Tracey's OMAD Journey

tlblanksfit
tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
Hello all,

I would like to join everyone in chronicling my OMAD Journey. My name is Tracey, I will be 44 years in September. This is my 15th day of OMAD eating. so far since starting OMAD I have lost 4.2 pounds and am currently at 170 pounds with a goal of 140 pounds so I have 30 more pounds to lose.

My weight loss journey started in April 2016 where my highest weight was 204 pounds. My weight loss began with the HCG diet and I lost 24 pounds. After the HCG diet, I moved to a combination Keto/8 hour diet. I lost an additional 10 pounds, but struggled with resisting carbs at times and found myself regaining some. I decided that OMAD was worth a try since I only had to worry about one meal and I could have the carbs I wanted. (I do a half serving of the carbs I do eat) and not have a negative effect on my weight loss. I started OMAD on 13 May at 174.2 pounds. Today I am 170.0 and am looking forward to my future progress.

My plan has been to eat my meal at 6:00pm. I have been doing well with that and have been losing a bit each day.

I look forward to sharing this Journey with you all and it will keep me all the more accountable. I am going out to eat for a graduation celebration dinner at Cafe del Sol today. It will be about an hour before my scheduled meal time, but I will take a picture of my meal.

Best Wishes to All,

Tracey

Replies

• shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    Welcome and I look forward to following your journey.
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Hi Tracey, nice to have you here! I look forward to seeing your journal. All the best to you!
  • tlblanksfit
    Hello Everyone,

I am back from dinner at Cafe del Sol. I ended up getting my food around 5:15 so that was just 45 minutes outside of my window. I have attached a photo of my meal. I only ate about 3 spoons of the soup because it was not that good to me and I did not eat the crackers.

c91wwy9thn1e.jpg

As far as my journaling will go, I weigh and record my weight daily, but I will report my weekly stat here. I track my weekly numbers on Sundays so here are my numbers since starting. I will report my week 3 numbers tomorrow. If you would like to see my daily numbers please let me know.

Week 1 (13-14 May): -0.4 pounds

Week 2:(15-21 May): -1.3 pounds Total Loss -2.0

- Tracey
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Welcome, You are going to love this group :)
  • wsandy8512
    Food looks yummy! Great job so far on the loss! And funny coincidence, I lost .4 on my first week of OMAD as well. :)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Howdy and congrats on your weight loss from last year! I think you will like fasting. I think there are some things we get from it we don't get elsewhere. Good luck!
  • tlblanksfit
    Hello Everyone,

It is Sunday so it time for my week's numbers and today's meal. I did not eat all of the Macaroni and Cheese.

Week 1 (13-14 May): -0.4 pounds

Week 2:(15-21 May): -1.3 pounds

Week 3: (22 May - 28 May) -3.2 pounds Total Loss -4.2

mphk77monvty.jpg

- Tracey

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    You're doing great!!!
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Welcome, Tracey!

What Brenda said ^
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    Way to go Tracey, you've got this down.
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    You keep getting better and better!
  • mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    You're doing awesome! That meal looks delicious :smile:
  • tlblanksfit
    Thanks everyone,

The blue plate is my OMAD meal plate. All of my food has to fit on this plate for most meals. I also do large salads with a meat.

I have been doing OMAD for 16 days now and I just read about a splurge day that should be done once every two weeks. What are your experiences with the splurge day? I am thinking of doing one since we are going to a barbecue for Memorial Day.

- Tracey
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Thanks everyone,

The blue plate is my OMAD meal plate. All of my food has to fit on this plate for most meals. I also do large salads with a meat.

I have been doing OMAD for 16 days now and I just read about a splurge day that should be done once every two weeks. What are your experiences with the splurge day? I am thinking of doing one since we are going to a barbecue for Memorial Day.

- Tracey

It's fine as long as it doesn't threaten to rob you of your sense of control. And a splurge can be one larger meal (that's usually how I do them).
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Well done!
  • mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    I did splurge in the beginning.. But 2 months of OMAD and now I just don't feel the need :smile:
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Welcome :) glad to have you here!
  • wsandy8512
    I've only had one true splurge, and I tracked my calories that day. Lol. OMAD truly has given me control over my eating. On my London vacation, so long as I stayed true to OMAD, I was able to enjoy alcohol and light snacking (thebkind that accompanies relaxing and drinking--which is typically only once in a blue moon when home) on most nights while there. I had no idea how many calories I was consuming because the restaurants & pubs didn't have calories listed next to their food.
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    I enjoy a splurge day once a week, but I'm going to stop doing that. I find I prefer to have say a dessert as a splurge rather then the day.
  • tlblanksfit
    As I think about it, I don't really need a splurge day, My meal time would just be modified. I am at my brother in law's and they are looking at eating at 2:00. I will just eat my meal then and call it a day. I am really enjoying the OMAD way of eating and see no need to do anything that could derail my success.

- Tracey