Virginie's progress! Starting on May 12!

Options
virginiejaubin
virginiejaubin Posts: 497 Member
So I'm starting tomorrow, on May 12! Anyone is welcome to join me in my journey! Will post results and NSV under this topic.
Start weight 165.5 and 0 running endurance... Will do the workout on Saturday, Monday and Wednesday!

Replies

• virginiejaubin
    Options
    Week 1 day 1 went great! Went at 6 in the morning, was alone on the road with the birds, trees full of flowers and blue sky...loved it!
  • virginiejaubin
    Options
    Woke up at 5h30 am to do week 1 day 2 and was really motivated to run under the morning sun!
  • virginiejaubin
    Options
    So week 1 is over, started week 2 this morning...that additional 30 sec of jogging each rep was hard, but I push myself through it! Proud of myself!
  • ssdivot
    ssdivot Posts: 193
    Options
    You're doing great :)..keep up the great work, you'll amaze yourself!
  • virginiejaubin
    Options
    Thanks a lot!
  • virginiejaubin
    Options
    Week 2 day 2 is done! I went at 7 am and it was already warm outside! The heat affects the run for sure, but still did it completely!
  • virginiejaubin
    Options
    Finished week 2 this morning! Week 3 starts Saturday! Seeing the improvement in my endurance, but scared to jog next weeks 3 min in a row.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I bet it will be easier than you think! You only have to do the three minute jog twice :) Not so bad!
  • virginiejaubin
    Options
    Started week 3 yesterday! That 3 min in a row was something, but ready to do this again tomorrow morning! Im all in!
  • virginiejaubin
    Options
    Was supposed to do week 3 day 2 today, but it's raining and thunder storming in Montreal since this morning, will have to wait and see if it clears outside before I go to bed...
  • virginiejaubin
    Options
    Nsv: It finally stopped raining for a little less then 1h and I went for my week 3 day 2 run! After the 1st 1.5 min of jogging, I felt like it was just a warm up instead of the run itself! Could running really get easier?! I guess that's for me to find out!
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! I'm sure it felt great to finish that run :)
  • nightnurse2
    nightnurse2 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    You're doing great!
    I'm on W4 D2 today - have a cold and don't feel great, but will give it a try!
  • virginiejaubin
    Options
    Thanks! :)
  • ssdivot
    Options
    Keep up the great work! I'm torturing myself looking at this forum all the time because after w5d3 being conquered I decided to give it a rest since for the few weeks before that I'd been having this knee area issue with my left leg. It didn't hurt while jogging, but there are just these weird twinges in it, that was 2.5 weeks ago and it still feels basically the same. I did get a knee brace a couple of days ago and I think I'm just going to start up again and see if it makes it worse, it may have had nothing to do with the jogging. I felt so on top of the world being able to do the 20 minutes for the first time, and I'm missing that feeling of accomplishment! Keep going you're doing so great and I love hearing about it!
  • virginiejaubin
    Options
    Thanks a lot! Tomorrow is week 3 day 3 and I can't wait! Hopefully your knee is better and you can go for the total 5K soon!
  • ssdivot
    Options
    So I went ahead and tried some jogging today and yeah...bad idea..it is making the knee/leg thing happen..although again, not while jogging, but afterwards. I can't even really pinpoint the pain, its when I bend my knee while lifting the leg behind me. I'm going to have to wait for it to totally go away. I went three weeks and it didn't go away, and I probably just made it worse....will go to doctor if it doesn't go away soon. Maybe I just need to wait until I'm at a lower weight. Will experiment with high incline walking on treadmill as alternative to get my heart rate up...the running just was really giving me a sense of accomplishment!! .../cry! I will still keep watching and cheering from afar to the rest of you who are doing this wonderful program!
  • amyram
    amyram Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    So I went ahead and tried some jogging today and yeah...bad idea..it is making the knee/leg thing happen..although again, not while jogging, but afterwards. I can't even really pinpoint the pain, its when I bend my knee while lifting the leg behind me. I'm going to have to wait for it to totally go away. I went three weeks and it didn't go away, and I probably just made it worse....will go to doctor if it doesn't go away soon. Maybe I just need to wait until I'm at a lower weight. Will experiment with high incline walking on treadmill as alternative to get my heart rate up...the running just was really giving me a sense of accomplishment!! .../cry! I will still keep watching and cheering from afar to the rest of you who are doing this wonderful program!

I don't know if it will help but I've been reading about sore knees after mine acted up today and most recommend ice, I also just got off the elliptical here at work and that motion doesn't seem to bother my knee. Might work for you so you don't need to take so much time off, it's sad to lose ground to an injury.
  • amyram
    amyram Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Thanks a lot! Tomorrow is week 3 day 3 and I can't wait! Hopefully your knee is better and you can go for the total 5K soon!

By the way good luck Virginie I didn't mean to butt in on your thread, I'm following because I just finished w1d3 for the third time today, the lungs and legs feel good this time, but my left knee is sore under the kneecap tonight. Hopefully good for Friday , I would really like to move on to week 2 now that I can jog all the jogging bits in w1d3.
  • virginiejaubin
    Options
    Thanks a lot for all the encouragement! Today was week 3 day 3, so moving to week 4 on Sunday...that 5 min in a row is gonna be something! Went running a little less then 1h after dinner...never doing that again! At the beginning, I was going faster but my last min of running was tough, I didn't give up, but had to jog slower...

Also today at some point while running, I felt like a runner! I know I'm a beginner runner, but my chin was up and I was proud to show people that I can!