I will not weigh myself for 4 weeks...

Options
emgel9
emgel9 Posts: 218 Member
I am throwing out the scale (figuratively...my fiance would be quite upset if I tossed his uber fancy scale). Last Saturday (yes, I know, not even a week ago) I committed to EM2WL and upped my calories to 1800. As of today I am 2lbs heavier, but I realized if I freak out about this all I am going to do is slash my caloric intake again! So, no scale, no NOTHING for 4 weeks (if I can do this it will be big...I am a scale junkie). I hope my 4 week check in with you guys on June 23 shows some progress! I also just started a modified NROLFW (all I have a home is barbells) but at least I'm lifting!

Replies

• angelina2585
    angelina2585 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    That sound like a great idea especially with you weight training too. I hope you enjoy the extra calories. I'm on 1750 a day and love it!
  • CleanandLean33
    Options
    I'll join you in not weighing for the next 4 weeks if thats ok... I need a motivation to step away from the scale! :-)
  • jyska
    jyska Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Good for you! And if you find the temptation to step on the scale too great, get your fiance to lock the scale in the trunk of his car or something...I saw someone else did that and it seems to me like an awesome thing to do! :laugh:
  • MileyClimb
    MileyClimb Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I should join in also. I am way to scale obbessed. so starting tomorrow no weighing for me for the next 4 weeks. here's a thought why don't us no weighing folks support each other and friend one another to help keep us accountable.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    It's been 4 weeks for me so far but I'd like stay off of it for Nother 2-4 weeks. I'm with you!
  • bsinno
    bsinno Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    i will be joining you! June is a SCALE-FREE MONTH for me!
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Wow. You guys are awesome. You have much more restraint than I ever could. I think it's great. Maybe someday - I'm not there yet!
  • sugarplumj
    sugarplumj Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I started a reset last week, and got over the initial bloaty grossness, now gaining a few lbs, and just trying to figure this out, BUT, feeling good about not waking up with 1200 cal a day headaches...

See you in a month for a "check-in"?
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Seriously?? I don't know if I have enough will power to stay off the scale for that long. Hmmm...I might have to give this some thought.
  • bsinno
    bsinno Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Seriously?? I don't know if I have enough will power to stay off the scale for that long. Hmmm...I might have to give this some thought.

im having my hubby hide it somewhere b/c i know i wont be able to resist. its easy to just step on real quick while no ones looking - it will be harder for me to climb up into the attic and start searching!! plus its really hot and buggy up there. i think we have a ghost.
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options

im having my hubby hide it somewhere b/c i know i wont be able to resist. its easy to just step on real quick while no ones looking - it will be harder for me to climb up into the attic and start searching!! plus its really hot and buggy up there. i think we have a ghost.

Lol! I guess I could have my husband hide it from me. Although mid June I'm supposed to do a 30 day check to see where I'm at but if I only get on it 1x all month I think that's pretty good.
  • CleanandLean33
    Options
    Cool that takes us all up to the 28th June. Happy to support anyone with this goal just send me a friend request.
    Best wishes and hide the scales well :-) mine are going on top of my wardrobe with a note on to remind me why they are hidden incase I have a weak moment and hunt them out!! ;-)
  • MrsKosal
    MrsKosal Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I will not be weighing myself again until June 30th. The day I leave for vacation! So a month from today really. I am doing the reset for 4 weeks. I have a friend on board with me too. I am nervous but excited.
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I am tempted for a 30 day challenge.. but right now Ill settle for once a week:)
  • droidrunner
    droidrunner Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am getting on it tomorrow morning and not again until June 29th! I can do this.
  • paxier
    paxier Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    i will be joining you! June is a SCALE-FREE MONTH for me!

I'm in too! Evil nasty machine.:happy:
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    LOL you guys are so funny. I did a 2.5 wk chalenge and thought I wouldn't make it...it was when I was struggling with EM...well it was almost a relief.

Now everyone must take measurements, if you can bf%, and pictures too!
  • dzinergrl18
    dzinergrl18 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I am getting on it tomorrow morning and not again until June 29th! I can do this.

I'm with you. Wanted to weigh in morning since this is my first day upping calories, but from tomorrow until end of month I will not step on the scale!
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Oooh love how everyone is jumping on board with the OP :happy: I use to weigh daily, but now I weigh about 3-4 times a week lol.. like that is any better :laugh: I would love to try this too.. starting tomorrow. 4 weeks without weighing myself, I can do this!!! We can do this!!! Thanks for this post :smile:

edit: Forgot to add that today is my first day for the metabolism reset.. I really hope this goes well. Feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • fuzzyslipperz
    fuzzyslipperz Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'll try. :)

It's hard because I've been doing this for six weeks and am up over 2# on average. However, after wearing my fitbit I can see I've been undereating for YEARS. Even eating my calculated TDEE -15% (About 2K/2100), with the fitbit I am barely netting BMR most days (some days under), so I bump it up to TDEE on weekends which makes up for it. My metabolism must be really shot. :P I only want to lose a few pounds, so I have some wiggle room.

I'll stay off the scale this month - I'll take measurements and I have my 'tight jeans' I try on each weekend as well. :)