Metabolism Reset - Eating at TDEE Support Thread

Options

Replies

• Saelina
    Saelina Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I would have to agree with you rosie. Just mentally prepare yourself for additional weight gain / bloat.
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    How quickly did people notice bloat? I just did my measurements....im just completing day 3 and was astounded that i seem up about 5 centimetres around my waist (about 2 inches i think that equates too) as of this morning i was only up 300 grams but think i may see a more significant gain on the scales tomorrow morning....also how do we know when this is working? When our weight plateaus out? Or is there other signs we should be looking for?
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Plugging along today.. nothing much here.. I was planning to cut this coming wed, but I think IM going to go to 6 weeks, and then decide from there. I think after my breakdown this week, I need the extra two weeks to keep going and give my body the chance. I will reevaluate at 6 weeks and decide then whether to cut or go the last 2..

Today is going to be interesting to see if I make it to TDEE without crap.. its already 2pm and I am still needing 1800 cals.. Bah!!

Good for you for being able to step back and reevaluate. It's not easy to patient with this process. You're doing great!
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    OK, so yesterday I sat myself down and had a good, long talk with myself. I was thinking about the actual number of calories I was eating each day thought that something just didn't seem right. I was also questioning whether I was still NOT eating enough.

So after a thorough discussion with myself, I decided to do an average of the last 8 weeks that I've been EM2WL and just see where I was coming in each week.

My TDEE= 2245
    My TDEE-15%= 1908
    Calorie Goal = 1900
    The averages:
    Week 1=1692
    Week 2=1861
    Week 3=1833
    Week 4=1844
    Week 5=1812
    Week 6=1692
    Week 7=1778
    Week 8=1704

Does anyone see a "1900" in there?.....Anyone? Let me add that I gained 8 pounds eating like this. (smacking herself in the head)
    I am thinking that I really, really, REALLY should have done and should be doing a RESET since in my thinking, if I'm gaining while eating LESS than my TDEE, my metabolism is not "repaired" yet.

Sheez, I could be on the "classic example of what NOT to do" when starting EM2WL page.

So I am thinking of starting my RESET on Monday at 2245 calories. I LOVED that I had SO much information to use to research my questions and come to what I think is the right conclusion.

Any comments or thoughts appreciated.

Awesome decision. It is easy to fall into the above trap...the good thing is that you are mentaly ready I believe. We are doing this together. I'm at wek 7 now and after I finish Cathe Meso 3 I will do a 10% cut. So that is a 3 wks....
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Plugging along today.. nothing much here.. I was planning to cut this coming wed, but I think IM going to go to 6 weeks, and then decide from there. I think after my breakdown this week, I need the extra two weeks to keep going and give my body the chance. I will reevaluate at 6 weeks and decide then whether to cut or go the last 2..

Today is going to be interesting to see if I make it to TDEE without crap.. its already 2pm and I am still needing 1800 cals.. Bah!!

Great Raynn1, glad you are going to 6wks...hoping for a full 8 weeker for ya though.
  • tenpets
    tenpets Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Morning Everyone!!!

So I have a question....any one struggling to get 25-30grams of fiber with reduced carbs (40%)? I used to hit 30grams easily and now I rarely do. Just curious how you do it without going over carbs and if its effecting bodily functions if your not.
    Thanks!!
    Kate

I have to watch fiber closely too although I like to get it through food its crucial for me so I take psyllium capsules, they are very cheap and can be found in all grocery stores.

Psyllium husk caps are great (same stuff as in Metamucil). However, make sure you do not take them either 2 hours before or 2 hours after you take any other vitamin or medication. Taking them too close together will decrease the absorption of everything else you take. Psyllium forms a sort of gelatinous "glob" around the other items, reducing their absorption.
  • tenpets
    Options
    Hi there!
    today's my second day 2100 cals a day and I really find it hard to get all that food in!! but I feel good and started monitoring my weight, which (as exspected) is flucuating quite a bit: yesterday morning 134 lbs, today 130! I decided I really want to see those numbers to FINALLY convince myself that the scale never shows you the whole story and to learn not to take it that serious anymore!
    BTW I noticed that even though I am drinking a lot of water, I am constantly thirsty! (Sodium intake is quite low though) Anyone experienced the same thing?

I have always found that the more water I drink, the thirstier I become. The wonderful thing about it is that the more water I get in, the less I want anything else to drink! In the distant past I was a big-time diet soda drinker and found water tough to drink. For the past three years or so, I've found diet soda tough to drink! Love my water!
  • tenpets
    Options
    OK, so yesterday I sat myself down and had a good, long talk with myself. I was thinking about the actual number of calories I was eating each day thought that something just didn't seem right. I was also questioning whether I was still NOT eating enough.

So after a thorough discussion with myself, I decided to do an average of the last 8 weeks that I've been EM2WL and just see where I was coming in each week.

My TDEE= 2245
    My TDEE-15%= 1908
    Calorie Goal = 1900
    The averages:
    Week 1=1692
    Week 2=1861
    Week 3=1833
    Week 4=1844
    Week 5=1812
    Week 6=1692
    Week 7=1778
    Week 8=1704

Does anyone see a "1900" in there?.....Anyone? Let me add that I gained 8 pounds eating like this. (smacking herself in the head)
    I am thinking that I really, really, REALLY should have done and should be doing a RESET since in my thinking, if I'm gaining while eating LESS than my TDEE, my metabolism is not "repaired" yet.

Sheez, I could be on the "classic example of what NOT to do" when starting EM2WL page.

So I am thinking of starting my RESET on Monday at 2245 calories. I LOVED that I had SO much information to use to research my questions and come to what I think is the right conclusion.

Roisie,

Your self-evaluation is spot on. Take the dive and join us in the reset! The mental aspect of handling the bloat/increase in measurements/etc. is the tough part. You are the perfect candidate for a reset! Happy to have you along, Friend!:flowerforyou:
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:

Awww... you guys are just the BEST!!!

Thanks so much for your responses, support, and friendship!!

I am so certain that this is where I was destined to be........xoxoxo
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    Options

My TDEE= 2245
    My TDEE-15%= 1908
    Calorie Goal = 1900
    The averages:
    Week 1=1692
    Week 2=1861
    Week 3=1833
    Week 4=1844
    Week 5=1812
    Week 6=1692
    Week 7=1778
    Week 8=1704

Roisie,

Your self-evaluation is spot on. Take the dive and join us in the reset! The mental aspect of handling the bloat/increase in measurements/etc. is the tough part. You are the perfect candidate for a reset! Happy to have you along, Friend!:flowerforyou:

I agree. Rosie - you are definitely on the right track. It's hard to make this leap initially, but you can do it. The mental part of EMTWL can be really rough at times - especially the patience part. You are doing a great thing for your long-term health!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    hello ladies!

hope its ok to join in here as im still confused. I increased my calorie intake about 3 weeks ago now. I havent done the full reset yet as my intake has not been low since i got to goal last year. I put on some weight before i miscarried and am trying to lose this extra 9lbs im carrying. proving to be difficult.

good news is that I put on 2lbs whilst i upped my calories and found out this week that id lost them! so am back to where i was before EMWL. Physically and mentally i feel better as im not so lethargic anymore. So the real test begins now to see if i can lose anymore. If not i may consider a reset

I get so confused with which cut to go for etc, so for nor ive gone for 20%. does that seem too high? figures are below.

according to scooby. have set my activity levels to 5-7hrs as currently doing insanity and have a very active job. I had my settings as light before and completely stalled!

TDEE: 2392
    BMR: 1386
    20%: 1913.

thanks!
  • findingmyhappyplace
    findingmyhappyplace Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Over the past month I've eaten 2159 calories on average, and maintained my weight so precisely (0.4lbs) that it's a bit spooky! I'm thinking I'll need to up my cals again as this probably isn't my TDEE. I'm away for 10 days now, and then running a big 10k, but in two weeks time I think I will bump my cals.

Scoobie says I need 2239, I think I need significantly more. I workout for about an hour 6 days per week, I also cycle and powerwalk for another hour most days and my job has me on my feet all day (violinist). I think I need nearer 2500.
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    hello ladies!

hope its ok to join in here as im still confused. I increased my calorie intake about 3 weeks ago now. I havent done the full reset yet as my intake has not been low since i got to goal last year. I put on some weight before i miscarried and am trying to lose this extra 9lbs im carrying. proving to be difficult.

good news is that I put on 2lbs whilst i upped my calories and found out this week that id lost them! so am back to where i was before EMWL. Physically and mentally i feel better as im not so lethargic anymore. So the real test begins now to see if i can lose anymore. If not i may consider a reset

I get so confused with which cut to go for etc, so for nor ive gone for 20%. does that seem too high? figures are below.

according to scooby. have set my activity levels to 5-7hrs as currently doing insanity and have a very active job. I had my settings as light before and completely stalled!

TDEE: 2392
    BMR: 1386
    20%: 1913.

thanks!

Since you are so close to goal, its best to have a small deficit. You would probably want to look at a 5-10%.
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I just finished up week 4 so I am halfway through reset, yeah! Having a feeling heavy day so its making me excited for cut even more! I just wish I didn't have to weigh myself before I cut.... I am min such a good place most days that I know I will see that number on the scale a feel a pang in the heart....but I know I need to do it.

After that though I will be sticking mostly to measurements and once I see those trending down then I will weigh in to see when/if I need to change my goals.

I still have my run to fit in today but my In-laws are in town and have my girls so atleast I get to go run alone which will make it a little easier to not have to push a stroller in this heat!

Ugh, so not ready for Monday yet :sad:
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Over the past month I've eaten 2159 calories on average, and maintained my weight so precisely (0.4lbs) that it's a bit spooky! I'm thinking I'll need to up my cals again as this probably isn't my TDEE. I'm away for 10 days now, and then running a big 10k, but in two weeks time I think I will bump my cals.

Scoobie says I need 2239, I think I need significantly more. I workout for about an hour 6 days per week, I also cycle and powerwalk for another hour most days and my job has me on my feet all day (violinist). I think I need nearer 2500.

Definitely sounds like you should be higher in cals. Good thing you are maintaining currently. I found I was easily maintainable at my Cut, so thats why I jumped to TDEE.. I dropped initially, and then it went back up a few pounds and stayed there..Hopefully you will have similar luck:)
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I am having a blech weekend.. Ive been so busy with my "job" and family obligations and such that timing wise I had no chance to hit the gym, plus its been raining pretty much all weekend, so no runs.. And then this afternoon we got home from visiting and I should have gone to the gym, but I had no desire or want to go.. (plus it would throw off my schedule all week with gym plans)... So three days rest was not what I wanted to do this weekend....

Back at 'er tomorrow..
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Raynn~ I do Yoga classes on Saturday and Sunday mornings and I missed both days due to....well, like you, life.
    I had a GREAT week last week with my NROLFW workouts and my regular classes that I do so I'm thinking that 2 days off will do a body good!!

We will BOTH get back at it tomorrow! :flowerforyou:
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    Options

I'm curious what activity level you used? I would consider you very active or extremely active, definitely not moderate based on your description.
  • saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Could use some help on day #3...I've got pre-TOM symptoms out the wazoo....I have been so exhausted today that I haven't done much of anything other than some random housework. Fortunately today is my one rest day for the week so I don't feel too guilty. Problem is, I've gone WAY over my TDEE. How will that impact me? Do I eat less tomorrow to make up for it or just continue to eat my TDEE?
  • findingmyhappyplace
    findingmyhappyplace Posts: 75 Member
    Options

I'm curious what activity level you used? I would consider you very active or extremely active, definitely not moderate based on your description.

I put 5-6 hours per week of exercise, which now gives me 2227 (I lost a little weight). The highest setting only gives me 2453! I don't think scoobie is a good calculator for me because it doesn't take lifestyle into account, only intentional exercise. When I use the health-calc website it comes up with around 2200 on rest days and 2300-2800 on workout days.