Are there any girls that look like or want to look like models?

Options

Replies

• spottedleaf
    spottedleaf Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    And thank you for the compliment.☺️
  • GoldenEye_
    GoldenEye_ Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I used to aspire to looking like a model, too. I was probably aiming to be a yoga journal or Pilates model though. Oh, or the models on the stand up paddle boards. I'll have to post a pic of how far I came towards that once upon a time, it was a great time in my life :)

At any rate, I came a long way towards a long lean physique when I had those aspirations.

So I think it's a worthy goal and I'd love to join.

I've been in a post-baby blur of "why bother?" but - no, just no. You all on this thread are the opposite of that and it's awesome.

I would love to see that pic! It's one thing when you see a random photo on the internet, but much more motivating if you see someone 'real' (if you know what I mean) actually achieved such a result.

Those kind of models are gorgeous. Have you ever tried supping? I tried it in the ocean once. So much harder than it looks!

• mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Ideally, I would love to look something like Karina Elle.. I mean, I am not as tall as her, and there is no way I would ever have her ab definition, but she has the kind of physique I would love to have - strong, athletic and lean.

plp46f5hnqzs.jpg

That's closer to what my body type can achieve. But without the boobs. :( I'd really, really like to have some boobs, but am not willing to pay for them.
  • mom23mangos
    Options
    Actually, this girl I follow on Instagram really reminds me of what I looked like in my early twenties (she's 21). I'd love to have not only her abs and slim thighs, but she is hella strong.
    a66bvi7ijbzg.jpg

• GoldenEye_
    Options
    img

@GoldenEye_ This was after an especially healthy summer. It's a scan of a printed picture I have on my wall. The image is lacking but it still inspires me to keep at it!

As far as I can see you do look great there! Love how you're doing it with your dog :D
  • dubstepvideobody
    dubstepvideobody Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    mom23mangos, welcome! you have great inspiration, but I hope you strive for the right side of the picture :D The left side looks soooo thin:D I am happy you joined!

wellnesschaser, I think I didnt understand your previous comment right, thats maybe due to the fact I have to work a bit on my English :D
    This is a beautiful pic of you! It is a bit difficult to see the body though, but I can tell you were thin!
    You are also not in a bad shape now, regarding to your profile pic :) What is your goal in numbers? Or words? :D
  • dubstepvideobody
    Options
    oh and nice long hair!
  • dubstepvideobody
    Options
    GoldenEye_ wrote: »
    Well I'm sure going to try to get there! If I manage to succeed I'll probably walk around in bikini all day too :D

hihi yeah, I must admit that last night after the 90 min spinning class in the gym I was so swimming in my melted fat and water weight, looked in the mirror and felt gorgeous! Like I wanted to catwalk naked to the shower and the sauna :D I have only lost around 3.5 kgs (7 pounds) since starting(a bit before the thread), but I am SO motivated of the results I can totally understand the feeling of the wanting-to -walk -in -a -bikini -freedom :D
  • SassaFrass88
    SassaFrass88 Posts: 4 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I've been totally rocking my calorie reduction and my workouts and I'm gaining weight! I feel fit and lean though. The scale never agrees with me anyway (I can lose or gain 5 lbs in 24 hours). I am weightlifting, so I need to account for muscle gains as well.

Just a reminder to you ladies that the scale isn't everything when it comes to achieving our goals! ;-)
  • dubstepvideobody
    Options
    maybe you are eating too little? maybe the fat burner leads to hormonal changes hm
  • mom23mangos
    Options
    mom23mangos, welcome! you have great inspiration, but I hope you strive for the right side of the picture :D The left side looks soooo thin:D I am happy you joined!

wellnesschaser, I think I didnt understand your previous comment right, thats maybe due to the fact I have to work a bit on my English :D
    This is a beautiful pic of you! It is a bit difficult to see the body though, but I can tell you were thin!
    You are also not in a bad shape now, regarding to your profile pic :) What is your goal in numbers? Or words? :D

Bwahaha! Yes, definitely the right. It was a comparison shot of what she looked like when she used to only do cardio. I think she might have had an ED as well.
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    @dubstepvideobody - Thank you. I love your user name, by the way. That must have been a great spin class last night! How was the music?Good work.

@sassafras88 - All the water retention with harder workouts can play crazy games with the scale.

@GoldenEye_ - Thanks! That was me four years ago. I was around 130 lbs. I'd slowly lost 30 lbs and I was doing a lot of Pilates, running and swimming. And paddling - I love it, it feeds my soul and my body!

My stats:
    5'6"
    Starting weight: 142lbs
    Current weight: 135.4
    Goal weight: 125

I'd like to maintain a future upper weight limit of 128-130. Oh and my highest weight was 165 after my first baby.

P.S. I am not the best writer so your English is probably great! I like having fit friends all around the world. Where is everyone from?

• GoldenEye_
    Options
    130 lbs has been my lightest since adulthood too. Then I was 136lb for years until I grew to 159.4lb during my study. The real shock for me came when I saw a photo of myself. Since then I lost 16.7 lbs and am at 142.6 now, 2,5 months later. It's still baffling to me how easy this is now I'm counting calories. It used to be so hard!

I'm from the Netherlands. Planning to move after I finish my studies though. I need more nature around me. What about you?
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    You know what I love about VS.. the fashion shows. OMG I was just watching some footage from last years show, so amazing. I love the outfits and the glam.. and their hair. Oh my I love their hair so much :)
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    @GoldenEye_ that's great progress! I'm amazed at how the calorie counting is working, too! We'll all be in a model state of mind if we keep it up.

@sardelsa - I love the crazy messy kind of model hair. That's one reason to want to look like them. You can pull off any look.
  • NadNight
    NadNight Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I adore the VS models, they're all so gorgeous but alas I can't make my short legs long and skinny
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I definitely relate, and I never, ever post my stats here, because I know it wouldn't go over well. But until I was probably 34 or so, I easily maintained a very lean figure- without even trying, really. And that's what I aim for, now, too. It's the way I picture myself, even when I was 25 pounds heavier and a little delusional. ;)

• mom23mangos
    Options
    JeepHair77 wrote: »
    I definitely relate, and I never, ever post my stats here, because I know it wouldn't go over well. But until I was probably 34 or so, I easily maintained a very lean figure- without even trying, really. And that's what I aim for, now, too. It's the way I picture myself, even when I was 25 pounds heavier and a little delusional. ;)

Same for me JeepHair. People don't believe me, but I naturally stayed around 11% BF and had a decent amount of muscle. I didn't look sickly. I looked like the picture I posted up above. It doesn't work for me now as my fat distribution has changed with age and kids, but I still prefer to be leaner than most.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    JeepHair77 wrote: »

Same for me JeepHair. People don't believe me, but I naturally stayed around 11% BF and had a decent amount of muscle. I didn't look sickly. I looked like the picture I posted up above. It doesn't work for me now as my fat distribution has changed with age and kids, but I still prefer to be leaner than most.

Exactly. I've never looked sickly or bony, but I think my frame is just kind of narrow, so I don't carry extra pounds well. I look my best at a pretty light weight, and at the upper end of a "normal" BMI, I was lumpy, for lack of a better word. It didn't suit me. I don't have breasts or hips to write home about, so I can't pull off the "softer" look.