Season 2 - Episode 12 - "Better Angels" 03/11/12

Options

Replies

• SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    I can't think Rick is a wuss. I mean, he shot the little girl, he stabbed Shane. Shane was an obnoxious arrogant d*ck. While it was awesome to see him die, I wish they didn't because it kept the show a little more interesting. What the hell are they going to do now!?!?! That house is going to invaded! OMG OMG OMG
  • Kristen0526
    Kristen0526 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Okay, I apparently found different views on the episode than most people here. For starters, Shane didn't kill the kid b/c he told him he knew where the group was, he freed him from the barn and then killed him as a reason to get Rick out in the woods to kill him. That's why he ran himself into the tree, to make it look like Randall attacked him. He's been trying to kill Rick ever since Rick found the group. Remember when they were in the woods at the very beginning of the season (or it was the end of last season, they are blurring together a little bit), and Dale watched Shane eye up Rick with his gun? He's wanted Rick gone so he can be with Lori (only God knows why, she looks like Olive Oyl from Popeye. Isn't she supposed to be pregnant?? Put some fat on that girl!) Anway, I digress. Jenner did tell Rick that everyone is infected, it's going to come out next week exactly how. But when Shane and Rick had Randall up at the school, they saw the three dead walkers lying on the ground, but they didn't have any bite marks. They had scratches but that's not what turned them. They turned b/c they died from some other cause and came back. Like someone else said, unless you get shot in the head, you will return as a walker.

Also, can someone tell me what exactly makes Shane "eye-candy"??? I find nothing about him appealing. Now Darryl on the other hand is sexy as hell, but I've been a Norman Reedus fan for years, so I'm partial.

Carl has been pissing me off to NO end, who the heck watches this kid?? Neither of his parents seem too concerned with his whereabouts, Shane was the only person to ask him where he's been. Someone needs to drive it through his brain that he can't just wander off in the middle of the night by himself when there are walkers roaming around EVERYWHERE. But, I have to give it to the kid, that was one hell of a shot at the end. Yeah, it got the walkers attention, but there were hundreds of them, and they were already so close to the house that they would have found it eventually. It just helps make the season finale that much more exciting. For a kid as young as he is with as little gun experience as he did to shot a zombie that is running in their direction in the center of the forehead, with his dad standing between them is a pretty damn good shot. But how exactly did Carl get the gun back? In the last episode, he dropped it and ran off when the walker attacked him. Did he go back out in the woods again without telling anyone and just get lucky this time? My guess is yes. But no one has told Darryl that his gun is gone, and he and Glen are still out in the woods!! I'm thinking that something is going to happen where he can't get back into the house and he's going to have to escape on his bike, and he will run out of arrows and go for the gun in his saddlebag and it won't be there and he will be screwed. And it will be all Carl's fault.

Now that I've vented and got that out, sorry for taking up so much space hahaha. I could go on but there isn't enough room to keep talking hahaha.
  • josho655321
    josho655321 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Darryl has Dale's side arm now... T-dog gave it to him
    I read that on the next episode we find out what Jenner whispered in Ricks ear and that not every cast member will be making it to season 3, so it sounds like we will be losing someone else next.

I think they are going to say that Jenner says the zombie virus was a government experiment gone wrong

T-Dog and Carol are going down, pretty safe bets
  • joelabro
    joelabro Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I can't think Rick is a wuss. I mean, he shot the little girl, he stabbed Shane. Shane was an obnoxious arrogant d*ck. While it was awesome to see him die, I wish they didn't because it kept the show a little more interesting. What the hell are they going to do now!?!?! That house is going to invaded! OMG OMG OMG

Don't forget taking out the two guys in the bar, and I guess the boatload of zombies should also count. Interesting theories on if Rick knew everyone is already infected from what Dr. Jenner told him? It didn't seem that way since he turned his back on Shane. And why not tell the rest of the group that detail unless he wanted to keep the calm. I thought that was what he was told for a long time, but I am starting to have second thoughts.
  • lour441
    lour441 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I would be willing to bet a bunch of characters get killed off next week. Lots of zombies and low on ammo = disaster. I wonder how much ammo Shane has in his trunk?
  • Sgriffin2382
    Sgriffin2382 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    But no one has told Darryl that his gun is gone, and he and Glen are still out in the woods!! I'm thinking that something is going to happen where he can't get back into the house and he's going to have to escape on his bike, and he will run out of arrows and go for the gun in his saddlebag and it won't be there and he will be screwed. And it will be all Carl's fault.

Darryl knows that his gun is gone. He made the comment last night when he was given Dale's gun that he wished he knew what happened to his. And I totally agree with you on Carl. Put a damn leash on that kid! Or let a walker eat him. One or the other ;-) And it has been widely speculated for a while now that everyone is already infected with whatever makes you a walker. You just have to die, and then you reanimate. So between the officers, the prisoner, and Shane, I think we pretty much have our answer. That was really creepy though when they were showing what was going on in his head before he reanimated though. And that last scene, when you see all the walkers in the background, gave me chills. I did tell my husband though that I thought it was funny that we saw more walkers in the first five minutes of the show that the last 5 episodes combined ;-)
  • joelabro
    Options
    Okay, I apparently found different views on the episode than most people here.

I like just about everything you have to say! When Rick told Carl to keep the gun, I was thinking what the Hell it's Daryl's gun for crying out loud. Make him take it back to Daryl, cause I think Daryl would understand and maybe even be proud of him on some level.
  • Kristen0526
    Kristen0526 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Okay, I apparently found different views on the episode than most people here.

I like just about everything you have to say! When Rick told Carl to keep the gun, I was thinking what the Hell it's Daryl's gun for crying out loud. Make him take it back to Daryl, cause I think Daryl would understand and maybe even be proud of him on some level.

I agree, Carl should have had to man up and told Darryl he's the reason his gun was gone. Rick keeps saying how he's got to grow up, there's no more kid stuff, etc. Okay, then give him an opportunity to "man up" and let him take responsibility for his actions!!
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    All this "she needs to die, he needs to die" is baffling to me. Who do we like? Darryl? So...we want him on his own? Hershel? Who gets to live? I know it's a TV show, but we're running low on humans here.

That's true. I really enjoy the show, but I'm having a hard time finding any of the characters really likable, except for Glen. I would think they wouldn't want to set all of these people up in such a way that we don't give a crap if they die or not. Although, it is interesting to see how they have evolved to think about one another and the walkers since the beginning, but I'm hoping in the next season they will introduce some new characters that I like better.
  • joelabro
    Options
    I read that on the next episode we find out what Jenner whispered in Ricks ear and that not every cast member will be making it to season 3, so it sounds like we will be losing someone else next.

I think they are going to say that Jenner says the zombie virus was a government experiment gone wrong

I couldn't help to think in the beginning when T-Dog had the hammer, please don't try to make him into Tyrese replacement. And with Carol, I think she serves a purpose in staying around. If they keep her close to the comic, some interesting things happen with her that could translate well into the show, but that stuff may not occur if they work up her relationship with Daryl.
  • suemar74
    suemar74 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Re: Jenner telling Rick the virus is already present in everyone... (and other mindless ramblings)

I have thought that was a possibility too, but one of the "buts" to that theory is why wouldn't Jenner use that as a selling point in his argument to convince the group that they're all screwed anyway, and they may as well go down quickly and painlessly and on their own terms at the CDC. Why keep it a secret? He told them everything else he had learned.

As for Carl...maybe it's because I'm the mom of two teen boys, but I have to cut the boy some slack. He makes me want to shake him sometimes, but I remember when my kids were that age, there was a lot of pre-teen angst and confusion at an age where they were too old to be little boys, and too young to be men. And that is in a normal world. Throw in a zombie apocalypse, and things really start messing with your head.

And I also cut Rick some slack. He hasn't had as much time to adjust as everyone else. And he hasn't seen the horrors that everyone else saw. I'm guessing the rest of the group saw humans fight with a do-or-die, every-man-for-himself mentality in the beginning...when everything was confusing and chaos reigned. They've had more time to lose their humanity.

And I also think he seems like the type of man who became a cop because he actually wanted to serve and protect.

Shane on the other hand, strikes me as the type who became a cop with the neanderthal thinking of, "Me drive fast...get chicks...shoot gun. Ug." So they have always approached each situation differently.

And everyone who was pro-Shane, I have to ask...how is Shane any different than Randall? How was he any more fit to live? Let alone run that group? He only cared about three people, and even then it was more of a feeling of ownership. He was ready to kill his "best friend". He killed Otis. He was ready to ditch Sophia before they knew whether she was alive or dead. No one was safe in that group with him around, other than Loria and Carl...everyone else was dispensable.

And for the record, I never saw Shane as eye-candy. Blech. But I will miss his unpredictability. I only hope this "Governor" character steps up to the plate and fills that shoe.

Okay. I'm done now. Sorry for the novel.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    I think the season finale will be everyone holed up in the house with the zombies closing in. Then, the gang of 30 from 5 miles down the road will arrive and dispense with the zombies. But then, this gang of 30 will be even more of a danger than the zombies were...and one of them will be Daryl's brother.

Next season would be about dealing with this bigger, more powerful bunch of a'holes...one of whom has a vendetta against the 'Rick group'. And Daryl will have to choose sides.

This adds more humans to the storyline.

That is how I would write it, anyway.
  • Sgriffin2382
    Options
    Oooh, I LOVE your theory! I have been wondering when his brother is going to show back up. Because you just know he is! If he wasn't they wouldn't have made such a big deal about him cutting his own hand off. I think, in a perfect story line, he would up end up being the leader of that other group, but we already know that is the governor ;-)
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    I think the season finale will be everyone holed up in the house with the zombies closing in. Then, the gang of 30 from 5 miles down the road will arrive and dispense with the zombies. But then, this gang of 30 will be even more of a danger than the zombies were...and one of them will be Daryl's brother.

Next season would be about dealing with this bigger, more powerful bunch of a'holes...one of whom has a vendetta against the 'Rick group'. And Daryl will have to choose sides.

This adds more humans to the storyline.

That is how I would write it, anyway.

And (next season) I think the gang of 30 may molest or attempt to hurt Carol, and a ) she will show she's tough instead of a wimp and b ) Daryl will take her side against his brother and gang. I saw him eyeballing her during this show...

I dunno, tons of possiblities when the gang shows up.
  • josho655321
    josho655321 Posts: 110 Member
    Options

I couldn't help to think in the beginning when T-Dog had the hammer, please don't try to make him into Tyrese replacement. And with Carol, I think she serves a purpose in staying around. If they keep her close to the comic, some interesting things happen with her that could translate well into the show, but that stuff may not occur if they work up her relationship with Daryl.

Given that they gave up on Carol's little girl for the story, I really hope they bring Tyrese in, which i doubt at this point, and given that they havent brought him in yet puts Carol into a position where she isn't really important anymore to the story... if anything Tyrese is a combination of T-dog and Darryl at this point, which sucks.... At least she will go out with a bang, i hope
  • joelabro
    Options
    I think the gang of 30 will show up with the Dad and Son from Episode one, and they will both know the secret that Jenner told Rick.and Yes I agree that Merle Dixon will be there. All 33 of them will also know how all this zombiness started. Might be some other "plot holes" that get filled in too. :smile:

Ok, maybe I am a little ornery today. My prediction is that the gang of 30 will be pushed into next season, and Merle Dixon being with them is not a horrible theory. Based on what we know, Randall's people should have no idea about him and where he was taken. as far as they know, he was left for dead on the fence. Them finding the farm would be total happenstance and it would annoy me. That would be a true plot hole, because it's such a logical leap. I think it will be a big zombie battle, and the humans will be arguing the whole time on whether to flee or fight for the farm. It'll probably be too overwhelming and anyone that makes it through will be forced to flee, and the group will be on the road, just like the end of season 1.
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    I like Maggie. I hope she doesn't die.
  • suemar74
    suemar74 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I like Maggie. I hope she doesn't die.

I feel something is going to happen to make Glenn face his feelings for her...they've been dancing around it for the last few episodes. But I'm with you. Since I like both of them, I hope they both make it through.
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I think the gang of 30 will show up with the Dad and Son from Episode one, and they will both know the secret that Jenner told Rick.and Yes I agree that Merle Dixon will be there. All 33 of them will also know how all this zombiness started. Might be some other "plot holes" that get filled in too. :smile:

Ok, maybe I am a little ornery today. My prediction is that the gang of 30 will be pushed into next season, and Merle Dixon being with them is not a horrible theory. Based on what we know, Randall's people should have no idea about him and where he was taken. as far as they know, he was left for dead on the fence. Them finding the farm would be total happenstance and it would annoy me. That would be a true plot hole, because it's such a logical leap. I think it will be a big zombie battle, and the humans will be arguing the whole time on whether to flee or fight for the farm. It'll probably be too overwhelming and anyone that makes it through will be forced to flee, and the group will be on the road, just like the end of season 1.

Nail. Head. You hit it. My only hope for the group of 30 returning was IF Randall escaped found them and brought them back. Obviously they didn't care about Randall when they left him skewered on that fence why would they bother looking for him now? I think Herschel and maybe 1 or 2 more will stay to try and defend the farm but it will be overrun. The rest will run and that is where the season will end. Season 3 will start with them finding somewhere to stay....I'm hoping it's the same place they find in the comic book.
  • Sgriffin2382
    Options
    Season 3 will start with them finding somewhere to stay....I'm hoping it's the same place they find in the comic book.

Me too! Since they cast the Governor, it only makes sense that the prison is where they go next. I haven't read the books, but I have read ABOUT them. Many similarities to the show, they just seem to move the time frame around a lot. I was asking my friend about Daryl, who isn't in the books,and she was telling me that his character has become so popular that the writer is considering putting him INTO the books :-) I would love to read them. She tells me it is so much more intense and gory than the show.