Graduation Announcements!

Options

Replies

• sugarsquare
    sugarsquare Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Just did my second race ever! 34:17 whoo hoo!
  • naprestsleep
    naprestsleep Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Graduated today. Still to slow to get 5k in 30 min, but with the warmup and cool down plus a little extra I did it all in 46 minutes, I think.
  • colibri25
    colibri25 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I finished the program last week and I ran my first 5 K last friday. It was a friendly race and nobody kept the time, but I DID IT!!!!!! I Never thought in January I could make it... 1.5 minutes and I was out of breath.... I LOVE this program and talk about it to everyone...
  • colibri25
    colibri25 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    BRAVO!!!! I know the feeling!
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I graduated in May 2012 after quitting the program 3 times in 2011. I ran my 3rd 10k today....and love running :-) have done apak run 5k but no 'formal' races with bibs and structure etc.
  • beccci91
    beccci91 Posts: 214
    Options
    I have graduated today :D
  • sarahjenkins77
    sarahjenkins77 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have graduated today, 5k in 38 minutes. Took 3 months to get here which is amazing as i dis no exercise before. 1st race booked for 22nd july so going to work on my speed until then. Love c25k!
  • hcdawg
    hcdawg Posts: 69
    Options
    Graduated today!!! First 5k on July 4th!! Love the c25k program!!
  • Shaigirl79
    Shaigirl79 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Started the program on April 2nd and completed it on June 15th. Didn't have to repeat a day or week, but did have to take over a week off due to an injury. Really enjoying running and plan to continue. Signed up for my first 5k - The Color Run (Nashville) - in October! Can't wait!!!
  • jenbroussard71
    jenbroussard71 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I graduated 6/10/2012 after starting (and quitting) the program a minimum of 5 times over the last 8 years! So this is a huge NSV for me! Now doing C210K :)
  • JenniferARoss
    JenniferARoss Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Completed today! I am signed up for my first 5K charity race for Multiple Myeloma on July 28 - now to work on getting faster (less slow?)
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    I graduated! Ran 5K according to week 9 day 1 on the app, last Friday the 29th. :drinker:
    Dowloaded the 10k app and will be moving on with that.
  • yallcallmedeb
    Options
    I am a graduate! Yesterday, I ran a full 5K using the distance version of RunDouble's application. It took me 40 minutes but I did it....and in major heat and humidity. I am running my first official race this Wednesday evening. It is a cross-country summer series of 6 runs progressing from 3 miles to 5 miles. They are 6 consecutive Wednesday evenings. There is a 13K fundraising run to benefit Prader-Willi Syndrome research that I would like to run right before Halloween but I have to get my husband on board to walk the walkathon (at the same time) with our kids so that I can run. I'm also not sure if I'll be ready to run a full 13K by Oct.

I'm going to continue using several of RunDouble's applications. I'm going to repeat C25K looking to improve time as well as progress through their 5K to 10K and 5K Improver apps. I'm trying to figure out a schedule. I'm open to suggestions!

I am really loving this running now, even though I still struggle DURING the actual run, I find myself anxious to get out and get moving. I want to make sure that I keep it up which I don't doubt I will until winter comes....then I have my concerns! But, I may be able to just move back to running on the track then or deal with the treadmill. I really find that I am loving my trail runs which are a new thing to me!

I can't believe that I really finished this!
  • jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I officially graduated today! 5k in 40 minutes which included 5 minute warm up! I'm ready for my first official 5k on Sunday. I'm nervous because I'm slow like a turtle. Some neighbor of mine passed me this morning running with his dog, his dog kept stopping and he still blew me away. He had calves the size of my thigh! HUGE! I guess this was my preparation for not getting so down when people blow by me on Sunday. I didn't realize how competitive I am.
    For now I feel confident I can finish the race and run the whole thing!
    Yea me!
  • Char_marcus
    Char_marcus Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Today i finished the final run of couch to 5k!! I felt so happy that i managed it without having to repeat any weeks and my first 5K is in a week !!!
  • virginiejaubin
    virginiejaubin Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I did it! The whole program! Did week 9 day 3 this morning!!! Jogged those 30 min! At a 10.43 min/mile pace. That made a 4.5 K distance.
    Also, since I started the program 9 weeks ago (combined to Jillian Michaels Body Revolution), I lost 10 lbs.

Now I will continue with 3 runs per week, adding 1 or 2 min each week in order to run 5K. Then, I will stick to it until I can jog 5K in 30 min.
    My 1st official 5K is Montreals Rock&Roll marathon on September 23.
  • johnny_66
    johnny_66 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I finished, really pleased with myself. I hadn't run in over 25 yrs. Thinking about checking into the bridge for the 10K program. For now I'll continue running the trails by my house until my times improve.
  • amyram
    amyram Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I am only starting week 8 but decided to try 5k and made it in 38:48 with no walking, wow I would never have guessed it possible 8 weeks ago. I'm 51 and the only running I ever did was in grade 7 gym class we were supposed to run 1 mile. As soon as the teacher was out of sight me and a buddy would jump into the bush and practise smoking so we wouldn't cough in front of our friends. Then rejoin the kids when they ran passed on the way back. Now 40 years later....WooHoo!!! :smile:
  • jessimom
    jessimom Posts: 29
    Options
    A little late on this, but completed a week ago! Now going to gradually build up my speed and really burn some fat!
  • lablovr108
    lablovr108 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Graduated on Friday! Completed my first race in 34:35. Not the fastest, but I never walked!