What are you doing?

Options

Replies

• PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I just wrapped up my second week of fat-loss 1, I am adapting very quickly to this routine... I am having to add things to it. I'm thinking I am going to move on to phase 2
  • RahBuhBuh
    RahBuhBuh Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Friday is my last workout of the break in period. Then I am off on to Fat Loss. How is that going for you all? Are you noticing any shrinkage in the gut area? That is the only place I have gobs of fat.
  • PepeGreggerton
    Options
    Friday is my last workout of the break in period. Then I am off on to Fat Loss. How is that going for you all? Are you noticing any shrinkage in the gut area? That is the only place I have gobs of fat.

I am noticing an overall change in composition.
  • jahnlaw
    jahnlaw Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I just did workout A of the break in. I was sweating but did not think it was nearly as hard as other woekoutsto I had been doing. Ill do a cardio today and workout B tomorrow. I'm not sure at all whether Ill do another two weeks of this break in. I'm especially reconsidering any need to take a week off after the break in and might start the fat loss next week.
  • frogman4591
    Options
    Reading the book. Working on the plank positions. Able to do the plank for 3 one minute times with on minute rest in between, and side plank for 3 forty-five second times with 45 second rests. Also on week four of the C25k program.
  • RahBuhBuh
    Options
    I need help. I'm obviously doing something wrong because Front Squats are killing me. The only weight I can do without my wrists being in great pain is just the bar by itself. The bare bar! That's crazy. I curl 50lbs with dumb bells, but I can't do front squats with more than 45 total?

The problem is that it kills my wrists. Any advice? Evidently I am doing something wrong.
  • PepeGreggerton
    Options
    I need help. I'm obviously doing something wrong because Front Squats are killing me. The only weight I can do without my wrists being in great pain is just the bar by itself. The bare bar! That's crazy. I curl 50lbs with dumb bells, but I can't do front squats with more than 45 total?

The problem is that it kills my wrists. Any advice? Evidently I am doing something wrong.

Do you wear lifting gloves? Mine have wrist support
  • RahBuhBuh
    Options
    I don't usually wear gloves but maybe I need to look into getting some with wrist support. I'm wondering if maybe I just need to stretch out my wrists and forearms.
  • PepeGreggerton
    Options
    I don't usually wear gloves but maybe I need to look into getting some with wrist support. I'm wondering if maybe I just need to stretch out my wrists and forearms.

Get some gloves, I did 95lbs and just did them for the first time the other day and had no pain whatsoever
  • MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Hyp 1 right now.. love this book and routines, I ahve all three, second one for my wife, I mix a little of book three with Book one.
  • RahBuhBuh
    Options
    So far I have done, Break In, Fat Loss 1, Fat Loss 2, this week is recovery week. It works out well because not only have I gotten leaner, I have also gotten a cold this week. Next week it is back to heavy lifting.
  • rickcote13
    Options
    I am very interested and waiting for the book to arrive. I am anxious about getting started... Need to break things up..
    Talk more as soon as I get it, read it and start it...

THanks for the info
  • chiltonenator
    chiltonenator Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting it. I did Break in A Sunday and will do Break in B tomorrow. Really just getting used to the movements and using little or no weight so far. I haven't lifted or exercised much at all for 18 years so it's a re-entry program for me. Hoping to build or at least maintain muscle while I lose weight.
  • fingersmagoo
    fingersmagoo Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I just did my day one break in last night. I am a bit sore, so I ran 4 miles to work it off. I am sure the next workout will be interesting. I am not a fan of squats. ( don't have very good range of motion in my shoulder due to a surgery last year. )

I am not as sore as the first day of P90X, that was nuts! But with that said, this might be a program a person can keep doing without getting burnt out.
  • SmudgerSmithRhino
    Options
    Hi all,

Just done workout A of the Break-in today, don't feel too bad although I thought my legs were going to explode at one point.

Love the book, its great to have a plan know what exercises you are going to do before you get to the gym. Got the rest of the year mapped out too!!

The break-in period is great for funding out what weights you can lift.

Will report back on Wednesday after break-in B
  • fingersmagoo
    Options
    I am doing it, but I don't think I am getting much out of it. I am on Fat Burn 1, but I have been running for about 6 years now, so I am in OK shape. I am hoping this program adds some meat to these bones. :)

Paul
  • fingersmagoo
    Options
    I am very interested and waiting for the book to arrive. I am anxious about getting started... Need to break things up..
    Talk more as soon as I get it, read it and start it...

THanks for the info

Are they gong to make a movie???? :)
  • mmarin81
    mmarin81 Posts: 241
    Options
    Just began reading it this week. Im on chapter 2 and find the book to be a pretty good read. Skimmed through the routines and I am pretty excited to give it a go soon. Currently doing insanity so after that I plan to start with some of the workouts.
  • jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Insanity too! Well actually, a hybrid of P90X and Insanity. I finish next week and then I'm gonna take a rest week and start NROL on June 1. I hope others are starting at the same time.
  • SmudgerSmithRhino
    Options
    Hi,

I'm halfway through Break-In programme and absolutely loving it.

Rather than go to the gym and spend half my time wandering what exercise I am going to do next, I have a structured programme that is easy to follow and saves a lot of time.

And because you record your reps and weights you can push yourself that little bit further each time.

Starting Fat Loss 1 next, which fits in well as my rest week after fat loss is when I'm on holiday! Buff for the beach!