Non scale victories (NSV)

Options

Replies

• mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I haven't posted a NSV yet, but I only weight myself once a week (if that) and thats when I go to the gym.. One way to not weight yourself is don't own a scale(I don't)..
    But just wanted to share this, since starting EM2WL and my newer exercise program and eating healthier I used to wear around 38-40 jeans/cargo shorts.. well I had to go shopping due to not being able to get my belt tight enough to hold them up anymore.. so I bought a new belt and shorts, waist size is now 34 to go with a belt of the same.. I bought cloths at Marshall's (cheaper cloths store) because I don't plan on staying in them very long (wishful thinking).. I think I could get down to 30 waist.. working for that 6 pack :)
    Fantastic!!!
  • mommamuscles
    Options
    I just ran 5k and had my best time in years. My leg muscles are defining very nicely and I am only up 1lb from starting EM2WL.

Very pleased today!

Awesome! Amazing how many fitness gains we have when we properly fuel our bodies!
  • quie618
    quie618 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    My first NSV is that my husband keeps grabbing my butt! :bigsmile: Giggity giggity. :laugh:
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    My first NSV is that my husband keeps grabbing my butt! :bigsmile: Giggity giggity. :laugh:

LOVE IT:happy:
  • hollydohrman
    hollydohrman Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Normally I would never tuck my shirt in. I have always worried about my tummy bulge so I would leave my shirt untucked to hide it. Today I tucked my shirt in and there was no tummy bulge showing! Made my day.
  • quie618
    quie618 Posts: 102 Member
    Options

I can't even bend down to pick up dust bunnies without being manhandled. :laugh:
  • ANewLucia
    Options

I can't even bend down to pick up dust bunnies without being manhandled. :laugh:

:laugh:
  • SmileyJ23
    SmileyJ23 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Well this weekend has been full of NSVs for me so I thought I would share. On Friday the East coast pretty much had crazy storms and thunderstorm warnings. Well I got caught in it and live in a mid rise. I wasn't going to dare catch the elevator because people have gotten stuck in there during storms. I live on the 6th floor which is the 7th from the side I parked on.

I RAN UP THE STAIRS- two sets per floor.

I couldn't have been more proud of myself!!!:bigsmile: Months ago when the power was out and I had to hike up the stairs it was disastrous. It would take me forever to catch my breath. Friday I was huffing but only a little and within a min or so I was fine. It was nice to see my body work for me.

#2 Yesterday went to do a little browsing for summer dresses. Weeks ago I was able to fit some 1x dresses. Yesterday 7/7 dresses fit perfectly. I found the prettiest dress in 2x that was also on clearance but it was too loose and didn;t look great on me. It was nice for something to be too big for a change :laugh:
  • mommamuscles
    Options
    Well this weekend has been full of NSVs for me so I thought I would share. On Friday the East coast pretty much had crazy storms and thunderstorm warnings. Well I got caught in it and live in a mid rise. I wasn't going to dare catch the elevator because people have gotten stuck in there during storms. I live on the 6th floor which is the 7th from the side I parked on.

I RAN UP THE STAIRS- two sets per floor.

I couldn't have been more proud of myself!!!:bigsmile: Months ago when the power was out and I had to hike up the stairs it was disastrous. It would take me forever to catch my breath. Friday I was huffing but only a little and within a min or so I was fine. It was nice to see my body work for me.

#2 Yesterday went to do a little browsing for summer dresses. Weeks ago I was able to fit some 1x dresses. Yesterday 7/7 dresses fit perfectly. I found the prettiest dress in 2x that was also on clearance but it was too loose and didn;t look great on me. It was nice for something to be too big for a change :laugh:
  • JessLLoser
    JessLLoser Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    On a two day trip to Tokyo I walked more than I ever have, SAT 15,000 steps, SUN 20,000 steps. I burned more than 3000 calories in two days just by walking around enjoying myself.
    Too bad in the Disneyland pictures I look so fat! Boo!
  • mommamuscles
    Options
    On a two day trip to Tokyo I walked more than I ever have, SAT 15,000 steps, SUN 20,000 steps. I burned more than 3000 calories in two days just by walking around enjoying myself.
    Too bad in the Disneyland pictures I look so fat! Boo!

Wow! Hope you enjoyed yourself! Im sure you are your own worst critic!
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    My hubby asked me if I was losing more weight. I said "NO". He said "well you look smaller than you did a month ago"!! The look on his face when I told him I was up 4.5 lbs from last month was priceless!! The scale IS a liar!!
  • mommamuscles
    Options
    My hubby asked me if I was losing more weight. I said "NO". He said "well you look smaller than you did a month ago"!! The look on his face when I told him I was up 4.5 lbs from last month was priceless!! The scale IS a liar!!
    Ha! Love it!!! The scale is such a demon liar!
  • ANewLucia
    Options

I would like to add, your guns are smokin! Keep up the good work!:bigsmile:

Lucia :flowerforyou:
  • mommamuscles
    Options
    Ok, I have one...
    After coming back from vacation, and thoroughly enjoying myself and not stressing about food, the scale was exactly the same as the day I left! I ate at or above TDEE the whole trip! it was so nice to have a trip where I was not making everyone around me miserable by complaining about food,..in fact I ate pretty much what I wanted, within reason.
    But....
    Yesterday was my first day back to weights and i was fully expecting to have to ease back into the heavy stuff! I had brought my dumb bells with me but my workouts were definitely different than they are at home. I was so excited! I added 5 lbs to my bench, 10 lbs to my BB rows! And....I was able to do 5 chinups! I totally surprised myself!
    I love eating!
  • SweetSapphire
    SweetSapphire Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Having torn my ligaments in my left knee about 10 weeks ago, I have been gradually building it back up with strength training etc... and I have avoided any high impact exercises since joining the gym. Today, I decided to do a power walk for 2 miles on the treadmill. After the first mile, I was itching to see if I could do some light jogging ( I wear a knee support whilst training for extra reassurance) and tentatively began to jog to see how it felt. Well, it felt ok, so I kept going.... and going.... and going! I ran a mile without stopping and really managed to raise my heart rate ( I love my hrm). So it's two NSVs really - the fact that I could actually maintain a steady pace and not get out of breath (improved fitness) and that my knee is on the mend! Yay to me!!!!:bigsmile:
  • txsgirlK
    txsgirlK Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I was so excited about my NSV, then I forgot to post it last week! :ohwell:

I just returned from vacation in SC. I used to dread flying because those darn seats are so small and I was always afraid I would be the person no one wanted to sit next to. Well.....I felt SO much more comfortable on this flight!! My hips seemed to fit better into the seat, the seat belt was comfortable, I could bend down easily to reach into my bag for my healthy snacks that I packed! It was actually an enjoyable flight!

Also, I did not gain a single pound while gone, although I ate grits and pecan pie! But I was careful not to overeat, which is easy to do while on vacation!
  • SmileyJ23
    SmileyJ23 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! I go home to SC next week. I'm sure you had a great time :) And I know how you feel about the airplane thing!
  • mommamuscles
    Options
    So great! Its amazing what giving our bodies the right kind of fuel does for us...better recovery, healing, fitness improvements, and even weight loss! Starving ourselves is so overrated, lol!
  • rotnkat
    rotnkat Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I made myself get up at 4:10am this morning just so I could workout!!!

I normally get up at 4:45am and then get ready for work (shower, coffee, 1st breakfast) and then I have a hour+ commute to work. I work 8-5 M-F and then I drive for a hour+ commute home and then cook dinner for the family and clean the kitchen and do the laundry and....and.....and...... By the time I get to bed (usually around 10:30ish) I'm wiped. So working in the evening is a bust!!!!

But I need to get healthy and toned, so I got up and worked out with a adjustable band (you can turn a key to shorten or lengthen the band) and now my abs and my shoulders and my arms are starting to get that burn!!!! :drinker: