Bodymedia Fit

Options
124»

Replies

• KarinFit4Life
    KarinFit4Life Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Karin, if it's just a matter of registering on the website, do you have a friend in the US or one of the other approved countries whose address you can use?

Rebekah, I do yes. So an address wont be a problem, but the credit card might be... I'll see what response I get back from them, hopefully I can get around it.
  • kay_bear52
    kay_bear52 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Great topic. Thanks for all the comments. I have been wanting a fitbit and this is the first I have heard of this other device
  • ashfuse
    ashfuse Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I just got mine a week ago and it makes eating more to weigh less WAY easier because you can see exactly what you are burning in a normal day. It's exciting and motivating :)
  • ashfuse
    ashfuse Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    wanted to also add, I am using mine with my iphone 4s just fine with no problems :) Just follow pairing directions and it will link up just fine.
  • natini
    natini Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ox45
    ox45 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    There is a group on Facebook called Freebugg that lets you use it without a subscription. Haven't tried it yet.
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/124814374205032/
  • kay_bear52
    kay_bear52 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Is there any other option than wearing it on your arm? I would not be able to do this because of my work. That is why I was leaning to the fitbit
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I have heard you can also wear it on your left calf?
  • grimm1974
    grimm1974 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    After reading up on these, I decided to put it on my upcoming birthday wishlist.
  • LCraig0124
    LCraig0124 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just bought one a couple of weeks ago and I love it !

No need to spend $179 for one though.... I got mine on EBay, the box was slightly damaged for like $50, then I just went to the website and signed up for the monthly fee....

I have a Polar HR monitor that I use for my workouts.

Still scared to trust what it says I am burning and to eat more.... I am trying to get the courage to up my calories....

I am finding that my BMF seems to track about the same amount of calories for my exercise that my Polar HRM did. However, if you do a lot of biking you might want to continue to use the HRM as it doesn't seem to pick up that type of exercise, really the only major downfall of the BMF I am finding.
  • jyska
    jyska Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I just bought one a couple of weeks ago and I love it !

No need to spend $179 for one though.... I got mine on EBay, the box was slightly damaged for like $50, then I just went to the website and signed up for the monthly fee....

I have a Polar HR monitor that I use for my workouts.

Still scared to trust what it says I am burning and to eat more.... I am trying to get the courage to up my calories....

I am finding that my BMF seems to track about the same amount of calories for my exercise that my Polar HRM did. However, if you do a lot of biking you might want to continue to use the HRM as it doesn't seem to pick up that type of exercise, really the only major downfall of the BMF I am finding.

When you bike (or use a stationary bike for spin class or something) put it on your calf instead. Apparently that brings the accuracy back up from what I've read.

Mine's supposed to be here today.....It's like Christmas!! :happy:
  • KarinFit4Life
    KarinFit4Life Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Well Ive used the US address of a friend and signed up my credit card...and its been accepted! *happy dance* :bigsmile:
    Woohoo! So it works for other countries too!
    Now I need to be patient and wait for the import..... sigh
    CANT WAIT!!
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    :tongue: I'm so jealous of many of you. I was excited and hoping to see numbers well over 2000 like so many but it was averaging 1800. Very disappointing. Stopped wearing it for months and kept on with my weight lifting. I put it on recently for a few days and finally it was averaging around 2000. Which would make sense since I've been more serious about weights and eating more so I'm burning more. Still disappointing though. :laugh: Guess I just can't eat as much as I was hoping.
  • oonga
    oonga Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    ok i am a bit curious about the whole sleep analysis thing.

LIke it tells you the quality of your sleep, how long you slept for, how often you got up etc etc..

Whilst its all cool information to have, i do get that sleep is important for weight loss, just as sleep is important for good health full stop!

What i am a bit baffled about is, what do you DO with all this information??
    Like if the bodymedia says you have slept X amount of hours, unless you are not getting to bed early enough, what can you do about it??
    How do you fix your quality of sleep or whatever information the body media gives you?

Sorry if this sounds like an obvious question, with an obvious answer, but i can see myself jumping out of bed every morning to overanalyse the information and then be stressing about how to fix it all LOL

**Disclaimer** I am prone to analysis paralysis! where i over think things LOL
  • Teffy2
    Teffy2 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Ok. Not that I'm impulsive or anything but I had never heard of this calorie tracker, until I started reading this post string an hour or so ago. I just bought one on E-bay for $50. Yay

I hope I learn a lot about my actual calorie expenditure :-) Thanks for sharing the info!
  • oonga
    oonga Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    hahaha nope that doesn't sound a bit impulsive at all :laugh:
  • sensual_sloth
    sensual_sloth Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    So this worked with your SA credit card? :D YAY!!!!!!!!!!!
  • lilvonne80
    lilvonne80 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I Have not had mine a week yet and I'm excited to wear it however sad that i am not making my needed calories. I can't seem to get my macros right... and it won't synch on my ANDROID via blue tooth. I links up fine but no snyc. Still waiting on the Bodymedia folks to get back to me. On a another note. Do you log your weight training. Since we knowi t dosen't log it correctly How do you add it yourself Via my fitness pal or directly on the website?