Non scale victories (NSV)

Options

Replies

• Tina180130
    Tina180130 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    A good app to download is Jefit, its a weight lifting app that shows you tons of different exercises for each muscle group, and it shows you demonstrations. You can even set up your own workouts.

Thank you, I will take a look at this app :))
  • crystal84rose
    crystal84rose Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I am going to buy a new belt today. Not because my old one was too small or broken from strain but because it isn't doing its job anymore. That is the first time I've ever had to buy a new belt because it was too big!
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I am going to buy a new belt today. Not because my old one was too small or broken from strain but because it isn't doing its job anymore. That is the first time I've ever had to buy a new belt because it was too big!

Oh I just love it!
  • shanna0413
    shanna0413 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Still havent looked at the scale lol. And i walked/ jogged 3 miles this weekend in 37 minutes!! I took 10 minutes off my time!! I will admit the first time there was hills and the 2nd there wasny but I am still very excited! Anf i had a pair of jeanthat felt kinda loose yeasterday and were slipping down!
  • lisasdoinit
    lisasdoinit Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    So, since i"m shunning the scale for a few weeks (due to a panic inducing first week check in and gaining FIVE POUNDS!) and since my tummy is super bloated (and has been for about a week ) so all my clothes are too tight I have been desperate to find any kind of NSV possible.

A few days ago it was not having my usual "i really just need to sleep right now" moment in the middle of weigh lifting class. Getting down and up off the mat for the push ups between reps was not as difficult energy wise as it usual was so I was thrilled with that.

Yesterday my coffee boys (guys in the office who go for coffee 3-4 times a day) asked me if I wanted my usual and i said no thanks. They commented that for the past two weeks I've really cut back - and it's TRUE! Not because I thought to ..i just wasnt sleepy feeling all day so didn't "need" the coffee!! I guess this fueling your body with healthy stuff IS good for you! Who knew? ;)
  • Beauty0619
    Beauty0619 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I just started the Eat More Weigh Less method at the end of Feb and on March 1, I decided to take my measurements just to have a starting point:

Arms-13in. left, 13 in. right

Thighs-22.5in left, 22 right

Calves-15.5in left, 15 right

Waist-30.5in

Chest-33in

Bust-37in

Hips-38

Today (2 weeks later) I took my measurements again after increasing my daily food intake to 1800-2000 cals, decreasing cardio, and increasing weights:

Arms-12.5in left, 12.75in right

Thighs-21.75in left, 21.5in right

Calves-14in left, 14in right

Waist-29.5in

Chest-31.75in

Bust-36.75in

Hips-38in

For a total loss of 7.5 inches in just 15 days! :)

what does your decrease in cardio mean? running only for 40 minutes 2/3 times a day? what? and how much weight do you lift? This is all new to me. I am afraid of getting bulky and gaining weight back that i've lost....help! :-(

LOL, I was doing an hour of cardio everyday, now I dropped back to 20 minutes of cardio, unless I do a class. I only do 20 minutes of moderate cardio and then I lift the rest of the time. I do upper body and lower body on alternating days. My reps are 12x10x8x6x12-going from light to heavy with each set except the last set of 12, I drop back down. I work triceps, biceps, shoulders, back, chest, abs, upper legs, calves, all 2 exercises each. I do dumbbell workouts, bands, stability ball, stability dome, cables, machines and body weight exercises. A good app to download is Jefit, its a weight lifting app that shows you tons of different exercises for each muscle group, and it shows you demonstrations. You can even set up your own workouts.

ok!! this helped me out a lot!! thanks so much! didn't think about changing reps like that! thank you!! I am soooo sore now that I am lifting..yikes!! but that's a GREAT thing!!!!! thanks again!
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I DID A FULL- REAL- A** TO GRASS SQUAT!!!!!

I've gone from wheelchair full time, to part time, to electric scooter, to cane and now I'M FRIGGN SQUATTIN IN MY LIVING ROOM!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I know the only reason I can do this is from fueling myself. I am eating enough calories, protein for my new moosles and enough fat to lubricate my joints and ligaments. SO happy!!!! :D:D:D
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    I DID A FULL- REAL- A** TO GRASS SQUAT!!!!!

I've gone from wheelchair full time, to part time, to electric scooter, to cane and now I'M FRIGGN SQUATTIN IN MY LIVING ROOM!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I know the only reason I can do this is from fueling myself. I am eating enough calories, protein for my new moosles and enough fat to lubricate my joints and ligaments. SO happy!!!! :D:D:D

Yayaya uhuh uhuh uhuh...doing the happy dance with you!!!!
  • oonga
    oonga Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    wooohooo!!! YAYYYYYYY!! Brilliant news Gemiwing!!! *round of applause*
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    I saw someone from church I hadn't seen for a while and she went on about how much weight I lost.
  • oonga
    Options
    Hey i was thinking before ANewLucia, your new avator picture rocks!! Those arms are to die for!!!
    Also even though its such a small photo and a side shot, there are definitely some nice looking shapely abs happening!! :D
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Went shopping for pants (mine are falling off me! :D) and I haven't gone down a full size in pants yet- BUT I have gone down a full size in skirts!! :D

Good by 2xl and hullo 1x! Soon I'll be able to shop in regular stores- BRING IT AWN! :D:D:D
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    Hey i was thinking before ANewLucia, your new avator picture rocks!! Those arms are to die for!!!
    Also even though its such a small photo and a side shot, there are definitely some nice looking shapely abs happening!! :D

Thanks!:-)
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    Went shopping for pants (mine are falling off me! :D) and I haven't gone down a full size in pants yet- BUT I have gone down a full size in skirts!! :D

Good by 2xl and hullo 1x! Soon I'll be able to shop in regular stores- BRING IT AWN! :D:D:D

AND you lost another INCH!!! NICE!!!
  • MsTanya77
    MsTanya77 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I took my measurements again this morning and I have lost 5.25 inches since 3/15/12 and a total of 12.75 inches since 3/1/12. I upped my cals to 1800-2000 and cut back my cardio. I am now down to 28.75 inch waist! It works! I have done less cardio during the month of March than I ever have in my life. I had to renew my mind to embrace weight lifting and eating more as for years it has been preached to us that the only way to lose fat was to eat less and exercise more! That worked for me at first, but once I got closer to my goal weight, it stopped working completely. I am so excited at how I look now, more lean and tone and I don't have to spend 60 minutes a day doing cardio to achieve it!
  • PinkAndSparkle
    Options
    Yesterday I put on a pair of work pants that have always been tight. A few months ago I decided to stop wearing them because they were giving me the dreaded muffin top. However! Yesterday I put them on and they fit just right!
  • crudd123
    crudd123 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Last week at church a lady noticed I looked thinner! Now she wants to go walking with me every night starting next week! I've only lost 25 pounds but have been exercising and I think I have toned up! Someone finally noticed after 2 years!
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    I finally got back into a shirt that pulled so bad in front at just about the same weight as I am right now. I can't stress the importance of strength training. You may be heavier, but so much smaller at the same time!
  • oonga
    Options
    Woohoo!! how exciting!! thats the results you want!! :D
  • canroadrunner
    canroadrunner Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Background information: I carry my weight in my belly and normally I see NO change it in when I look but I did suspect it was getting a little smaller. I wear an underarmor type spandex shirt under my workout clothes when I workout outside right now because of the temperature. I'm currently getting ready for a Spartan Sprint so I do a lot of bodyweight exercises, pushing, pulling, jumping and hauling myself up and over things.

TODAY, FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME, my underarmor shirt did not roll up and over my belly like a venetian blind, even when I was crawling 20 feet on my belly (surprisingly more difficult than it looks).

Doing the happy dance (and my shirt is still staying down!)