Metabolism Reset - Eating at TDEE Support Thread

Options

Replies

• Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Never thought i'd say this but i dont wanna eat anything else today :/ i still need to eat about 400 cals worth of wat i logged into my diary for today. Feel like i'm gonna pop! Boy do i hope this works..... (btw anyone here who it didn't work for ?l

It's a little scary to see the projected MFP "loss" in 5 weeks be a gain :/ i know it is long term results i need to focus on, but day 1 is scary!
    Don't worry about the MFP prediction. They are off.
    It will get easier with time to get your cals in.
  • mjj79
    mjj79 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    ok. ready to try this. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK. Can ya tell i'm scared ?!?! My history is prob. like most of you ... yo yo dieting for yrs. After 5 kiddos in 5 yrs i did medifast and lost 45 lbs in 6 months. Great. then the holidays hit and any time i ate above 900 cals i gained weight. Gained 10 lbs over holidays and then, even when i went back to doing 900 cals, couldn't lose. Sooooo, here i am. I've been trying all calorie variations... 1200, 1400, 900 etc... NO consistency and no losing. (Some gaining.) I also do p90x 4 to 6 times a week.

So, i'm ready to try this, but scared. My TDEE is 2600!!!!! AAAACK! Def. not looking forward to gaining in short term, but wanna be healthy so I can teach my kids to be healthy. (And so i can stop OBSESSING.)

I've been watching 31proberbs' youtube videos which have been great and getting advice from mturgeon05. So, here
    goes.....:noway:
    Hi and Welcome.
    Great decision to get your body healthy again. Don't worry, we will help you along the way. Your body will thank you for it.
    I know 2600 seems a lot to begin with, but you will get there. Make sure to hit your protein levels, which are around 180 grams. If you need any help, just give us a shout.

Thanks!
  • mjj79
    Options
    Never thought i'd say this but i dont wanna eat anything else today :/ i still need to eat about 400 cals worth of wat i logged into my diary for today. Feel like i'm gonna pop! Boy do i hope this works..... (btw anyone here who it didn't work for ?l

It's a little scary to see the projected MFP "loss" in 5 weeks be a gain :/ i know it is long term results i need to focus on, but day 1 is scary!
    Don't worry about the MFP prediction. They are off.
    It will get easier with time to get your cals in.
    Thanks!
  • Cilenia
    Cilenia Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    So ive decided today that i need to do a metabolic reset, after being on 1200 calories for just over a year and reaching my goalweight i wasnt happy with my maintenance calories. Also my Bodymedia Fit told me i burned way more then i was eating and still i was gaining. Something is wrong in my body...

Ive put my calories at 2100 instead of the 1800 i was eating per day. Ive already gained 2 kg over the past 3 weeks when i upped my calories last time.... hoping it wont be more, else i wont have any jeans to wear anymore ><

Now im off to figure out healthy snacks that i high in calories to make my 2100 calories a day
  • niknak0508
    niknak0508 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!! I am only on the first week of this resent! My TDEE is 2308 calories. I've had a little trouble eating that many calories some days though. Is that normal for the first couple of weeks?? I think I need help figuring out foods to fulfill this......??

I've also gained weight this week already......which scared me but I don't wan to give up so I will just keep plugging along. I've been working out w/ Jillian Michaels DVDs, I mix them up between 6week six pack, metabolism boost, no more trouble zones, and also use the Biggest Loser DVDs as well (power sculpt and power walk) then most days I go to the gym during my lunch hour for 30 minutes and some days I walk/jog as well. So I do a mixture of things.

IS there anyone else here just starting out??? I'd really like support from newbies, even from those of you who have been doing it for a while, I would love to have some extra friends! :-)

Nicole
  • mjj79
    Options
    ok. ready to try this. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK. Can ya tell i'm scared ?!?! My history is prob. like most of you ... yo yo dieting for yrs. After 5 kiddos in 5 yrs i did medifast and lost 45 lbs in 6 months. Great. then the holidays hit and any time i ate above 900 cals i gained weight. Gained 10 lbs over holidays and then, even when i went back to doing 900 cals, couldn't lose. Sooooo, here i am. I've been trying all calorie variations... 1200, 1400, 900 etc... NO consistency and no losing. (Some gaining.) I also do p90x 4 to 6 times a week.

So, i'm ready to try this, but scared. My TDEE is 2600!!!!! AAAACK! Def. not looking forward to gaining in short term, but wanna be healthy so I can teach my kids to be healthy. (And so i can stop OBSESSING.)

I've been watching 31proberbs' youtube videos which have been great and getting advice from mturgeon05. So, here goes.....:noway:

Hi and welcome! I am eating 2600 daily as well, if you want to connect and share diaries! It's not as hard to hit it as you think!
    Thanks! I'll have to peek at your diary to get some ideas :)
  • mjj79
    Options
    Hi Everyone!! I am only on the first week of this resent! My TDEE is 2308 calories. I've had a little trouble eating that many calories some days though. Is that normal for the first couple of weeks?? I think I need help figuring out foods to fulfill this......??

I've also gained weight this week already......which scared me but I don't wan to give up so I will just keep plugging along. I've been working out w/ Jillian Michaels DVDs, I mix them up between 6week six pack, metabolism boost, no more trouble zones, and also use the Biggest Loser DVDs as well (power sculpt and power walk) then most days I go to the gym during my lunch hour for 30 minutes and some days I walk/jog as well. So I do a mixture of things.

IS there anyone else here just starting out??? I'd really like support from newbies, even from those of you who have been doing it for a while, I would love to have some extra friends! :-)

Nicole

I just started yesterday too and i'm nervous! (My weight is already up this morning.) I can't imagine eating like this for weeks, but lots of people have had success so i'm trusting it will work :)
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options

Nicole

I just started yesterday too and i'm nervous! (My weight is already up this morning.) I can't imagine eating like this for weeks, but lots of people have had success so i'm trusting it will work :)

It gets easier:).. I started at 1400 cals and jumped up to 2800 in a few weeks.. It is overwhelming to start but eventually your body goes "whoa!!! food!!" and starts revving up and wants more..

Put the scale away... most of us gain while at reset, so if you are the type of person where seeing the scale jump will hinder your progress, then put it away so you concentrate on eating and feeling better. Take measurements!!

Work on getting your protein in. thats most important.. things like beans, greek yogurt, protein shakes and powders, lean meats, nuts etc can help make you feel full easier.. work on limiting processed foods and watch your salt intakes.. drink water!!:)

It does get easier the longer you are doing it.. I promise:)
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Been pretty absent...sorry guys. Going into almost week 7. Not sure I can keep this up. I took some pics today and I just want to cry when I look at them...I'm also up 6 pounds now (TOM on the way, 105 degrees for a week, INTENSE water retention). You guys are all doing great! Keep hanging in there!
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    So ive decided today that i need to do a metabolic reset, after being on 1200 calories for just over a year and reaching my goalweight i wasnt happy with my maintenance calories. Also my Bodymedia Fit told me i burned way more then i was eating and still i was gaining. Something is wrong in my body...

Ive put my calories at 2100 instead of the 1800 i was eating per day. Ive already gained 2 kg over the past 3 weeks when i upped my calories last time.... hoping it wont be more, else i wont have any jeans to wear anymore ><

Now im off to figure out healthy snacks that i high in calories to make my 2100 calories a day

This sounds so much like me about 6 months ago. Hang in there. It will get better, you just need to do a little metabolism repair. You will probably gain a little bit of weight but it should even out towards the end. Given your dieting history I would recommend a 6-8 week reset.
  • lh1626
    lh1626 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone....I started eating at my TDEE of 2200 calories about 3 weeks ago. The scale has stayed the same but I feel disgusting! I am trying to be patient and enjoy my food, but mentally it is difficult. My clothes are tight!

Anyway....I am going to keep with this and will hopefully see some progress when I start my cut!

Good luck to everyone!
  • Noor13
    Options
    Hi everyone....I started eating at my TDEE of 2200 calories about 3 weeks ago. The scale has stayed the same but I feel disgusting! I am trying to be patient and enjoy my food, but mentally it is difficult. My clothes are tight!

Anyway....I am going to keep with this and will hopefully see some progress when I start my cut!

Good luck to everyone!

I wished the scale would have stayed the same. I am in for 6 weeks now and I have gained 10 lbs. I want to cry. But I will finish it-no matter what. I have to prove to myself that it is working! And I know it is!
  • slm0257
    slm0257 Posts: 77 Member
    Options

Nicole

I just started yesterday as well. Feeling kinda pudgy already! Sticking with it though!
  • skbarton
    skbarton Posts: 141 Member
    Options

Good luck to everyone!

I wished the scale would have stayed the same. I am in for 6 weeks now and I have gained 10 lbs. I want to cry. But I will finish it-no matter what. I have to prove to myself that it is working! And I know it is!

Hang in there - I'm up 8 pounds since mid April, 6 pounds since starting the reset 5 weeks ago. There's a lot of us in the same boat!

Susan
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options

Good luck to everyone!

Hang in there - I'm up 8 pounds since mid April, 6 pounds since starting the reset 5 weeks ago. There's a lot of us in the same boat!

Susan

Im up about 5 so far... not happy at all with it, especially since I was doing pretty good at the 2 pound mark..
    Two more weeks.. two more weeks...
  • Noor13
    Options
    You know guys, it feels so god to get support on here.

I am really having rough days-feeling like I am hitting a wall. I can't even enjoy the food at the moment, cause I am so scared, it will make me even bigger. And I am also scared, that this will not work for me.

I know it is the right way to go. But I am doubting myself in a way. What if I do the cut in a few weeks time, and I wont be losing these pounds?

If this is the case, I think the men in white will have to come and get me......
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options

Nicole

Hi Nicole and Welcome!

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS on your amazing weight loss success~ it really is quite an accomplishment!!

That being said, I'm not sure HOW you lost the weight, but if it involved eating BELOW your BMR on a routine basis or the dreaded "VLCD" method, you may be in jeopardy of re-gaining some or all of it back due to metabolism damage.

Fortunately, you found us and are well on your way to preventing that!! The Metabolism Reset that is recommended at EM2WL is to HEAL your body from extended periods of Low Calorie eating. When you are in Reset, you are eating at Maintenance Level and therefore, a gain is expected (and may actually be necessary) for the body to heal and "reset" it's metabolism.

The Reset is very physically and emotionally demanding and goes against ALL of our 'DIET CULTURE" thinking that's been ingrained in our brains.

I am finishing Week 2 and find that sometimes I just have to come here and read, re-read, and triple read the stickies to keep convincing myself that I am doing the right thing. I am seeing that what I'm feeling is perfectly normal and it helps that the "science" behind the EM2WL method makes so much sense to me that my doubts are quickly resolved.

Check in often and "get it all out" here......we are "whiner-friendly" here and have been known to lift a spirit or two when needed!
  • Cilenia
    Cilenia Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    You know guys, it feels so god to get support on here.

I am really having rough days-feeling like I am hitting a wall. I can't even enjoy the food at the moment, cause I am so scared, it will make me even bigger. And I am also scared, that this will not work for me.

I know it is the right way to go. But I am doubting myself in a way. What if I do the cut in a few weeks time, and I wont be losing these pounds?

If this is the case, I think the men in white will have to come and get me......

Hang in there Noor! You can do this. Just hold on to the feeling that you know it is the right way forward, and as far as i know there hasnt been a report of this not working for anyone. Im sure you wont be the first.

Im on day 2 of my reset.... yesterday reaching my goal was easy as i went out for dinner... today will be a lot harder. Im trying to figure out what i can munch on that is high in protein but not too massively filling as still feel full from dinner yesterday ><
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    You know what I love about this thread? If you go back far enough, just about everyone who is now coaching others to hang in there and stick with the reset was considering quitting at some point and needed the same pep talk from someone else. It's so inspiring to see how we are all sticking with this and how amazing the support is on this thread! I just think everyone is doing awesome! Hang in there ladies. This is worth it for our long-term health. Let's think about giving our bodies some love!

I'm at the beginning of week seven! Woot! I'm getting soooo close. Just two more weeks before my cut. I'm so excited! I'm still struggling with the "great fatigue". Ugh. There's a break in the heat for part of this week, so I'm hoping that helps. I'm going to get back to running tomorrow, whether I feel like it or not.

This is going to be a crazy week for me, so I may not be around a ton. I have my boys' birthday party to plan this weekend and there's a whole lot that needs to be done around here. On a sidenote that has nothing to do with fitness and health, I made homemade fondant for the cake I'm making later this week. First time I've ever made it and I'm very happy with the way it turned out - both taste and texture wise. Woot!
  • mjj79
    Options
    You know what I love about this thread? If you go back far enough, just about everyone who is now coaching others to hang in there and stick with the reset was considering quitting at some point and needed the same pep talk from someone else. It's so inspiring to see how we are all sticking with this and how amazing the support is on this thread! I just think everyone is doing awesome! Hang in there ladies. This is worth it for our long-term health. Let's think about giving our bodies some love!

I'm at the beginning of week seven! Woot! I'm getting soooo close. Just two more weeks before my cut. I'm so excited! I'm still struggling with the "great fatigue". Ugh. There's a break in the heat for part of this week, so I'm hoping that helps. I'm going to get back to running tomorrow, whether I feel like it or not.

This is going to be a crazy week for me, so I may not be around a ton. I have my boys' birthday party to plan this weekend and there's a whole lot that needs to be done around here. On a sidenote that has nothing to do with fitness and health, I made homemade fondant for the cake I'm making later this week. First time I've ever made it and I'm very happy with the way it turned out - both taste and texture wise. Woot!

How did you decide how many weeks to do? I am on day 2 and already up 2 lbs. So scared. I can't IMAGINE doing 8 weeks.