Need help starting

Options

Replies

• jerilynconn
    jerilynconn Posts: 524 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Dropping back to 2400 this week. My weight is still up; and its interesting to me that I had a big jump (about 3 pounds) that I never fully came down from. Unless it is due to my cycle although it doesn't usually happen that early. If thats not the case, then I did not seem to gain any at the beginning last time (can't quite remember lol).

I feel like I was much more stable at the beginning of january (the first clump of weigh ins in the pic i previously posted).

If this is my tdee then the em2wl calc was right on for me (2380) and I am already into my reset by 4 weeks :)
  • jerilynconn
    Options
    Also, wanted to add that I finished "evolve" em2wl's hypertrophy plan! Moving onto true strength! My goal is to deadlift 200 pounds before its over :)
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Jennifer_Lynn_1982 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    saranharm wrote: »
    Also, wanted to add that I finished "evolve" em2wl's hypertrophy plan! Moving onto true strength! My goal is to deadlift 200 pounds before its over :)

what an awesome goal! way to go and thank you for your updates!!
  • justsayinisall
    justsayinisall Posts: 162 Member
    Options

Go for it! OMG you will be able to deadlift ME lol or a small'ish man.
  • jerilynconn
    Options

Go for it! OMG you will be able to deadlift ME lol or a small'ish man.

Lol. Its definitely bigger than me or my hubby. I eventually want to hit 300.

I have to brag that I can dl more than hubby but i only brag because he can lift more in every other lift, including squats. And the man has no butt.
  • KickboxDiva
    KickboxDiva Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Woot woot! Yay for deadlift and yay for 2400 calories. Enjoy, and my advice is get those calories in consistent now so your cut will be effective. Seems like I spent much time resisting the increase and much time now wishing I had pushed higher.
  • jerilynconn
    Options
    Woot woot! Yay for deadlift and yay for 2400 calories. Enjoy, and my advice is get those calories in consistent now so your cut will be effective. Seems like I spent much time resisting the increase and much time now wishing I had pushed higher.

Do you mean once you found your tdee you still ate a little lower? Or you didn't push/test your tdee up as high as possible?
  • jerilynconn
    Options
    @fitwithwitt88 this is my thread.
  • fitwithwhit88
    fitwithwhit88 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    @saranharm thanks! Found you! :)
  • jerilynconn
    Options

Do you mean once you found your tdee you still ate a little lower? Or you didn't push/test your tdee up as high as possible?

@KickboxDiva ?

• KickboxDiva
    Options
    Well. The cut only works if you were actually metabolizing those calories and maintaining. Many times I didn't hit my numbers. I tried but there was still a lot of head play. "I ate cake I should cut back". Ect. If I was supposed to hit 2400 but missed 2 days and averaged 2200 then my cut should be off 2200 not 2400. I'm just saying When you get used to 2400 the cut is a bit challenging. You'll want it to work at the highest number possible. Stick to your allotted calories and try not to under eat so when you cut its a true cut. My metabolism is down regulating fast so after 5 weeks I'm 5 lbs down and just slid down to my lower calorie range today to keep the scale moving. I wonder if I could have gone longer at the higher numbers if I had been stricter on eating all my calories.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Has your weight actually changed that much to warrant that big a drop in calories - or you are hoping to chase a falling metabolism and daily burn to keep a deficit?

I'm starting to think I know where this is headed.

Because in reality, a 5 lb drop is barely anything in drop to TDEE if it's all fat loss. Unless you are just so active in your daily life that carrying around 5 lbs less is significant.

I'll wait for updates though and hope it works well.
  • jerilynconn
    Options
    Well. The cut only works if you were actually metabolizing those calories and maintaining. Many times I didn't hit my numbers. I tried but there was still a lot of head play. "I ate cake I should cut back". Ect. If I was supposed to hit 2400 but missed 2 days and averaged 2200 then my cut should be off 2200 not 2400. I'm just saying When you get used to 2400 the cut is a bit challenging. You'll want it to work at the highest number possible. Stick to your allotted calories and try not to under eat so when you cut its a true cut. My metabolism is down regulating fast so after 5 weeks I'm 5 lbs down and just slid down to my lower calorie range today to keep the scale moving. I wonder if I could have gone longer at the higher numbers if I had been stricter on eating all my calories.

Okay, i see what you mean now. Thanks for clarifying.

I usually hit my calorie goal- occasionally, like last night, i didn't get my last snack in. Sleep won over eating. But it is rare and I'm on target weekly.
  • jerilynconn
    Options
    After a week back at 2400 (after dropping from 2500), my weight has stabilized again.

And i am 5 weeks into my reset!
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Options
    yay!! that's awesome...now you have a starting point. Have fun eating at your TDEE!!
  • jerilynconn
    Options
    yay!! that's awesome...now you have a starting point. Have fun eating at your TDEE!!

Its funny how when I first increased (i ripped the band-aid off) I had soooo many calories! Then, it seemed like it wasn't enough and I had to cut some things out. Now it feels like plenty and with enough planning I can fit in some treats without cutting out important nutrients. I kinda feel like I've gone full circle in a way.
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Options
    It is incredible how your mind (and body) can adjust as you adjust!!
  • XavierNusum
    XavierNusum Posts: 720 Member
    Options

Its funny how when I first increased (i ripped the band-aid off) I had soooo many calories! Then, it seemed like it wasn't enough and I had to cut some things out. Now it feels like plenty and with enough planning I can fit in some treats without cutting out important nutrients. I kinda feel like I've gone full circle in a way.

Life in high calorie land is so glorious! I remember mourning the loss of 10% like it was a hunger strike! And that was 3000 down to 2700! LOL
  • jerilynconn
    Options

Life in high calorie land is so glorious! I remember mourning the loss of 10% like it was a hunger strike! And that was 3000 down to 2700! LOL

@XavierNusum i think i will mourn them too when cut time comes!
  • KickboxDiva
    Options
    Yup.. I'm at the lower end of the final cut and I was so resistant to going up in calories in the beginning. I can't wait to ease up now. There is no room for error at this level and I can't believe I lived this way for years.