10-week challenge

Options

Replies

• jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Beeps - they are definitely mine and Thanks!
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    Well I'm pretty sure I've completely ruined the minimal progress I had made in the last two weeks over this weekend. I don't know what got into me but I just ate everything in site on Saturday and Sunday was pretty bad too. I ate at maintenance yesterday to try and get back on track and I will go back to my deficit today. The scale :frown: is still up 3.8 lbs today. I know, I know I didn't eat enough to gain that much but I did eat enough to gain 1 or maybe even 2 lbs as much as I hate to admit that.

I'm planning to finish up stage 2 on Saturday and then I will have about a 10 day break to give my body a rest for a 10K I'm doing on memorial day. I think I may go on more of a calorie cut during the break since I won't have the strength training hunger monster after me and hopefully kick my butt back in gear!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,973 Member
    Options
    There's a saying, right, "...fall down 7 times, get up 8...."

In my view, so long as that is what you are doing, you WILL succeed. You will. It's all good!!

I cannot get a work-out in, today. I have both a lunch engagement and a supper engagement. So, I'll perfect my diet, today. Having a salad and a lean protein, only, at each of those meals. Tomorrow is a 'weight-check', and I want to KILL IT.

What are YOU doing, today, to make this challenge a success?????
  • kcfaber
    kcfaber Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Still here! Pretty poor food choices the last several days so brought the treats to work where they were gobbled up and not by me. Had a good workout today and refocusing on food choices. Still no love from the scale but increasing definition and now the new size 6's seem looser too so something is working. Might have to get body fat monitor thing or maybe bodymedia/fitbit thing to see how the numbers are really shaping up but will trust in the clothes and mirror approach for now.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I'm doing a "quick-measure" today....it's half-way through May and I thought I'd see if I'm on the right track. I will have to hit the scale at the gym, but I'm not there, yet!!

On the tape measure, I'm down 1" on my smalles waist, I am down 1/2" on my belly button waist and I think I am the same on my hips. Not too shabby, I guess (i.e. NO GAIN!).

I hope the scale has me down a lb. or 2, as well!
  • jenniet04
    Options
    <----changed my username

Beeps - great progress.

I have not been keeping at my 1800 calories very well at all the last couple weeks. I also have not had any changes in measurements for the last month. I've got to get a better handle on my weekend eating, but we are always so busy, it's difficult.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Well, I cannot say 'great' progress, because my hips/thighs are my trouble area and my hips measurement stayed the same (no change since end-of-april measuring).

But, at least it makes me FEEL like the calorie-deficit I am choosing is a good idea just now.

I'm really committed to making these 10 weeks count. And, looking at the calendar, with only 7 of 'em left, it's REALLY time to POUR ON THE FOCUS.

NO MORE EXCUSES!!

(And, yes, being "busy" really is very, very difficult. But, it's a "CHALLENGE" - if it were something else, it would be called an "EASY"....)

PS - I like the new user-name, jennie....and I LOVE your calves. Nice!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    ok, I *totally* blew the diet piece of this challenge, yesterday. Which, for me, is the ENTIRE challenge, so, GLAD YESTERDAY IS GONE.

Whew.

After my successful mini-measurements yesterday morn, I stepped on the scale (before my work-out) and it hadn't budged and then I had an emotional FREAK-OUT because of that. So dumb.

But, I did. And then I ate fast food. Followed by junk food.

The day is a complete write-off. Anyway, there's 2 weeks left in May. I can still drop a lb. I figure, if I (again) closely monitor my caloric intake. So, I'm back on track, today. It's about the best I can do!!
  • jenniet04
    Options
    Eh, we all have those days. At least it's over and you've moved on. Best thing you can do.

Thankfully my eating has gotten under control the last couple days. Now I just need to make a plan for the weekend, although, it may not be as difficult as I was planning since it looks like my son's team will not be in the soccer tournament this weekend like we had planned. Apparently they don't have enough teams at his age level.
  • jenniet04
    Options
    Where did everyone go??? How are you doing on your goals?

This weekend was awful, as I suspected, but it's my own fault for not being prepared in advance. On a good note, I stepped on the scale Monday just to see how bad and I was down 1/2 lb. But my measurements don't seem to be budging at all (I measure just my waist about once a week just to see how I'm doing). I plan on doing a full measurements on Thursday since that ends another challenge I'm in.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Yay for 1/2 lb. down, jennie!!! Nice!!

I blew this weekend, too. But, clearer heads will prevail and I'm determined to be very strict through the remainder of May so that when I take MY month-end measurements, there *is* some improvement!

I think I dropped my calories TOO low at the beginning of May - which lead to an over-calorie binge from Wed - Mon of this past week. So, I'm trying to keep my deficit at about the 250 calorie range. It likely means that my 10-week-challenge goals were TOO optimistic, but if I even hit HALF the target (i.e. if I lose 5 lbs rather than 10 lbs), I'll know I'm on the right track and I'll finish up my (wanted) weight loss through the summer months.
  • lizlee8
    lizlee8 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm with you guys - had a baaad weekend :grumble: but it is a new week and gotta keep this truck truckin' :tongue: thinking of stepping up the cardio a little too maybe throwing an extra interval sesh in. Currently doing 3 days of NROL with workout b only having interval (stage 4) so thinking of adding it to workout a too. we'll see how I feel tomorrow after round 2 :smile:
  • kcfaber
    kcfaber Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Still here! Bad food weekend as shared by many it seems:smile: Trying to get back on track food and exercise wise. Got up early today to get my workout in and even thinking about throwing in a little cardio later if it works out. Eating everything in sight and turns out it's just about TOM so that all makes sense. Think 10lbs will not happen before end of June. I'm with Beeps. At this point 5 would be huge progress. Mirror and clothes seem to be improving but just can't seem to shake these pounds. Can't understand how this third child (who will be 4!) put me over the edge here. Had always gotten back to prepreg weight before. :sad: Okay so prob not baby weight this far out:noway: Anyway, keep on keeping on and good things will continue to happen. Focus on all these other accomplishments:pushups, pullups, visible arm and back muscles and get over the scale. Prob would need to reduce calories to see weight loss and unable/unwilling to do that so must continue to work the program.
  • Jessica1274
    Jessica1274 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I've had a bad food WEEK. :-(. I've had some good thrown in, but overall my eating has been horrible. And I wonder why I'm not losing. Duh. It's awful. The more crap I eat, the more crap I crave. I'm so bummed.
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    Well I'm in the same boat as everyone else coming off a bad week last week. I don't know what was going on with me, I just wanted to (and basically did) eat everything in sight! I finished up stage 2 saturday and I'm taking a break this week since I'm running a 10K monday. Planning to just take it easy this week and try to keep the eating under control. We can do this ladies!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    If I can get through these next few days, on a lower-calorie plan, while zig-zagging, there might be some hope.

I am COMPLETELY bummed because, one of the things that is happening is the calendar months are turning over - and the results are harder and harder to come by.

:(

When I started on NROL4W, there was a thread that showed this woman's body, which was in decent shape - and then it showed her body after 6 months of WEIGHT-TRAINING ONLY (i.e. no cardio) - and her body was in REALLY good shape.

So, that's why I started NROL4W - I thought: "in 6 months, I am going to have a body like that...."

Well, I'm nearing the end of month 5. And, my body *is* better, but it is NOT nearly as developed as I had pictured in my head. So, I'm depressed about that. It is obviously "my fault", so I accept all blame. But, in month 2, I wasn't so hard on myself - I kept thinking, "...the finish line is still 4 months away..." Same with month 3.

In month 4, I started to get REALLY worried, which is when I started thinking about this 10-week challenge. And now, in month 5, just about FULL-BLOWN PANIC is setting in.

I am *so* bummed that I'm not gonna "look like that" by the end of June. SO BUMMED.

Is *anyone* else feeling like this??

PS - I *realize* this is a lifestyle change, so whether I get there at the end of June, 2012 or whether I get there at the end of June, 2013, shouldn't matter. But, for this minute in time, IT IS MATTERING.

PPS - please give me the name of one pill that actually WILL curb my evening appetite. That's the *quick fix* that I'm looking for, today, and would be grateful for any private message in this regard....
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    ha ha ha

"it is darkest just before the dawn"

Had a GREAT work-out today....used up the 2nd free session a friend gave me with her personal trainer. My last free session. So, of course, he worked me out SUPER-DUPER and now I want to CONTINUE with him. But, I'm not buying another gym membership....I have a gym membership....

So, he is checking into whether or not I can just buy PT time (I doubt it).

I would really like to meet him once-per-week, do NROL4W 2 x per week, and do some outdoor cardio 3 x per week - that would make for a GREAT SUMMER RECIPE, I figure.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    PS, I had to step on the scale yesterday, because the life insurance people were at our home gathering the necessary medical evidence for our life insurance application.

And....I am *officially* 15 LBS. HEAVIER than I was 3 years ago on this date.

That's right, people....15 lbs heavier!!

Yes, 3 years ago I was "skinny fat". Now, I just feel "muscly fat"....which isn't ideal, either.

Alright, there's no other choice except to POUR IT ON. I'm going to lose body fat percentage, period. And, I'm going to commit to eating my calories, getting my macros in, and seeking the comfort of regular exercise.

Cheers!
  • jenniet04
    Options
    Beeps - you totally rock!!!

I am pretty much the same weight that I was 2 years ago when i found out I was pregnant and my clothes are looser now than they were then and I'm much happier with my body now than I was then. Even if I don't lose any more weight and weigh 150 lbs for the rest of my life, I really don't care as long as I can get into a size 6 and look smoking hot!!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    We are about 1/2 way through this 'challenge' - and I'm not even stepping on the scale right now - that's how NOT successful (I think) I've been with weight loss.

Mind you, I've got 5 weeks left and today is a new day. I guess if I'm not LOSING any ground, that's still a "+" right now.

How are you doing, ladies??