General check in thread

Options
Daisy80
Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
Hi all

I am currently in week 3. I always find it really helpful to find a thread to check in and share your experiences. I started a thread but it seems to have gone very quite so I thought I'll start a thread for everyone who likes checking in. No matter what phase or workout you're doing let's help and motivate each other! :smile:

Replies

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Hi Dasiy80, I think checking in is a great idea!
    Phase 1, Week 2, cardio 1 today and so far I am loving this workout. I am hoping they get longer but they probably don't huh? I surely do not torch the cals like Insanity did but it isn't as hard on my back as Insanity was either!:wink:
    Keep pushing play and give it your best!!!
  • pmcjt
    pmcjt Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm on Week 3 of Phase 1, too. Workout 3 and 4 kicked my bootie. I did Cardio 1 today and now I'm gimping around. It's kind of funny, actually. I'm kind of wondering how my workout tomorrow morning is going to go.

I did weigh in and measure today. I'm down a total of 4 pounds in the 2 weeks. The impressive number is inches. I'm down a total of 11.25 inches! I measured all the places in the Body Revo journal on day 1. I measured the same places today. I even double checked because I just was so surprised!
  • Wouga
    Wouga Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hi All! I'm on week 3 as well. And I have to admit, the workouts are brutal (for me) and I'm fairly certain Jillian set out with a goal in mind to kill me. That all being said, the rewards are making everything worth it! I am down 7lbs and a total of 22.75 inches overall! That's all the motivation I need to get up the next day and do more and push harder and see just exactly where this can take me in 90 days. Hope all of you are seeing some fabulous results too!
  • court122383
    Options
    Hey guys! I'm in week 7... LOVE it! Down 20+ pounds.. and countless inches..
    feel free to add me anytime! The more support, the better for sure! :) Congrats everyone- you're doing awesome!!!
  • MamaJess
    MamaJess Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Week 1 day 3 done. I am tired and sore today. I know that if I just work through this pain it will be less severe as I get farther into it.
  • court122383
    Options
    well done! you'll still be in pain- haha! but it's a GOOD pain! Remember... Soreness is FAT leaving the body... so, even though it makes us uncomfortable- it means you're doing SOMETHING!!! Bring it on! Great job girls!
  • SpazzyMal
    SpazzyMal Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    In the middle of week 4, right now, and proud to admit that I was able to get through all of workout 3 without needing to stop last night, finally. Though I might have to do 3&4 for another 2 weeks since I can't say it's all that easy for me right now! Plus I have unfortunately had to miss a couple of days because life is throwing me a curveball lately. But overall I'm doing pretty good, in my own opinion. Certainly better than when I started. =D
  • Daisy80
    Options
    Oh great to have you all on board! I just think it is fun to check in and chat about the workouts!

As I said I am in week 3 too. It went so quickly. I had two really big weekends in the last 3 weeks and was eating and drinking a lot but I am still feeling great. I am definitely shrinking :smile:

It is my Birthday in just over 2 weeks so I will be working super hard and be super good to lose as much as possible!

Workout 3 for me today. I had to miss it on Monday as I was away so it'll be my first go today! I'll check in again later and let you know how it went. :wink:
  • Daisy80
    Options
    Hi Dasiy80, I think checking in is a great idea!
    Phase 1, Week 2, cardio 1 today and so far I am loving this workout. I am hoping they get longer but they probably don't huh? I surely do not torch the cals like Insanity did but it isn't as hard on my back as Insanity was either!:wink:
    Keep pushing play and give it your best!!!

I don't think they'll be getting much longer. I know some others adding in JM Kickbox Fastfix. I just bought it yesterday as an mp4 download of her website (also available on itunes) and it looks great! The workouts are only 20mins and you get 3. I love kickbox style workouts and I feel I could add an extra 20mins. Might be an option?
  • hbiffle
    hbiffle Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I'm on my 3rd week of workouts 3 & 4. Due to family illness, hospital visits, etc. I missed a few days and decided to do workouts 3 and 4 for another week (or 2)!! Busted out workout 3 last night and it felt so good to be able to do some of the exercises all the way through without having to stop like I did the first few times!! Definitely seeing an improvement in my strength which feels awesome!!!
  • kelmax
    kelmax Posts: 55
    Options
    Hey guys! I'm in week 7... LOVE it! Down 20+ pounds.. and countless inches..
    feel free to add me anytime! The more support, the better for sure! :) Congrats everyone- you're doing awesome!!!

Great job!!! Are you following her meal plan??
  • kelmax
    kelmax Posts: 55
    Options
    This is a great idea. I am on week 5 day 4. I must say, phase 2 is kind of kicking my butt. I find myself so worn out by the end of workouts. Last night I didn't want to do cardio 2, just because I was sore from workout 5 from monday. Thanks to Gerbie...I put it in and completed it. I find this is the time I start to slack with workouts and want to quit because I feel like I'm not "losing" fast enough. I know, I know, I need to change my thought process. :) I am going to push through it.

I hope everyone is having a great day!!!

Kelli
  • Diandra81
    Diandra81 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I am on Phase 3: Week 9 Day 5. Workouts 9, 10 and Cardio 3 are SO hard...in my opinion! With the other phases I was able to do three workouts (for example: Workout 5,6, and Cardio 2) by the second week...with this phase...NOPE! I can only manage two workouts now.

I seriously can't imagine what workouts 11 and 12 are like. I think I will have to do at least 3 weeks of workouts 9 and 10 to build enough strength to do the last couple of weeks of the program.
  • gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    LOVE a good check-in thread :drinker:

I'm in Week 5, completed Day 4 this morning (Workout 5). As I've shared in prior posts, I'm just loving this program. I add some additional exercise here and there, based on energy level and time. This week, I've had a bit more time and, so far, have done JM's Fast Fix workout (workouts 1 & 2) twice this week, and went to a yoga class yesterday. I will be taking a yoga class on Saturday morning as well, after my cardio. I'm not sure if I'll add another workout tonight or Friday. With having a full-time job and a two year-old, it gets tough to fit any extra in. In prior weeks, I was lucky to add a yoga class in extra and an extra cardio workout.

I weighed and measured myself last Sunday, which was the end of Phase 1 for me. As of Sunday, I had lost 15.9 lbs and 10" overall. It feels like I lost more inches than that, so I'm not sure if I measured wrong the first time...lol. My clothes are really getting loose, which is AWESOME!! Luckily, because of my shopping habit, I have plenty of clothes waiting for me to wear for at least 1-2 sizes.

I'm really feeling stronger and stronger each day. Love me some Jillian Micheals :love:.
  • Daisy80
    Options
    Hi all

Great to see how well everyone is doing!!

I did W3 today for the first time. It was really hard. I think it was the toughest so far! I burned the most calories as well. I burnt 332!
    I am looking forward to tomorrow which is W4. I really enjoyed that one first time around.
  • Wouga
    Wouga Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hi all

Great to see how well everyone is doing!!

I did W3 today for the first time. It was really hard. I think it was the toughest so far! I burned the most calories as well. I burnt 332!
    I am looking forward to tomorrow which is W4. I really enjoyed that one first time around.

Monday was my first shot at W3, I need to get started on it again in the next 30-45 mins...I'm actually dreading it a little...all I remember is being in the plank position for what seemed like forever doing things that my body was functionally inept at. Oh and then I spent a good 4 or 5 hours afterwards literally shaky from the whole experience. But like you I did burn the most calories doing that one, and after all of the NSVs I had yesterday I'm certainly not gonna let a little fear get in my way. Though I am still convinced Jillian is trying to kill me. :)

Keep it up! We all have this!
  • Daisy80
    Options
    It's funny because I was reading your comment earlier and once I finished W3 I thought Jillian must have added me to the list :laugh:

The hardest bit for me was the plank thing where you then go down on your elbows and back up and the thing where you go from plank into crescent pose- so hard!!!

But we will get better at it and I am sure you will see an improvement today!! Good luck :wink:
  • pagirl0872
    pagirl0872 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to starting Week 3 tonight, though a little scared. I hear it's a lot harder than weeks 1 & 2.
  • Daisy80
    Options
    I did find it harder but W4 has been my favourite so far!
  • tulip07
    tulip07 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. Great idea to have a check-in thread.

I am in week 2 right now. I haven't lost any weight so far and was getting a bit disappointed (I know it's only the second week) and then I had my tiny little NSV. I took the stairs to my office on the 3rd floor after lunch. Usually I feel very winded but today, I felt nothing!! I think I am getting stronger :) It was an awesome feeling. I decided to put my scale away and not concentrate on the weight. I will only weigh in just once a week to see if I am heading in the right direction weight wise. But I think I just need to stick with this, if not for the scale victories, it will be totally worth it just for the NSVs regarding strength and flexibility and hopefully some inches!