Check in and intros

Options

Replies

• lemonemmafied
    Options
    Hi

I've been meaning to do something about my weight for ... well, years, but I'm really starting now.

I'm 159cm and just under 80kg. I want to get down to 60 eventually, but in the mean time I'm focussing on 74kg. I've never tried an interim goal before, but I've heard it works!

I live in Dunedin and am keen to meet up with anyone else working at losing weight.

Cheers
    Emma
  • jordyninja25
    jordyninja25 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Kia Ora everyone!

My name is Jordan and my current weight is 78.7kg. At my heaviest I was 95.5kg and my goal weight is 60-65kg. Also with Configure Express (Sylvia Park). Looking to lose weight and up my fitness :)

Feel free to add me if you like!
  • lil_monkey21
    Options
    I'm lawz, 19 from wellington.
    I have been trying to drop weight for about 2 years now and starting to get frustrated with it all.I started gaining after i went on the pill and have been told my endometriosis isnt helping either.Aiming to get down to about 55 or 56kg :)
  • Arani70
    Arani70 Posts: 84
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I'm Arani, 19 years old and 5"9

I started on this journey at the start of Febuary 2012 and have lost 15kg as of Today! Hoping to get down another 4kg to reach my goal of 70kg.

I live in Auckland and work at Sky Television in Mt Wellington :)

Feel free to add me as a friend as I'm always here to motivate others! :D
  • BatWoman2012
    Options
    Hi my name's Lylie (said like Kylie) lol and Im born and breed Christchurch. Turning 27 next month. Been on here since the beginning of April 2012. Not really doing any exercise at the moment just watching the diet and its slowly working. I smashed my tibia Xmas day 2010. Was on crutches until the end of June 2011. Once I was more mobile I gained a lot of weight even though I was heavy in the first place. At Xmas 2011 mum told me there were a lot of comments made about my weight (nice huh?). I wasnt really motivated to lose till I signed up on here and started losing, now Im addicted to it :) I work for Toll and do all the Shipping and Admin I really enjoy but it can be tiring.

SW 106
    CW 96.7
    GW 70kg (but ultimate goal is between 55 - 65kgs)

Absolutely love this site its been a god send!! :)
  • Katlynbl
    Katlynbl Posts: 4
    Options
    YAY KIWIS!!! Just started a week ago. Feel free to add me :o)
  • mrswattie
    mrswattie Posts: 16
    Options
    Hi everyone :) I'm a mum of 2 and am trying to lose the weight from my last pregnancy (1 year ago). I've been on here for a few months but only got serious the last month or so. Still got about 7 kgs to go. My husdand works away which can be really hard, juggling the kids and trying to find the time to workout. Feel free to add me because I have no friends (boohoo) well no friends on MFP anyway hehe. I'm currently forcing myself to do 30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30 twice a day to get the weight off. I HATE working out lol, but am making myself do it.
  • phoebej88
    phoebej88 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Kiaora! So glad to find some Kiwis on here! :)
    I am Phoebs, 23years old, living in Wellington!
    Start weight: 96kg, Current weight: 93kg, Goal weight: 80kgish.
    Feel free to add me. Always looking for motivational/inspirational people to chat to. :):)
  • dee_bee
    dee_bee Posts: 36
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm a 22yo female, been married for one year and have two cat babies. I work from home as a graphic designer and I also have a cupcake business. I have 50kg to lose and have been to and fro from MFP but I really find anything hard to stick with so I'm gonna need the encouragement!
  • 007bondage
    007bondage Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Hi neighbours!

I'm Glenn from Hamilton. I have 10kg to lose as I am doing Ironman NZ triathlon at Taupo in March. The weight loss will help save my 50 year old knees from a pounding!

Happy to accept friends for chat / advice / support / motivation / laughs. :drinker:
  • vickstar8707
    Options
    Hi guys,

I'm from chch - 24yo female, went to uni at Canterbury and have an office job now where i'm sitting all day :yawn:

Would welcome any friend requests to help motivate and support each other :)
  • shan_welch
    shan_welch Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My names Shannon from Auckland! So cool to have a kiwi group on here!
    Im a personal trainer (which deffinatly doesnt make me immune to gaining weight, falling off track and temptations!!!!) anyway I just thought some of you might be interested in getting a bit of outside help/motivation? Iv recently started a mobile PT business (foxyfit personal training) and also have my own in home studio where I help busy ladies to be fit healthy and strong! If your interested or just want some regular motivation check out my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/foxyfitpersonaltraining . All the best with all your health and fitness goals x
  • DeniseNZ
    DeniseNZ Posts: 2
    Options
    Morning all. Just joined this morning. I'm Denise and live in Blenheim. Have four grown up sons - two living in Chch and two that were there last year, but are back home now. Have the need to lose 25-30kgs. I work two part time jobs - both which are office/sitting down type jobs.

This week I have started swimming (have been twice) and had my first session at the gym yesterday.

SW: 95.1 kg - 24 May 2012
    CW: 92.7kg
    First GW: 89.0kg
    Second GW: 85.0kg
    Ultimate GW: 70kg
  • iCupCakeNZ
    iCupCakeNZ Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Hey all :)
    I'm Juanita, 21 and weighing in at 97.2 kgs.

SW was 99kgs
    CW 97.2
    GW 55kg

I'm from wellington and would love to be friends with a lot more nz people to chat and be motivated!
  • 007bondage
    007bondage Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Morning all. Just joined this morning. I'm Denise and live in Blenheim. Have four grown up sons - two living in Chch and two that were there last year, but are back home now. Have the need to lose 25-30kgs. I work two part time jobs - both which are office/sitting down type jobs.

This week I have started swimming (have been twice) and had my first session at the gym yesterday.

SW: 95.1 kg - 24 May 2012
    CW: 92.7kg
    First GW: 89.0kg
    Second GW: 85.0kg
    Ultimate GW: 70kg

Hi Denise! Keep us posted on your progress!
  • karinapeterson
    karinapeterson Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Heya, I am known as Karina usually but to others around me it is Mum or hey you occaisionally hun hehe. I have been here since jan 2012 when after a family reunion photos were taken and I cracked the lense, well, that pic should have cracked it haha. Since then I have cracked the 15plus. so glad to be under the hundy again but still a long way to go. Just joined the gym so watch this space. Wana rock a decent bathing suit by October for my holiday in Vanuatu :) Happy to be friends and motivate likely souls

Go us!!

Started 112kg
    Current 93kg
    goal 72ish kg

Gym assessment confirmed my goal weight so at least I know I really do have at least 20kg to go :) Gota start somewhere and at least I have started!! :o)
  • lessfatmatt
    lessfatmatt Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hiya, my name's Matt. I'm a postgrad student in Auckland. I'm at a desk all day, but like to get out and exercise when I can - I play volleyball and have been getting into tramping lately. Would be great to make some more friends on MFP.

SW: 92kg
    CW: 90kg
    GW: 81kg
  • Mercartin
    Mercartin Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi there
    i am Mere and live in Auckland. I have joined MFP to monitor my food and exercise. I have recently developed high blood pressure and am working to lose weight and get fit. I have a fairly sedentary job. My blood sugars are highish too - so no more wine for me !
    Motivation is hard for me but I have started again and have to get healthier. I am inspired by your amazing weight loss successes.I need lots of yays and yahoos to keep going. I use the gym to bike and walk and row. Winter is no fun either but - NO BUTS!!
  • weightloss06
    Options
    Hi there, i've been here a month but have only just found your page. We are farming in the Naki. have gained so much from this site, look forward to talking to you all soon.
  • gypsymoth6
    Options
    Hi, I'm Kris, a librarian from Lower Hutt. Started this two weeks ago and can see it works for me. Knitting is my bliss, and buying gorgeous yarn is my motivation!