Non scale victories (NSV)

Options

Replies

• angelina2585
    angelina2585 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I have 2...

My daughter told me my arms look thin...sort of an NSV...gotta work on getting them to look lean lol

I bought a belt in a size S yesterday to keep my work trousers from falling down :)) I'm not ready to buy new ones yet.
  • rebekahgo
    rebekahgo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I bought jeans at Old Navy today......in a size 6!!! I haven't worn a 6 in eleven years. I was wearing 8s when I started eating more 4 weeks ago and busting out of my 12s when I restarted MFP at the beginning of the year.
  • jj3120
    jj3120 Posts: 358
    Options
    A colleague I haven't seen for a while today said "your looking very trim" then added "is it all that Zumba you do?" to which I said thank you but no it's because I'm eating!!

First person who has noticed enough to comment! Been on mfp since jan this year and eating more since beginning of march, but been Zumba-ing since september last year .
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I've started lifting weights!

First time since having surgery to repair my deltoid over 4 months ago :drinker:

And all my blood tests came back excellent.

Good job everyone!
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Man all the NSV's are just astounding!!! Keep them coming!:flowerforyou:
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Two pounds up and 13 inches down. And looking firmer than ever!!!!!
  • nixirain
    nixirain Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    2 weeks of lifting heavy (almost) and 3 inches down! I haven't lost in almost 3 month so this was a big one for me:happy:
  • rotnkat
    rotnkat Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    NSV........um.....sort of.......this morning my boyfriend came up and hugged me and said "hey your muffin top is almost gone!"

I know he didn't say it to be mean and was really trying to compliment me,so I just smiled and said thanks!!!

Men ya gotta love em!!!!!
  • dizzymomma
    dizzymomma Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    All of my pants, shorts & capris can be taken off without unbuttoning or unzipping!! (I teach & therefore refuse to buy new pants so close to the end of the school year). I may have to invest in a belt for the first time in I don't know how many years!
  • starsnyc21
    starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    As of this morning I can do 15 push up in a roll(girlie style). Just 3 weeks ago I couldn't even do 5. I am definitely building up my arm strength.
  • swisspea
    swisspea Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I just rocked side plank without lowering my knees :)
  • fmbomzo
    fmbomzo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I was discouraged because the new workout shorts I bought in a Medium fit kind of snug in places. Then I looked at them again and realized they are actually a Small. Sales tag didn't match the actual size. I'm psyched about that.

I can do a decent set of real push-ups now. I couldn't do any when I started the S90 program 2 months ago.

My "girls" are sitting up and so is my "bumper" ... woo hoo!!!!

And, last but not least, my kids told me I have "muscle" legs now...lol!!!!
  • umi40
    umi40 Posts: 6
    Options
    I am a normal weight and trying to be lean. I'm small frame, 5'3. Im trying to be lean and fit. I started exercising september 2011 (think Jillian Michaels workout mixed with Bob Harper). I noticed that I gained 2 kilos. Well, my diet changed since Im trying to eat healthy and within 1200-1500 calories. At first I started to worry about that since I am eating really clean (note: no chips!). I took my measurements and noticed that mu waistline is so much curved and smaller and my lower abs has never been this flat.. How can you explain then the 2 kilos gain? where did it all go? I don't think that I 'gain' muscle, since a fat turned into muscle is still the same mass (or am I wrong?)
  • lee155
    lee155 Posts: 120
    Options
    Yesterday was the first time ever doing weight training for almost 2hrs. I freaking love it. No more killing myself with boring cardio.
    I'm going to start doing 30 minutes of cardio and 60 mins weight training.
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I can fit size 12's, my body fat % is down more than 1% in a month, I bought a bikini :blushing: and my bestie told me my "body is looking athletic." :happy:
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Went from a 22/24 shirt being tight to an 18/20 being almost baggy. All this time my weight has been 2-5lbs fluctuating each day.

Now- to buy shirts now or wait a month? lol The best dilemma to have!
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    Went from a 22/24 shirt being tight to an 18/20 being almost baggy. All this time my weight has been 2-5lbs fluctuating each day.

Now- to buy shirts now or wait a month? lol The best dilemma to have!

Gemiwing if you wait...just make sure you don't go flashing anybody...you could get in trouble...lol! Awesome NSV!!!
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    Yesterday was the first time ever doing weight training for almost 2hrs. I freaking love it. No more killing myself with boring cardio.
    I'm going to start doing 30 minutes of cardio and 60 mins weight training.

:love: LOVE IT!!!
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    Wish I could comment on all of these...just outstanding!!!!
  • techmom29
    techmom29 Posts: 103
    Options
    Umm...my bum is higher...(sheepish grin). :wink: