Graduation Announcements!

Options

Replies

• ksmorck
    ksmorck Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I ran my first 3 miles yesterday in 36:39!! I know I have a lot of time to knock off but very excited about this accomplishment and just had to share:) I do plan to keep running although not really sure of a routine yet. I do know I'll run one 'long run' (right now 3miles) a week, otherwise not really sure!
    I did stick with the program and did not have to repeat any weeks. Its amazing how well it works. I walked/hiked a lot before I started but have not run since high school. I'm now 31 with a bad knee and a 9 month old son!
    Don't like to brag but had to share here!
  • fourluvbugs
    fourluvbugs Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Congratulations mostaverage and ksmorck! Way to stick it out and complete the program. What an accomplishment!

Its great to see that you both plan to continue with your running from here, I hope I feel the same when I accomplish that first big milestone (or 3.1 milestone ;)).

Well done!
  • mostaverage
    mostaverage Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Well done ksmorck, a lot of hard work & perseverance and you have reached your goal. Excellent ! - Know what you mean about the after 5k routine, I feel a little lost not having 3 set runs a week to get to the next week, so I'm going to try work the runs in as often as life allows - managed another 5k this morning and although there were more hills this time it felt a little easier ( although I do confess to stopping 2k in to play with a dog I met on the path ). Feel really great and a lot stronger at the finish this time and I've still got an hour of badminton to go tonight! Well done again!
  • ksmorck
    ksmorck Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Thanks mostaverage & congrats to you too!!
  • cannie55
    cannie55 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I graduated today! For my W9D3 run tonight I did 3.2 miles in 30 minutes (actually, it was about 30 minutes and 5 seconds, but close enough :) ) I'm signed up for my first 5k next Saturday!

This spring I'm hoping to do a few more 5k races and at some point this summer I'd like to start slowly training for a half marathon- obviously a long way to go before I'm there though!!

Congrats to everyone else who has finished also!
  • mostaverage
    Options
    Well done ac1355 !!
  • janjan369
    janjan369 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! I did it! I just finished week 9 day 3 :) At 30 min, I ran 2.51 miles outside. Since I was running for time vs. distance, I want to repeat week 7, 8, and 9 again to increase my speed to get to 3.1 miles. My first 5K isn't until July, so I have some time. Congratulations to all the other graduates!
  • flibberdajibbitt
    flibberdajibbitt Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I graduated on March 13th. I have run 5k three times since then. My next goal is to run 5k three times a week. Then... *gasp* I'm going to build my confidence and start running outside (once all the snow is gone!)

I'm still amazed that I was able to finish this...

:happy:
  • janjan369
    janjan369 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    After finishing the program last week, today I decided to "try" running a full 3.1 miles instead of repeating any of the weeks. And I did it! I ran the whole 5K without walking - and in 40.14 minutes! I hope to get it under 30 min soon before my first 5K race :) I absolutely love this program!
  • mostaverage
    Options
    Congrats new graduates, well done !!!
  • Siannah
    Siannah Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I'm officially only in Week 8, but have been adding minutes and km's where I could and tonight I ran 7km !! Took me 47 minutes, I'm not a fast runner yet, but I think I'm able to do this without Couch to 5k from now!

yay.gif
  • mostaverage
    Options
    I'm officially only in Week 8, but have been adding minutes and km's where I could and tonight I ran 7km !! Took me 47 minutes, I'm not a fast runner yet, but I think I'm able to do this without Couch to 5k from now!

yay.gif

To the graduation......AND BEYOND !!!!

Well done!
  • Siannah
    Siannah Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I'm still walking around with a big grin on my face, am sooo pleased :happy:
  • savingmomof2boys
    savingmomof2boys Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I completed on March 19, 2012 and ran 3.1 miles in 31:01. Yesterday (March 21) I ran 3.51 miles in 36:49.
  • MelanieAG05
    MelanieAG05 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I completed C25K this afternoon - 5.7km in 41 minutes. Just need to build up the speed now!!

I'm so proud of myself and the running has massively boosted my weight loss - 5lbs down in 2 weeks!

My first race is on 6th May - Cancer Research UK Race for Life.

Any tips for increasing speed?
  • Cheeta_HH
    Cheeta_HH Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    It sounds like lots of you are also interested in working up to a 10K. I am doing week 1 of the Bridge to 10K right now. If anyone would like to join me, I'd love the support! (And I'd also just kinda like to talk about it with someone who "gets it"! I get the feeling my non-running friends are tired of hearing about my running!)
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I did it! I ran 5k for the first time yesterday, Saturday March 24th! So pleased with the c25k program - still can't believe how far I've come! Thinking of registering for a 5k fun run in my area at the end of May. Still plenty of time to improve my time & speed. :bigsmile:
  • Cheeta_HH
    Cheeta_HH Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I did it! I ran 5k for the first time yesterday, Saturday March 24th! So pleased with the c25k program - still can't believe how far I've come! Thinking of registering for a 5k fun run in my area at the end of May. Still plenty of time to improve my time & speed. :bigsmile:

Great job, Amy!
  • Nnekaschild
    Nnekaschild Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Well guys,

This was probably my third or fourth time re-doing c25k. Usually, I dont finish but do make good progress.

Well, this year I started in February, got to Week 6/7 and stopped for two weeks. I returned to c25k and ended up being able to run 5k with doing the remaining weeks. When I first ran 5k, I thought it was a fluke so went out today to do it again. IT WASNT A FLUKE!!! I CAN JOG 5K. Woo hoo!!

I won't lie, I jog quite slow (I blame the big *kitten* weighing me down. lol). It takes me 35-37 minutes to do 5k but I am not winded at all and feel great. I could proabaly go faster but want to take it easy so my legs get used to the distance.

Guess what?....I have now signed up to do the Royal Parks half marathon in London on 7 October 2012. I needed a goal to keep up with my jogging. lol.

Six months of training should do it.

Further and faster, I go.
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Finished up the program this morning! I'm running my first 5K next week on Saturday. A little nervous, but VERY excited. Never thought I would make it this far, as I've NEVER run until 9 weeks ago!:happy: