Introductions

Options

Replies

• rachypompa
    rachypompa Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Name: Rachel
    Husband: Keith
    How many kids do you have: two, Bill (6) and Lucy (4)
    Due Date: March 7th 2013
    DO you know the gender: Not yet
    Have you picked out the baby's name? No
    Where do you live: Auckland, New Zealand
    Workouts: Well I've only known I'm pregnant for a week ... so before I knew that I was running, biking, doing bootcamp (3x per week) and hot yoga ... I went for a run on Monday and started spotting, so midwife has said no running, I can't go to bootcamp and not run, so I'm guessing no bootcamp either :-( Also told hot yoga isn't good, too hot for first trimester. So I guess I'll be walking and biking ... might have to start swimming again!
    Anything else you'd like to share: This is a bit of a surprise addition to our family, in a moment of madness a few weeks ago we did decide to have another ... and voila ... we're slowly adjusting to the idea, all my fears are about not having enough money/ time, but today I've been feeling really chipper about having a new addition. I think my kids would adore a little bro or sis! I know they'll both want the opposite (my sone will want a brother, as he already has a sister!)
  • JENNIENS
    JENNIENS Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Name:Jennie
    Hubby/Partner: Jason
    How many kids do you have: This is #5 but 7th pregnancy
    Due Date: 3-17-13 St Patty's day!
    Do you know the gender: Note yet
    Have you picked out the baby's name: Won't decide until we know boy or girl.
    Where do you live: Michigan
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant:RIght now walking until i meet up with my doctor and find out what i can do cause i'm considered high risk.
  • kathyk519
    kathyk519 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Name: Kathy
    Hubby: Brett
    Kids: This will be out first!
    Due Date: February 27, 2013
    Baby Name: Will depend on gender
    Where do I live: NY state
    Workouts: I found out about a week ago that I was pregnant. I want to keep up with my routines - usually get on the Elliptical in the AM, then at lunch a run or walk with some gym time for weights. I also take a dance class one night a week. Walks and hikes on the weekends. I am already feeling the tiredness, nausea, and breast tenderness (especially during a run) - I literally don't want to do anything, but am making myself ;)
  • lovethyneighbor
    lovethyneighbor Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Name: SARAH
    Hubby/Partner: JASON
    How many kids do you have: A 3 year old boy, but 3rd pregnancy
    Due Date: November 25, 2012
    Do you know the gender: Note yet -- we find out on July 12, 2012
    Have you picked out the baby's name: We have a girl's name picked but not a boy's yet.
    Where do you live: Tennessee
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred (not on a daily basis), some occasional gym time...
  • TheWipingYears
    TheWipingYears Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Name:Janet
    Hubby: Scott
    How many kids do you have: 1 boy (3 yrs)
    Due Date: Jan 30 2013
    Do you know the gender: not yet
    Have you picked out the name: we make a list and pick a name when the baby arrives
    Where do you live: Gulf Coast
    Workouts: training for half-marathon, so gym 5 days a week & open road 1 day a week.
  • beccau20
    beccau20 Posts: 1
    Options
    Name: Rebecca
    Hubby/Partner: Dan
    How many kids do you have: Just two dogs :o)
    Due Date: Jan. 30, 2013
    Have you picked out the baby's name: Not yet, but we have a list.
    Where do you live: PNW
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Treadmill walking/Stationary bike, personal training, boot camp
    Anything else you'd like to share: I used to be on MFP under a different name, but I'm back. Using MFP to log my calories so I don't go crazy with weight gain! I lost 50 pounds before getting pregnant and don't want it back!
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Name: Trisha
    Hubby: Rick
    How many kids do you have: 2, a boy (5) and a girl (4)
    Due Date: Feb 18 2013
    Do you know the gender: no
    Have you picked out the name: making a short list to think about
    Where do you live: Alberta, Canada
    Workouts: Treadmill 2-3X per week for an hour, walking when possible, cycling when possible.
  • stephaniemazer
    stephaniemazer Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Name: Stephanie
    Hubby: Itzik
    How many kids: not a one
    Due date: Jan. 11, 2013
    Do you know the gender: not yet
    Have you picked out the name: not yet
    Where do you live: Israel
    Workouts: i really have to get my butt in gear...
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Name: Dani
    Hubby/Partner: Norman
    How many kids 1 boy, Hunter
    Due Date: March 21st 2013
    Do you know the gender: No but I will find out
    Have you picked out the baby's name: Nope, we have a list from the first pregnancy and will probably recycle the same list, maybe change it up.
    Where do you live: Central Mass
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Running for as long as I can (probably 1st and 2nd trimester), walking, swimming, prenatal yoga if I can find an affordable class.
    Anything else you'd like to share: I also have a 102 pound Newfie that was born 5/13/2011. It is going to be crazy at our house!
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Name: Tiffany
    Hubby/Partner: Corey
    How many kids do you have: My first, his 3rd
    Due Date: Feb 13, 2013
    Do you know the gender: Note yet -- but intend to find out
    Have you picked out the baby's name: Not yet
    Where do you live: Groton, Connecticut
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Incline walking, weight lifting, and prenatal yoga
    Anything else you'd like to share: My husband will be deployed during the birth and first few months. :sad:
  • KTGator
    KTGator Posts: 78
    Options
    Name: Katie
    Hubby/Partner: Brian
    How many kids do you have: Second pregnancy, but first baby
    Due Date: Feb. 8, 2013
    Do you know the gender: Not yet
    Have you picked out the baby's name: We've got names picked out for 5 kids! But we're keeping them to ourselves ;-)
    Where do you live: Arizona
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Struggling with this because I've been on a graveyard shift, but I run, walk and have a few prenatal videos I'm about to get started on.
  • genabean
    genabean Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Name: Gena
    Hubby: Colin
    How many kids do you have: One, another due in October
    Due date: 10/2012
    Names: Pretty sure, but it's a secret!
    Where do you live: outside Philly, PA
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: I had been playing volleyball but my season is over, I was doing Zumba but it's gotten more complicated as of late. I have a treadmill at home that I try to walk on 3x a week, and I am doing prenatal yoga. :)
  • GeorgiaOnlyDaughter
    Options
    Name: Nikki
    Hubby: Darryl
    How many kids do you have: I have 3 children
    Due Date: 2/17/2013
    Have you picked out the baby's name: Not yet, if it's a girl her name will begin with "A" like our other 2 daughters.
    Where do you live: Florida
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: 30 min walks 3x a week. Need to really step it up but I'm dealing with being really tired right now. Hopefully it fades soon.
  • Jenny_Rose77
    Jenny_Rose77 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Name: Jenny
    Hubby: Dave
    How many kids do you have: This will be my first! I also have two step-sons (ages 9 and 11), and a 2 year old Siberian Husky.
    Due Date: 12/22/2012
    Do you know the gender: We're pretty sure it's a boy, but we're waiting for the 20 week ultrasound to confirm.
    Have you picked out the baby's name: Yes, but we're keeping it to ourselves for now.
    Where do you live: NYC
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Walking around the city, pre-natal yoga...I would like to do more swimming, but am not having the best of luck finding maternity bathing suits. The girls need underwire!
  • jaygirl3
    jaygirl3 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Name: Jay
    Hubby: DJ
    How many kids do you have: This will be our first
    Due Date: March 30, 2013
    DO you know the gender: Not yet
    Have you picked out the baby's name? Nope, not yet
    Where do you live: Africa
    Workouts:Been ttc for about two months, so i was really scared to do any serious workouts. Presently only do mild biking and very little walking. from what i see here, i need to step it up.
    Anything else you'd like to share: First preggo! Super excited
  • NikkieLite
    NikkieLite Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Name: Nikkie
    Hubby/Partner: Joshua
    How many kids do you have: One 2 year old, Anya. And this one currently baking.
    Due Date: January 22nd 2013.
    Do you know the gender: I will on August 23rd, hopefully!
    Have you picked out the baby's name: Nope, just got some ideas.
    Where do you live: Near Portland, Maine.
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Walking, yoga, elliptical.
    Anything else you'd like to share: I just entered my second trimester and morning sickness seems to finally have left me. Getting back to keeping track of food again. I lost a pound in my first trimester and because I am still overweight I'm looking to gain no more than 15-20 pounds. Friend me if you'd like! :)
  • melaniehg
    melaniehg Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Name: Melanie
    Hubby/Partner: Brett
    How many kids do you have: This is our frist!
    Due Date: 11/29/12
    Do you know the gender: Boy
    Have you picked out the baby's name: We have a list of names and will pick one later
    Where do you live: Alexandria, VA
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: The doctor asked that I do not do any activity during the first trimester so I lost alot of my fitness those months. But now am back at the gym mostly doing a combination of the Elliptical and doing hill intervals on the treadmill. Doing some sporadic strength training so I need to get that more into my rotation. I have the FIRM and some Jillian workouts that I like to do but modified.
    Anything else you'd like to share: I lost about 70 lbs with weight watchers 8 years ago and am scared to gain weight. I've already gained about 10 lbs so am now counting calories with MFP trying to be healthy but really not "eat for two"
  • ruggedBear
    ruggedBear Posts: 295
    Options
    Name: ruggedBear
    Husband: John
    How many kids do you have: girl (12), boy (10)
    Due Date: March 17th 2013
    Do you know the gender: Not yet
    Have you picked out the baby's name? No
    Where do you live: New Hampshire
    Workouts: Just found out about the pregnancy, and have thus far continued my regular routine. Strength training (with a trainer) 3x/week, running 3x/week, occasional biking and hiking, kayaking. Plan to keep at it until told otherwise. First appt 8/6 (8 weeks)
    Anything else you'd like to share: I will be 44 when this one's born. I definitely qualify as being of "advanced maternal age". I am healthier than I was with both previous pregnancies (having lost 65 lbs in the past year with MFP and starting the pregnancy at 55 lbs lighter than I started the last two!) This was truly unexpected and I am still not sure it's real.
  • FitFunTina
    FitFunTina Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Name: Betty :)
    Hubby: Ed
    How many kids do you have: This will be #2 for me, also have an 11 year old stepdaughter.
    Due Date: March 24, 2013
    Do you know the gender: No, we are debating on waiting until birth to find out, though. :)
    Have you picked out the baby's name: We didn't 100% decide on son's name until hard labor, so anticipating a similar result :)
    Where do you live: Upstate NY
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Walking, biking, will do some prenatal yoga once I find my disk.
    Anything else you'd like to share: I had a 9+lb boy my first pregnancy! That scares me a little for this one lol.
  • zuzanao
    zuzanao Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Name: Zuzana
    Hubby:Nacho
    How many kids do you have: This is our first pregnancy.
    Due Date: March 20 2013
    Do you know the gender: Not yet, meeting my midwife tomorrow:-)but we are believing and prayed for a boy
    Have you picked out the baby's name: Daniel
    Where do you live: England
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: i cycle to work, zumba once a week, plan to start swimming
    Anything else you'd like to share: With God I can do anything. I am looking for more expecting mums friends