Introductions

Options
Mikaylarae27
Mikaylarae27 Posts: 175 Member
I'm Mikayla. I'm 23 years old and live in Minneapolis. I am looking to get in shape again. I used to be pretty fit, but put on about 20 pounds in the last 6 months.

I am excited for 60 days of Insanity with you guys because I have a hard time sticking with a plan for two months, which means I have a hard time getting results. During these next two months I will also be building up my running endurance from 1.5 miles (now) to 3-4. I plan to run 3-5 days/weeks and also lift weights 2-3 days per week. I am trying to keep my diet as clean as possible and avoid processed foods, especially sugar. Alcohol is my biggest weakness. :-S

I'm ready to DIG DEEP, look hot this summer, and inspire other people to do the same!

Replies

• AKartes11
    AKartes11 Posts: 30
    Options
    I actually finished month 1 of insanity yesterday... This week will be my recovery week then onto month 2!! So excited...

Oh my name is Athena, I'm 23 years old from Miami beach Florida and have had 2 kids in the last 2 years so I am ready to get back into shape and look good for this summer as well!! I haven't been taking measurements but my jeans are beginning to get very loose on me so I know I'm losing! I am also very bad with food, especially sugar!!
  • anorrybot
    anorrybot Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Insanity for the past 3 months and lost 14 pounds but the last 2 weeks I haven't been motivated and actually been cheating by stopping the video or doing something else. My results have stopped and I've hit a plateau.

I'm ready to follow the program the way it was designed and watching my nutrition to eat only food that benefit my body for the next 60 days. I'm also following this program in the evenings with Jilian Michael's 30 day shred for the weight training. Today was day one and it was hellish!
  • secretgirl4611
    secretgirl4611 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Hey, my name is Desirae and Im 26. Yeaup, def. ready for a BEACH BOD at least wayyy b4 I turn 30..Cuz I havent worn a bikini since middle school and I would love to be happy healthy and confident...so yea! Im just as EXCITED as you!! :) I was doin Insanity 2wks ago for a wk on youtube till they took it off. but now I have the full DVD set so yay!!!
    yeaup STARTED it today :) WE CAN DO THIS! SO LETS GET IT DONE AND GET THOSE HARD EARNED DESERVED BODIES FOR SUMMER TIME!!!
  • tenunderfour
    tenunderfour Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm Ali. I'm 41, live in the northeast, have 4 kids from 16 down to 9. I lost 50 lbs about 6 years ago and have kept it off. I just had a lot of piled up baby weight from all those pregnancies. LOL. I'm pretty fit already - I've run 4 marathons. But, I was looking for something different to mix it up and maybe get a little more lean. I think my body is just used to distance running so I don't get the calorie burn that I used to.

I'm halfway through my 3rd week. I'm liking it so far. I believe I'm seeing more definition in my thighs and slimmer through my hips and lower abs.

Thanks for starting this group!!
  • ladyjoie
    ladyjoie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm starting Insanity next Monday. I'm doing Week 4 of Turbo Jam currently, wanted to see it through before I tried to DIG DEEPER. I'm a little scared, since I'm not in really great shape and I am still 40lbs overweight, but I'm hoping I have the strength to go the distance!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!
  • Mikaylarae27
    Mikaylarae27 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I can't believe how big this group is getting in ONE day. Welcome everyone! IT IS TIME TO GET IN SHAPE!
  • elise2013
    elise2013 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, my name is Tiffany. I'm 24 years old and I'm a nursing student. I got one more year to go!!! Anyways, I did insanity a couple years ago and I got great results. I had more energy and my arms and shoulders looked amazing. I got through all except the last 2 weeks because my knees were killing me. But this time I'm gonna pull through especially with you all to push and motivate me. I'm looking forward to looking hotter in my summer dresses and possibly get a swimsuiT. WE CAN DO THIS!!!!
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow crazy people! lol
    My name is Melissa, I'm 28 years old, live in Ontario, CANADA! I am a mother of 2....and this is my 2nd attempt at INSANITY. My 1st attempt I was 206lbs and had zero confidence and zero motivation. Now I'm leaps and bounds from where i used to be and at 154lbs and far more fit, I'm ready to try again! I just completed day 5!!!
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Alyssa. I'm starting Insanity on Monday April 23. I must be crazy (corny joke font.) Good luck everyone!
  • Daligrrl78
    Options
    Hey guys! My name is Tina . This is my third attempt at Insanity. I'm hoping that three times will be the charm. I wasn't as motivated before and gave up but I'm tired of being overweight and I'm ready to do this. I would like to lose 20lbs and get to my goal weight of 160. I'm excited to what the future brings! Let's lose the weight and keep it off!
  • Ewestlu
    Ewestlu Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm almost finished with my third week of Insanity. I' m 22 and finally deciding it's time for me to get the body I've always wanted! Definitely looking forward to looking good in a swimsuit this summer :)

I just joined my fitness pal and have a question... how do you log your insanity workouts on here?
  • donnahup
    donnahup Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, my name is Donna. I will be 35 on Sunday. I was a size 2 when I got married 6 years ago and between loss of metabolism in my 30's and eating out with my hubby I am now a 10/12. I really would like to get back to a 4 or 6. I started Insanity this week and have never felt so out of shape, lol. The fit test and warm ups alone kill me.
  • Mstubbs26
    Mstubbs26 Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi I'm Marlene & I'm 43yrs old & have recently found 25lbs from a surgery I had last year having a full hysterectomy. I used to ALWAYS be that girl working out but I cant seem to find motivation for it any longer. I'm 5'8" & at 170lbs wearing a 10/11 now & I'm not comfortable at this weight. Unfortunately being in menopause now really really sucks * for the first time EVER* i actually feel like im in my forties..I have tried to start Insanity 2 or 3 times now & I get intimidated & stop, any excuse makes me stop..spouse(who IS supportive)..church obligations..work..or kids(I have 2 boys 19 & 20 & a 13 yr old daughter)..having to cook..not enuff sleep..hotflashes..migraines..u name it! We are having a vow renewal ceremony in August & I really wanna be back to a size 6 & look and feel awesome in my dress. So i pray that this group will give me the motivation I truly need & that I wont stop it.
  • ericalee27
    ericalee27 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm Erica! I just started my first round of Insanity on Monday. I'm hoping it will help me bust through some of my lingering baby weight that has been hanging around for waaaay too long! Good luck everyone! :)
  • SaraWo24
    SaraWo24 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Hi there!!! :) My name is Sara and I've been trying to do Insanity off and on since it came out. I have not finished it completely yet, but THIS IS THE TIME I DO! I took the Fit Test yesterday and plan on posting my results later in the Fit Test thread. Here's a little bit more about me though:

I'm 27 and live alone (plus my crazy sidekick, Archer, a 7 month old nut job cat). I'm so excited for May to get here because I'll finally be able to move out of my current apartment into a new one with A LOT more room. The one I am in now is all hardwood floors that squeak at the slightest move so it makes it hard to workout...plus there isn't much space. My new one is all carpet, two bedrooms (yay workout room!), and has much more space. I am a very active person but I also love love love food. I thoroughly enjoy running and taking crazy classes so Insanity is right up my alley...I just haven't had the motivation to really do it. I do now though, because apparently I have to dress up as a Playboy Bunny for a costume party that's in June...(this is where I insert my OMG WHAT WAS I THINKING???????).

I can't wait to get started with everyone else here!!! It's so nice to have that extra motivation and support. :) SO nice to meet all of you!!
  • combemj
    combemj Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi there, I am MJ. I finished P90X about 6 weeks ago and decided that I needed to start Insanity, I still have 30 pounds I want to lose. I have put the first DVD in my recorder, but haven't done the workout yet. I am just like you Marlene, I am 43 yrs old in menopause. I had a full hysterectomy about 5 years ago and stopped all hormone replacement 2 years ago. So I am right there with you on the hot flashes, weight gain. I have convinced myself that I need to just do it.

I am sure you will look beautiful in your dress. I will be here cheering you on to that size 6.
  • coolhead
    coolhead Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm Tracy, 22 and haven't had a hard workout like this in forever. I started yesterday and even the Fit Test was ridiculous! I hope to tone up overall and get rid of excess fat. Good luck to everyone!
  • sngnyrslp
    sngnyrslp Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Jade. I'm 22 years old and I'm from New York. I'm on day 9 of Insanity and I'm loving the structure and the varying workouts. Not loving Power Jumps or V-pushups (which I currently don't have the upper body strength for but hopefully will some day!) I'm glad I found this group because I can always use more support!
  • LPollard1978
    Options
    Hi! My name is Lindsey and I just started my third week of Insanity yesterday. I haven't lost any weight to speak of so far but based on my week over week fit test results, there was a lot of improvement. Did anyone else struggle at the beginning with weight loss? I have some more "tightening up" to do on my meal plan but for the most part eat pretty well. I would love to hear back from you about your experience. Thanks and good luck to everyone!
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Dana, a 32 year old mother of two, Annabelle who just turned 2 and Gillian, 6 months. Today was week2 day1, and on top of Insanity, I'm also lifting heavy 4 days a week, plus a bit of extra cardio 2 days a week. Yes, I might just be truly Insane:)