Check in and intros

Options

Replies

• mama4six
    mama4six Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi, I'm Alanna. I live in rural North Canterbury with my children. Time to start looking after myself again. And get back into life fully. Feel like I've been sitting on the side line, watching the world go by, making excuses. This is a GREAT site, and the phone app. So, easy (and fun) to track eating and everything you need to know is right at your fingertips...No excuses now!

Good luck everyone. :flowerforyou:
  • mammarox
    mammarox Posts: 3
    Options
    HI I'm Dianne and joined a week ago. Great to see other Kiwis doing this! Hoping to loose some weight but am finding the school hols, and having just returned from a weekend away, a challenge :blushing: Oh well, another week and more of an opportunity to apply some discipline :smile:
  • Incasmum
    Incasmum Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Everybody,

Im Caryl from Invercargill just starting this journey . Good to see a NZ group to share and support. I yoyo all the time and have tried just about every diet you can imagine. I think this site will help because I can keep a journal and track my food and exercise and from forums like this keep the motivation. Best of luck to all of us.

Cheers Caryl
  • sashasmith73
    Options
    Hiya,
    What an amazing site...I joined 3 days ago because a friend recommended the food diary. I had no idea how many calories I was actually putting away until I used the diary - today was the first day I stayed within the calorie goal, so I'm pleased about that...though as I'm typing now my stomach is growling.
    I have always struggled with maintaining my goal weight of 64kg...I work really hard to get there, and everytime I do, I sabotage myself within a few weeks with junk food and/or stopping my exercise. I then let myself creep up toward 70kg which is usually enough of a motivation to get me started on the diet/exercise cycle again. This year it has taken me a little longer (73kg).
    I would like to quit this yo-yoing and do what it takes to maintain a healthy body.
    It would be great to get some kiwi friends:)
  • KathyTheKiwi
    KathyTheKiwi Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi fellow Kiwi's,

I've just joined up and so hope this is the answer to losing the dreaded weight that has crept on :-(

I live in Otago and think its great that there is a NZ group, that way I know what time zone I'm talking to lol

I signed up nearly 8 months ago and gave up as I wasn't in the right frame of mind - had just had ankle surgery and was in too much pain to think straight, so this time I'm going to give it a proper go and also will have the support of my mum who highly recommends this site as she has lost 20kgs.
  • KathyTheKiwi
    KathyTheKiwi Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey Emma,
    I live in Outram and would like to have a local person to help me out :-) I'm a 37 year old female with young, 7 and nearly 5 year kids. I'm over 80kgs at the moment (not the heaviest I've been, but I don't want to go back there). I want to lose about 15kgs and if I lose more, even better :-)
  • Kairunz
    Kairunz Posts: 51
    Options
    Hi Im from Palmerston north, Stay home dad and part time student.

Just started today with my weight loss goals

Weight: 87kg, height: 167cm, goal weight:70kg
  • katinthe_uk
    katinthe_uk Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm originally from Invercargill but I've been living in the UK for two and a half years now. I'm currently in North Devon which everyone keeps telling me is as close to NZ as I'll get here.

I've put on loads of weight since coming over, there are so many yummy foods here it's hard to resist. I've got about 8kg to lose and I'm 5'0".
  • wasro
    wasro Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi Im from Palmerston north, Stay home dad and part time student.

Just started today with my weight loss goals

Weight: 87kg, height: 167cm, goal weight:70kg

Hi there, I am keen to help motivate and support. I am a Dad living in Dunedin and would like to shed some kilo's.
    Cheers - Rob
  • Old_Chick
    Old_Chick Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Tina. I'm a full time admin worker. I am also a mother of a 10 year old daughter and a son who would be 13 years old (passed away at 7 weeks old).

I would love to lose 25kgs. I started a weight loss competition at work almost 7 weeks ago and have lost 5.8kgs at the 6 week mark. I would love to lose 15kgs by the end of the competition, and then try to stay motivated to lose the extra 10kgs.

I started on this site yesterday, but added a few bits from my exercise diary and my weight each week of the work competition so I could keep track.
  • hadlam83
    hadlam83 Posts: 140
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I am Helen. I've been on here under a similar user name so some of you may remember me :) I deleted my account when I found out I was expecting my second child. I'm now 27 weeks pregnant but really wanna get back into clorie counting again as getting a little too complacent with what I'm eating.

Would love some fellow Kiwis for firends as its always nice being in the same time zone!!

Hope you are all well :D

ps I live in Rotorua!
  • rin007
    rin007 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey, I'm originally from Invercargill but I've been living in the UK for two and a half years now. I'm currently in North Devon which everyone keeps telling me is as close to NZ as I'll get here.

I've put on loads of weight since coming over, there are so many yummy foods here it's hard to resist. I've got about 8kg to lose and I'm 5'0".

I can absolutely relate to that! :-)

My "weight loss battle" began when I returned from my OE to the UK 6 years ago, where I gained 15kgs in the year I was away.

I'm now 31 years old and have my wedding coming up in January 2013 and have decided that I WON'T be the size that I've come to be for the big day.

I started off at 73kgs at the time I got engaged in November last year, am currently 69.6kgs and my goal is 62kgs before the wedding on 26 January.
  • undiescoverd
    Options
    Talofa Lava my names Ian originally from Te Awamutu! New to MFP pretty stoked to find a New Zealand page! Im 5'10, 87kgs my natural weight was 73 my goal now is to reach 90! Im a musician/dancer in the West End show of STOMP but am currently on tour. Myfitnesspal is awesome!! Much love and best of luck to everyone on here!! x
  • bronnibee
    bronnibee Posts: 65
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm Bron from West Auckland. Looking forward to the weight loss and new friends.
  • carebearhere
    carebearhere Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Ally, originally from Auckland, but living in Palmy for now. I am keen to lose those love handles for summer, so I can wear next to nothing and look hot. :)
  • whipa494
    whipa494 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Paige and I'm a student at Otago and would love to lose 15 kg for summer. It's great to see other New Zealanders on here especially as we can discuss summer bodies unlike all the Americans on here who have just had summer! Good luck to everyone!
  • ociiana
    ociiana Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My names Stacey! Lots of inspirational messages on here!! I want to lose 25kg after the birth of 2 kids. 6kg down and 19 to go thx to mfp!! Woukd live to have a few more "friends" on my newsfeed do it will keep me honest and motivated!! So friend me if u r in for the long haul!! My main problems are snacking and portion sizes!!
  • mikeandkate
    mikeandkate Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Kate. I live in Kapiti with my husband and two boys. I'm a stay at home. I'm trying to lose 8 kg! I eat far too much home baking and chocolate! Please add me as a friend :)
  • archgeo
    archgeo Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi Kate,
    I'm newish here. New to this group yesterday! You want to lose a similar amount to me. So far I'm 3kg down from the starting 7 I initially wanted to lose (revising that currently) Thinking of changing that to another 2-3kg so a total of 9-10kg in all.
    I'm in Otago. I'll add you as a friend.
  • Weightlossangel
    Options
    Hey how are you doing?? I am from Levin and have just started on this journey. I would love to have ssomeone close by that I can go for walks along our beaches with and just to catch up and talk to re: our mission. Add me as a friend if you would like.