Week 3

Options

Replies

• MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    ^^^ I felt the same way. I just did W3D1 today, and the 3 minute intervals were not bad as long as I paced myself and watched my breathing! :) I'm feeling great. I did an extra few intervals, as well!
  • fourluvbugs
    fourluvbugs Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    First run of week 3 for me today and I am proud of myself for making it through. I run at a turtle pace, but I'm ok with that.... I'm not racing anyone and I think that its more important to be able to get through it right now and psychologically know I can do it than to do it with any kind of speed. I'll work on speed later.

D2 W3 here I come!
  • fourluvbugs
    Options
    Completed W3D2 today and it was a bit of a struggle.... maye because I did squats yesterday? Whatever the reason, I really had to talk myself into continuing on both of teh 3 minute runs. I made it and I'm glad its done. I sure hope that D3 is more like D1 than D2 though!
  • fourluvbugs
    Options
    Day 3 was so much easier than day 2. Hooray! I extended the second 3 minutes to 5 1/2 minutes and ran 1/2 mile in that stretch. I was a sweaty mess after, but so stoked that I was able to do it. Week 4, here I come! And I bumped my speed up a bit today too. Woot!
  • mostaverage
    mostaverage Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Nice !! Well done you!
  • fourluvbugs
    Options
    Nice !! Well done you!

Thank you!
  • d3mon4ngel
    d3mon4ngel Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I'm starting W3D1 tonight. I feel quite silly that a three minute run seems scary to me :embarassed:
  • fourluvbugs
    Options
    You absolutely can do it. I think you'll surprise yourself! Be sure to come back and let me know how it goes. :)
  • pauladick
    pauladick Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    started week 3 wednesday gone and was really dubious . I did it on the treadmill and was quite pleased with myself,however day 2 was done in the countryside where i have a caravan and so i was pritty scared . Yes it nearly killed me but i am happy to say i did it and felt a real sense of acheivement . Next round wed at the beach ,let u know how i get on xx:tongue:
  • d3mon4ngel
    d3mon4ngel Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I let myself faff about too much on Monday and Tuesday and didn't end up doing the run at all. :frown:

I got up early on Wednesday though, for no particular reason other than my OH woke me up as he got up. After he went out to work, I still had another hour and a half before I had to leave. I know that normally I'd just sit around and look on my pc and generally waste time, so without giving myself time to change my mind, I got into my workout clothes and got myself out on my run :happy:

It was so nice to know that when I got back in from work that evening I wouldn't have to fight against my "I just want to relax" habit. I felt really good with myself all day too and seemed to have lots more energy.

In fact, I felt so good on Wed, that I've done the same again this morning, with the difference being that I planned it this time so got out of the house slightly earlier. I'm not particularly having trouble losing all my breath while I'm running, but I have been having pain in the front of my legs (I think it might be shin splints but that might be a more serious thing?). I'm happy to report that it seems to be happening less, and today was even better than Wed.

I'm going to try to fit in day 3 over the weekend, then start week 4 on Monday morning.
  • QueenB985
    QueenB985 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Completed W3D1 this morning! The second 3min interval was really tough because my ankle started hurting but I pushed through and I'm so glad I did! On to W3D2!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Coolhand1969
    Coolhand1969 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Also completed W3D1 this morning. Threw in an extra 5 minute run at the end, too. w00t!
  • lelasutt
    lelasutt Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I finished Week 3 this morning. I'm so proud of myself for finishing. I was very scared of the 3 minute runs, but i did it. On to week 4. I'm a nervous of the 5 minute runs. I'm also starting a 4 week bootcamp next week. So we'll just have to see how that all works together.

7820655.png
  • nermal6873
    nermal6873 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Starting week 3 tomorrow and am really nervous about the 3 minute runs! But, I'm confident that I can do it :)
  • GMC_81
    GMC_81 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    You can do this!!!
    Hope it goes well for you!
  • HanPatty
    HanPatty Posts: 21
    Options
    I am starting week 3 tonight and I must admit I am looking forward to the challenge but a little danted by it.
  • fourluvbugs
    Options
    I am starting week 3 tonight and I must admit I am looking forward to the challenge but a little danted by it.

You can do it! I think you'll surprise yourself. Be sure to come back and let us know how it went for you.
  • Coolhand1969
    Coolhand1969 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    My last wk 3 run is coming up in a couple of hours... I'm crossing my fingers..
  • nermal6873
    nermal6873 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Went really well today! I use the runkeeper app to see how far I go and what my pace is (just because) and was surprised that my overall pace was under a 9 minute mile! I thought to myself "this can't be right!" Well, when I looked at the breakdown, it said I did my 5 minute warm up walk at a 4 minute mile pace! So, pretty sure something screwed up there! I'm trying to be extra careful to go slow on the 3 minute runs so I don't overdo it, and it went great.

One of the houses I ran past had their dog out front, who proceeded to chase me. I stopped and yelled "no!" in a deep voice, which stopped the dog. This is the second time this has happened (both different houses). He was friendly, but it still drives me nuts! Keep your dog in the house or on a leash!
  • HanPatty
    HanPatty Posts: 21
    Options
    Thanks! It did go really well. Once I had done the first 3 minutes I knew I could do it and now I feel really great I finished properly.