Any Natural Hair Groups???

Options

Replies

• mocha106
    mocha106 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have been natural since 2007, but in 2010 I got my sisterlocs and have not looked back. I love my hair:) I am real big on natural hair care, I make sure I spray my hair every morning with my mixture and make sure I wash my hair with natural products. Natural hair just makes it so much easier to work out and not worry about what my hair will look like...

I've had sisterlocks for a little over 3 years now and I love them. I especially love the convenience when I workout. I wore my hear loose natural for six years prior to getting sisterlocks.
  • immarungirl
    immarungirl Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I am natural I haven't relaxed since July 2010 and had a mini BC March 2011. Add me if you'd like :)
  • isis2triple0
    isis2triple0 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm transitioning my last perm was about 6 months ago before that I had almost a year under my belt then that creamy crack got the best of me! but, I'm not going back this time it's just time out for the chemicals besides my natural hair is so beautiful why not rock it. My hair journey and my weight loss are not separate for me because with me working out and sweating so bad it has made me have to pay more attention to my hair and take better care of it, weight loss is what actually made me decide to go natural. I felt like I'm slowly exposing the real me so why not expose her hair also!! lol
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    I'm transitioning my last perm was about 6 months ago before that I had almost a year under my belt then that creamy crack got the best of me! but, I'm not going back this time it's just time out for the chemicals besides my natural hair is so beautiful why not rock it. My hair journey and my weight loss are not separate for me because with me working out and sweating so bad it has made me have to pay more attention to my hair and take better care of it, weight loss is what actually made me decide to go natural. I felt like I'm slowly exposing the real me so why not expose her hair also!! lol

I love this!! I agree completely that ones weightloss journey, and their hair journey can go hand in hand. Working out has made me completely aware of my hair and body,and the beauty they both hold. Potential and present. I wish you continued success on your journey :happy:
  • blazingmissp
    blazingmissp Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I went natural about 7 years ago. I was sick of always having to put chemicals in my hair, and when I became pregnant I decided to stop. I haven't went back since and I love it. Sometime I do look at cute current hair styles on celebrities and think it would be nice to have that style, but I don't want the hassle of it all. Also, with working out and sweating it is just not going to work for me and non-natural hair.
  • blackdiva60
    blackdiva60 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I went natural March of last year. I was wearing micro breads for a while. I still like them however, I remembered how I rocked a large Afro in my junior high school days. Since I had only 1/12 inches of permed hair at the ends, I decided to transition to " au naturel" I love it! I can section and twist it to get spiral waves, or use short twistie rods to get a curly fro, or just wear a large "power to the people" afro. When I work out I usually pull it back and have a large afro puff with a sweat band. I received so many compliments. More so than when my hair was "relaxed." If you go to "Essence.com" you"ll see sistas rocked afrocentric hairstyles in other parts of the US and Europe! We're doing it!
  • evlipford
    evlipford Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Ive been going natural for over a year now and my hair is finally about two inches past my shoulders but I keep it braided...I love tree braids and hair period so no shame in my game. #ADDME :)
  • Curvimami
    Options
    I went natural about 7 years ago. I was sick of always having to put chemicals in my hair, and when I became pregnant I decided to stop. I haven't went back since and I love it. Sometime I do look at cute current hair styles on celebrities and think it would be nice to have that style, but I don't want the hassle of it all. Also, with working out and sweating it is just not going to work for me and non-natural hair.

Thats whats so great about being natural. If you see a style you can have it done. And then go right back to your curls when you're ready. So versatile
  • Pammilla2000
    Pammilla2000 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I did the big chop in August 2011 because I was tired of it all. It was like starting over for me and I'm so glad that I did. My scalp feels better, I love the way that my hair feels and I embrace the naps, coils & kinks in between. #ProudlyNatural
  • soosweet1920
    soosweet1920 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I don't think I am really on a natural hair journey. I went natural in Aug. 2011 and I take care of my hair but I really do not put much thought into it. I do read blogs and forums and stuff but I kind of just leave it alone and let it do its thing. I don't really read all of the use this use that don't use this stuff. I just do what works for that day. However, I will say when I picture myself the size I want to be my hair plays a part in the whole picture. I see myself thick and fit with pretty hair if that makes sense. I think I am more on a life journey than a hair journey. Sorry that was rambling lol
  • Curvimami
    Options
    I don't think I am really on a natural hair journey. I went natural in Aug. 2011 and I take care of my hair but I really do not put much thought into it. I do read blogs and forums and stuff but I kind of just leave it alone and let it do its thing. I don't really read all of the use this use that don't use this stuff. I just do what works for that day. However, I will say when I picture myself the size I want to be my hair plays a part in the whole picture. I see myself thick and fit with pretty hair if that makes sense. I think I am more on a life journey than a hair journey. Sorry that was rambling lol

No I completely understand.lol. I guess I am on a life journey as well. Sounds good. Guess we all are really. Good luck to you :happy:
  • Rochie81
    Rochie81 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I have been natural off and on for about 10 years now. I finally made the decision to stay natural in 2008 because with my hair being fine it was always so limp when I permed it. I love my hair because I feel like I have so many more styling options and because it looks so much healthier.
  • Dianielle
    Dianielle Posts: 50
    Options
    Please add me!!! I ve got my last perm June 2011. I cut all my perm hair off in Jan 2012., and started my locs March.17. Im on a weight loss journey and hair journey. SO YES ADD ME.lol
  • janile1
    janile1 Posts: 23
    Options
    I'm natural! BC on July 16, 2011. Last relaxer Sept 2010. I love how healthy my hair is and my natural styles!
  • Pammilla2000
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

I'm on a natural hair journey/weight loss journey as well. I BC'd January 15, 2012. I guess I sort of combine both my journies. My excuse for not cutting my hair sooner was "I want to lose weight first". I'm so glad that I didn't wait. For me, it's fun to see my weight go down as my hair grows. For some reason I connect the two. To me, they both are a symbol of overall health, wellness, and freedom.....freedom from relaxers/chemicals and societal expectations, as well as freedom from this weight that has been holding me back my whole life.
    That was my excuse to!! I'm so glad that I went on and chopped it off. The two go hand in hand now.
  • Pammilla2000
    Options
    I'm natural! BC on July 16, 2011. Last relaxer Sept 2010. I love how healthy my hair is and my natural styles!
    I love it too. We can do so many different things with our natural hair. Wondering why I didn't do it sooner but so glad that I am embracing it now like so many others. We should be so proud of what's ours. #TeamNatural
  • Empressmee
    Empressmee Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I've went natural in 2005 and loc'd in 2007 I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!! I wish I'd done it a long time ago! My hair is much healthier going natural was the best thing ever for it.
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I did the BC in Feb of this year. I don't see why the journeys have to be different. I feel like I decided to stop making unhealthy choices for my hair and my body. Both decisions have lead to amazing realizations. Add me!
  • naturaldiv4
    Options
    wow I am glad I found this topic i was thinking about if there was a group on here for women who are natural. I have been natural for about 2 years and it is one of the best decision I have ever made. My hair is much healthier and much thicker. I am currently using Kinky Curl products but i am open to try new things. Any suggestions????
  • MeltingMadame
    MeltingMadame Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've been natural for 10 years. At times I get frustrated because my hair is very sensitive to humidity and water. But, I still continue because I don't like the feeling of new growth.