TEAM: Run Track Minds (March)

Options
craigo3154
craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Craig @craigo3154.

Replies

• LinnyKitten
    LinnyKitten Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hey again, RTM! This will be my second month doing this challenge, and I'm so excited. Last month was a great month, and being part of this group really helped me to stay accountable. My goal for this month is to reach the 180's, (which is 5 pounds away.) Cheers to another good month for all of us!
  • karsei01
    karsei01 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Started lifting weights in august, started watching the food in february and started running last week. Problem was that yesterday when I was supposed to run, it was -16 degrees...and windy...
  • tmanke78
    tmanke78 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    This is my second month with this challenge. I've started training for my first mini sprint triathlon this summer (still trying to decide which date I want to do).
  • karsei01
    karsei01 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    tmanke78 wrote: »
    This is my second month with this challenge. I've started training for my first mini sprint triathlon this summer (still trying to decide which date I want to do).

Triathlons are great motivators and offers the opportunity to work out in many different ways. Me and my (ex) wife used to do a couple of them and loved (and hated them during) them. I went all in for Ironman, and even though I was not fit enough, it's the thing I am most proud of completing.
  • daloverlyme
    daloverlyme Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    karsei01 wrote: »
    Started lifting weights in august, started watching the food in february and started running last week. Problem was that yesterday when I was supposed to run, it was -16 degrees...and windy...

We have had a few -40's here so far this winter. YUCK! Still pretty cold here, and a lot of snow. I have been doing indoor walking videos on youtube. Seems to help a little.
  • tlgale
    tlgale Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I started water aerobics this week. Its not crazy intense but I'm enjoying it!
  • fludderbye
    fludderbye Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Good day all.
    My first time doing a challenge like this and really need the accountability.
    I am a stay at home mother of four girls (4-6-7-15) that I home school and have seriously let myself go.

So I am taking me back.

I know what to do as I have lost In the past but was younger then but I know. I can do this.
    WE can do this!!!!!
  • daloverlyme
    Options
    Gustaaf85 wrote: »
    Hello :). This is my first month with this challenge. I am diabetic, and my medication causes a lot of weight gain. I need accountability, and a motivating reason to keep on track. I'm an emotional eater. I'm losing my mom to advanced stage 4 brain, lung, and adrenal gland cancer. All I want to do it eat my feelings. So far, I'm doing okay :)

Welcome here, and sorry to hear about your mom.

Thank you!!
  • daloverlyme
    Options
    tlgale wrote: »
    I started water aerobics this week. Its not crazy intense but I'm enjoying it!

That sounds like so much fun! I started cardio this week :).
  • ralison
    ralison Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Very much looking forward to spending this next month with you trying to get our butts in gear. I cycle back and forth with my weight and am currently at an almost lifelong high weight. Trying not to hit that mark and thought some extra help from the Fitness Pal family would help. I used this app for a while years ago, but just recently decided to pick it back up.
    Does anyone have a Fitbit? Would love to add you as friend on there. My e-mail is alisonsilliphant@yahoo.com.

Good luck to everyone on the first week:)
  • MaelynMayhem
    MaelynMayhem Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    ralison wrote: »
    Hello everyone! Very much looking forward to spending this next month with you trying to get our butts in gear. I cycle back and forth with my weight and am currently at an almost lifelong high weight. Trying not to hit that mark and thought some extra help from the Fitness Pal family would help. I used this app for a while years ago, but just recently decided to pick it back up.
    Does anyone have a Fitbit? Would love to add you as friend on there. My e-mail is alisonsilliphant@yahoo.com.

Good luck to everyone on the first week:)

I sent a friend request your direction!
This discussion has been closed.