3rd Trimester

Options

Replies

• kmreynolds11
    kmreynolds11 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely going to check out the "Pregnant and I Know It!" video tonight when I get home (don't want to look up that one on the work computer!) :laugh:

Quick Monday checkin - read through your ladies posts... sounds like everyone's busy and has some good stuff going on! Keep up the good work, mamas!

I had a busy, busy weekend. Had a great trip home to NY to visit the family and they threw an awesome & fun baby shower for me. :wink: I got so much stuff... I couldn't fit it all in my car to bring back to Baltimore! Seriously... I think between the new goodies and the hand-me-downs we've received, we will be pretty set up. I still need a few small items (diaper bag, crib mattress pads, sheets) and then a breast pump. NOW... I need to start organizing the room. For the past 3 months, the "baby room" has been just a mess of boxes and random baby stuff I've thrown in there. I need to get to the store to buy some types of bins/closet organizers.... and then I'll be able to start washing clothes and putting away things in the closet. Ugh... lots of stuff to do!

Speaking of stuff... what do you do with things you receive that you don't really need? I mean - I think I got about 20 heavier blankets this weekend. Some are beautiful homemade quilts and baby blankets (keep those!!!!), but then it seemed like everyone had a blanket of some kind in their gift. I want to be able to return a few of the ones I know we'll never use (even if I had triplets I wouldn't need this many blankets!) and then use the money to buy the other items i still need. If the gift receipts weren't included with the gifts and I don't know where they were bought... what do you suggest I do???

Have a great week!!!!! :flowerforyou: :glasses:

Kristi
    31 weeks today
    (+19 lbs)
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options

Speaking of stuff... what do you do with things you receive that you don't really need? I mean - I think I got about 20 heavier blankets this weekend. Some are beautiful homemade quilts and baby blankets (keep those!!!!), but then it seemed like everyone had a blanket of some kind in their gift. I want to be able to return a few of the ones I know we'll never use (even if I had triplets I wouldn't need this many blankets!) and then use the money to buy the other items i still need. If the gift receipts weren't included with the gifts and I don't know where they were bought... what do you suggest I do???

Kristi...I would try Target, Walmart, and Babies R Us...a lots of times they're from one of those! :) Just go in and tell them you didn't get a gift receipt but are pretty sure it's from there. I did that with some of my stuff last time...and I think most of it was from Target. Good luck!
  • svgarcia
    svgarcia Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Sorry dbl post
  • svgarcia
    Options
    Kristin- - this is what I did. All the things i didnt need frm my shower i leave it in my car. Went to Walmart Target sears smart etc..I browse the store looking to see if they have that save exact item. If they did, I go back to the car and then go to cust svc and tell them I got it frm my shower and wnna Exchange. All of them have asked if I got a gift receipt. I told them no. So they would give u thecurrent selling price. Smart gives the lowest price that was sold within the last 12 wks. I had 2 bath tub and went to return to smart cuz I saw it there for 20.99 and I only got 10.99 credit cuz that's the lowest it was sold within the last 12 wks. But it was ok cuz I didn't need 2 bath tub. I rather have the $10 and buy something I needed.
    I still have few more items to return. I had a lot of carter clothes and macy, Sears, and carter took it. I took the credit on the gift card so I can shop later when baby gets older since I'm set as far as clothing . I have enough clothes for now 0-6 months.

Kelley- welcome to the 3rd tri.

I got a moby wrap at a kids consignment place that is in excellent condition with instruction booklet color blk for $26. I was so happy.

Went to my Chk up on wed and I've gained 5 lbs in 1 wk. But my nurse practitioner thinks I'm retaining water cuz I was a bit swollen. 30 lbs total gained so far. I was 2.5 cm dilated and about 70% effaced. Was having braxton hicks last nite. I was an emotional wreck. Told my husband I'm not ready yet. 1- because its our first girl after 3 boys. 2- I still need to wash all her stuffs. 3- I still an armoir for her clothes and things, 4- my mother in law has to still Exchange the playpen she got me. 5- we don't hve a name we agree yet. Ugh!

Kristi- glad u had a nice time with family in NY.
    Kristin- u r so close.

Did Rachel and heather have their little one yet??

Amanda- u totally scored on ur stroller. ;)

I'm officially on maternity leave as of today. Yay! I hope to get a lot of things done around the house.

-Sharon
    37 wks 3 days
    (+30)
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Just ordered my Moby Wrap! SO excited!!! :)
  • Fitnurse27
    Fitnurse27 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm still here. :happy: My doctor just came back to town and I had an appointment today. I had him strip my membranes. He said I'm 1cm dilated. (That's farther than I have ever dilated ahead of time and this is my 4th pregnancy.) He also did a quick ultrasound to double check and make sure the head was down. It is down. I'm really hoping this will work like it did with my son and I will wake up in labor in the morning. I'm ready to have a baby and be off work while my kids are on spring break!
    I went for a 45 minute walk this morning. Then after he stripped my membranes I went to the grocery store and stocked up. I made sure to push the heavy loaded cart and my 8 yo daughter stood on it to give me a little extra to push. If that doesn't put me in labor, I'm not sure what will...:laugh:

I'm praying for a safe delivery and a healthy baby. I would love to have it tomorrow, but I will try not to be too disappointed if I don't have it until after my due date. :) I hope everyone has a nice day. I might try and take a nap while my son is down for his. I might need my energy.

Rachel~39w4d
  • DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Went to my Chk up on wed and I've gained 5 lbs in 1 wk. But my nurse practitioner thinks I'm retaining water cuz I was a bit swollen. 30 lbs total gained so far. I was 2.5 cm dilated and about 70% effaced. Was having braxton hicks last nite. I was an emotional wreck. Told my husband I'm not ready yet. 1- because its our first girl after 3 boys. 2- I still need to wash all her stuffs. 3- I still an armoir for her clothes and things, 4- my mother in law has to still Exchange the playpen she got me. 5- we don't hve a name we agree yet. Ugh!

I'm officially on maternity leave as of today. Yay! I hope to get a lot of things done around the house.

-Sharon
    37 wks 3 days
    (+30)

Sharon,

My weight gain was ALL done in my last month!! I would gain 4 & 5 lbs within days (I was going to the dr twice a week) but after having the baby. Continuing to eat right & nursing- as of today (my son is 3 wks old) I am now down 40 + lbs. I have passed my pre pregnancy weight!! You are right it is water retention and with time that will come off too....

Congrats on your baby girl and don't worry about being an emotional wreck. I think it's a combo of everything- I know it was for me. You'll do great :wink:
  • 9Honey16
    9Honey16 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! So I hit the 28 week mark yesterday and am excited to join all of you here in the third tri! Had a dr. appointment this morning and everything was looking good, and I passed the 3hr glucose so that was music to my ears! She gave me a lot of info today about choosing a pediatrician, hospital registration, kick counts and classes- so lots to add to the to do list! My doula had sent me a "birth preferences" worksheet to discuss with my doctor and unfortunately that didn't go as well as I'd hoped. :( Kristi--kind of similar to what your initial l&d discussion with dr sounded like. My dr knew about our doula and my wishes for a nucb from the first visit and seemed pretty open about it, but when it gets down to the nitty gritty there was alot of no, no, no....So I'm feeling slightly frustrated but trying to stay focused on the big picture and not let it get me down! Yikes, didn't mean to ramble on about that! Just wanted to say hi and check in real quick- gonna read up on your posts and pop back in later :)
    Hope everyone's having a great Monday!
    Goals:
    - Alternate cardio/strength & pilates Dvd's mon-fri
    -Watch that sweet tooth and sub fruits when craving :)
    -Eat more fiber!
    - Organize that baby to do list
    Jane
    28wk1d
    (+11)
  • kmreynolds11
    Options
    Finally… a little time to write back and comment!

FYI – That “I’m pregnant and I know it” video was funny, but kinda disturbing. I don’t know what teenage boys would ever decide to make a home music video about being pregnant. Pretty weird stuff!

Thanks for all the input about taking back some of this excess stuff! I think I’ll try to return some of the stuff (to get store credit where I can for stuff we still need), keep some stuff with tags still on just in case I end up needing it, and then maybe donate some.

Sharon – Great deal on the Moby wrap!!!! Don’t worry about the weight gain at this point… who knows what your body is doing during those last few weeks before delivery. And, just as Denise, said I think you’ll lose that water weight pretty quickly after you have the baby. We’re all emotional wrecks! Don’t worry – you only have a few weeks left!!!! Besides… now that you’re on maternity leave (YAY!), you’ll have more time to relax and get things done that are still stressing you out.

Kristin – Happy Moby Wrapping!

Rachel – I laughed out-loud reading about your labor-inducing efforts. Hope they work and you have a happy, healthy baby soon! I’m so impressed that you’re still out going for 45 min walks… I really hope I’ll be able to stay active right up to D-day. You are my heroine!

Denise – I LOVE the new picture of ‘lil J! Oh my – what a cutie!

Welcome to the 3rd Tri, Jane! Glad to hear about the glucose screening results, but sorry that your discussion with your doctor didn’t go as well as you had hoped. Believe me, I feel your frustration! However, take a few deep breaths… think about your “ideal” delivery and then think more about your talk with the dr. For me, it helped to ask a lot of “Why” questions when the dr. wasn’t as open to what I had hoped or seemed to be pushing certain procedures that I wasn’t sure I wanted. There were some things we were able to compromise on (for example: I’ll have a heparin lock, but don’t want any IV or medication unless I ask for it or there’s an emergency situation) and other things I now better understand the risks and reasoning behind why the dr. is concerned and through understanding feel more comfortable with (for example: once my water breaks, I won’t be able to walk around because of the risk of a cord prolapse). If there are still things that you and your dr. can’t seem to compromise on AND you don’t accept the dr.’s reasoning for why it has to be a certain way… start researching alternatives now! If I didn’t find a way to work out my concerns through talking more with my dr. and visiting the hospital, I was definitely going to research and try to find a midwife or alternative birthing center! At least by having discussions about these details and concerns now, you will have the time to get comfortable with the ideas about labor & delivery and visualize a more realistic experience that works for us and the doctors… OR work out an alternative plan. Good luck… let me know how things go!

:smile:
  • kelley_m
    kelley_m Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Amanda - Hope you are having a great trip and enjoying the mountain air.
    Glad the pop on your side appears to be nothing.

Kristin - wow you got lots done and all with a toddler around...i am impressed. I completely understand about being anxious having two babies at the sametime. Today I was hanging with some moms in a moms group I joined and got some reassuring advice. I had planned on having someone come help in the mornig after I had the baby so my son could kind of maintain the routine I have him in and she said that's one thing she wished she had done. Not necessarily hire someone but have friends or family come by to help her older child ( like take her to the park or a playgroup) that way she didn't feel like this new baby took away all the fun. I am not sure that's something you can put into action but it's worth a try if you can. Either way, I am sure your momma insticts will kickin and you will do great with both kids. I know it will take a while to get into a groove but you will figure it out...hang in there.

Kristi - so glad you had a awesome trip home and a great baby shower. As for returning items, sometimes stores will take back items if they sell them at all. What I did when I took things back to Babies R US I took things I thought might be there merchandise and asked if I could return it...I also did the samething at Target. YOu could hold onto the items for someone else who has a baby shower and regift, I did that for some items. Or you can try to sell the items online. It can be fustrating but there are ways.

Rachel - here's hoping you have a baby this week.

AFM - pretty low key weekend...finally got the hubs to do a little bit more painting in the nursery.
    Other than that I got my 3 mile walk/run in yesterday and hoping to get another 3 at least 3 more times this week.
    Have been doing pretty good on food, having lots of fruit and veggies already cut up in the fridge makes decision making a little easier. So far my little one has been very active, more active then I remember my son being...even as I type baby is moving around in my tummy...very active at night and in the am not so much during the day but that may be because my son is so active the baby spend most of its time listening to him...lol...
    Anyway, going to be a busy week workwise and on Thursday I have my 28 wk ck up and picking up a swing that goes front to back and side to side...something that I have been looking for and couldn't find for below 70 but found it on a listserv for 50...yippy.
    Alright it's late going to head to bed. Hope you ladies have a great night.
    Will ck back tomorrow.

Kelley
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Kelley...that's a good idea having someone come help. I will still be having Kadence go to her in-home daycare two days a week...she loves it there with all her friends...and I have to pay for two days a week to keep her spot anyways. So that will help out a lot. My husband will drop her off in the mornings when he heads to work, and I will pick up in the afternoons (when it's nice out I can walk over with the baby to get her...it's two blocks away!) Also, my mom only works part-time and it's not consistent, so she will help me a lot! I know I will be okay, it's just scary sometimes to think about! :)

AFM...had another busy night...and I'm feeling it today! Hoping today is more slow-paced!

Have a wonderful day gals!

Kristin--37 weeks 6 days
  • taldie01
    taldie01 Posts: 378
    Options
    Welcome Jane!

Had an pretty laid back weekend. My sister came up but shes not very hands on, I was very irritable too. I dont like having to ask for help I prefer when people just jump in. Sadly my family isnt around that often so they dont know. My husband was out of town for 4 days on a bussiness trip to Florida so I was single parenting it with my daughter. The lil stinker wouldnt nap all wekend either. Just caring for her and doing everything else cooking some cleaning made me exhausted. Poor peanut. I upped my last day of work to April 5th, yipee cant wait! Its exciting and kind of sad too. Ive been trying to eat better this week as well, Im not really craving anything too bad which is great! About time :grumble: I bought a moby wrap too but have no idea how to use it, gonna look it up on you tube I guess. Just trying to get through these last few days of work.

Tara
    35 weeks
  • kelley_m
    Options
    Happy Hump day ladies,

Quiet in here.
    Kristin - yeah sounds like you have some good help on hand, which is nice. I so wish my mom lived close by I know she would love to spend more time with my son and if this one is a girl she will be in heaven...lol. So glad you have it worked out for the most part. Hope the pace has slowed for you a little.

Tara - my sister isn't hands on either and she has kids. Hopefully your husband is back in town and letting you get a little rest. Yippy on not working past April 5th...that's next week how awesome! I still haven't decided when I will stop...i only work 3 days a week but I am tempeted to stop as of June 1, but having the extra cash is nice. I know I will decrease my days to probably 2 ( one from home and one from the office) but still have my son's nanny come in 3 days so I can use the extra day to get things done around the house and to have me time before the little one comes. You will definitely find videos on how to tie a moby online...I have something similar and never used it with my first but going to try it with this baby as I foresee this baby being carried more than my son. Although lately all my son wants to do is be carried...lol.

AFM - was super busy at work yesterday and today even. Trying to wrap up some clients before the weekend so I don't have to work this weekend and I can get some stuff down in the yard. My hubby is taken the kids with his mom to DC on Sun, which means I can spend the day cleaning or not...but I have a serious urge to spring clean so I probably will use this weekend to organize my son's room and the kitchen one more time.
    Next dr's appt tomorrow and then I am supposed to go every 2 wks...but I am going to see if I can go every 3wks...i just hate having these drive by appts...I know they are supposed to make sure everything is normal but still.
    Oh...I was wondering does anyone wake up on their tummy...I fall asleep on my back sitting up or on my side and somehow in the middle of the night (especially if my son is in our bed which he has been lately - teething) I wake up rolled more on my tummy than on my back...I woke up today in a panic wondering if I could crush my child in utero...i will have to ask the doc. Alright well I am done rambling...
    Hope all you ladies are having a fantastic energy filled day.

Kelley
    28wks
  • Fitnurse27
    Fitnurse27 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Kelley~ I have woken up on my tummy multiple times. The baby should be well padded and protected in there.

AFM~ Tomorrow is my due date. Wouldn't it be nice if that meant the baby would be born for sure? :laugh: I agreed to work tomorrow if the baby isn't born. I hate using my paid time off without my baby being here to enjoy it. However, tomorrow is my last day for sure. Then I will keep up my twice a day walks and whatever else I can do to encourage this little one to come visit.

I asked my husband what he wanted for supper tonight, and he said hospital food....:laugh: That made me laugh!

Rachel~ 39w6d
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Good morning mommas!

Rachel...sending good baby vibes your way! Let's hope you go in today!!!

Kelley...I have not woken up on my tummy, but I agree with Rachel...you should be fine.

Tara...have you played with the Moby yet? I should be getting mine in the mail today...can't wait to try it!

AFM: Had my last check up yesterday. Baby's heart rate was in the 150s this week. Everything looks good! Went over the c-section plans a little. I go in at 6am next Wednesday and am scheduled at 8am. Should take 30-45 minutes depending on the amount of scar tissue. So, I'll have a new baby that morning! CRAZY!!!! Nervous and excited at the same time!

Hope you are all doing well! Have a great morning!

Kristin--38 weeks 1 day
  • kelley_m
    Options
    Rachel - Yeah that's what the doctor said...I was just worried...i don't remember ever trying to sleep on my tummy with my son...but the doc was like it's more likely I hurt the baby sleeping on my back and even then the body will send me warning signs to change position. The human body is an amazing thing... Really hope you pop today...I know in the end all you want it baby to be out...here's hoping today is the day...and wow look at you working on your due date and doing 2 walks a day...that baby sure is stubborn. LOL

Kristin - Only one more week...so the countdown begins...how exciting and nerve-wrecking at the same time...hopefully you will be able to enjoy these last few days of only having one.

AFM- I had a crazy busy morning, went to bed a little earlier than normal last night and was up by 5:30, so I got out of bed, started the laundry, did a small devotional time and by then the little one was up so we did breakfast then off to some ladies house to dig up some onions she was giving away. I am really trying to plant a garden this weekend. Side rant - I am so annoyed with my family, my sister said she would drive down to help but then calls today and says she can't make it because she is picking up an extra shift which I totally understand she needs the extra money, but I just hate when people disappoint and I just always feel like they want to come down but if anything else comes up then they ditch coming and do something else. I mean where is the "this is important to me" attitude...and I know everyone has there life to live and things going on but seriously they never just come to do nothing or hang out they always are like well what are we going to be doing...yet I go see them and end up sitting in the house all weekend...argh...ok...I am over it...just slightly annoyed about the whole situation.

Moving on, after a little digging I got the onions out and then off to my drive thru doc appt...where I only gained 3 lbs...Yippy...I am so happy the weight gain has slowed and I check the chart and am a whole 8lbs down from where I was at this stage with my son...so that's great...Then I got the doc to agree to me coming in in 2 3 wks increments rather than the standard every 2 weeks until I am 35 wks. Yeah...it was very nice to hear the baby's heart beat it sounded so close and amazingly strong. Then I picked up my baby swing, had breakfast and did a little grocery shopping all before 10:30am..lol...now at work...so should be pretty calm rest of the day.

I hope everyone is having a great day...one more day and the weekend will be here...Yippy
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options

I asked my husband what he wanted for supper tonight, and he said hospital food....:laugh: That made me laugh!

Rachel~ 39w6d

What a great answer!! :laugh:
    xFINGERS CROSSEDX
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Morning ladies!

Man! I am exhausted today! SO happy that it's Friday!

I got my Moby in the mail yesterday, and I must say it's going to take me a while to get it figured out! SO much material! :) Plus I'm super fat at the moment, so can't get it tied tight enough. Hope it works for me!

Wow...as I get closer and closer to c-day, my anxiety gets higher and higher. I'm dreading being away from Kadence for those few days I'm in the hospital (it will be the first time she's spent the night away from me). She'll be in good hands at my parents, but still..the thought of her being away from me makes me so sad! I know, I know...get over it, right? I'm sure it will all be fine. And it's not like she won't be coming to visit every day. I keep thinking...only a few more days of having just her...makes me cry...literally! I am so stinkin' hormonal! ANYways...I had dreams about water last night and was so terrified that it meant my water was going to break...luckily it didn't. I keep discussing with baby that he/she needs to wait until Wednesday...I have too much to do this weekend!

Well...I hope you are all well. I'm just going to try and get through the day...I already know it's going to be a long one!

Kristin--38 weeks, 2 days
  • kmreynolds11
    Options
    Hi Ladies! So happy it’s FRIDAY! :tongue:

Work has been super busy lately (which is why I’ve been MIA)… and I don’t think it will be slowing up any time soon. It looks like I’ll be working my butt off right up until Baby Quin shows up. It actually kind of stinks… at work I’m planning a project that’s scheduled in Hawaii this summer. Basically I “get” to do all the legwork and paperwork… and then, because I’ll be on Mat. Leave, someone else from my group will get to head out to Hawaii to execute everything! :grumble: I wish they had told me about this HI project BEFORE I decided to get pregnant! LOL. :laugh:

Finally have the time to catch up with you all…

KELLEY – My dr. okayed the every 3 week plan (instead of having to do a drive by every 2) and I’m glad! As long as everything’s progressing normally, that extra checkup seems pretty useless. Of course at 36 weeks they said I’d start going in weekly and they’ll do the Strep B test. Eek… hope that goes well! I don’t ever sleep on my tummy…. BUT… Even though I usually fall asleep on my side, I almost always wake up sleeping on my back! It scares me, because I definitely don’t want to hurt the little guy. I feel comfortable on my back, and just hope my body will tell me if it’s doing damage and I’ll naturally roll back to a side? Good luck with the spring cleaning this weekend! Enjoy the time sans kiddo and hubby.

RACHEL – How are you? Still hanging in there?! We’re thinking of you!

KRISTIN – Wow… your last checkup! That’s incredible. Good luck figuring out the Moby… lots of people love them, but it definitely seems pretty complicated!

AFM – Been doing pretty well. It’s nice to be busy, busy, busy… but it’s making time fly by and making it more difficult to get in the exercise and logging. However, seems like the weight gain has been slowing down lately and I’ve been hovering right around the 19-20 lb total gain mark at this point. In your experiences, how much weight is generally gained in the last tri? Some people say they gain the most during this last 3 mos; others say the hardly gain any more weight in the 3rd tri. Hmmm…

I have two goals for the weekend:

(1) Start organizing the baby room. I plan to go get some detergent to start washing N and 0-3mo clothes and am going shopping tonight or tomorrow for closet organizers, storage bins, and baskets to help get everything together.
    (2) Buy a dress to wear to my bro’s wedding next week in NC. :glasses:

Well… sounds like I’ve got some good shopping to do!!! Wishing you all a great weekend.

KRISTI :flowerforyou:
    31w4d
  • svgarcia
    Options
    Kristi-- Aww too bad someone else is going to Hawaii. Is it on oahu? That is where I'm frm.

Rachel-- how r u? Baby still hanging on??

Kelley-- sorry about ur sister. Ya I'd be disappointed too.

I went to my appt on wed. Loss 2 lbs yay. So only 28# gained so far. And to my surprise he said I'm only 1-1.5 cm dilated and still kind if solid. The last 2 wks my nurse practitioner chkd me and as of last wed she said I was 2.5 cm dilated....and about 70% effaced. Well I thought maybe cuz the Dr's fingers are fatter/bigger. Oh well it is what it is.

My hubby hopes i give birth on the 3rd cuz one of my sons bday is 8-2, the other is 2-4, and my oldest 2-5. I kind of think I will give birth 39 wks cuz my oldest was at 36 wks, my 2nd was at 37 and my ypungest was at 38 wks.

I'll be back later. Need to get my boys up for school.