used to do lots of miles as a young lad on an old raleigh equip, did some mountain biking and a couple of touring holidays in my early twenties on a raleigh amazon and last year got back on 2 wheels to kick off my weight loss journey. Here's the stable as it stands today....

1996 Marin Rift Zone XC - now in a sorry state, I burst the rear shock oil seal when I tried to get fit at my fattest, then I snapped the chain on a hill, poor old thing, must restore her to glory.

so61ao.jpg

My 2010 Marin San Rafael town bike - my current useable ride, a touch on the heavy side but she's got me shedding the pounds!

18iqrp.jpg

I have 8 pounds to lose before I reach my 5 stone loss benchmark, the reward for that is a new machine...eeeeeeee!... here's the front runners so far..

RIbble Gran Fondo - Carbon frame with SRAM Apex White

24v7eqv.jpg

Or a cyclo-cross Focus Mares Ax2 Disc - like the idea of disk brakes & the heavier duty wheels for canal towpath riding.

xfz1ow.jpg
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options
    If it was the Ribble with the kit in that picture, there'd be no question about it for my money - though I'm still a little heavy for carbon wheels and frame yet (at least, I'm too heavy to be happy with the IDEA of plastic wheels - ask me again in another 5 stone and you may get a different response however!)
  • mostaverage
    Options
    Wish I had the cash to go for that spec! The pic is just a representation, sort of like at the end of bullseye, here's what you could have won...... Frame would be the same but you spec nearly every other component from their bike builder web page, wheels I could go far are a bit heavier and a lot cheaper :)
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    RIbble Gran Fondo - Carbon frame with SRAM Apex White

24v7eqv.jpg

Or a cyclo-cross Focus Mares Ax2 Disc - like the idea of disk brakes & the heavier duty wheels for canal towpath riding.

xfz1ow.jpg

The Gran Fondo :love:

The focus Mares for the winter bike :love:
  • mostaverage
    Options

The Gran Fondo :love:

The focus Mares for the winter bike :love:

lol, need my numbers to come through to afford that!
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options
    I'm shooting for something along the lines of the GF for my "final weight" treat, I'd dearly love a DeRosa with Record 11 and a pair of Fulcrum Red Wind 50's, but the Campag gear has a max. rider weight recommendation that's probably another 18 months away yet! Not entirely sure that the Planet-X and my old 9-Speed Ultegra's going to last that long - and I'm finding myself curiously drawn to a Cervelo R3 and Ultegra Di2 (which hasn't got a weight limit on it - either frame or parts!!)
  • mostaverage
    Options
    , I'd dearly love a DeRosa with Record 11 and a pair of Fulcrum Red Wind 50's, ...snip.... I'm finding myself curiously drawn to a Cervelo R3 and Ultegra Di2 (which hasn't got a weight limit on it - either frame or parts!!)

r89r0n.jpg
  • mdstamand
    mdstamand Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Nice bikes all. Hoping to figure out how to post so I can share mine. Tried getting them in from flickr but with no luck.
  • cohophysh
    cohophysh Posts: 288
    Options
    nice bikes
  • beachgrad05
    beachgrad05 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Nice bikes all. Hoping to figure out how to post so I can share mine. Tried getting them in from flickr but with no luck.

Be sure to change the code to replace the CAPS "IMG" parts to lower case "img"