Non scale victories (NSV)

Options

Replies

• SweetSapphire
    SweetSapphire Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost a great deal of weight yet (still trying to sort that out as it is a work in progress) but I am losing inches. I really noticed today when I put on a different bra which I hadn't worn for few weeks. I had to do it up on the tightest clip so I definitely know all that lifting has trimmed my upper body. Also, I can physically see my arms are looking tighter and more defined. Oh and my trousers were much loser around my rear end!
  • susiek80
    susiek80 Posts: 19
    Options
    I went from obsessively weighing myself to not looking at the scale for over a week. It went in the closet last Tuesday and will remain there for a whole month!
    And I bought a pair of pants in the beginning of March that were a 10 and were a little tight. On Monday night, I went back to the store to try on new pants cause those are too big, and the 8's fit! Not quite ready to buy new pants, but it's so exciting to know I can!
  • Mell00546
    Mell00546 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    This is my first NSV since I started on MFP.

Last night at the gym I was doing leg presses (110lbs). And a gentleman came over to me and commented on how much weight I was able to press. He told me it is funny to watch the women come to that section of the gym (the man section) and put 25lb weights on the leg press, as if that is doing anything. I laughed and told him that 25lbs wont get me to my goal. It was nice for a total stranger to be impressed with the amount of weight I was able to leg press. And I have only been lifting for 2 weeks now. Cant wait to see where I am in a month!

Oh and the pants I am wearing today at work are loser than they have been in months! The scale hasnt moved yet but I can deal with that :)
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    <---- I bought this top 3 weeks ago on April 29th.. its very fitted and has a zipper down one side.. when i bought it it was too tight and i had to struggle to squeeze the zipper together to get it shut... and i bought it anyways to motivate myself.

I have only had a .4 difference in weight since that day.
    yet it fits!! :)

WEEE
  • twoboys2012
    twoboys2012 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I had my aha moment last night ... i have a party to go to this weekend and i have fat clothes only in my wardrobe and they all suck ... so i went to late night shopping and i found 3 outfit that fit me and more importantly that looked good ... I usually have trouble as my tummy usually sticks out and makes it all look awful. I bought one and came home and put on a show for my hubby ... I feel so sexy and hot ... i have my boots, leggings and new top on and man i looked so much slimmer ... i felt so comfortable and i felt like i had 100x more confidence. I couldn't believe it ... I have not lost any inches but my body has changed (haven't measure since last week) ... it has smoothed out in parts and while no inches lost it looks better ... weird huh ...

To top it off i jumped on scales for some reason and i have lost a pound ... so figure .... I have made my day and it has been 4 weeks.

Whoop whoop
  • AmyM713
    AmyM713 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    So I sent my profile picture to my sister on her cell phone and her response was "Is that really you? OMG your ripped?" I assured her it was but she still asked me again yesterday lol. Made me feel pretty darn good that I have change a part of my body so much that my own family member had to take a second look to make sure it was me!
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Wow - this is amazing stuff. Thanks for the inspiration!

I don't have much yet. I'm getting closer to fitting into my pre pregnancy jeans, but not there yet. That being said, since joining MFP I've gone from a 20W to an 18W to a 16W. I'm really hoping to make that W disappear soon. My pre pregnancy jeans are a 16, but they're a jegging style, so I'm thinking in another 10 pounds or so. I can put them on and button and zip them, but not wearable yet if you know what I mean. But I'm chugging along anyways.

Several people have commented that I'm "looking good." So that's always nice to hear!
  • ImaKnitter67
    Options
    Just finished my second week of struggling to eat more each day :-) I'll get there, though. But as to NSVs, here ya go:

1. Lost 2" in my thighs
    2. Lost a pound
    3. Bought a size smaller bathing suit.
    3. Got compliments!

Some ladies in my water aerobics class told my friend I was looking good and asked her if I was doing anything else besides our class. She told them MFP and light weights.

I also just took up the hula hoop. Hoping to get some loss on my belly now.
  • shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    after a few weeks of starting EMTWL my measurements have started to change!!! I'm so happy
  • fmbomzo
    fmbomzo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I tried on size 9 pants in the Juniors section and they fit. I started in a size 13. So I'm happy. That is with only 14 lbs lost this year. So I can't wait to see how fabulous it will be at my goal weight, which is about 40 more lbs down.
  • hollydohrman
    hollydohrman Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I've been at this for four weeks now and while the scale has gone up and the inches haven't changed, I did have a great NSV this weekend. My hubby and I did a little shopping and I bought some new workout clothes. Almost everything I got was a size small. I've never bought anything smaller than a medium in my life. Leaning really hard towards throwing my scale out!!
  • ImaKnitter67
    Options
    I got up my nerve to measure my body parts and guess what? I lost 2 inches off each of my thighs! Yay. I credit the water aerobics as well as finally eating right.
  • MileyClimb
    MileyClimb Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I could get my legs in the next size down in a pair of pants in the legs and all the way up to my stomach can't button or zip yet but before I could not even get them on me. so I am headed in the right direction. I just keep on going.
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    The pants I'm wearing this morning fit me when I was 213 pounds. I have gained 13 scale pounds (damn you, scale!) since beginning to eat more. This morning my 213 pants fit me better at 226! All I can say is ... wtf?! :bigsmile:
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Here is one that I am proud of....I measured my waist this-morning, and it is down 1.5 inches! My weight is holding steady, but I'll take inches lost any day!

Also, yesterday I went out in shorts and a tank top, with no makeup on... normally I would have jeans, a normal tshirt and full on makeup, and you know what...i didn't even think twice about going out without my usual 'coverup'
  • angelina2585
    angelina2585 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I bit the bullet and went out to buy a new bra today because my current ones are not giving me any support.

The shop assistant asked me what size I was wearing '34D' said I. She wrapped the measuring tape around me and said 'Oh you are tiny. You're 31"' Yes they were her words! No-one other than my husband has ever called me tiny and I take it with a pinch of salt when he says it because he's supposed to lol

So new 32DD bra has been bought...even better there was a 20% discount on it :))

We're off to a wedding tomorrow and I won't have droopy boobs lol
  • stephr2014
    stephr2014 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    These are all awsome NSV! WTG! everyone is such an inspiration. :drinker:
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Love all the NSV's! Keep em coming, the scale is soooo overrated! Btw I have no idea whatsoever what the scale says since Im on vacation...but Ive stayed consistent with my workouts and my clothes are feeling great. My DH told me my arms are looking more defined, and old friends are saying things like "HOLY CRAP! HOW MUCH WEIGHT HAVE YOU LOST!!!" It makes me more than a little happy to tell them that I havent actually really lost anything since the last time they saw me.

My favorite MFP quote ever:
    "THE SCALE IS A LIAR, Y'ALL!" -Kiki

I'm taking that one to the grave!
    :P

Becca
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    I haven't posted a NSV yet, but I only weight myself once a week (if that) and thats when I go to the gym.. One way to not weight yourself is don't own a scale(I don't)..
    But just wanted to share this, since starting EM2WL and my newer exercise program and eating healthier I used to wear around 38-40 jeans/cargo shorts.. well I had to go shopping due to not being able to get my belt tight enough to hold them up anymore.. so I bought a new belt and shorts, waist size is now 34 to go with a belt of the same.. I bought cloths at Marshall's (cheaper cloths store) because I don't plan on staying in them very long (wishful thinking).. I think I could get down to 30 waist.. working for that 6 pack :)
  • bradthemedic
    bradthemedic Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I just ran 5k and had my best time in years. My leg muscles are defining very nicely and I am only up 1lb from starting EM2WL.

Very pleased today!