Are there any girls that look like or want to look like models?

Options

Replies

• JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I feel like we should invite the OP of that "Model Body" thread from Chit-Chat over here...
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I try to stay out of the chit-chat forum so I hadn't seen it. Just went search, and yeah that was pretty brutal. She'd get a lot more love here.
  • dubstepvideobody
    dubstepvideobody Posts: 141 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Uhm, if you mean my post was brutal... all I can say is I am then brutal :|:| I wish someone told me something like this, find it motivating. I wish you a lot of luck on your journey :) Wont write any more, thought the thread is not only about love, but progress.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    @dubstepvideobody that was in response to the poster in the Chit Chat forum who posted about getting a model body, Mangos meant the reaction of others/how she was treated was brutal, and that she should have posted here instead!
  • dubstepvideobody
    edited August 2017
    Options
    sorry. missread the explanation.
  • sardelsa
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I didn't see you quoted but maybe I missed it ?

OP didn't go into too much detail about her goals, and posting in the Chit Chat forum, it's kind of a joke area so people just play around. Oh well!

No no.. no one is saying you are brutal hun. Again, how people treated that other girl was not great! Unless being brutal is a positive thing? Like "being honest" haha.. maybe it's the difference in language :p
  • dubstepvideobody
    edited August 2017
    Options
    sorry I missread it
  • dubstepvideobody
    edited August 2017
    Options
    edit sorry I missread it.
  • sardelsa
    Options
    Me neither.. :D just know no one is referring negatively to you or this thread! We are all awesome :)
  • sardelsa
    Options
    If you go to the chit chat forum there is a thread called "model body" NOT this one. A woman posted about wanting to be a model there and the poor thing did not get a good reception. :(
  • dubstepvideobody
    Options
    ohhhh ok sory sorry haha I am so hungry I forgot logic. hahaa
  • dubstepvideobody
    edited August 2017
    Options
    btw sardelsa, gread new profile pic. Your abs look leaner.

All I can say about the main forums is that they are infected with the overweight and oversensitive syndrome. A person who has 100 or more or even only 50 Pounds to lose can be

A) nice, understanding basic human health principles and pragmatical, disciplined or at least ready to face the dangers of being overweight and become a stronger version of theirselves
    OR
    B.) like most of the people there: mean and unhappy with theirselves, trying to talk a dirty truth nice, trying to set the new healthy weight at 150 pounds just because todays world has McDonalds or just because we live in such wealth that you can binge on healthy avocados with whole wheat bread (mmmm yummi), even though avocados dont grow in every country. Just because we have all the food available, doesnt mean we should overeat on it OR doesnt mean we should up the definition of healthy every 10 years. Maybe in 20 years it is not 150 pounds but 165? hmmmmmm

I NEVER write in the main forums because if I start, I will really tell them what I think and I will be blocked.

I love you guys. Happy I found people that have such goals and acheave them. Even if someone finds me too honest, I respect you for your discipline.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry if my post earlier was confusing, @dubstepvideobody - I definitely didn't mean to call anyone out!

I love you guys, too. :smile: I like the chit-chat forums a lot, but would definitely NEVER post anything serious there. They really can be brutal, and considering that everyone there has supposedly joined for support in their goals, you'd think everyone would be a little gentler.

I do think, though, that there's "fatigue." People in chit-chat who have been posting there for years have seen the same threads from newbies over and over again, so they get tired of it. But of course, the answer is easy - just don't respond. You don't have to be snarky.
  • dubstepvideobody
    Options
    Oh, no problem, I just sometimes dont get the meaning. I study law in a foreign language and speak fluently 2 other languages, started even learning Swedish, but for my English I never found time or motivation to better it. I think I should start slowly learning it again. :D The forum is helping a bit, but sorry if I sometimes dont understand something.

I posted something in the Model thread to see whats the reaction.... yeah.
    As I expected. :D

• dubstepvideobody
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpHniCEHY7I Omg I found it very funny. SOrry for the off topic.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    @dubstepvideobody your command of English is excellent. I'm jealous of your ability to speak multiple languages. I've studied several, but am no where near competent.

Yes, my post above was in reference to how the poster on the chit-chat forum was treated. Not nice at all. Sorry that got lost in translation.
  • VictoriaTuel
    VictoriaTuel Posts: 1,604 Member
    Options
    @dubstepvideobody I've tried to learn Swedish a couple times because my dad's side of the family is Swedish, but the noun conjugations always got me - the line "My english is still better than your Swedish" definitely applies to me :D I would love to learn more languages than English and functional Spanish, but I find it's hard to find people to practice with in the US if you're not trying to learn a common romance language.

More on topic, I've somewhat plateaued weight-wise, which I think is probably fine since I've been vacationing and going to weddings and such almost every weekend these past months. But I was wondering, do Y'all have any strategies (besides moderation) for eating healthy when only high fat/high calorie/unhealthy things are available? Sometimes I end up places where only fairly unhealthy things are available, and even though I can try to eat just a little bit for a while, when it's a whole day or more like that, I usually can't restrain myself from going over my 1400-1500 calorie benchmark.

Also, as a side note, I sometimes look at the other threads and forums, but all of them scare me too much to actually post in them :s I think a lot of people on MFP have very strong opinions and I'm afraid of ending up on the wrong side of someone's wrath :#
  • MommaDeQuatre
    MommaDeQuatre Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean and I too want to look the sexiest version of my self ! And although I'm not tall enough for Vs since I am 5 5, I had a rocking bikini model body before kids and I intend to get it back. I am currently 20 lbs overweight and it sucks when I'm at my heaviest and feeling down because things aren't tone anymore and everyone around me gives me trouble saying I should be happy with what I've got
  • swimgal258
    swimgal258 Posts: 6 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I'd love to look like a Victoria's Secret model, Candice Swanepoel has my dream body! I have good hourglass measurements (34, 22.5, 34.5) but at 5 ft 6 I'm too short and my little legs aren't exactly supermodel like. Sadly no amount of weight loss will make them longer :D I'm trying to find fitness models of a similar build to inspire me to work out and tone up rather than get frustrated over things I can't change and appreciate what I have whilst I'm young!
  • sardelsa
    Options
    swimgal258 wrote: »
    I'd love to look like a Victoria's Secret model, Candice Swanepoel has my dream body! I have good hourglass measurements (34, 22.5, 34.5) but at 5 ft 6 I'm too short and my little legs aren't exactly supermodel like. Sadly no amount of weight loss will make them longer :D I'm trying to find fitness models of a similar build to inspire me to work out and tone up rather than get frustrated over things I can't change and appreciate what I have whilst I'm young!

@swimgal258 I am 5'7" and I feel like I see either tall very lean models or more petite fitness models, it's hard to find that in between so I hear ya!