EMTWL haters

Options

Replies

• Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Its really no different than the group of women who are eating 2000 cals a day. But I think because we grew so incredibly fast, that people are a bit scared by the notion. Ignorance is bliss to many people.. they would rather put their head in the sand and plug along starving themselves..

Things will change in say 6 months when we show them just how many of us are a SUCCESS doing this way of life..
  • mbts08
    mbts08 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Maybe they have a little jealousy about us being able to eat more.
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    They're just jealous they can't hang with all our awesome awesomeness.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I don't understand it but I do not care. I am not here to convince anyone. I can only show my success.I also get the same thing happen when I talk about intermittent fasting.
  • 2BeHealthy4Life
    Options
    I went to the main forums and promoted EM2WL. The thread reached 500 responses then mfp locked it. I reached people who never heard of the group. Many joined and spreaded the word to others. I received a lot of thank you messages from new supporters as a result of it. A few negative remarks were made but most of them we're willing try the EM2WL method. Sometimes its how you relate your point determines the response or attitude you receive back.

Example: Some people in the EM2WL group has posted on their profile quote If you eat 1200 calories and your starving yourself don't friend me because I want support this type of eating.

Okay .... A person in this situation will get angry first because you totally bashed them. Never gave the person a chance to experience or learn about EM2WL. Your blatantly telling that person you want nothing to do with them.

From my experience people want to try EM2WL but not be handled in that manner....
    Conclusion ...My experienc overall promoting outside the group was very rewarding.

Sometimes when your words are not received in a helpful caring manner you have lost an opportunity to ever be helpful to that individual.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Plus, they don't seem to grasp that "eating more" means "more than the bare minimum" not "more than your body burns in any given day."

I get antsy if I don't have about 1200 calories for budgeted for dinner and an evening snack. I couldn't get by on 1200 total.
  • 2BeHealthy4Life
    Options
    ;))
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    This is true. Just to clarify, I never try and dictate or suggest how others eat or run their lives, I believe that if it works for them, fine. My friends will sometimes ask me what I'm doing and I'm happy to tell them. This thread was purely observational!
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Some of those people also believe that A) We eat as much as we want, B) We eat anything we want, and C) we dont exercise.

They also say the name is misleading and it leads to the 3 conclusions up at the top.

Thats why I always post EM2WL = Eat less than your TDEE but over your BMR when they ask.

Oh well...im here for support and to support people doing the same.
  • Sid422
    Sid422 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'll take this group of supporters over the other boards anyday. Too much drama and some nasty *kitten* going on sometimes. They don't want to eat well and not be hungry. What can I say:
    deadhorse.gif

I'm pretty new here but you guys have been awesome. So to the haters I say: 10_6_10.gif
  • Erihppas
    Erihppas Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    It goes both ways.. (just playing devil's advocate, [obviously I'm a fan of EM2WL])
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I went to the main forums and promoted EM2WL. The thread reached 500 responses then mfp locked it. I reached people who never heard of the group. Many joined and spreaded the word to others. I received a lot of thank you messages from new supporters as a result of it. A few negative remarks were made but most of them we're willing try the EM2WL method. Sometimes its how you relate your point determines the response or attitude you receive back.

Example: Some people in the EM2WL group has posted on their profile quote If you eat 1200 calories and your starving yourself don't friend me because I want support this type of eating.

Okay .... A person in this situation will get angry first because you totally bashed them. Never gave the person a chance to experience or learn about EM2WL. Your blatantly telling that person you want nothing to do with them.

From my experience people want to try EM2WL but not be handled in that manner....
    Conclusion ...My experienc overall promoting outside the group was very rewarding.

Sometimes when your words are not received in a helpful caring manner you have lost an opportunity to ever be helpful to that individual.

I love this.
  • grimm1974
    grimm1974 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I discovered this group a couple of months ago after someone had started a thread about it. Its really been the best thing to happen to me since I found MFP. I am eating eating almost double what I was eating and now losing a bit over 1lb a week. I can understand why some people don't believe in it. It just seems too good to be true. However, I am a bit of a math geek and the math definitely supports EM2WL.
  • polza1888
    polza1888 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Joining this group has made me get over my 'stall' which I've struggled with for the past year, so I'm here to stay :)

Hate the Haters :-p
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I think there's so much emotion tied to all of our personal journeys. I don't take it personally. I think it's hard for someone who feels like a different way is the "right" answer to hear so many of us saying that low-cal is wrong. I try to be as polite as I can and not get my feathers too ruffled - they might come around someday.
  • oonga
    oonga Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Mike you mean the other way around right?? Below TDEE but above BMR :wink:
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Mike you mean the other way around right?? Below TDEE but above BMR :wink:

Hahah good catch, I was tired from my hike.
  • nettasaura
    nettasaura Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I don't mind being friends with 1200 calorie eaters.....and as long as they don't try to tell me what I am doing is wrong, I will have some respect for their choice too. However....if any gets snippy with me, I'll nix them. I did get concerned with how little someone was eating at one point, and made sure I kept all my responses in the vein of being concerned for the person, but they swore they had their BMR pro measured and it was just insanely low, so I let it rest and we moved back on to supporting each other. I am not anyone's mother or boss and I am going to do my best to act properly, but it would be nice to not encounter so much negativity about our chosen method.

I think people have just been religiously fed caloric dogma for so long, they can't comprehend a different method where they don't have to starve all the time....it DID take me a few weeks to even wrap my head around this and I did a lot of reading and video watching, but then I didn't just dip a toe in, I did a full blown canonball (PS - I am NOT going back.....EVER!). Just remember that a single pebble tossed into a large still pond creates many ripples. The message will be delivered, slowly, but surely....even if it IS only a trickle down effect at first!
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Love this thread. I have mentioned before, I appreciate the respect that we all have for one another and the welcoming environment. I chose not to debate, but share the information in love. Honestly, most of the time these days I don't have time to get on the main boards too often, but if I see a "Help" I go right out there, friend and then send an invite to the group. Allow people to make their own decisions, I don't think there has been a time they haven't read for themselves and been happy EM2WL family additions...:smile:
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Well I would rather be a part of this cult and losing more weight eating 2000 calories a day instead of 1200. so they can all bite me.

"Drinkin' the Kool Aid wif my peeps" :heart: :heart: :heart:
    lol:drinker: