Avengers post viewing discussion: Spoiler Warning

Options
1235»

Replies

• hesgro2
    hesgro2 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    This movie was fantastic! Went to see it opening night on Friday... and there was a line up out the door...no you don't understand ...that NEVER happens in my city...I nerdgasmd the entire time!

Fave line: When Stark called Clint Legolas....only one other person laughed in the theater with me... :)

I don't want to gush too much... a friend of mine hasn't seen it yet, and I'm holding it all in...lol...

Oh...and WTF, no dark night trailer!?! Stupid &%^$&*(&^%!!!!

That line was one of the best, but I have to say there was some great dialog all the way through. Action + Comedy = Awesome! BTW, My husband and I were the only ones who laughed in the theater too, but I console myself with the fact that we went at a pretty un-nerdy time.
  • opus649
    opus649 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    My husband thinks that MIB3 will end up grossing more than the Avengers.

9587601.jpg
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    My husband thinks that MIB3 will end up grossing more than the Avengers.

9587601.jpg

Stupid apparently, but me, not him. He meant this weekend only, not total gross. Or is that what you thought as well? He thinks MIB will pull about 70 this weekend and Avengers might do 50 again.
  • opus649
    Options
    Stupid apparently, but me, not him. He meant this weekend only, not total gross. Or is that what you thought as well? He thinks MIB will pull about 70 this weekend and Avengers might do 50 again.

Na na na na na na na... na na na na na na..... gettin' jiggy wit it....

I thought you meant total gross... which.... I think is unlikely. But weekend... hmmm... yeah.... maybe.
  • tameko2
    Options
    Ha, I just realized you used the nicer version of that macro but I just saw the picture and even though I looked at it TWICE (once on my phone, once to come here and reply) I still read it as "or just very stupid"
  • tameko2
    Options

Na na na na na na na... na na na na na na..... gettin' jiggy wit it....

I thought you meant total gross... which.... I think is unlikely. But weekend... hmmm... yeah.... maybe.

Memorial day weekend and its the 4th week for the avengers but first week for MIB so its very unlikely that Avengers will gross more, although Avengers will still get a bump from the holiday. Maybe I'll see it again anyhow, my parents haven't seen it yet and I have not much interest in MIB3.
  • opus649
    Options
    Ha, I just realized you used the nicer version of that macro but I just saw the picture and even though I looked at it TWICE (once on my phone, once to come here and reply) I still read it as "or just very stupid"

Yikes! I wondered why you used the word "stupid".... I'm not *that* much of a jerk... well... I guess that depends on who you ask.... I think I'm slowly making it onto a few lists around here....
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options

Yikes! I wondered why you used the word "stupid".... I'm not *that* much of a jerk... well... I guess that depends on who you ask.... I think I'm slowly making it onto a few lists around here....

Youre fine in my books ;)

Oh...and I dont think MIBIII will beat Avengers... that's my bet!
  • opus649
    Options

:flowerforyou:
  • tameko2
    Options

Oh...and I dont think MIBIII will beat Avengers... that's my bet!

I guess we will see. I would be happy if it doesn't, but I think MIB3 is actually slightly broader crowd appeal than Avengers and that matters a lot for first weekends.