06/24-06/30 Run, Walk and Crawl

Options
reese66
reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
Champions do not become champions when they win the event, but in the hours, weeks, months and years they spend preparing for it. The victorious performance itself is merely the demonstration of their championship character.
-- T. Alan Armstrong

Running is the greatest metaphor for life,
because you get out of it what you put into it.
-Oprah Winfrey

15 miles starting Sunday and ending Saturday... Yep that easy and you know you can do it! Just log your daily miles, the total miles for the week and encourage your fellow challengers to make their goals, yep it's that easy.

"Run when you can. Walk when you must. Crawl if you have to. Just never give up." Dean Karnazes, the Ultramarathon Man

For the folks returning you know that the 15 miles is not the main goal. The main goal is just to get up and get moving, if you don't meet it that's fine and you surpass it, well that just freaking rocks.

For new comers the preferred method of posting miles would be:

Sunday-miles-what you did Monday-miles-what you did Tuesday-miles-what you did So on and so forth, posted daily or when the miles occur...

Total- Running total for the week thus far

As always this is not set in stone, if you post every other day or whatever fits into your schedule, but please try to stay close to the above format.

For those folks that don't do miles

http://www.digitaldutch.com/unitconverter/

for conversion to be made easy (Thanks Nonafit)

Now let's get moving folks :)

No matter who you are, no matter what you do,
you absolutely, positively do have the power to change.
-Bill Phillips

Replies

• nonafit
    nonafit Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    24/6 - 10 km (running/walking/crawling) and 3k walking/limping after (can't help it I am a self pampered baby) :flowerforyou:

oh yes Reese - I manage to get a 'boy'sitter about 50 km away :ohwell: . Too bad my sister and her hubby stays for far. She will be moving near to my place soon. We are planning on cycling when we get together. :smile: :happy:
  • nonafit
    Options
    Anyway I though to get my self really accountable. I will put in my planned mileage for the week and tick it off when done.

24/6 - walk/run - 13 km [done] :happy:
    25/6 - elliptical - 3.2 km
    26/6 - swim - 0.5 km
    27/6 - badminton -
    28/6 - walk - 5 km
    29/6 - rest day - 0
    30/6 - elliptical - 3.2 km
  • reese66
    Options
    Anyway I though to get my self really accountable. I will put in my planned mileage for the week and tick it off when done.

25/6 - elliptical - 3.2 km
    26/6 - swim - 0.5 km
    27/6 - badminton -
    28/6 - walk - 5 km
    29/6 - rest day - 0

Pre-planned now that's a great idea :)
  • reese66
    Options
    24/6 - 10 km (running/walking/crawling) and 3k walking/limping after (can't help it I am a self pampered baby) :flowerforyou:

oh yes Reese - I manage to get a 'boy'sitter about 50 km away :ohwell: . Too bad my sister and her hubby stays for far. She will be moving near to my place soon. We are planning on cycling when we get together. :smile: :happy:

Fantastic job on the 10k, you are amazing!!! (I have on scheduled at the end of September, cant wait.)

Glad the sitter thing worked out, I would have a done it, might have had to split airfare and you might have had a new room mate for about a week, :wink: :laugh:

I have been wanting to get a bike, going to start saving for one. That will be a great way for you and your sister to spend some quality time while getting fit at the same time.:drinker:
  • wiglet23
    wiglet23 Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    SUN: 4.01mi Run (yes, people it is a real scorcher out there!! 84˚F when I started, 89˚F [on its way to 101 today] when I finished. Even stopped to soak my head, shirt.. well, everything! at the water fountain along Adams Dairy Pkwy! helped for a lil while...)

4.01mi ~ Run/Walk/Crawl
    mi ~ Cycling
    4.01 ~ Total Miles
  • yportia
    yportia Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Sunday - 2.73 miles walked

Total so far 2.73 miles
  • nonafit
    Options
    SUN: 4.01mi Run (yes, people it is a real scorcher out there!! 84˚F when I started, 89˚F [on its way to 101 today] when I finished. Even stopped to soak my head, shirt.. well, everything! at the water fountain along Adams Dairy Pkwy! helped for a lil while...)

4.01mi ~ Run/Walk/Crawl
    mi ~ Cycling
    4.01 ~ Total Miles

You should be here then - sitting right beside the equator line the temp is 93-95˚F :drinker:
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    @Nonafit - CONGRATS on your 10K! woot!

@yportia and wiglet - great start to the week

@reesey - you should patent that 'global babysitting' concept - stat!

great way to kick off the week!
  • luvmybeebees
    luvmybeebees Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Good mornin everyone!

Sun - 0

@ nonafit -Congrats on your 10k!! I have one planned for September also.

I love the pre planning for the week. I will look at my calendar, and do the same!

Have a wonderful day! :flowerforyou:
  • nonafit
    Options
    Thanks guys!!!

@luymybeebees - try the preplanning and see how it goes. I wanted give in today due the soreness of yesterday but as I had 'pledged' I hopped on my ellip! Not all 3.2k but at least part of it.
  • nonafit
    Options

25/6 - elliptical - 3.2 km [done - 1.5k] :ohwell:
    26/6 - swim - 0.5 km
    27/6 - badminton -
    28/6 - walk - 5 km
    29/6 - rest day - 0
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Sunday - 9 miles cycling

Fun ride with DH and son again - this time attached the tag along bike to mine, so I really got a good workout!!
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    Sunday - 9 miles cycling

Fun ride with DH and son again - this time attached the tag along bike to mine, so I really got a good workout!!

^ Excellent workout...and fun!

- - -
    Sun: 0 miles
    Mon: 3 miles
  • beccerab
    beccerab Posts: 22
    Options
    Sunday-- 1.74
    Monday--2.43 ( so far)

Total so far: 4.17
  • thinktank32k
    thinktank32k Posts: 716
    Options
    6/24 0
    6/25 3.1 mile run
  • reese66
    Options
    @Nonafit - CONGRATS on your 10K! woot!

@yportia and wiglet - great start to the week

@reesey - you should patent that 'global babysitting' concept - stat!

great way to kick off the week!

I will get right on that, LOL...
  • reese66
    Options
    Sunday-- 1.74
    Monday--2.43 ( so far)

Kickin some butt so far, great job!!!
  • reese66
    Options
    6/24 0
    6/25 3.1 mile run

Nice going Tank, you rock as always!
  • reese66
    Options

4.01mi ~ Run/Walk/Crawl
    mi ~ Cycling
    4.01 ~ Total Miles

Damn girl, you rock!!!
  • beccerab
    beccerab Posts: 22
    Options
    Sunday-- 1.74
    Monday--2.43 ( so far)

make that :
    Sunday-- 1.74