challenging myself this month, who's with me? (:

Options

Replies

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    Happy hump day everyone!! This is from yesterday. Very busy today but yesterday was good for me. So if I can make it thru tonight that should take me out of the red and in the lead....yay! :happy: This is really helpful fo me!

As of May 15, 2012:

ME - 4
    BED - 4
  • ulionk
    ulionk Posts: 11
    Options
    Me: 4
    Binge 3

I've taken the lead!!!! It feels soooo good :-)
  • kelbelzz
    kelbelzz Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    it makes me happy to read about how good y'all are doing without binging. and how if you do binge, you pick yourself up and start over again.

pleased to announce that i am six days b/p free. almost at a week without letting my eating disorder control my life. (:
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    Me - 15
    Ed - 8

This thread is really helping me too! Everyone is doing so good with focusing on their behavior. Wonderful!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    As of May 15, 2012:

ME - 5
    BED - 4

Whoooohoooo!!! We are going to beat BED!! Keep up the good work everyone!! :flowerforyou:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    it makes me happy to read about how good y'all are doing without binging. and how if you do binge, you pick yourself up and start over again.

pleased to announce that i am six days b/p free. almost at a week without letting my eating disorder control my life. (:

Awesome!!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    See link below: (A good reminder for us not to be so hard on ourselves when we have an episode) I know for me I know this but sometimes I forget all is not lost especially if you can contain a binge to a few hours or less than a day.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/606721-after-a-binge-after-a-meal-out-read-this
  • greekygirl
    greekygirl Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    See link below: (A good reminder for us not to be so hard on ourselves when we have an episode) I know for me I know this but sometimes I forget all is not lost especially if you can contain a binge to a few hours or less than a day.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/606721-after-a-binge-after-a-meal-out-read-this

This was a great read. I didn't read all 14 pages of it though. Thanks for posting! Just what I needed to hear after my candy binge yesterday afternoon. Dammit stupid work where candy is way too accessible! Not that anyone put a gun to my head or anything.....but some days it's harder to stay away than others. I could've eaten everything in sight, it was just one of those days. GRR!!! Today's a new day....again.

It's funny (and sort of annoying!) how a couple people said they felt bad after eating a 1/2 cup of ice cream or a chicken sandwich...REALLY??? They have no idea what we struggle with!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options

This was a great read. I didn't read all 14 pages of it though. Thanks for posting! Just what I needed to hear after my candy binge yesterday afternoon. Dammit stupid work where candy is way too accessible! Not that anyone put a gun to my head or anything.....but some days it's harder to stay away than others. I could've eaten everything in sight, it was just one of those days. GRR!!! Today's a new day....again.

It's funny (and sort of annoying!) how a couple people said they felt bad after eating a 1/2 cup of ice cream or a chicken sandwich...REALLY??? They have no idea what we struggle with!
    Today is another day. Do you chew gum at work? Or have other goodies at work so as to take you mind of the candy bowls?

I did not read any of the posts at all, just the article posted by the originator. I was a good reminder for me because sometimes we get overwhelmed and now I am down to binging on heathier foods most times anyways. My fast food binge days are over because I can't do it any more. and sweets are not hard for me. FF binging was my demon of choice.
  • greekygirl
    greekygirl Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Today is another day. Do you chew gum at work? Or have other goodies at work so as to take you mind of the candy bowls?

I did not read any of the posts at all, just the article posted by the originator. I was a good reminder for me because sometimes we get overwhelmed and now I am down to binging on heathier foods most times anyways. My fast food binge days are over because I can't do it any more. and sweets are not hard for me. FF binging was my demon of choice.

I have gum - sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. When I've already reached binge mode, gum usually doesn't cut it. But I need to remember I have it in my desk and chew that before anything else!

Great job on the FF! I don't have a problem with that, just the sweets. And baked goods. Ugh. I wish I didn't have a problem with sweets...I don't understand how anyone doesn't! Consider yourself lucky! :smile:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Thanks but I think weight and health wise FF does more damage. Because I had weight loss surgery I can not eat sweets but if I eat too many sweets I get really sick and I get the sweats too so I can never binge on sweets. But even before my surgery it was FF, chips, popcorn, etc. there was one cookie I would binge on to the extent of making myself sick. Now I barely touch that cookie and can eat only a few. I wish the surgery had did the same for FF. I probably messed that up myself.:grumble:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    I have gum - sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. When I've already reached binge mode, gum usually doesn't cut it. But I need to remember I have it in my desk and chew that before anything else!
    The same is true for me with gum. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. :ohwell:
  • Behavior_Modification
    Options
    Mollie, I work w/ a lady who also had gastric bypass and she calls it "Dumping Syndrome" if she eats more than 10g of sugar at once. The jury is still out on what I think is the lesser evil. On the one hand it is nice to be able to indulge in the foods I enjoy without binge behavior, and wouldn't be able to do that if I was limited to 10g - but if I physically couldn't binge on sugar it would surely help my situation.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Mollie, I work w/ a lady who also had gastric bypass and she calls it "Dumping Syndrome" if she eats more than 10g of sugar at once. The jury is still out on what I think is the lesser evil. On the one hand it is nice to be able to indulge in the foods I enjoy without binge behavior, and wouldn't be able to do that if I was limited to 10g - but if I physically couldn't binge on sugar it would surely help my situation.
    And keep in mind everyone does not get the dumping syndrome. I really don't get the dumping syndrome to the degree as some do because I can defintely eat more than 10 grams of sugar but I know I can't eat the sugar I used to. Some don't have any affects.

Like even for me with the FF even though I can do binges with the FF I can't do it all at one time like before the surgery. I can only do so much and stop and eat the rest later which gives me at least 2 or more hours to think and try to stop myself. Before surgery I could eat literally tons of FF and not even get sick, now I do get sick and sometimes sick as a dog and so I have to stop or should I say most times I choose to stop instead of being sick to my stomach.

So thankfully I have some type of side affects and I think IF I had not pushed the envelope 3 years after my surgery I would really get sick because even now if I manage to stay away from rich sweets and FF for over 2 or 3 months watch out if I have more than a bite of something sweet especially or more than 1 or 2 pieces of something fried even too many french fries will cause me to dump. I will be a basket case. So in that since the surgery still works for me, it is me not working for me. :grumble: That is why I always tell people interested in this surgery, the surgery fixes the stomach but not the brain/mind/head/heart, etc.:noway: :ohwell:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    As of May 15, 2012:

ME - 6
    BED - 4
  • Mizzhill
    Mizzhill Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I went a couple of weeks with out binge eating, but the thought is still there like every couple of hours. I had to stop myself a few times and thought about what I was doing and once I started to realized what I was doing and hiding the fact that I ate like 20 mins before dinner wasn't healthy and it was mentally stressful. Example I use to go to Burger King get a whooper Jr meal and go to Apple bees 20 mins later to have another meal because I don't want people to know I ate before showing up. I don't know why I did it ... I guess it was like I'll eat now and when I get there I'll just get something small but it would never end up like that. It was like I was trying to justify to myself or something.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Options
    Me - 16
    Ed - 8

I hope everyone has a relaxing weekend!
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Me: 22
    ED: 2.

After 3 weeks, I finally lost the fight.:cry:
    Not giving up though.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Me: 22
    ED: 2.

After 3 weeks, I finally lost the fight.:cry:
    Not giving up though.
    How did you lose the fight my dear when you have had 22 days this month with no binges? That is a win in itself. One day of binges is not losing the fight at all. So lift yourself up and get back on the stick today. That is why I love this challenge because it puts things in perspective. If you have had 2 days of binges out of 24 you are doing GREAT!!!:drinker: Keep up the good work! :drinker: Remember consistency not perfection. And so glad you are not giving up too! Success is never giving up and we are not going to do that for sure.
  • ulionk
    ulionk Posts: 11
    Options
    Binge:3
    ME: 6