Week 1 - CHALLENGERS

Options

Replies

• shapestocome
    shapestocome Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    good morning challengers!

I am stuck at home today with no car so my plan is to try not to snack all day (too close to the kitchen today!), get some work done, and do some yoga and our exercises before my husband comes home from work. Once he gets home we'll walk the dogs and either I'll take a run with our puppy or we'll ride our bikes.

the food will be my challenge today.

m00nflwr -- How did you do being home with the kitchen today :)? I was home today too and that is my toughest time too. I had a lot of errands to do today and I went out for a 6 mile walk then kept busy around the house for the rest of the day so I did pretty good! I hope you made out good too!

Dorie
  • shapestocome
    shapestocome Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I know m00nflwr... my best bet would be to stay as absolutely busy as possible! Without busyness, I am sure to visit the kitchen more than I should.

As for me... I got all 3 day's workouts done this morning. All I have to do is the extra 2 miles which I will do after work today. Then I am caught up! I am so glad for that! My shoulder started giving me terrible pain which put me down for a few days. But a heating pad did wonders!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Way to go Shelle! Great job catching up! I hope your shoulder is doing okay!
    Dorie
  • kackie
    kackie Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Ahhh...the standing leg challenge...I stood on my right leg for 5 minutes and then finally put it down to answer the phone. I can say that this was the easiest challenge that I had today. I do yoga and have for a long time so I think that it prepared me for this! ,,,guess I'm as balanced as I will ever get.

Thanks for the answer about Sunday!
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    Kackie... You can weigh in on Sunday since you won't be home. That's fine. Have fun and have a safe trip!
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    Exercise challenges: YES!! (Wednesday's) I'm still behind - ugh!
    Under Calorie goal: YES!
    Water: 12 glasses

Got the new challenges finished and ready to go: YES! (hehe)
  • kackie
    kackie Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Oh...that little "he he" at the end is worrying me, Teresa:huh: :huh: :huh:
  • carriel1976
    carriel1976 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    The arm exercises kicked my butt today! I am so weak in that dept. My biggest success today was drinking 15 glasses of water! I think that is a record for me.
  • tbhoover
    tbhoover Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Day 3

Exercise Challenges - Done
    Water- 12 cups
    Under calorie goal today - Yup
    Walking Challenge: 3 = 7/130 = 123 remaining
    Calories Burned: 450 = 2089/32500 = 30411 remaining
    Exercise Minutes : 60 = 284/1950 = 1666 remaining
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Day Four
    Exercise Challenges - Not yet, but will get the walk in tomorrow! The rest is done.
    Water 12 cups
    Under calorie goal - yes, way under - gone all day
    walking challenge - none! :( I was working all afternoon/evening and it was COLD out today, so when I got home, I stayed in.
    calories burned - 454 today + 1288 = 1742/32500

For calories burned - I gave myself credit for one of my hours giving massage, using an online calculator specifically for massage. I couldn't figure out how to make my own exercise so just translated to something else that would give me the same amount of calories - therefore my diary says 45 minutes of general aerobics rather than 1 hour of massage. I did three hours of massage (senior clients, so half hours), walking from building to building in between clients in this humongous senior living facility, helping clients on/off table - it's a WORK work day. But it's EVERY Thursday now, and a thrilling opportunity to get back into a senior facility, and I again get to work with several with Alzheimers, whom I really enjoy! I enjoy my lucid clients, too. :laugh:

Tomorrow I have to start making up for the walking I didn't do today. Balance challenge - baaaaaad :blushing: I can't hold 30 seconds on either foot!
  • Shelle68
    Shelle68 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I had some extra time at work today (waiting around for parents to stop in for conferences) so I did today's challenge exercises and most of tomorrow's! Those "leg raise and hold" things are way harder than they look! I could barely hold for 20 seconds!

Also, I did the balance challenge and I was able to stay on one leg for 90 seconds. Might try it again on a mat and see if I can go longer.

How's everyone doing on their challenge exercises today?

I am assuming you are a teacher and it was parent-teacher conference day. Where in the world did you do the exercises between meetings? lol
  • Shelle68
    Options
    Day 4:

Exercise Challenges - no
    Water- 8 cups
    Under calorie goal today - no
    Walking Challenge: 0 (rest day)
    Burned 0 (1136/32500)
    Minutes 0 (213/1950)

Felt back to normal today until the afternoon. Right as I was changing in to my running clothes, I had to run to the bathroom. Ughh! I really miss my exercise. Tues/Thurs are my running days! I'm hoping to catch up this weekend. Sniff, sniff. :cry:

Kelly

Take care of you, Kelly. It is important to listen to our bodies vs pushing through all of the time. I am feeling strange things in my body too. If I am coming down with something I will be taking my own advice. Don't stress it! :)
  • Shelle68
    Options
    4/5 Day 4

Exercise Challenges - YES!
    Water- 10 cups
    Under calorie goal today - YES!
    Walking Challenge: 6 miles
    Burned 607 calories: 1492/32500
    Minutes 90: 205/1950

Kelly -- I hope you feel better soon! That stinks!

I did the balance on one leg challenge and I was able to stay up for 5 min and 15 sec! OMG -- My leg muscles were burning!

I am worried some about Easter Sunday -- my mom is having brunch and then going to in-laws for dinner. Plus lent is over on Sunday and I gave up peanut butter (my favorite food) and I am counting down the days to eat all things peanut butter lol!

Be safe everyone on your travels for the holiday!

Dorie

I hear ya! I am right there with you! All I can do is offer a sympathetic hug. lol!
  • Shelle68
    Options
    Day 4 results 4-5-12

Exercise Challenges - Done! and then some!
    Water- 12 cups
    Under calorie goal today - Yes, but barely dang PMS!
    Walking Challenge: 2 miles - 14 total for the week.
    Burned 504 calories: 30405 to go!
    Minutes 45: 1780 to go!

This was a very tough day for me. tom isn't due till 18th and I have been pms'ing since the 1st! With having Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatique Syndrome, my PMS is incredibly debilitating. ANYTHING that I get accomplished is a victory. And as a minister I have 3 Good Friday services to do today and 3 on Easter Sunday. Please remember me in your prayers! I will make it through! Just seems a whole lot harder than it should be. But that is what challenges are for!!!
  • m00nflwr
    m00nflwr Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    yesterday was not a good day for me & the challenge

Day 4 – 4/5
    Exercise challenges – No
    Water – 8 cups
    Under calorie goal – No
    Walking Challenge: 0 (2.75 miles total)
    Burned: 0 (731/32500 total)
    Minutes: 0 (165/1950 total)

today will be better!
  • cantobean
    cantobean Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I had some extra time at work today (waiting around for parents to stop in for conferences) so I did today's challenge exercises and most of tomorrow's! Those "leg raise and hold" things are way harder than they look! I could barely hold for 20 seconds!

Also, I did the balance challenge and I was able to stay on one leg for 90 seconds. Might try it again on a mat and see if I can go longer.

I am assuming you are a teacher and it was parent-teacher conference day. Where in the world did you do the exercises between meetings? lol

Hehe, um, on the floor of my classroom...
  • tbhoover
    Options
    Weigh in tomorrow! Please Lord help me see a loss!
  • Shelle68
    Options

How funny!!! I can't imagine walking in and seeing a teacher doing that! LOL!
  • tbhoover
    Options
    Im not interested in the leg raise hold exercise at all LOL I have the weakest abs but....i will survive...i will do it...just might be 3 minutes of 30 second holds
  • musky4
    musky4 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    @carrie1976 - NO KIDDING - way too hard on wrists to do TOO many of the tricep curls !!
  • cantobean
    cantobean Posts: 287 Member
    Options

How funny!!! I can't imagine walking in and seeing a teacher doing that! LOL!

Ha, thankfully, nobody actually caught me doing it. I can always hear people walking down the hallway and was able to make myself presentable. :) I did once have a student walk in during my lunch time when I was doing some exercises on the floor and just jumped up when she came in. I wonder what she thought I was doing...hahaha.