Need help starting

Options

Replies

• jerilynconn
    jerilynconn Posts: 524 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @Jennifer_Lynn_1982 i went ahead and did my measurements!

So after 6 weeks of eating ~2270 (about my estimated tdee. I think scooby gave me an estimate of 2500) calories a day and lifting 4 days a week (on an endurance plan right now, switching up to a hypertrophy plan monday)- no cardio.

I am up 9.6 pounds.

My measurements are all the same except for:
    Bust (up 1/2")
    Waist (up 1")
    Arm (up 1/2")
    Thigh (up 1/2")

Kinda disappointed. I was hoping to lose a little in inches! Still have to do my photos and then I can compare those.

I've been very hungry the past two days which is not helping and hormonal to boot.

So... Keep on keeping on? What should I do? ( @heybales )
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Jennifer_Lynn_1982 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    * following
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    What did my Just TDEE calc give for TDEE?
  • jerilynconn
    Options
    I'm assuming you are talking about your excel/google doc worksheet @heybales ?

It gave me 2,213.
  • heybales
    Options
    Ok, good, because the jumps still had me concerned, they jumps associated with topping off more glucose stores should be well done when you first started eating more - unless the workout routine just changed up in some big way.
    Because it's still too much and fast for anything besides water weight.

Do you do stiff drinks?

Do you do low carb normally?
  • jerilynconn
    Options
    I've been drinking .75-1.5 oz of vodka each night but only in the last week. (I didn't drink at all in december, which i find ironic). So since my last weigh in.

No to low carb.

Started my endurance workout beginningish of december. About to switch it up monday.

What else could it be?

On the em2wl internet forum it was suggested to me to keep inching up my calories until i gain and the gain remains steady, then pull it back down by 100 to my new tdee.
  • KickboxDiva
    KickboxDiva Posts: 142 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Ok this might be a weird question but being a vodka loving girl I have to ask. Heybales, why did you ask her that and saranharm, why do you do shots nightly? Is that a coincidence or did I miss some health benefit I need to know about?
  • jerilynconn
    Options
    I just have a hard time relaxing. As a stay at home, homeschooling mom i don't "get" off of work. So at night i enjoy vokda/coke or a moscow mule something like that.
  • jerilynconn
    Options
    @KickboxDiva sometimes i have a margarita. I'm not incredibly picky as long as its yummy and not too strong lol.

I also started using "happy scale" app today to track my weight daily to see patterns.
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Options
    Funny, I started using the "happy scale" app on Monday too @saranharm - hoping that will help me see my fluctuations as less irritating!
  • heybales
    Options
    Ok this might be a weird question but being a vodka loving girl I have to ask. Heybales, why did you ask her that and saranharm, why do you do shots nightly? Is that a coincidence or did I miss some health benefit I need to know about?

A hard drink if not normally done (sorry Saranharm) or a higher carb day if normally they are low have been seen to be a means of causing a decent weight drop.
    It's as if the body is holding on to water in the fat cells (dieter's edema) in prep of storing more carbs or something it really doesn't need the water for - and those 2 things cause the "whoosh" many will experience when they unstress the body while in a diet.

Could happen eating close to maintenance too, though not as likely. But still, worth a shot! Get it, a shot ..... oh, never mind....

http://www.leangains.com/2010/01/how-to-deal-with-water-retention-part.html

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/of-whooshes-and-squishy-fat.html

Now - where's my whiskey!
    Same reason as Saran.
  • jerilynconn
    Options
    heybales wrote: »

Now - where's my whiskey!
    Same reason as Saran.

Thats my hubby's drink of choice!

Added 100 cals. Been weighing daily b/c of happy scale app. A downward trend the last two days.
  • jerilynconn
    Options
    Forgot to update earlier this week:

Dec 7- 160.2
    Dec 14- 162.2
    Dec 21- 162.0
    Dec 28- 164.6
    jan 4- 164.4
    Dec 12ish- using the happy scale app i've had weights between 163.4 and 165, settling back towards 164.something by the end of the week.

Ate 2410 cals average last week though.

Didn't weigh in or track food yesterday. Won't weigh in today or tomorrow but will track food.
  • A_Dabauer
    A_Dabauer Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Great thread!
  • jerilynconn
    Options
    After 13 days at 2400 calories, my weights have been at:

(No data)
    (No data)
    (No data)

Bumping up to 2500 calories :blush:
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Options
    I love seeing your updates!!
  • jerilynconn
    Options
    I love seeing your updates!!

Thank you!
  • justsayinisall
    justsayinisall Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    go go go. can't wait to see where you end up!
  • michelski
    michelski Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    * following also !!
    @saranharm - This is such a great thread - thanks for sharing your updates. Its really helpful as im just starting out increasing up to TDEE. Look forward to the next update !
  • jerilynconn
    Options
    go go go. can't wait to see where you end up!
    michelski wrote: »
    * following also !!
    @saranharm - This is such a great thread - thanks for sharing your updates. Its really helpful as im just starting out increasing up to TDEE. Look forward to the next update !

I enjoyed similar threads when i first joined so i wanted to do the same. Also, its another place to store my info and get some feedback.