Introductions!

Options

Replies

• badmediakarma
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Bryanna and I love to read! I've been a reading fanatic since I was a kid when I would rather get books than toys! I don't have a specific genre, I am into a lot of things. My book club has exposed me to a lot of different things I normally would not have read, so I am totally open. Look forward to meeting all of you and getting to know you! :)
  • mld2003
    mld2003 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My name is Mary, I love to read. I just finished reading the first book in the Sword of Truth series. I read a lot of fantasy and science fiction. I also love books like Pride and Prejudice. I love books you just don't want to put down.
  • wenders123
    wenders123 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Wendy and love reading! Read most days when I go to bed. Just finished Stolen by Lesley Pearse ....
  • bamajes
    bamajes Posts: 24
    Options
    Hey all! I just stumbled across this group. Not only do I love to read. I work in the corporate offices of a major USA bookstore. I'm surrounded by freebies.
    I read just about anything that can hold my attention for more than a few chapters. Right now I have a 10 year old who reads at a 10th grade level so I have to "pre-read" alot of YA books for her. I also love Goodreads. It has turned me on to a lot of interesting titles.
  • cannker
    cannker Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Cindy and like everyone else here, I <3 reading! I tried to read a book a week last year, but ended up falling about 7 books short :( Of course, I'm trying again this year! I just finished Water for Elephants and The Girl who Kicked the Hornet's Nest, and am about to start the final book of the Maze Runner trilogy, The Death Cure. I am always open to suggestions, so please don't be shy!
  • 1kerriberri
    Options
    i love the janet evanovich books, they are freakin hilarious. like laugh out loud hilarious. you will actually lose weight from laughing, by jiggling that excess weight off........ they are kind of written in sequence ie the first one is called one for the money (i think) and then each consequent title has the next number in it and so on. you will fall in love with the characters, especially grandma mazur. but read for your self. its a very light read, and extremely funny...
  • JoJoDoerr
    JoJoDoerr Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Joyce and I live in sunny FLA. I have the best hubby in the world and because of him I can now enjoy some time of not having to go punch a time clock every day! I am made fun of often because my Kindle is with me everywhere I go. When I am home I am on the patio out back or curled on the couch with my Kindle. When we go out I assure you it is in my purse. My hubby is a musician and when I go out to gigs with him I end up reading at my table!!!

I like a wide variety of books and authors including: LOVE memoirs the most, then there is Jen Lancaster, Janet Evanovich, The Hunger Games series, etc. Always looking for suggestions as I never know what to by next!
  • Colettenp72
    Options
    Hi everyone, My Name is Colette and I live in Qld, Australia. I don't go anywhere without my kindle, sony e-reader and a paper back book in my handbag, you never know when the batteries will die on me.

I love the Janet Evanovich Series. If you like the stephanie plum series. You will like Kathleen Bacus and the Calamity series, very funny....
  • finchest
    finchest Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    hi, i'm susie and i love to read! i'm currently crushing myself under the weight of the gigantic mark twain autobiography.

DSC_0011-Mark-Twain-Autobiography-400x266.jpg

a little scared that it's only volume 1!
  • Mischief_Maiden
    Options
    hi, i'm susie and i love to read! i'm currently crushing myself under the weight of the gigantic mark twain autobiography.

OMG! So Jealous! I've been wanting to read that book since forever lol

So yeah I'm Cathy!
    Been reading ever since I could read lol - I usually pick up a lot of General Fiction, Horror, Detective, Sci Fi, and Literary Fiction. And my favorite of all COMIC BOOKS!! lol
    I'm currently looking for any good Sci Fi reads sooo - feel free to recommend!
  • GiuliaShakespeare
    Options
    Hi! I'm Giulia. I'm looking to lose some weight to feel and look better before I go abroad this October (and after, and forever...). I love that this group exists. I love to read! I'm an English major, so I get to do quite a bit of it. My favorite author is Fyodor Dostoyevsky, and I also really love William Faulkner. Contemporary authors I love? Chuck Palahniuk, Augusten Burroughs, and David Sedaris. At the moment I'm reading Jonathan Foer's Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. I'm hoping to finish it before I get home for spring break but... the moral to the story is, I would love to find a few friends on here to support and be supported by!
  • maija18
    maija18 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone im maija. And of course i loooove to read i have a tablet so i read on the kendle app then go to mfp app
  • burklebees
    Options
    Hi! Im Jamie. I'm a book junkie! I am currently reading two books, Choke by Chuck Palahnuik and Contact by Carl Sagan. Choke is disturbing!!! I have been told this guy writes some bizarre stuff and now I see why. Contact is really good. I love the movie and it was on the other day so I decided to google the book. As luck would have it, you can get it for free on line. I am huge fan of Stephen King, Ray Bradbury, Neil Gaiman, JK Rowling, & Classics.
  • ulala424
    ulala424 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm another lover of books. I usually have 2 or 3 going at one time. On my nightstand right now is: White Crow and Voyage on the Titanic (in honor of the 100th anniversary coming up). You can also find me over at GoodReads:
  • goyabean
    goyabean Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Gloria and I love to read. I have a Nook and a Kindle. Reading Blood Hunt on Nook and Indian Hill on Kindle. And when I am not actually reading I like to listen to audiobooks currently listening to Harry Potters Prisoner of Azkaban. I like true crime, mysteries, thrillers, vampire, zombie, fantansy like Harry Potter or the like, and just about anything that catches my attention. Dont really care for mushy romance like danielle steele but other than that Im good.
  • goyabean
    Options
    The Host is a pretty good scifi book I really enjoyed it.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-host-with-bonus-chapter-stephenie-meyer/1106917775
  • goyabean
    Options

OMG! So Jealous! I've been wanting to read that book since forever lol

So yeah I'm Cathy!
    Been reading ever since I could read lol - I usually pick up a lot of General Fiction, Horror, Detective, Sci Fi, and Literary Fiction. And my favorite of all COMIC BOOKS!! lol
    I'm currently looking for any good Sci Fi reads sooo - feel free to recommend!

The Host is pretty good by Stephanie Meyer. Scifi

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-host-with-bonus-chapter-stephenie-meyer/1106917775
  • goyabean
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Joyce and I live in sunny FLA. I have the best hubby in the world and because of him I can now enjoy some time of not having to go punch a time clock every day! I am made fun of often because my Kindle is with me everywhere I go. When I am home I am on the patio out back or curled on the couch with my Kindle. When we go out I assure you it is in my purse. My hubby is a musician and when I go out to gigs with him I end up reading at my table!!!

I like a wide variety of books and authors including: LOVE memoirs the most, then there is Jen Lancaster, Janet Evanovich, The Hunger Games series, etc. Always looking for suggestions as I never know what to by next!

Do you like zombie apocalypse books? If you do Check out Zombie Fallout Series...I love them read them all and watching for the 6th installment to come out at the end of the year. Its by Mark Tufo and they have it for kindle and its not expensive so you could pretty much buy all of them for almost the price of one book. You wont be disappointed. I promise...and no Im not related to him or have anything to gain just love his work. : )
  • goyabean
    Options
    I'm just getting into paranormal romances. I've read "the vampire shrink". But truly could use a recommendation to a few good writers.

Mark Tufo- Zombie Fallout 1-5, Indian Hill 1-2, Timothy (kinda gross)
    Stephanie Meyer- The Host
    Christopher Buecheler- Blood Ties, Blood Hunt
    Heather Huffman- Throwaway
    Guillermo del Toro- The Strain
    Michael Prescott-Stealing Faces
    Simon Clark-The Tower
    Iris Johansen- And then you die

If you like any of these let me know I am sure I have more titles for ya!
  • datenshi
    datenshi Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Hello All,

I am an avid reader as well and usually have two or three books on the go at any given time. Right now I am reading Game of Thrones, Clockwork Prince, and a book about Witches (I can't remember the title at the moment). So as you can probably tell I gravitate towards the sci-fi fantasy genre although I do read a lot of mystery and drama books too. Sometimes I may even stray over the the horror or history sections at the library. Recently read the Hunger Games trilogy and loved it so much I read all three books in a day and a half (although I didn't like the movie).

So you know what I like, how about what I don't. I am not a fan of romance, war, autobiography, or western novels.

My daughter is 13 so I tend to read a lot of Young Adult novels too so that I know what she is reading about and where her interests lie.

Well, I guess that is a good enough introductions and I look forward to interating with you all.

Take care,
    Datenshi