30DS LEVEL 1: CHECK IN!!!

Replies

• nakitadawn1212
    nakitadawn1212 Posts: 135 Member
    Love all the positive attitudes!!! I am so proud of all of us for being so committed! I am sore today but I don't know if it is from the shred, the 3 hrs of yard work I did, or a combination. Feeling whooped!! I will work out today as soon as my son lays down for his nap!

Keep up the great work and remember:
    SKINNY GIRLS LOOK GOOD IN CLOTHES BUT FIT GIRLS LOOK GOOD NAKED =)

gOOD LUCK ON YOUR WORK OUT TODAY!!!!
  • Level 1 Day 2 COMPLETE! Kind of sore, and can't really do push-ups still...

For an extra push up modification, I've been actually doing wall push-ups for one of the sets, and modified push-ups for the other. They still work out your arms, but they're slightly easier. By day 5 i'm going to do (hopefully) half modified and half regular!

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK, FRIENDS!
  • ElijahsMom08
    ElijahsMom08 Posts: 14 Member
    Hey ladies,

I was sick yesterday and couldn't get the motivation to do my workout :( and I feel super guilty about it. I started my day 1 on monday, and because it was my day 2and I got sick, I feel like I've been thrown off course or something. I'm going to do it as soon as my hubby takes our son to daycare, then get ready and go to work. I'm glad I keep checking in with this group and fitness pal to keep me motivated. Good luck ladies, this sick girls gonna go get shredded!!! :D
  • Day 2 Level 1 completed :wink:
  • charlottehammerton
    charlottehammerton Posts: 19 Member
    Hello have just done day 6 of level one and actually feel much better, actually completed the bicycling sit ups at the end which i couldn't before, going to attempt to do tomorrows at 6.30am as i have work. Don't ache so much today which is good, am aiming to do every day but will see!
  • Lmdaniels
    Lmdaniels Posts: 91 Member
    :yawn: Day 3 Level 1 complete. Tough since I worked overnight. Could easily have gone to sleep during the sit up portion. But it's done. I just don't think I'll be supplementing today.:yawn:
  • rainbownerdsgirl
    rainbownerdsgirl Posts: 14 Member
    I have been doing it every day, just checking in to let you all know am with you.

I think the lunges with lifting the weights up to my eyeballs is the HARDEST!

Love those bicycle crunches at the end!
  • Beewallows
    Beewallows Posts: 110 Member
    Level 1 Day 2 complete!! I feel amazing after doing these. I can't believe I've never tried it before now.
  • ltparker
    ltparker Posts: 32
    Went to the gym with hubby last night:heart: ...(He has been motivated to get moving since I lost a total of 10 lbs)..So, I will be alternating and adding the gym to my 30-DS. I did 35 minutes on the stationary bike last night and will do 30-DS tonight as well as 30-minutes in the gym with him. Hey, look at me going from 30 minutes to an 1-hour working out each night!!! :laugh:
  • janana81
    janana81 Posts: 278 Member
    30DS day 2 complete!! I threw a wrench in there and did level 3. I used to have to stop after 10 minutes of level 1. I have come a looooong way. Lol. I am going to keep in with the obvious 30 days, but I think I am going to change it up depending what kind of workout I want. :) tomorrow is bootcamp...so that will sub in for my 30DS workout. :)
  • azure7
    azure7 Posts: 136 Member
    Completed Day 5 of Level 1 last night. I’m accustomed to pretty intense workouts (heavy lifting, Insanity, etc.) but with full-time work AND trying to write my thesis, I needed to cut back to a 20-30 minute workout. I did 30DS a few years ago and remember being pleased with the results, although I didn’t take photos or measurements back then.

I’m really trying to make Level 1 intense by using 5-10 pound dumbbells and no modifications (regular push-ups, etc.). I’m happy to note that I’m already seeing improvements in the number of push-ups and lifts I can complete. :happy:
  • Kaseybella
    Kaseybella Posts: 25 Member
    So...... funny story! I am watching my friends 6 year old and she was so excited to try my new workout with me. We popped in 30DS and did level 1 together. She was like. "look how low I can go" with her butt almost touching the floor. I said, "I'm sweating now." She replied, "well, I'm not." LOL! She breezed through the whole thing and after she said, "we really need to be at level 2." We gave each other high 5 and I promised her that next week we can do level 2 together. Then, she said "after we pick up my brother, can we do it again?" Gotta love this kids energy!
  • janana81
    janana81 Posts: 278 Member
    So...... funny story! I am watching my friends 6 year old and she was so excited to try my new workout with me. We popped in 30DS and did level 1 together. She was like. "look how low I can go" with her butt almost touching the floor. I said, "I'm sweating now." She replied, "well, I'm not." LOL! She breezed through the whole thing and after she said, "we really need to be at level 2." We gave each other high 5 and I promised her that next week we can do level 2 together. Then, she said "after we pick up my brother, can we do it again?" Gotta love this kids energy!

I love this kid!! Lol. It's like my 5 year old! :)
  • Lmdaniels
    Lmdaniels Posts: 91 Member
    Went to the gym with hubby last night:heart: ...(He has been motivated to get moving since I lost a total of 10 lbs)..So, I will be alternating and adding the gym to my 30-DS. I did 35 minutes on the stationary bike last night and will do 30-DS tonight as well as 30-minutes in the gym with him. Hey, look at me going from 30 minutes to an 1-hour working out each night!!! :laugh:

I love going to the gym with my hubby. As far as increasing your time, it gets to be addictive. Especially when you start seeing results.
  • ohjoy908
    ohjoy908 Posts: 53 Member
    L1D2 done! I didn't think i would get through it my legs were hurting so bad!! I did it with a buddy so we kept each other motivated. we also went out and bought a few workout things and I finally got real weights! about to do some yoga to relax and then hitting the shower before doing some fun workouts with the boyfriend tonight ;) yup i'm feeling that good about myself! yay!
  • LurayneMarie
    LurayneMarie Posts: 342 Member
    about to do some yoga to relax and then hitting the shower before doing some fun workouts with the boyfriend tonight ;) yup i'm feeling that good about myself! yay!

HAHA! Go on girl!!

Completed L1D2 yesterday on my break from work even though I would have much rathered to chill in front of the TV with a cup of coffee! It was my second day using my new weights and Im wondering now whether I got them in a size too big! My arms are in BITS today, I can't extend them out fully and they get trembly when I have to lift heavy things at work! Whoops! Im just hoping it's my arms getting used to the new weights and that Im not doing any damage by using them. Don't know how they will perform today in L1D3!
    Let's see!!

Have a great day everyone!:flowerforyou:
  • Level 1 day 2~ Success! :happy:
    20751372.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Worked an extra 12 hour shift today. Came home and walked the dog, fed the critters, and did L1D2.
    My upper body is weaker than the lower, so push ups are done off a table, and the anterior raises (with the side lunges) are
    absolutely killing me (3# weights)...argh!
    Jillian Michaels will NOT get the best of me, I refuse to quit! :devil:
  • ltparker
    ltparker Posts: 32
    L1D2 Complete.....and I completed an additional 20 minutes on the Stationary bike, Yes, I am about to pass out right now:yawn:
    Congratulations to Everyone who completed L1D1 & D2! Let's get it in!!!
  • vacationnut
    vacationnut Posts: 8 Member
    Did level one on Monday and again today.