Metabolism Reset - Eating at TDEE Support Thread

Options

Replies

• TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Could use some help on day #3...I've got pre-TOM symptoms out the wazoo....I have been so exhausted today that I haven't done much of anything other than some random housework. Fortunately today is my one rest day for the week so I don't feel too guilty. Problem is, I've gone WAY over my TDEE. How will that impact me? Do I eat less tomorrow to make up for it or just continue to eat my TDEE?

Continue to eat at TDEE. I had quite a few days in a row where I ate WAY over TDEE, probably 5 days and I do think that caught up with me but one day won't. One of the most important things is to stay consistent so eating at least TDEE or even a tad over is the goal. I don't weigh or even have the courage to measure during the rest, but I noticed 4-5 days later my clothes were a tad tighter. I tried really hard last week to stay right at TDEE to see if I would lose that and was feeling a little better but now I am getting into TOM territory and I am feeling bloated and big so its hard to say if I lost that extra I shouldn't have gained in the first place!
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Over the past month I've eaten 2159 calories on average, and maintained my weight so precisely (0.4lbs) that it's a bit spooky! I'm thinking I'll need to up my cals again as this probably isn't my TDEE. I'm away for 10 days now, and then running a big 10k, but in two weeks time I think I will bump my cals.

Scoobie says I need 2239, I think I need significantly more. I workout for about an hour 6 days per week, I also cycle and powerwalk for another hour most days and my job has me on my feet all day (violinist). I think I need nearer 2500.

I'm curious what activity level you used? I would consider you very active or extremely active, definitely not moderate based on your description.

I put 5-6 hours per week of exercise, which now gives me 2227 (I lost a little weight). The highest setting only gives me 2453! I don't think scoobie is a good calculator for me because it doesn't take lifestyle into account, only intentional exercise. When I use the health-calc website it comes up with around 2200 on rest days and 2300-2800 on workout days.

Have you used the fat2fit site before? fat2fitradio.com/tools The numbers I get from fat2fit are slightly higher than what I get from scooby and they've worked well for me. You could also just try a number based on the health-calc - like 2500 or so and see how it goes for a few weeks and tweak as necessary. It can be hard to find the number that is just right since the online calculators really just give us the ballpark figure.
  • saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Could use some help on day #3...I've got pre-TOM symptoms out the wazoo....I have been so exhausted today that I haven't done much of anything other than some random housework. Fortunately today is my one rest day for the week so I don't feel too guilty. Problem is, I've gone WAY over my TDEE. How will that impact me? Do I eat less tomorrow to make up for it or just continue to eat my TDEE?

Continue to eat at TDEE. I had quite a few days in a row where I ate WAY over TDEE, probably 5 days and I do think that caught up with me but one day won't. One of the most important things is to stay consistent so eating at least TDEE or even a tad over is the goal. I don't weigh or even have the courage to measure during the rest, but I noticed 4-5 days later my clothes were a tad tighter. I tried really hard last week to stay right at TDEE to see if I would lose that and was feeling a little better but now I am getting into TOM territory and I am feeling bloated and big so its hard to say if I lost that extra I shouldn't have gained in the first place!

Thanks TripleJ!! I was really worried about that! I went at least 1000 over my TDEE yesterday and the scale has gone up 5lbs since starting my reset. Between the reset, bad food yesterday and TOM bloat I feel really yucky and bloated. My skirt is definitely tighter today than normal! Hopefully it levels out soon and I don't gain anymore-that 5lbs is more than enough for me!!
  • jomatho
    jomatho Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hi girls, still plugging away here. About a week to go and then I cut. I am excited and nervous all at the same time. Oh, and sad to think about eating less :laugh:

@TripleJ, I do not want to get on that scale before I cut either, but I will. In part to know what I gained, but mostly to know where I start my cut from. And I will probably weigh a little more frequently once I start cutting, like weekly or bi-weekly. We'll see. All I know is right now I love the freedom from the scale.

@Raynn and Rosie, This will be my third rest day in a row. I was supposed to do my lower body weights yesterday or today, but it is not going to happen because of life getting in the way. But oh well. I WILL get it done tomorrow and in the grand scheme of things it won't matter right?

Hello to everyone else!
  • jyska
    jyska Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Ok, so we all know how unbelievably HORRIBLE a reset can be...so, I had a little fun and created this virtual pin that if you want to use it somewhere on your profile, feel free to do so. BUT, it's only for those that complete a full 8 weeks or more ok? :happy:

MBRSurvivorcopy.gif
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Ok, so we all know how unbelievably HORRIBLE a reset can be...so, I had a little fun and created this virtual pin that if you want to use it somewhere on your profile, feel free to do so. BUT, it's only for those that complete a full 8 weeks or more ok? :happy:

MBRSurvivorcopy.gif

Love this!! I am starting Week 5 so I only have 3 more weeks and I will put this on my profile....YAY!! Thanks for sharing this...It's nice to be able to see who all has done the reset... :)
  • curiousheathy
    Options

MBRSurvivorcopy.gif

The end of July can't come soon enough so I can use this!!!! This is awesome!! You rock! :)
  • carriea67
    carriea67 Posts: 181 Member
    Options

MBRSurvivorcopy.gif

The end of July can't come soon enough so I can use this!!!! This is awesome!! You rock! :)

End of July for me as well - and I will definitely be sporting this pin once I have earned.

I weigh in on Friday - first time since I started the reset...was only going to do 4 and then 6 and then just thought if I sign up for 6 then I can sign up for 8.....thinking long term baby. Of course I feel like a bloated whale today.....but I suppose that is besides the point :laugh:
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options

MBRSurvivorcopy.gif

LOVE IT!! I'm only on Day 1 but I want it NOW!! :sad:

Thanks Sweetie, it's awesome and so are YOU!! :heart: :heart:
  • rosied915
    Options
    Hi girls, still plugging away here. About a week to go and then I cut. I am excited and nervous all at the same time. Oh, and sad to think about eating less :laugh:

@TripleJ, I do not want to get on that scale before I cut either, but I will. In part to know what I gained, but mostly to know where I start my cut from. And I will probably weigh a little more frequently once I start cutting, like weekly or bi-weekly. We'll see. All I know is right now I love the freedom from the scale.

@Raynn and Rosie, This will be my third rest day in a row. I was supposed to do my lower body weights yesterday or today, but it is not going to happen because of life getting in the way. But oh well. I WILL get it done tomorrow and in the grand scheme of things it won't matter right?

Hello to everyone else!

Hello to YOU too! :flowerforyou:
    I got do my NROL today but, AGAIN, life got in the way in the form of the AC repairman, so I didn't have time to do a class that I like.
    It's all good, I'll pick it up tomorrow and the AC is fixed too~ whew!! :smokin:
  • jyska
    jyska Posts: 728 Member
    Options

MBRSurvivorcopy.gif

LOL! I can't even sport it yet...I'm just starting my 5th week myself!
  • tenpets
    tenpets Posts: 423 Member
    Options

MBRSurvivorcopy.gif

LOL! I can't even sport it yet...I'm just starting my 5th week myself!

LOVE this and July 25th it will be on my profile! Feeling a bit thick in the waist today, but it's just part of the process. I love not weighing in and messing up my motivation!
  • terrigrace
    terrigrace Posts: 199 Member
    Options

MBRSurvivorcopy.gif
    ]]

Love it! Thanks . . . can't wait to proudly display that on my profile in another few weeks. Yahoo!
  • findingmyhappyplace
    findingmyhappyplace Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Over the past month I've eaten 2159 calories on average, and maintained my weight so precisely (0.4lbs) that it's a bit spooky! I'm thinking I'll need to up my cals again as this probably isn't my TDEE. I'm away for 10 days now, and then running a big 10k, but in two weeks time I think I will bump my cals.

Scoobie says I need 2239, I think I need significantly more. I workout for about an hour 6 days per week, I also cycle and powerwalk for another hour most days and my job has me on my feet all day (violinist). I think I need nearer 2500.

I'm curious what activity level you used? I would consider you very active or extremely active, definitely not moderate based on your description.

I put 5-6 hours per week of exercise, which now gives me 2227 (I lost a little weight). The highest setting only gives me 2453! I don't think scoobie is a good calculator for me because it doesn't take lifestyle into account, only intentional exercise. When I use the health-calc website it comes up with around 2200 on rest days and 2300-2800 on workout days.

Have you used the fat2fit site before? fat2fitradio.com/tools The numbers I get from fat2fit are slightly higher than what I get from scooby and they've worked well for me. You could also just try a number based on the health-calc - like 2500 or so and see how it goes for a few weeks and tweak as necessary. It can be hard to find the number that is just right since the online calculators really just give us the ballpark figure.
    Fat2fit is exactly the same as scoobie for me within 25 calories. I'm away for 10 days now then running a big 10k, but after that I'll see where my weight is, and if I'm still around 105-107, I'll bump my calories to 2300 and keep upping them every month til I start gaining.
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Very cute:) I guess I will have to see if I "earn" it or not for myself.. my goal is 6 weeks right now.. then reevaluate:)

I finally got to the gym for NROL and I think I ended up pushing too hard on the Bulgarian split squats.. I could not do the lunges after that with weights. My left Quad was very tight. Decided to remove the weight so I didnt further injure myself.. Definitely hoping its just pulled a little and tomorrow will be fine again.. I need to get a run in tomorrow.. I signed up for a 10k at the end of August and I would like to actually run very close to all of it:)

Almost done week 4 and this was my original goal to hit. So Im glad so far I have stuck it out, but I am definitely dying to cut and get things going again
  • rosied915
    Options
    WOW~ Day 1 is coming to a close for me (just finished dinner) and somehow I managed to stuff over 2100 calories into me!!

Lunch was a mind-blowing Protein Festival for me: I put 2 scoops of Body Fortress Vanilla Protein into 2 Dannon Cherry Yogurts and mixed it all up. It was different, I gotta say. Not bad, not great, just different.:indifferent: Not bad for a first try......

I have a little over 100 calories for the rest of the night which is just right for what I have in mind.

So....DAY ONE is in the books!!! :drinker:
  • tenpets
    tenpets Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    WOW~ Day 1 is coming to a close for me (just finished dinner) and somehow I managed to stuff over 2100 calories into me!!

Lunch was a mind-blowing Protein Festival for me: I put 2 scoops of Body Fortress Vanilla Protein into 2 Dannon Cherry Yogurts and mixed it all up. It was different, I gotta say. Not bad, not great, just different.:indifferent: Not bad for a first try......

I have a little over 100 calories for the rest of the night which is just right for what I have in mind.

Great job, Rosie! :flowerforyou: The time will fly. I can't believe how fast it's gone for me.:smile:
  • jomatho
    Options

Okay Rosie, I am out of the loop here. I take it you were doing a cut before and now have started a reset? I feel like you have been with me all along, lol.
  • jomatho
    Options
    Very cute:) I guess I will have to see if I "earn" it or not for myself.. my goal is 6 weeks right now.. then reevaluate:)

I finally got to the gym for NROL and I think I ended up pushing too hard on the Bulgarian split squats.. I could not do the lunges after that with weights. My left Quad was very tight. Decided to remove the weight so I didnt further injure myself.. Definitely hoping its just pulled a little and tomorrow will be fine again.. I need to get a run in tomorrow.. I signed up for a 10k at the end of August and I would like to actually run very close to all of it:)

Almost done week 4 and this was my original goal to hit. So Im glad so far I have stuck it out, but I am definitely dying to cut and get things going again

I hate it when my body doesn't keep up with my mind! Hope the muscle is just overused and bounces right back. I'm with you, if I feel a twinge of something not right, I back off. For me it is usually my elbows that tell me I need to back off. Although I have never had elbow tendonitis, I feel like I may be prone to it and am very careful with what and how I work with my arms. Same with my right shoulder, it is a little finicky and I have to be careful. So not worth an injury at this point right?
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Raynn - I hope the muscle feels better tomorrow!

Rosie - Great job on your first day!

ijska - People are going to stick it out for 8 weeks just so they can sport that cool pin. I know it will make me think twice about giving up from here on out. I so want that on my profile. Thank you for taking the time to create that for us. And it looks really great!