10-week challenge

Options

Replies

• lizlee8
    lizlee8 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Beeps - I totally understand how you feel - that is exactly the reason I started NROL4W too! And 4 months in not that much of a difference, I feel the muscle but I'm still "the same". But, like you say Beeps this is a lifestyle change and maybe for us it will just take a little longer :smile:
    Today was my 2nd workout B of stage 4, need to up the weights I think for next time to get more of a burn. gonna try not to consume my weight in icecream this weekend with the weather being so nice! I'm in Edinurgh, Scotland and it's 23C (that's hot here :tongue: lol)
    2 weeks to the wedding!
    Goals are
    constantly logging my food and eating the right foods too!
    continue NROL4W with added zumba (tues) and interval session (after workoutA).
    Keep it going ladies :drinker:
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    Beeps, EMC-I am so glad someone finally came out and said that! I started for similar reasons and I am just not seeing results like I was hoping. I see these great success pictures from other people and think soon that will be me, but it never is! Well, at least not yet. I have struggled with making a lot of the lifestyle changes necessary for lifting, though, so I really can't blame anyone but myself. I know this will work, I can feel the muscles, I just need to get my eating figured out so I can lose the fat that's covering it!
  • Jessica1274
    Jessica1274 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I'm doing. We'll leave it at that. ;-)

I am really wanting to clean up my eating. I think I'm going to try to focus on that. On eating *real* foods, in a healthy balance.

I am also trying to wean off Prilosec. I have taken it for 10+ years, and discovered this week that it has, in fact, caused me to not be able to absorb B12. I'm supposed to start sublingual B12. Praying that helps my insomnia, fatigue, etc etc etc. In the meantime, I am slowly weaning off Prilosec. I have to half them for now, and take Zantac plus enzymes and probiotics. I over ate last night, on trigger foods, too. It was awful. I guess I will have to be very, very careful. (Maybe it will be good for weight loss!)
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Have to tell you all, I'm not getting the weight loss I wanted - total goal of 10lbs and I've only lost 2.8 so far. BUT I already hit one goal - I'm back in a size 8!!!!
  • CharleneExtreme
    Options
    I'm just going to update my starting stats because any improvement will do!:

18/4/12

BF: 36%
    Hips 40.4 inches
    Widest part of stomach: 39 inches
    Waist: 33.3 inches
    Thigh: 23.6 inches
    Bicep: 14.4 inches
    Chest: 38.2 inches
    Calf: 14.4 inches
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,987 Member
    Options
    It seems that many of us are "struggling"....hmmmmmm.....I hope you accept how much I SUPPORT all of you in your endeavours!!

any success, big or small, COUNTS!!

for me, even though this was only a 10-week-challenge (ending June 30), it has come to my attention that I have a fancy function on July 22nd. So, I always like having a "dress" to fit into, or something like that, because it helps my (real life) focus.

This gives me about 7 weeks? (8??) to get into a lovely summer dress that I have - not with spanx, but with my own body fat loss - so, I'm back IN IT!!

GO GET ALL THE *FIT* YOU CAN GET IN, ladies....and, eat well, but eat clean!
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Colleen - great job so far!! and AWESOME NSV!! Size 8 is my next goal. I would love to be there in 4 weeks, but don't know if that will happen.

We are going on a week vacation starting June 22 and will be going to a natural hot springs. I'm really hoping I can lose some body fat by then so that I feel more comfortable in my bathing suit. I'm really going to try to reign in the weekend eating and I've got to get on top of meal planning for dinners during the week. Hubby is usually really good at this, but he has been totally slacking lately, so I guess that means it's up to me to take over until he's ready to get back at it. Not having dinners planned really screws up my whole week, because I usually take left overs for lunch, so that's two meals that could be lacking any value.
  • kcfaber
    kcfaber Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Saw a glimmer of scale loss last week but now it is back up again. I think it still may be under there somewhere so will recheck in a few days of better water consumption and end of hormonal retention issues. So will likely not be achieving anywhere close to the 10lb goal range and would be thrilled with even 2-3lbs at this point. Continuing to focus on healthy food choices and staying consistent with exercise. Coming up on halfway mark for P90x which I have really enjoyed and then planning to redo Stage 7 for fat loss and a return to heavy lifting.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I'd be happy with a 2-3 lb. (non-water-related) weight loss, too. I'm still optimistic that I can cram in a 10-lb loss by the END of the summer (since it isn't going to happen by the beginning!).

I *know* it is the inconsistency that is killing me.
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    Lack of consistency appears to be my issue as well. I guess I've been inadvertently eating at maintenance by having so many up and down days. So starting yesterday I'm changing to a flat calorie goal of 2000 a day. I'm also starting stage 3 today after my break and I'm excited to get back to some lifting!

Hope everyone's week is going well so far!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I will weigh on Saturday to see if May was even a "mini-success". I remain hopeful. I remain determined. And, I have moved into "consistency" this week and feel STRONG heading into June.

Not all is lost - paying closer attention to my nutrition plan is something I should have been focusing on since January, but I was sooooooooooo focused on the heavy lifting I couldn't manage the 2 things at once.

Now that lifting seems to be going okay, I have the time (and inclination) to focus on the diet part. It's gonna be GOOD!
  • lizlee8
    lizlee8 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Well weigh in today and I gained 3lbs :frown: it's my own fault eating to much :grumble: So with one week to my wedding I've put my cals at 1600 and will up them for workouts. Need to eat clean for clear skin. Last heavy lifting day will be on Saturday. Then I'll do some lifting at home with my DBs and maybe add some Jillian 30DS too.

So this is the last week for me ladies, make it a good one. :bigsmile:
  • jenniet04
    Options
    emckeever8 - go strong this week and congrats on the wedding!!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    emckvee - *stress* can sometimes lead to weight gain....I can't imagine ANYTHING more stressful than the week before a wedding! So, don't even worry about the scale number and, as you've suggested, pay ATTENTION to what you are eating and all of the last-minute things to make sure you have clear skin, luxurious hair, etc., etc.

GO HAVE FUN!! And, *congratulations*!
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    EM - congrats on the wedding! Beeps & jennie- you can do it!

Memorial day set me back. I woke up Tuesday and my fingers were so swollen with water weight it wasn't even funny. Haven't gotten near the scale since!

I'm on vacation starting 7/9. We're taking the kiddos primitive camping at Mammoth Cave Park (Kentucky) for an entire week. El cheapo vacation because we're getting ready to finish a1400sq ft basement. And missing the beach is better than tuna noodle casserole every night for the next 10 weeks. So, not only do I want to feel better in a suit, I need to be able to spelunk, zipline, horseback ride, canoe and hike .... all day long ... for 5 straight days!!!

Speaking of which - if anyone has recipes for camping that are diet friendly (preferably low carb/high protein) let me know!!!! I'm sure I'll eat way too many s'mores and drink too much beer around the campfire, so anything will help!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Alright, tomorrow is photo/measurement day - I will post back when I know the "news"....I think it will be good (enough) news.

I kicked *kitten* at cardio today, if that's any indicator. And, tomorrow I'll go lift something heavy.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Okay, so my end-of-May photos don't look very different from the end of April. Boo.

But, in that one month, through heavy lifting, I chiseled:

- 1" off my natural waist;
    - 1.5" off my belly button waist; and
    - 1.75" off my hips

So, May *was* a success.

Oh, and I'm down one whole pound for the month.

I'll take it. The quest continues....
  • jenniet04
    Options
    Beeps those are great results!! I wish I could lose an inch in one month.

I totally fell off the wagon this last weekend with my eating - worse than normal. This is getting to be a habit. I've got to figure out a way to stay on track over the weekends. I don't know why they are so hard for me.

I'm definitely not going to make the 10 lbs, but would love to lose another 2 before the end of the month. Only going to be able to do that if I stay on track with my eating.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    June *has* to be about 'consistency', for me.

Without it, this challenge is doomed.

So, with barely 4 weeks to go, I'm determined to really give it my all.

You can watch my diary to see if I remain "consistent". Because, it will be a ROLE MODEL in that regard, lol.

Even though summer is upon us, I have determined that I shall not drink any alcohol, to help with calorie-control, until June 22nd. On that day, I have an "all-girl's" function and it would be RIDICULOUS to pretend I could hold out. On that day. But, until then, I plan on NOT drinking. Same with sugary-snacks. I just have to say "no". Period. I cannot have "just one"....it just leads to more and more and more and, if I just say "no" from the start, I think it will truly aid in my aim for 'consistency'.

I will be eating lower-carb than usual. Carbs make my tummy poof and I just don't want to see it this month. Not once. Not ever. So, unless it is a vegetable (or the odd fruit), I'm just going to have to take a pass.

In order to get sufficient protein, I will have to ingest protein shakes. Otherwise, I just am not getting in my protein. Even the protein shakes poof out my stomach....but, I'll have to deal with that one.

The end.
  • Jessica1274
    Jessica1274 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I am going to Chicago on Thursday for a huge meet up with friends. My goal is to make *reasonably* good decisions, avoid excessive carbs, sweets, and not *too* much alcohol.

I got a good, old-fashion fat caliper. I am ~27.3% bf. Better than what the electronic meter said, but still crappy. I really would like to hit that 20% mark.