Progress !

Options
Char_marcus
Char_marcus Posts: 141 Member
Thought i'd start this topic off,

Today I completed week 1 of c25k, and it felt good, my 5 yr old came with me as it's the school hols and having to slow down for him to keep up with me, helped me focus on my breathing technique, which helped a lot and I am looking forward to starting week 2 on friday

Replies

• Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Thought i'd start this topic off,

Today I completed week 1 of c25k, and it felt good, my 5 yr old came with me as it's the school hols and having to slow down for him to keep up with me, helped me focus on my breathing technique, which helped a lot and I am looking forward to starting week 2 on friday

I tried to reply to this once but my computer biffed - hopefully there won't be a double post. ;)

You're our pack leader, it appears! Thanks for blazing the trail ahead of us. Hope your son enjoyed the run too... maybe this will set healthy habits for him as well. :) Congrats on completing week 1. :)
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Hello and happy Wednesday! This group is the main reason why I got my workout in already. Knowing I am accountable to report in made me prioritize the exercise. Also, the Wednesday quote shared on the other thread was a great motivator. THANKS!!

I did W1D2 on the treadmill instead of outside.. While I tend to prefer the outdoors, I like that the treadmill can control my speed, and I pushed myself. Love the endorphins!!
  • Char_marcus
    Options

I tried to reply to this once but my computer biffed - hopefully there won't be a double post. ;)

You're our pack leader, it appears! Thanks for blazing the trail ahead of us. Hope your son enjoyed the run too... maybe this will set healthy habits for him as well. :) Congrats on completing week 1. :)

poor little soul was shattered bless him, he told me he is bringing his scooter next time so he can keep up.
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Finished week2 day3 of c25k and then starting week 3. That week kicked my butt last time. Then i just stopped. So this time im going to finish it. I might have to repeat a week if needed.
  • amammaa4
    amammaa4 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies. I just finished week 2 day 2. I actually enjoyed it and I forgot my headphones.... Thought it was goig to be a long half hour.
    This is my typical work out week:
    Sunday: Zumba 60 minutes 20 min leg work out and 10 min of tricep workouts
    Monday: C25K 30 minutes, elliptical 30 minutes, 6 min ab work out, 10 min biceps
    Tuesday: 30-45 min on elliptical. Legs and chest
    Wednesday: C25K 30 min and elliptical 30 min, abs and back
    Thursday: Zumba 60 minutes,legs and chest
    Friday: C25K 30 min, elliptical 30 min, abs
    Saturday My rest day :)
    I also started doing 25 jumping jacks,10 burpees,10 mountain climbers and 5 starbursts nightly with the little girls.
    What does everyone elses schedules like????
  • Char_marcus
    Options
    Just completed week 2 day 1, it was ok, but had my son trailing along with me, it will probably kill me next time hehe, but the sun was shining and the smell of salty sea air all around is a great motivator
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Looks like we're moving right along! I completed week 1, day 3 today - had to use the treadmill because it was raining. I'm finding that the treadmill really helps me push myself though. I ran at 7.0 during the running intervals - which I'm sure I never do outside. :)

Feels great to have week 1 in the bag!!!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Did Week 2 Day 1 today - again on the treadmill. I'm pushing myself this time around. Did the walking intervals on 4.0 and the running intervals on 7.0. That's going at a pretty decent pace since my legs are on the short-ish side. :)

Also got in a nice walk in the sunshine. :) Looking forward to an "off" day tomorrow.
  • Char_marcus
    Options
    did week 2 day 2 today,
    started out on my manual treadmill as it's raining, but the slight gradient was hurting my calf muscles after the 5 min warm up walk, so luckily I have a large flat/apartment so I walked laps around my house and jogged laps. I have a long hallway so it's brilliant.
    I wore my HRM and I burnt roughly the same amount as I do on my usual outdoor route, so I don't care if it's raining weds i'll be outside .
  • amammaa4
    Options
    I start week 3 today. Does anyone else experience shin splints or heel pain? I have both. A Mom I know from baseball is a marathon runner so I picked her brain over the weekend. She said investing in a good pair of running shoes is the answer! She told me of a running store where they look at your feet and do other things to determine what shoe is best for you. The word "investing" is a bit scary. Wonder what those would cost. I'm sure totally worth it though. Hope everyone has a fabulous Monday! Happy Running or resting.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    did week 2 day 2 today,
    started out on my manual treadmill as it's raining, but the slight gradient was hurting my calf muscles after the 5 min warm up walk, so luckily I have a large flat/apartment so I walked laps around my house and jogged laps. I have a long hallway so it's brilliant.
    I wore my HRM and I burnt roughly the same amount as I do on my usual outdoor route, so I don't care if it's raining weds i'll be outside .

Brilliant!! :) Love your go-getter attitude. Nothing's gonna get in your way. :)
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    I start week 3 today. Does anyone else experience shin splints or heel pain? I have both. A Mom I know from baseball is a marathon runner so I picked her brain over the weekend. She said investing in a good pair of running shoes is the answer! She told me of a running store where they look at your feet and do other things to determine what shoe is best for you. The word "investing" is a bit scary. Wonder what those would cost. I'm sure totally worth it though. Hope everyone has a fabulous Monday! Happy Running or resting.

I haven't had either yet.... I have also heard that good running shoes make the difference. I bought some the first time i did this and could totally tell when they were wearing out - would have to replace them every so often (I want to say every 3 months?:) when I was running regularly. My feet were killing me after yesterday's run - so I think it may be time to replace again. I just go to Famous Footwear and get what's in my budget. Saucony is a brand that works well for me and I can usually find them for $50-$80. Post a pic of your new kicks when you get them? New shoes are adorable! ;)
  • Char_marcus
    Options
    i have slight shin pain but it goes away when my muscles warm up, it could just be a tight muscle, I am saving up for a good pair of running shoes as i know i need good arch support, my feet lean inwards (called overpronating) and wear out the inside of the shoe first, at the moment (touch wood) my sketchers are still doing me fine !!
  • alexsmith01
    alexsmith01 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Week 3 day 2 today :) I'm finding it challenging, but not tooooo challenging so will do one more and then attempt week 5 - bit nervous! More nervous about running for 25 minutes straight, even though it's not for ages though haha.

Luckily I haven't had any injuries, I'm a netball player most winters and I was seeing a personal trainer for a while last year, and she was so shocked I've never had an injury and don't get shin pain or anything haha I must have strong bones. Last year our netball team nearly halved due to injuries! So dangerous!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Great job ladies!! I think we may have lost some of our initial group... wonder how we can get them back?!

Ummm..... I need HELP getting motivated today! It's rainy and chilly and my bones ache. I keep thinking of how badly my feet hurt after my last trip on the treadmill. These are the EXCUSES that would normally talk me out of doing my workout. But not today. I'll find motivation somehow. i will. right? Right? ???
  • amammaa4
    Options
    Great job ladies!! I think we may have lost some of our initial group... wonder how we can get them back?!

Ummm..... I need HELP getting motivated today! It's rainy and chilly and my bones ache. I keep thinking of how badly my feet hurt after my last trip on the treadmill. These are the EXCUSES that would normally talk me out of doing my workout. But not today. I'll find motivation somehow. i will. right? Right? ???

You can do it absolutely! I feel you on the feet pain. It wont stop us though
    !44543483784508067_sr1Q4cIJ_b.jpg
    HOPE THIS HELPS
  • alexsmith01
    Options

You will find motivation! Google images of hot people running, and remember you are one of them now, and that's what you look like when you run (I have a picture of Miranda Kerr running on my Pinterest and she is such a babe, I pretend I look like her when I am running, when in reality I have epic pink-face).

Also think how amazing it is going to be once you can run for 30 minutes plus enjoyably!

What is wrong with your feet? Do you need new shoes?
  • LauraSchaller
    LauraSchaller Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hi Girls!

Sorry I haven't posted much lately - things have been crazy with the Easter Holiday and a HUGE meeting at work today! BUT! I got out there and did Week 2, Day 1 today on the treadmill at the gym and it felt AMAZING!! I still feel great - though definitely READY FOR BED - but I'm super excited. It feels like it's working and I can't wait to keep up the momentum.

Hope all of you are having a great week so far!

L :)
  • alexsmith01
    Options
    Hi Girls!

Sorry I haven't posted much lately - things have been crazy with the Easter Holiday and a HUGE meeting at work today! BUT! I got out there and did Week 2, Day 1 today on the treadmill at the gym and it felt AMAZING!! I still feel great - though definitely READY FOR BED - but I'm super excited. It feels like it's working and I can't wait to keep up the momentum.

Hope all of you are having a great week so far!

L :)

Haha I know what you mean! Usually we are busy at work during the winter and slow during the summer, but every three years we have heaps of additional work that goes through the summer, and this was one of those summers, so just heading into what should be the start of the busy period now, but we haven't had a not-busy time since around this time last year. Is not ideal, but getting out and doing some running or some yoga makes it better!

How did you find your first day of week 2?
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Hiya :) Thanks so much for the encouragement yesterday. I really appreciate it. I used your suggestions to get out and get moving and I did W2, D2, so only one more run of Week 2 for me! It was an outdoor run this time, and the hills and terrain definitely make for a different experience.

I'm so thankful for each of you. You keep me going. :):flowerforyou: