Week 1 - CHALLENGERS

Options

Replies

• m00nflwr
    m00nflwr Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm using today as my "rest day" for the daily workouts.
    I had a cupping treatment done on my shoulders/back/neck yesterday and am really feeling the soreness today :(
    I'd never had it done before and while I do have an increased range of motion in my shoulders and much less tightness, I have bad bruising and it almost feels like a sunburn along with it being tender and sore.

My sugar addiction reared its ugly head today. We cannot have ice cream in the house. We just can't. Not easy for me to admit to myself or anyone else but I have got to realize this.

between the ice cream and the light exercise today, I went over my calories

I did have 12 cups of water! for the 2nd day in a row. Way more water than I usually drink.

and walked a mile towards my walking challenge.

76 cals burned (252/32500)
    20 mins (65/1950)

tomorrow it's all about the cals - eaten and burned!
  • cantobean
    cantobean Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Day 2 is done for me!

exercise challenge: check!
    water: 12 cup!
    under calories: check!
    miles: did my first workout of Bridge to 10k--about 4.5 miles.
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    Under calorie goal - check
    water - 14 glasses
    day #1 exercises complete (I'm behind already!!) :noway:

It rained here so I didnt walk to work today - and I have to pick up a birthday cake for a co-worker tomorrow morning - so I won't be able to walk tomorrow either!! Yikes!! hopefully the rest of the week isn't quite as hectic for me and I can catch up!!

Good night all - I'm TIRED!! :yawn:
  • shapestocome
    shapestocome Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Exercise Challenges - YES!
    Water- 9 cups
    Under calorie goal today - YES!
    Walking Challenge: 0 miles (rest day)
    Burned 507 calories: 32500-507= 31993 to go!
    Minutes 68: 1950-68 = 1882 to go!

Had a really long day today! I am going to bed so I can get up early and get some miles in :smile:

Great day everyone! You all are doing great!

Good Night!
    Dorie
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Day 2

Exercise Challenges - Yes
    Water 14 cups
    Under calorie goal - yes
    walking challenge - 2.5 miles so 6 done toward this week's 10
    calories burned - 505 + yesterday's 523 + 1028/32500

I was rather shocked at how much work those fire hydrants are! I thought that would be a piece of cake. My hips were screaming by the end! But I did it! :D

Having the team to report back to is definitely motivating for me! Thank you Teresa, for such an organized plan, and thank you ALL for the support and comaraderie!
  • smarce
    smarce Posts: 24
    Options
    Day 2
    Exercise challenge done!
    Water 13 cups
    Under calorie goal yes
    Miles 3

I am with everyone else about the fire hydrants..... They looked easy but felt the burn in my hips :-) also after 2 days of crunches i can feel it... Funny to say but its exciting because i can tell im doing something. The water component of this rocks too because i refuse to not get points from drinking enough water so im making myself drink them.

Thanks to everyone that has offered motivation and support, it definitely helps keep me going. I dont want to let my new friends down :-)
  • tbhoover
    tbhoover Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Day 2

Exercise Challenges - Done
    Water- 12 cups
    Under calorie goal today - Yup
    Walking Challenge: 2 = 4/130 = 126 remaining
    Calories Burned: 515 = 845/32500 = 31655 remaining
    Exercise Minutes : 58 = 112/1950 = 1838 remaining

Made it to the gym last night. I have been a member for the last 2 or 3 months and had never even been...lol yeah thats a wise way to spend my money! But had a good time and felt motivated. It was nice to do something besides my own treadmill and to get some strength training in. Feeling motivated and awesome about this challenge.
  • tbhoover
    Options
    Ok i was just checking all of todays exercises and I want to say I am not at all interested in the lower belly "roll over"! That looks like something only skinny people would do lol Im pretty sure my belly/boobs are gonna get in the way on that one. Cant wait!
  • Shelle68
    Shelle68 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Day 2 results

Exercise Challenges - Will be doing these tonight along with today's regimen.
    Water- 12 cups
    Under calorie goal today - YES!
    Walking Challenge: 6 today 12 total for the week.
    Burned 768 calories: 30969 to go!
    Minutes 65: 1825 to go!

I couldn't do the exercise yesterday due to my schedule but I will be doubling up tonight with them. This challenge IS a blessing! I LOVE recording everything. I think everyone is doing an amazing job!
  • cantobean
    cantobean Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    oh boy! just did the day 3 workout and although I am pretty good with ab stuff, that belly roll-over was just NOT happening! I went as far as I could. Definitely feeling those leg lifts, too! My legs/hips needed some good stretching exercises after my run last night.
  • shapestocome
    shapestocome Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Okay now I am intrigued, I have to go see what the belly rollovers are and what I have to look forward to for tonight lol!

I got my walk in this morning - 3 miles but I may do a couple more miles tonight when I get home from work!

Yes, I agree with everyone, this challenge is really motivating me to take it to another level - thanks again Teresa!

Dorie
  • tbhoover
    Options
    oh boy! just did the day 3 workout and although I am pretty good with ab stuff, that belly roll-over was just NOT happening! I went as far as I could. Definitely feeling those leg lifts, too! My legs/hips needed some good stretching exercises after my run last night.

LOL those roll overs were not happening. I tried really hard but I ended up mostly just doing the hip lifts again. I was having to like fling my legs over my head and it really wasnt working on the abs. I know I looked interesting trying to do that. The align hip lifts were pretty challenging. But I love that I just do a little bit of work each day with these challenges and I really feel them.
  • m00nflwr
    Options
    so far I've done day 1 and day 2 workouts (yesterday was my day off this week) and I must admit getting in all the reps/sets is a challenge for me! I was sweatin today! I guess that is the idea though, to challenge myself and push myself.
  • musky4
    musky4 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    day 1 and 2 are done (and recorded in google docs) --- am i to also post here ???

another question - is this the 'current' thread?
    lol
    thanks - and sorry for being such a pain
  • Roshams
    Roshams Posts: 77
    Options
    Sorry team, I didn't get my exercises done today :( Worked 2 hours late and now I'm studying for the rest of the night. (OK, at this very second I am procrastinating studying by posting this, but you know what I mean)

I walked to work, drank 12+ cups of water AND was under my calries though, so I'm thinking 3 out of 4 ain't bad??

I will make up for it tomorrow and do P90X kenpo ;)

Hope everyone is doing well??

I have decided to take one day a week where I will try a new heathly recipe, as I tend to get bored with eating healthy, and then I cheat! So far so good.

If anyone has any easy and healthy recipe ideas (red meat free, or vegitarian), please message me, I will try something new this weekend!!

GO CHALLENGERS GO!
  • m00nflwr
    Options
    yes musky this is the current thread :)

you can post here if you want but I think the spreadsheet pts are what you must do... but it's good for accountability and so we can cheer you on!
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    yes musky this is the current thread :)

you can post here if you want but I think the spreadsheet pts are what you must do... but it's good for accountability and so we can cheer you on!

PERFECT!! Thanks so much m00nflwr! I haven't had much of a chance to look at this thread today (until now). Sorry. Thanks for jumping in there and answer musky's question.

Reading your posts about those Lower Belly Roll Overs had me cracking up! :laugh: Literally!! I was sitting here cracking up!! I'm so glad everybody is "motivated" with this challenge.... we just have to make sure that we keep the momentum throughout the 13 weeks!! Personally, I can't wait for Saturday - WEIGH IN DAY to see how many pounds we are losing!!

Well, I'm off!! I have tonight off (from massage) so I'm going to go walk and start my C25K. Then come home to get caught up on those challenges, and hopefully get to bed EARLY tonight! :noway:
  • kackie
    kackie Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Good Evening, All!

Well I got ALL of my exercises done, walking and my other workout, drank ALLLLLLLLLLL that water and then when I read the posts about the Roll Over exercises, I thought WHHHHHHHHHHA?:huh:...... I did Day one exercises over again today based on reading (too quickly) the instructions under the Plank for day 1 saying to do them on day 1, 3 & 5. So...I THEN did the day 3 exercises. Certainly won't hurt me a bit to do some extra exercise!:noway:

I like the idea of sharing some good, healthy recipes here. I get bored too! And bored is not good for staying on track.

I noticed that the tricep dips I did today (mistakenly) sure made my arms sore, so that's a good sign. Anyone else noticing a newly sore area?

And this challenge is helping me say NO to a glass of wine with dinner. So far. At least if I can pass it up most of the time, that will be a help to losing those last few pounds I think. Have a good one, everyone. Glad to know you are all here! Kackie:heart:
  • Shelle68
    Shelle68 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Day 3 results

Exercise Challenges - I now need to make up 2 days worth Urghh!
    Water- 12 cups
    Under calorie goal today - Not this time... sorry everyone :(
    Walking Challenge: 0 today 12 total for the week.
    Burned 768 calories: 30969 to go!
    Minutes 65: 1825 to go!
  • m00nflwr
    Options
    Day 3 – 4/4

Exercise challenges – Yes (Week 1 Day 2)
    Water – 12 cups
    Under calorie goal – Yes!
    Walking Challenge: .75 mile (2.75 miles total)
    Burned: 479 cals (731/32500 total)
    Minutes: 100 mins (165/1950 total)