Replies

• ambsnic17
    ambsnic17 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your cut!!!!
  • jerilynconn
    jerilynconn Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Day 1 was successful! Hope to see results!
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Jennifer_Lynn_1982 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    please keep us updated!! :smiley:
  • jerilynconn
    Options
    Reset: gained 17 pounds and 8 1/4 inches :# gained over 1 month getting to tdee & a 2 month reset

Cut 1:
    Week 1: coming soon
  • jerilynconn
    Options
    DAy 2 of cut. Yesterday was a rest day and this morning was "surge" (endurance weight lifting. So high reps, lower weight, less rest) and I am much hungrier today!!!!! Gonna take some will power to avoid snacking. Yesterday I withstood not hunger but the emotional/hormonal urge to stuff my face lol. :)

One day at a time.
  • 4keshia
    4keshia Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies! New to the group, so soaking up all the info to get started. Where is this TDEE calculator that I keep reading about?
  • ambsnic17
    Options
    @4keshia you can start a new thread that pertains to you where we all can follow your journey.
  • ambsnic17
    Options
    Scooby calculator is the most popular one I believe however there are lots out there to use. If you google Scooby calculator it will pop up. That's what I use.
    Good luck to you @4keshia!!!
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    4keshia wrote: »
    Hey Ladies! New to the group, so soaking up all the info to get started. Where is this TDEE calculator that I keep reading about?

On my profile page - Just TDEE Please spreadsheet.

More specific than the TDEE table from 1919 study that doesn't include daily activity only exercise.
    You could end up being truly average and right in the middle of the 5 rough ranges to select from - but odds are you won't.

It's a rough starting point though if you understand it's limitations and how to tweak it for actual usage.

Or use the spreadsheet and track your stats too.
  • heybales
    Options
    saranharm wrote: »
    DAy 2 of cut. Yesterday was a rest day and this morning was "surge" (endurance weight lifting. So high reps, lower weight, less rest) and I am much hungrier today!!!!! Gonna take some will power to avoid snacking. Yesterday I withstood not hunger but the emotional/hormonal urge to stuff my face lol. :)

One day at a time.

So that is going to be a higher calorie burn - so average TDEE will be higher than what you found with a different workout.

That type of workout can be close to jogging 4.6 mph flat.

Prior type more strength training is like walking 3.3 mph for calorie burn.

Now if workouts are only 30 min 3 x weekly - no big deal.
    If split routine with 6 x 45 min - big deal.

So could be very good reason to be more hungry, your average TDEE would have gone up by some amount, so bigger deficit should have you hungry.
  • jerilynconn
    Options
    heybales wrote: »
    saranharm wrote: »

One day at a time.

So that is going to be a higher calorie burn - so average TDEE will be higher than what you found with a different workout.

That type of workout can be close to jogging 4.6 mph flat.

Prior type more strength training is like walking 3.3 mph for calorie burn.

Now if workouts are only 30 min 3 x weekly - no big deal.
    If split routine with 6 x 45 min - big deal.

So could be very good reason to be more hungry, your average TDEE would have gone up by some amount, so bigger deficit should have you hungry.

I move from endurance to hypertrophy to strength and back to endurance again. I've done them all during my reset. So I should be ok? Didn't notice a huge difference during the reset. Thinking maybe i am just used to eating my tdee?
  • heybales
    Options
    Literal TDEE would have changed (probably) during those different workouts. Unless things balanced out because of shifting sets/reps/exercise done.

Like the endurance phase say had you doing same rep volume but with less sets and exercises to create endurance.

And strength with longer rests and less volume should have burned least, though it could have most repair.
  • jerilynconn
    Options
    Reset: gained 17 pounds and 8 1/4 inches :# gained over 1 month getting to tdee & a 2 month reset

Cut 1:
    Week 1: -2.2 pounds
  • ibtmas
    ibtmas Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Its all about being patient!
  • ambsnic17
    Options
    Great start :-)
  • heybales
    Options
    Well, it's all downhill from here! I mean, down weight.....
  • justsayinisall
    justsayinisall Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Wow, as Heybales reminded me, don't got too drastically! You don't want to slow down that metabolism again
  • jerilynconn
    Options
    Wow, as Heybales reminded me, don't got too drastically! You don't want to slow down that metabolism again

I think I am okay. I'm at a 15% cut and expect my losses to slow after the first week. I think it was mostly water.

I plan on having a tdee day or two after 4 weeks. And after 8 weeks of cutting i will go back to tdee for about 4 weeks. I plan on alternating 8 week cuts during my endurance/hypertrophy lifting phases with 4 weeks at maintenance/strength phase.
  • michelski
    michelski Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Congratulations ! I bet that's such a relief to see pounds now dropping. I shall be following your thread with great interest :-)
  • jerilynconn
    edited March 2016
    Options

Cut 1:
    Week 1: -2.2 pounds
    Week 2: +0.4