Metabolism Reset - Eating at TDEE Support Thread

Options

Replies

• jomatho
    jomatho Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Just finished week 8 of my reset! Woohoo! I was supposed to start my cut today, but with what is going on this weekend, I think I will wait and start either Sunday or Monday, but no later. I have a feeling it would be easy to just keep putting it off if I let myself.
    Hope everyone is doing well!
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Just finished week 8 of my reset! Woohoo! I was supposed to start my cut today, but with what is going on this weekend, I think I will wait and start either Sunday or Monday, but no later. I have a feeling it would be easy to just keep putting it off if I let myself.
    I think this is week nine...I have lost count. Will do so for another three weeks then 10% for me...
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    This is week 8 on the reset for me and this is the first week I've been significantly up on the scale (1.8 pounds). Before that I was only up 1.2 over a 7 week period. It's also the first week that I've had a BodyMedia core. It says my average for this past week was 2570 which is 200 cals more that what I've been eating (per Scooby).
    I really didn't think I was doing that much...walk the dog 1-2x a day, total of 4-5 hrs/wk (yes moderate activity). The only thing I've done extra this week was clean the carpet yesterday (but that was only an extra 100 cals burned).
    So, I guess I'll bump it up to 2570 this week to see what happens.
    Right?

Im jealous of you on two fronts...
    1. You have a Body Fit Media..
    2. You are on week 8

That is all..:laugh:

Don't be too jealous, I just decided to extend my reset for 4 more weeks. Starting New Rules Sunday, will adjust cals to account for the increase in activity.

I hope you like NROL... I just completed Stage 2 today:) I am DYING to cut so I can see what muscles have been developing underneath the fat. Ive gained in inches since being on Reset, and I really want to know if my hard work at the gym has paid off in this... Im honestly scared to death that nothing will change and Ive been lifting for 8 weeks for no results...
  • terrigrace
    terrigrace Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Wow! Part 3 already.

Don't panic about resetting your ticker or losing your awesome record. Go to the "technical difficulties" thread here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/279014-days-in-a-row-incorrect

complete the form, and the website moderators should be able to fix it for you.
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I think this is week nine...I have lost count. Will do so for another three weeks then 10% for me...

Congrats Ladies!! Now that I am in Reset mode, I can really identify with the struggles everyone is talking about and getting to Weeks 8 or 9 really IS an accomplishment!!

And wait, it wouldn't be me without a smiley::flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • carriea67
    carriea67 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    @jomatho - Yeah! So excited to hear about your progress with your cut...congrats on making your goal of 8 weeks.

@Lucia - LOL - you are the reset jedi -- lost count while the rest of us can tell you down to the hour what week we are in :).

@Rayann1 - your hard works has & will continue to pay off...you are stronger & have better workouts than before you started this process....I have faith in you....

@terrigrace - nice tip - thanks!

@rosie - first I love your profile pictures....secondly enjoy the reset...the first couple weeks are hard but then it becomes freeing in a strange way to not worry so much about every little morsel of food.

I am just finishing week 5 and my weight gain is holding steady between 3-5 pounds. My bigger summer clothes still fit so for that I am grateful. I was looking at my diary and trying to figure out what I was going to not eat once I start my cut....I think that's another sign that this reset is working :).

Happy Friday - keep cool this weekend and stay hydrated. Not sure where everyone is but it's supposed to be beastly hot here (Washington, DC metro area).
  • slm0257
    slm0257 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Can someone please help me? I am considering doing a reset but trying to figure out if I'm doing this right

height 65 inches
    weight 132
    age 32
    activity: moderate category

Using Scooby calculator, my TDEE is 2135 so I eat this for 8 weeks (still working out since that's the activity multiplier I accounted for?). And this is total calories consumed (not NET)? Do I not worry about net calories anymore (unless my NET is below BMR?)

Then after 8 weeks, I cut 15% (which based on scooby was 1815. And again, this is total cals? Not NET? The whole calories in vs NET calories always confuses the heck outta me. :grumble:
  • knowak82
    knowak82 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Can someone please help me? I am considering doing a reset but trying to figure out if I'm doing this right

height 65 inches
    weight 132
    age 32

Using Scooby calculator, my TDEE is 2135 so I eat this for 8 weeks (still working out since that's the activity multiplier I accounted for?). And this is total calories consumed (not NET)? Do I not worry about net calories anymore (unless my NET is below BMR?)

Then after 8 weeks, I cut 15% (which based on scooby was 1815. And again, this is total cals? Not NET? The whole calories in vs NET calories always confuses the heck outta me. :grumble:

Sounds like you got it! You go by TOTAL cals, unless your NET drops below BMR due to exercise.

There is a post around here somewhere regarding when you know you're body is ready to finally "cut" when doing a reset, because it can be longer or shorter than the 8 weeks, depending on the person...let me see if I can find it...

Ah-ha! Found it...

Note: From Kiki: "4-6 weeks is minimum, 8-12 is even better. I did take 3+ months, because most research that I'd done showed that it could take up 6 months, and I didn't wanna chance it, & quit early. It's personal, which is why there is no definite time given. The whole point of the reset is for the individual to get in touch with their own body and understand it better. Most people will rush the process, which is fine, because, they feel overly bloated and full (& again, it's personal) The only thing to consider with that is that there is a high probability that if you're still feeling stuffed, you haven't fully reset. So as far as signs to look for, that was mine. When I went to cut, I had completely "plateaued." Meaning, I was no longer gaining and did not feel overly stuffed. I didn't have any more bloating, & was completely comfortable eating that amount of food. When people are feeling "relieved" at the thought of cutting, because they are looking forward to less food, it's kind of a red flag for me, that things aren't *completely* fixed. But, at the very least, they've eaten at higher cals long enough to give the metabolism a little boost, & if they take diet breaks every 6-10 wks, it can typically still work out fine."

Hope this helps! And welcome to the party! :drinker:
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I just started my 7th week of reset and I have 4 weeks left. I feel like I am crawling the walls. It's one of those days where the scale is really getting to me (even though I know it's reflecting salty food and humidity more than calorie intake) and I am feeling so anxious to just cut already. Being sick for 3 weeks straight totally killed my workout mojo and I am struggling to get back into the routine I had carved out.

It's a major self pep talk day. I feel so blah. How is everyone else doing?
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    bump
  • slm0257
    slm0257 Posts: 77 Member
    Options

height 65 inches
    weight 132
    age 32

Sounds like you got it! You go by TOTAL cals, unless your NET drops below BMR due to exercise.

There is a post around here somewhere regarding when you know you're body is ready to finally "cut" when doing a reset, because it can be longer or shorter than the 8 weeks, depending on the person...let me see if I can find it...

Ah-ha! Found it...

Note: From Kiki: "4-6 weeks is minimum, 8-12 is even better. I did take 3+ months, because most research that I'd done showed that it could take up 6 months, and I didn't wanna chance it, & quit early. It's personal, which is why there is no definite time given. The whole point of the reset is for the individual to get in touch with their own body and understand it better. Most people will rush the process, which is fine, because, they feel overly bloated and full (& again, it's personal) The only thing to consider with that is that there is a high probability that if you're still feeling stuffed, you haven't fully reset. So as far as signs to look for, that was mine. When I went to cut, I had completely "plateaued." Meaning, I was no longer gaining and did not feel overly stuffed. I didn't have any more bloating, & was completely comfortable eating that amount of food. When people are feeling "relieved" at the thought of cutting, because they are looking forward to less food, it's kind of a red flag for me, that things aren't *completely* fixed. But, at the very least, they've eaten at higher cals long enough to give the metabolism a little boost, & if they take diet breaks every 6-10 wks, it can typically still work out fine."

Hope this helps! And welcome to the party! :drinker:

Thanks! I've been eating close to my TDEE lately (but not every day) so I'm hoping that its not going to be too big of a jump for me. I really struggle with my macros being on target though.
  • carriea67
    carriea67 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I just started my 7th week of reset and I have 4 weeks left. I feel like I am crawling the walls. It's one of those days where the scale is really getting to me (even though I know it's reflecting salty food and humidity more than calorie intake) and I am feeling so anxious to just cut already. Being sick for 3 weeks straight totally killed my workout mojo and I am struggling to get back into the routine I had carved out.

It's a major self pep talk day. I feel so blah. How is everyone else doing?

Toss the scale out the window and let it cook in the sun for awhile! Wow - you are already 7 weeks in and are on the downward slide to cut....

I feel you about getting back into the swing of the work-out especially after being sick...and it's hot so I don't want to sweat any more than I have to :).

You got this!
  • Meaganandcheese
    Options
    Toss the scale out the window and let it cook in the sun for awhile! Wow - you are already 7 weeks in and are on the downward slide to cut....

I feel you about getting back into the swing of the work-out especially after being sick...and it's hot so I don't want to sweat any more than I have to :).

You got this!

Thanks Carrie. I'd been so good about avoiding the scale until today!
  • mjj79
    mjj79 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    ok. ready to try this. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK. Can ya tell i'm scared ?!?! My history is prob. like most of you ... yo yo dieting for yrs. After 5 kiddos in 5 yrs i did medifast and lost 45 lbs in 6 months. Great. then the holidays hit and any time i ate above 900 cals i gained weight. Gained 10 lbs over holidays and then, even when i went back to doing 900 cals, couldn't lose. Sooooo, here i am. I've been trying all calorie variations... 1200, 1400, 900 etc... NO consistency and no losing. (Some gaining.) I also do p90x 4 to 6 times a week.

So, i'm ready to try this, but scared. My TDEE is 2600!!!!! AAAACK! Def. not looking forward to gaining in short term, but wanna be healthy so I can teach my kids to be healthy. (And so i can stop OBSESSING.)

I've been watching 31proberbs' youtube videos which have been great and getting advice from mturgeon05. So, here goes.....:noway:
  • Settuccini
    Settuccini Posts: 44
    Options
    Has anyone done the reset who experiences Hypothyroid issues? Did you lower your calories to accommodate having a naturally under-active thyroid, or did it seem not to effect you? I'm definitely doing the reset, I just don't know if I should be eating at 1560 (slowly working my way up there) or stay around 1400-ish.

For the record, I'm 20, female, 5'2.5" and about 114 pounds!

Thanks to anyone who answers!
  • Meaganandcheese
    Options
    ok. ready to try this. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK. Can ya tell i'm scared ?!?! My history is prob. like most of you ... yo yo dieting for yrs. After 5 kiddos in 5 yrs i did medifast and lost 45 lbs in 6 months. Great. then the holidays hit and any time i ate above 900 cals i gained weight. Gained 10 lbs over holidays and then, even when i went back to doing 900 cals, couldn't lose. Sooooo, here i am. I've been trying all calorie variations... 1200, 1400, 900 etc... NO consistency and no losing. (Some gaining.) I also do p90x 4 to 6 times a week.

So, i'm ready to try this, but scared. My TDEE is 2600!!!!! AAAACK! Def. not looking forward to gaining in short term, but wanna be healthy so I can teach my kids to be healthy. (And so i can stop OBSESSING.)

I've been watching 31proberbs' youtube videos which have been great and getting advice from mturgeon05. So, here goes.....:noway:

Hi and welcome! I am eating 2600 daily as well, if you want to connect and share diaries! It's not as hard to hit it as you think!
  • opalmel
    opalmel Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hello all, just checking in.
    Today marks the end of my 5th week of reset. I feel pretty good this week and am having an easier time getting my calories in every day. I guess that means this is working for me.
    I weighed this morning and found I had lost 1.4 lbs since last Friday. Now I am only up 2.8 since I started the reset which is great. I've also had more energy to do my Insanity workouts so the extra food is helping. Three more weeks to go! I can't wait until I can cut!

Opal
  • mjj79
    mjj79 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Never thought i'd say this but i dont wanna eat anything else today :/ i still need to eat about 400 cals worth of wat i logged into my diary for today. Feel like i'm gonna pop! Boy do i hope this works..... (btw anyone here who it didn't work for ?l

It's a little scary to see the projected MFP "loss" in 5 weeks be a gain :/ i know it is long term results i need to focus on, but day 1 is scary!
  • lucyhoneychurch
    lucyhoneychurch Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Checking in. Finishing my 6th week on reset, starting my cut on Monday. Although I have been anxious to start the cut, I resolved to do it after the July 4th holiday "week". We just finished the leftover burgers from Wednesday's cookout. I have really been slacking on my exercise, however. The mornings have been crazy-busy, and when I don't get a workout done in the morning, I tend to just let the rest of the day happen. My 2nd lifting day this week was cancelled because the gyms were closed on July 4th. But these are excuses, I know. Still important to exercise. Soooo.... tomorrow morning I'll make a date with Jillian Michaels and get some HIIT done! I will also be relishing eating at 2400 for two more days, and then will take the 15% cut.

Of course, the 100+degree heat seems to slow activity down for everyone here in the midwest. It's a scorcher!!!
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options

Hi and Welcome.
    Great decision to get your body healthy again. Don't worry, we will help you along the way. Your body will thank you for it.
    I know 2600 seems a lot to begin with, but you will get there. Make sure to hit your protein levels, which are around 180 grams. If you need any help, just give us a shout.