Did You Work Out At Curves Today?

Replies

• briyowes
    briyowes Posts: 757 Member
    Just came back from doing 30 minutes of Curves Zumba
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    :flowerforyou: Great Workouts, Ladies!! We do not have Zumba at Our Curves. The majority of our members are Older and Not Interested in it so the Owner felt that it wasn't worth getting into it right now.
    :heart: CurvesSmart increased me 17 thgis morning, and I still burned 435 Calories.
  • linahalim
    linahalim Posts: 11
    I wish we had curves Zumba here. We have a lot of Zumba instructors in the city but no one certified to teach for circuit.
    30 minutes of Curves workout this morning before work. My knee was giving me problems still so I couldn't push myself. Only burned 166 calories (according to the MFP app). I should get myself one of those Nike+ Fuelband to know for sure.
  • LJCannon
    :drinker: Worked at Curves this morning, AND got in a Great work out too. Although the kiosk said I "Only" burned 388 Calories. Stiull felt good.
  • mrschewy
    mrschewy Posts: 2
    I 'joined' curves last Monday on their volunteer study for people who haven't been exercising. So i'm going for 3 weeks, doing the measurements and the questionnaires and then i'll be refunded my study fee.

I worked out today, i'm going in the afternoons when I normally get a massive energy slump and it's really helping to pick me up and keep me going for the rest of the day.

Can anyone tell me what the monthly cost normally is?
  • Vanilladays
    Vanilladays Posts: 155 Member
    I almost cried...with joy and disbelief...yesterday when I saw 406 on the screen!!!! 30min =406cal = :happy:
  • Vanilladays
    I 'joined' curves last Monday on their volunteer study for people who haven't been exercising. So i'm going for 3 weeks, doing the measurements and the questionnaires and then i'll be refunded my study fee.

I worked out today, i'm going in the afternoons when I normally get a massive energy slump and it's really helping to pick me up and keep me going for the rest of the day.

Can anyone tell me what the monthly cost normally is?

I'm in Australia...I pay $59.85 a month.
  • LJCannon
    MrsChewy, I think the fee probably varies from Club to Club. I am in Oklahoma and ours is $37.01 a month if you sign a 12 month contract. It is a little more - about $44 I think - if you do a month to month. The Enrollment Fee when you join is about $74 but they frequently run Half Price Specials and every March they waive the Enrollment Fee completely if you sign a 12 month contract and donate a bag of Grocerys to the Local Food Pantry.
  • LJCannon
    I almost cried...with joy and disbelief...yesterday when I saw 406 on the screen!!!! 30min =406cal = :happy:

Great Burn!!! Congratulations!!
  • Vanilladays

Great Burn!!! Congratulations!!

Thank you....I felt it this morning LOL!!!!
  • linahalim
    Back at Curves after a 2 day break! Burned 306kcal today :) feeling good.
  • LJCannon
    :flowerforyou: Burned 426 calories in 50 minutes with Curves Smart.
  • Vanilladays
    :flowerforyou: Burned 426 calories in 50 minutes with Curves Smart.

Great work!!!!
  • Vanilladays

Well done! It does feel good doesn't it :happy:
  • Vanilladays
    I hit another high....by one :laugh:
    407 = 30mins!
  • linahalim

Well done! It does feel good doesn't it :happy:

It sure does! Too bad I can't go tomorrow morning :( gotta head to work earlier for a presentation. I'll just work extra hard Saturday morning!
  • Vanilladays
    [/quote]
    It sure does! Too bad I can't go tomorrow morning :( gotta head to work earlier for a presentation. I'll just work extra hard Saturday morning!
    [/quote]

Yes :laugh: I'm hooked....it's so hard if I have to miss a day....I squeeze in a workout whenever I can! :happy:
  • linahalim
    Managed to squeeze in a session this morning before work (yes on a Saturday. Oh life as a film editor). My weigh in and measurement day is Monday! Quite nervous! But I can see that I'm losing a little bit of tummy and the sides :D I hope it's not just my imagination.
  • briyowes
    briyowes Posts: 757 Member
    Did Curves Smart and Curves Zumba yesterday. Going to do 1 hr of Curves Zumba today.
  • LJCannon
    :drinker: Walked to Curves and Home (1.94 miles).
    Burned 459 Calories in 50 minutes.