3rd Trimester

Options

Replies

• kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Morning gals!

No time to catch up with everyone but I wanted to check in quick! We're moving offices at work so I will be crazy busy this week and next, so I may not be on here so much.

Doctor appointment yesterday...1 cm dilated, happy baby--heart rate was 146. 3 weeks from tomorrow is c-day! Hoping baby just stays put until our scheduled date...I have lots to do!

Have a great day...and week if I don't get back!

Kristin--35 weeks 6 days
  • H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies!
    So the doctor's appointment went okay yesterday. I'm now 2cm dilated & still only 60-70% effaced. He said if I hadn't made progress by NEXT week........my eyes got large & I interrupted & said NEXT WEEK!? He forgot that I'd be 41 weeks on thursday, so then changed his tune ;) I go to the hospital Wed night to get cervix ripening medicine - which can take up to 12 hours. THEN they start the pitocin - which can last 12-24hours. (Anyone have any experience with either of those things? I know everyone is different).

Pretty sure I lost at least part of my plug after we got home (doctor did do a sweep again). And then I went for a fast waddle around town for about an hour. Just had lots & lots of contractions last night, more painful than before, but nothing "exactly" so many minutes apart. SO.....hurry up & wait......

~Heather 40 weeks 5 days
  • taldie01
    taldie01 Posts: 378
    Options
    Heather sounds like your at least making some progress. I was on pictocin and it worked really fast on e. And really spead up my delivery. I think thats why I ened up tearing so bad :frown: It did make contractions come fast and hard which is also probably why I opted for an epidural. Dont worry though eveyones different, and honestly even though I didnt have a natural child birth I was very happy with how everything went.

Hubbys at home today still recovering, he is going to clean and organize! I love him for being such a type A sometimes, except I can never find any of my stuff after he cleans...aquasize was cancelled tonight which means they will extend it another week, so my last class Ill be 38 weeks :sick: I dont know if I can do it?! Had a nice steak dinner last night at my inlaws for my MIL bday. I really need to start moving again! Does anyone else feel like they have been kicked in the vajay jay?

Tara 33 weeks
  • kmreynolds11
    kmreynolds11 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Just popping in quickly to say Hi! :happy:

Been busy at work and heading out early for a busy afternoon with my husband. We're going to watch his old college baseball team play and say hi to his old coaches, then out to a special dinner date at a fondue restaurant, and finally to the hospital for tonight's tour! I can't wait to see the hospital and find out some more info!

Sounds like you're all busy and healthy... since I'm still several weeks behind most of you, I don't have some of your latest aches and pains.... but I knkow my day will come SOON! :laugh: :ohwell: Actually... I chuckled to myself last night because it was the first time I had noticed my hands and feet were swollen at the end of the day. Made me think of your Flinstone Feet convos from earlier!

Have a good evening ladies!

KRISTI
    29w1d
  • SarahR1984
    SarahR1984 Posts: 212
    Options
    Morning ladies!
    So the doctor's appointment went okay yesterday. I'm now 2cm dilated & still only 60-70% effaced. He said if I hadn't made progress by NEXT week........my eyes got large & I interrupted & said NEXT WEEK!? He forgot that I'd be 41 weeks on thursday, so then changed his tune ;) I go to the hospital Wed night to get cervix ripening medicine - which can take up to 12 hours. THEN they start the pitocin - which can last 12-24hours. (Anyone have any experience with either of those things? I know everyone is different).

Pretty sure I lost at least part of my plug after we got home (doctor did do a sweep again). And then I went for a fast waddle around town for about an hour. Just had lots & lots of contractions last night, more painful than before, but nothing "exactly" so many minutes apart. SO.....hurry up & wait......

~Heather 40 weeks 5 days

" I go to the hospital Wed night to get cervix ripening medicine - which can take up to 12 hours. THEN they start the pitocin - which can last 12-24hours. (Anyone have any experience with either of those things? I know everyone is different)."

Heather~

That is exactly what happened to me. I went to 41weeks with my first then the Doctor decided to induce. I went in at 6pm and got the cervix ripening hormones. I slept there and they started pitocin at 6 am. I was on it all day and wasn't progressing.By 3pm I started getting contractions that were constant. They hurt but didn't progress my labor at all. By 6pm I was still not dialated, at 0! So after 24 hours of trying to induce we did a c-section. Doc gave me the option of coming back a week later and trying again, but I was worried about the meconium, and I didn't think the baby was going to come out vaginally. I think my hips are just too narrow to fit a baby out. He never even dropped by 41 weeks and I never dialated. He turned out to be 9lbs 4 oz and 23" long.

I didn't like the hormones they put in because I had to lay flat on my back for 20 minutes straight. Try doing with a 41 week belly on top of you! It was really uncomfortable. The pitocin wasn't too bad for me, but it didn't really work like it was supposed to. I just kept waiting for the pain to start. So it didn't work for me, but I blame my body shape, not the actual induction.

Hopefully it'll work for you!
  • kristy_estes21
    kristy_estes21 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Birth story posted. :) I'll check back in with you ladies later when things settle down around this crazy house! lol Miss you all!
  • SarahR1984
    SarahR1984 Posts: 212
    Options
    Beautiful baby Kristy! Love the pic :)

Anyone thinking about making their own (or I guess buying) fancy hospital gown? On one hand it would be cute for pictures, on the other it gets pretty messy after having a baby! Trying to decide if it's worth it... although I still have a glider chair and ottoman to sew a cover for, a bedskirt, a blanket to make, and walls to paint! So it might all come down to time management. Just wondering if anyone else has thought of doing this!

Here is a free pattern if anyone's interested!
    http://www.lazygirldesigns.com/hospitalgown.php
  • batgirlrox
    batgirlrox Posts: 105
    Options
    Hey Everyone,

Well all I can say is WOW, I'm exhausted. I feel like I've hit a brick wall mentally and physically the last few days. I still have 10 ish weeks to go and not sure how to pick up the energy. As of today I am no longer working shifts on the ambulance and will start light duties on Monday in an office so hopefully that will improve my energy levels. I haven't had the energy to cook or make anything slightly healthy which I know isn't helping on the energy spectrum. We did get the babies room base colours painted(still need to finish the border and stensils), dog's vet shots done, life insurance set up, and our taxes done this week so I can't say nothing got done.
    I'm pretty excited about Friday when I get my 3D/4D ultrasound done. They are not covered in Canada and you have to go through a private clinic to get them done at your own expense so that was one of my birthday presents from hubby. I've been trying very patiently to get it done and it's finally time YAY. Also have another pre-natal appointment on Friday although with a different doctor then my normal one since he is on holidays so I hope all goes well.
    Sounds like most of you are having better weeks then me and I hope you guys keep it up!
    Amanda
    28W6D
  • svgarcia
    svgarcia Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    In
    Morning gals!

No time to catch up with everyone but I wanted to check in quick! We're moving offices at work so I will be crazy busy this week and next, so I may not be on here so much.

Doctor appointment yesterday...1 cm dilated, happy baby--heart rate was 146. 3 weeks from tomorrow is c-day! Hoping baby just stays put until our scheduled date...I have lots to do!

Kristin--35 weeks 6 days

Are u still working while ur 1 cm dilated??
  • svgarcia
    svgarcia Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Went to my appt this afternoon. I am 1.5 cm dilated and half way thinned out. Gained back the 4 lbs that I lost. I kinda knew it being that we had my gpa's service on Mon and burial yesterday I've been eating all kinds of Filipino dessert that everyone donated. And the catering we had. Oh my...so I'm back with a total weight gain of 25 lbs.

Plus my mom and my uncles are bbq'ING tonight because we have families that flew in from Canada, California, Chicago, for my gpa's funeral so eating again....
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    In
    Morning gals!

Kristin--35 weeks 6 days

Are u still working while ur 1 cm dilated??

Yep...working up until the day I go in for my c-section OR I go into labor...whichever comes first! :)
  • yahyamommy
    yahyamommy Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm STILL here ladies :wink: Have been trying to walk & bounce this baby out, but he's just not having it. The double dose of stubborness he got probably doesn't help :laugh:
    Today I go back to the doctor, yet again....He'll decide when we're going to induce. My guess is that he'll wait til wed/thur/fri, when I'll be 41 weeks (thurs)....& he's apparently not concerned w/ how big this baby is. I think that he's already a good 9 pounder....which is a big baby (yes, I know they get bigger even!), but the doctor isn't the one that has to push a big baby through his vagina!!! So.....I'll keep ya posted. It's an afternoon appt.

~Heather 40 weeks 4 days

Wish u best of luck and Lols on "dr is not the one pushing big baby"
  • taldie01
    Options
    Hey ladies, made it out for a 40 min walk yesterday and ate relatively well. My Pregnant friend here at work had her baby on tuesday and I totally predicted the day! Slowly working on packing my bags, I feel pretty ready, not much more to get or do. Id like to fill my freezer up with a weeks worth of food. Also just realized not having my daughter in day home will give us an extra 750.00 a month! Ya!!

take care

Tara
  • kmreynolds11
    Options
    HI LADIES! :smile: :wink:

Tara – Glad you finished up your class and checked the box on writing your exam paper. Great job on the walk today---I’ve been majorly slacking this week. By the way, you have to be the best delivery date predicter around! I can’t believe you!

Fitnurse – Yay on a great wedding weekend. I hear ya on being tired. I’ve definitely noticed a decrease in energy recently and can’t imagine how it is for the last few weeks! A busy weekend must drain you!

Kristin – Hope the move at work is going well. The weeks are flying by… your C-section date will be here before you know it.

Heather – Still with us????? :tongue:

Sarah – Thanks for the hospital gown idea. The hubby just bought me a new sewing machine a few months ago and I was thinking about taking on a few baby projects of things I think I could make myself. My own special gown would be cool… hope things don’t get too messy!

Kristy – Thanks for stopping by. The birth story was great and Abbie is so adorable! I love the pics you had done!

Amanda – I feel the same way – all of a sudden no energy again. How is your rib? Sounds like you’re really getting a bunch of stuff done and that the baby room is shaping up nicely… mine still is a mountain of boxes to go through and organize! Enjoy the 3D/4D ultrasound. I really wanted to have one done, but my insurance also doesn’t cover it and we’re trying to save up $ so one of us can stay home with the baby as long as possible. Unfortunately here in the states, we don't get the amazing 52-week maternity leave! :grumble:

Things are OK with me. I had a great day out and about with the hubby on Tuesday and was really impressed on our hospital tour. The doula tour guide was awesome and it made me feel a lot better about having my baby there. I really think the Dr. at my practice was being overly conservative, because the hospital seemed much more flexible in standard procedures, etc. I'm relieved. :drinker:

This week my energy has seemed to disappear. What's worse is that I've been super busy at work which means I haven't gone on my usual walks at lunch time (except Mon) AND I've gotten into this habit of eating healthy until about 5pm and then going crazy! :embarassed: I think the refrigerator trembles every evening when it sees me coming!!!! :noway: Needless to say I've been watching the scale numbers increase this week... ugh!

Wishing you all a wonderful evening. Tomorrow = FRIDAY!!! :wink:

Kristi
    29w3d
    (+18-19 lbs)
  • taldie01
    Options
    Insert cricket noises, where is everyone? Helloo?????

I have been such a furnace lately, walking is getting tough for me too. Happy its the weekend, probably not doing a whole lot of baby stuff. Heading out tot the mountains for a day trip on Sunday with the fam. My mother is staying with us over the weekend, god I wish I could drink at these times. Baby is pretty squirmy. Have been sucking at excercise and eating, ce la vie.

Happy Friday
    Tara
    33 weeks
  • Fitnurse27
    Fitnurse27 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I'm still here 38w2d. I was checked on Thursday 1/2cm dilated 50% effaced. That's about as far as I ever dilate before I have a baby. I don't know what I would do if they checked me and I was 3cm. :noway: I love this beautiful weather we have been having. I have been doing my walks outside instead of at the gym. My doctor is on vacation in Florida this week so I'm actually trying not have this baby until he gets back. He won't be back until March 26th. I have always gone overdue so I think I can make it. He has delivered all of my babies so far. I would like him to deliver this one as well. Does anyone else feel guilty making plans right now. I always feel like I might have to cancel at the last minute if I should happen to go into labor. I also panic at the idea of my husband going anywhere that is an hour away or more. I want him to be around when I deliver! Have a great weekend. :)

Heather~ Any updates?

Kristi~ I'm glad the hospital tour and meeting with the doula went well. That should make your birthing experience a lot more relaxing.

Rachel
  • yahyamommy
    yahyamommy Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies I heard in third trimester the weight gain is usually by baby instead of mother. Is it true?
  • kristy_estes21
    kristy_estes21 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Yahyamommy - That's how it was with me. My weight gain didn't change a whole lot in the 3rd trimester even though Abbie was growing adequately so it was obviously her gaining. Everyone is different though. Just continue eating healthy and staying active, if possible and it should help with the gain. :)
  • batgirlrox
    batgirlrox Posts: 105
    Options
    Kristi-I'm glad you were able to get a more comfortable answer from the doula. I can't imagine having all of those "mandatory" timed stipulations to my own labour. It still baffles me how little maternity leave you guys get. I guess with your economy though it's good to have a job to come back to regardless of time off from what I understand.

Tara- Hope your little road trip went well it's a beautiful day for it.

Rachel- I hope the LO decides to wait for your doctor's return typically that's the time they don't seem to listen though haha. I'm still doing ok making plans although I still have a lot longer to go then you and can imagine I will feel the same way then.

AFM- Well Friday was a crazy day. We went to my pre-natal(with a different doctor since mine is on holidays) and I forgot how much of a blessing my doctor is. He is apologizing if he is 5-10 minutes behind and I've never seen him more then that. He hates being late. Well my appointment was at 1030 which I thought would leave plenty of time to get to my ultrasound at 12 but I was wrong. We were still in the waiting room at 1110 so I went up to the desk and asked if I could just re-book the appointment or what was the best plan since I had the U/S at noon(and it is 30 mins travel time to U/S place). Their response was well we will just phone the U/S place and tell them you will be late...So off to the waiting room I go again. 1115 I'm finally called to the room and they seem to be all worked up over the fact I have an U/S and the place has stated they can't guarntee I will get my whole U/S done if I'm late. So I think it was the first time ever I was excited to see this doctor's resident and I didn't have to wait for the actual doctor. He was in and out in 5 minutes flat and sent us on the way. (Wahoo passed my GD screen :drinker:)
    So thankfully we made it to the U/S in time and other then baby Evie being stubborn had a great experience. They recommend you drink something sweet before the scan so baby is active so I had a Coke. Well she was active with her entire body except refused to move her hand from in front of her face. So the tech gave me some Kool-Aid to see if that would make her move. Then the umbilical cord took the place of her hand in front of her face. At one point she did briefly look up and yawn which was totally cute but then tucked her little chin back into hiding. I was very thankful the tech was so willing to work with us. She had me in multiple positions to try and get good pictures and had me up walking around a few times hoping baby would move. So we ended up getting 45 minutes of DVD footage and 100 still pictures so I was quite pleased.
    I had to say good-bye to my best friend yesterday as she is moving back to her home province which really sucked. Neither one of us are typically crier's but we both had a little break down. I also had a little scare because it was almost 12 hours of no fetal movement from Evie. I had told my hubby that if I hadn't felt her move in the next few hours we were heading down to the ER to do a quick check and make sure things were ok. Sometime I wish I didn't have as much medical knowledge as I do because I freak myself out too easily I think. But baby is back to being her very active self again and I'm loving the movements now more then ever.
    Started on the nursery border yesterday and it's going to be a long process. It took us 1.5 hours to tape half of it yesterday and I put the first coat of paint on this morning and I think it will need at least 3 coats. Hopefully the other colour, which is a little darker, will cover better and won't require as many coats. Then we will be onto stensils and wall decals and be done WAHOO...Now if I could only get my BIL in gear on painting the nursery furniture I would be super excited.(For some reason he thinks snow mobiling every weekend in the mountains is much more fun then painting I just don't get it :wink: haha)
    Anyways start my new role as an office assistant tomorrow should be interesting. Hope everyone had a great weekend!
    Amanda
    29W3D
  • kmreynolds11
    Options
    Hellooooooooooooooo out there?! Geez… this board has become a ghost town! Hope everyone’s hanging on. Who’s the next mom up for delivery?

Rachel – Good luck holding out until the Dr. gets back in town. So on March 26th… you’ll be 39w2d? No problem! Don’t worry about making plans. I sorta feel like people will understand if you don’t keep all your commitments if you all of a sudden go into labor! Seriously… it’s not like you should become a hermit, stop doing things, and wait at home until your little one decides its time. Keep making plans – don’t feel bad! :flowerforyou:

Yahya & Kristy – I hope you’re both right about the 3rd Tri weight gain! I’m already hovering a little under 20lb gain and really had hoped to stay close to the 25lb total mark. :ohwell: Of course, I’m just trying to eat well for this little guy and will gain whatever comes naturally, but I wouldn’t be sad if he gained most of the weight during the next 10 weeks and left me around where I am!

Amanda – Nice job with the GD scan out of the way! Also… sounds like your u/s was WONDERFUL! What a special experience and definitely some great keepsakes of this time for Baby Evie! Nice work on the nursery. I’m still undecided on whether or not I want to paint the new baby’s room. Right now its just a neutral beige. I was thinking I could spice it up with some wall decals or nice prints…. But lately I’ve been contemplating giving it a new color. Hmmm…

As for me – Feel like I’m settling into this 3rd Tri stride. Feeling pretty huge these days, but a lot of people comment that I still look pretty small for 30 weeks. (Yeah right… they should carry this belly around!) Been having a little trouble staying asleep at night, but I find the more active I am and exercise I get, the better the night. As far as eating has been going, I would say I’ve been 80% a perfect angel and 20% the cookie monster. I’m super excited to go home to NY (about 5 hour drive away) this weekend to visit family and friends. They’re throwing a baby shower for me on Saturday… can’t wait! :drinker:

Have a great week, ladies!

KRISTI
    30weeks today
    (+19 lbs)