Level 1

Options

Replies

• singitella
    Options
    Hmmm. Wondering if I should do a P90X workout in between days (focusing on whatever part isn't screaming sore). I mean, I payed enough for the dang thing! :P It seems like doing the same thing for 10 days doesn't leave enough time for muscles to heal/build. I just don't want to lose momentum on the 30 day thing. I get easily distracted.
  • jpfaff2
    jpfaff2 Posts: 17
    Options
    I did level 1, day 1, on Monday. I didn't feel bad at all after, and even yesterday when I woke up, my muscles only felt fatigued. But I have to admit that as the day went on, I started to stiffen up. I didn't do any exercise last night, and I am incredibly sore this morning. I know I need to push through this, but right now I am in so much pain that it hurts to go up and down stairs! Anyone have any suggestions or experience with this?
  • maranatha777
    Options
    I started on Monday of this week. My plan is to do 30DS Monday, Wednesday, and Friday in conjunction with my Turbofire 6 days a week. I am still feeling the workout from 30DS today :) I like that feeling because I know that I worked hard! It looked easy until I tried it though, Lol! Doing it again today!
  • maranatha777
    Options
    I did level 1, day 1, on Monday. I didn't feel bad at all after, and even yesterday when I woke up, my muscles only felt fatigued. But I have to admit that as the day went on, I started to stiffen up. I didn't do any exercise last night, and I am incredibly sore this morning. I know I need to push through this, but right now I am in so much pain that it hurts to go up and down stairs! Anyone have any suggestions or experience with this?

I would make sure to stretch and warm up your muscles really good before doing any lifting. You need to drink more water too. If this doesn't work I would rest a couple days and then if still isn't helping go see the doctor.
  • MandyMcAwesome
    MandyMcAwesome Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Alright gang. I am doing the 2 day 30ds, 1 day cardio repeat and rest schedule. I think it's cool that we can all try this in a different way and get results.

I started this last night. I gotta say, for a 20-25 min workout, it kicked my tail! I did modify some of the jumping jacks to prevent knee injury and when I was done, I looked ROUGH. I couldnt feel my legs. I HAD NO LEGS! I did make sure to take some extra time to stretch and took my dogs on a walk to work some of it out.

Today I feel sore but in the best way. Like I'm a bad-*kitten* recovering from a barfight good. I am glad I decided to do this and I am glad to be on this group!!
  • jaimemariel
    jaimemariel Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Good to take extra time to stretch! What is built into the DVD is not nearly enough. I end up feeling very sore and tight afterwards if I don't take additional time to stretch.
  • jpfaff2
    jpfaff2 Posts: 17
    Options
    OK, I pushed through the pain and did it! My second day of Level 1, and I am glad I did! I am still trying to figure out what my schedule will be - typically, the amount of time I can devote to exercise depends on how crazy the night with the kids gets. Plus school work myself. I am not used to taking classes and can't let myself forget I need to stay on top of those too! :smile: I am tracking it on my calendar too just to make sure that I don't lose track of how many days on each level I have under my belt!
  • Meloonie
    Meloonie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I did day one yesterday and I'm actually feeling ok. I think because the workouts I have been doing are quite similar so I think that has helped. I did take 2 little 5 second breaks though as well. Day 2 today, so lets see how I feel after that one!
  • singitella
    Options
    Day 3 of Level 1:

Yesterday, I told myself I'd take a rest day since I did day 1 and 2 back to back. Then, I got out the stair stepper and did 30 minutes of that. Today, I told myself I'd take a rest day because I could barely walk when I tumbled out of bed this morning. Then, after dropping the kids off at school and getting a vehicle inspection, I just pushed play for 30DS day 3. :D

I hope this momentum keeps up! I can't stop working out!
  • Tatyanne
    Tatyanne Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Today was my D07L01.
    After D01 my arm muscles were killing me, cause i have weak arms...or i used to have :bigsmile:
    I'm now able to do all the arm exercises, with no adaptation, although the last exercise kills me, having to lift the weghts to the front until eye level :ohwell:

I do some exercises like Natalie, actually only the push ups I don't.

I do notice I'm a lot more stronger :blushing:

Keep going you all :flowerforyou:

Kisses,
    Tatyanne
  • BeachGurl815
    BeachGurl815 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I did my first day today. It was hard but I pushed through. My dvd froze at the end of the warmup-I was not happy. I took it out and put it back in-then it worked fine for the rest of the workout. I had to take a few short pauses. I'll be back at it tomorrow.
  • MandyMcAwesome
    MandyMcAwesome Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Day 2 went well. Less breaks but just as much sweat and cussing. I do feel pretty awesome after, like I really acomplished something. Hooray for us!!
  • HoosierMomma1
    HoosierMomma1 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day 4 I haven't been really sore but my legs feel really heavy all day. I think I need more stretching and cool down.

I did 30 min high intensity interval on the elliptical yesterday Instead of shred and will probably take a res day tomorrow before I hit it hard this weekend.
    Theresa
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was level 1 day 4 for me. My muscles aren't crying as much while I workout, though I still have to take it easy on the knees. I find myself really wanting to do the jumping jacks Jillian's way, rather than my doc's way (bad knee injuries), but I listen to my doc on that one. I can definitely feel my endurance getting stronger. Those bloody shoulder raises are still killing me, though!

Today is another level 1 day. Tomorrow I'll be doing my light cardio day- walking. Sunday is a full rest day. Back to level 1 Monday. Maybe level 2 by next Wednesday. Maybe.
  • singitella
    Options
    Day 4 of Level 1:

It went well. I upped my weight to 8 on some of the moves (not lateral raises!) and did some different cardio moves for variety. Apparently, I'm completely bonkers, though, because later in the day I decided to start Killer Buns & Thighs Level 1. Ooch! I will be sure to take Alleve before bed tonight and drink lots of water!
  • ctychick
    ctychick Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Level 1, Day 2 today.

Are you guys drinking water during the workout? I'm trying to get a sip in here and there, but I then end up missing a rep of whatever they are doing. Not a big deal at all, but I'm wondering what everyone else is doing.
  • ThreesCompanee
    Options
    (L1D1)

Started today! I thought it was hard. But I kept on pushing myself. My arms were really sore after. I am looking forward to tomorrow's workout.
  • ctychick
    ctychick Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Level 1, Day 3

It's getting easier, but I still hate it! LOL! I muted the dvd and played my own music this time. Definitely much better that way if you already know the moves. I wish they would offer an option for voice-only. They offer music-only, so I'm sure they can do it the other way around.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Just did level 1 for the first time today. I as very nervous, but it wasn't too bad. The first circuit was tough, but the second two got easier. I think I just needed to warm up. I'm used to doing an hour of tae bo, so it wasn't too much different...just a lot quicker, which I LOVE. My arms will definately be sore tomorrow though!!
  • ColleenMachine
    Options
    I was in the same boat. I did my first day today and I was ready to drop by the end of circuit 1. I had to keep telling myself, "Just one more section, I'll just do the abs part and then I'll stop" and then "I'll just do the cardio and then I'll stop", etc. Pushing myself through just a couple more minutes at a time got me through all three circuits, although by the time the cooldown came around all I wanted to do was lay on the mat!

I'm wondering if anyone has tried warming up and stretching with some yoga before/after their 30DS workouts? I was thinking that yoga would be a good way to stretch out and prepare, and then to cool down again. Just doing a downward dog or an extended child's pose would serve as good stretches for those lunges and side bends.