Are there any girls that look like or want to look like models?

Options

Replies

• VictoriaTuel
    VictoriaTuel Posts: 1,604 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I've been MIA recently because I'm starting a new job tomorrow :worried: and had to move almost 1000km/600 miles (I'm still actually figuring out long-term housing here :# ). This has thrown my entire schedule out of whack so I haven't had as much time to exercise and ate out a lot this past week. I've been able to at least maintain during this time, which I feel pretty good about. I also lost a cm off my waist, so I'm 90-63-99 now :smiley: I would love to be able to maintain a weight that's solidly under 60kg even if I eat a big meal, and I'm just under 60kg normally now.

@brianneangell08 I completely relate with the curvier struggle. I was a 32DD when I weighed closer to ~65kg/140lbs, and I'm a 30DD now. So many of the motivational/fitspo/etc pictures I see are of people who have much straighter physiques than me. I'll never have that, and don't particularly want to - I think it looks great on other people, but I love being curvier personally. Good luck with your abs!

@Ldemi3333 You're so awesome! I don't think there's any age where you should let things go that you care about or are important to your health. If you don't try, you're never going to achieve anything. With your attitude, I'm sure you'll look fantastic in your VS and heels by November!
  • LDemi333
    LDemi333 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    @VictoriaTuel - Well done for maintaining through all your recent stress with the move and losing a cm off your waist too!
    Good luck on the new job - hope you love it.

@Brianneangel - great pic and a beautiful figure - good luck - you can do it.

@dubstepvideo - great post................." I hate it when women think like this!! I know its normal, but why do you have to be normal? You have only ca. 60 to 80 years on Earth....omg you will die after 60 to 80 times Christmas. What are you waiting for? You have to surround yourself with the people you adore. With fit people or people who want to be fit and are ready to give all for it. And no reading to the main forums. This could only depress you!!

Every woman on Earth could look like a bombshell if she tales action. It is not only the body that makes you a bombshell or your personal definition of the sexiest form of me, but also hhe hair the skin tje smile the clothes, the attitude. Today you have all the tools to look like a whooooooooo is that woman and feel like this. You only need google, amazon, a gym and some money. And the dedication to follow the requirements!

Pessimism is the worst killer of success ever".

_____________________________________________________________________________________

@princesstinyheart - photo-shopped or not - we are only using the photos for inspiration. A goal.
    Find that "click" in the mind that says "I'll get as close as possible, because I am NOT stopping."
    Maybe this will help......................
    I have traveled through France for years since I was five - when I was 13, I needed some underwear and we went to a shop where I saw the most luxurious cami knickers with cream lace and really wanted them as there was nothing like that where I came from.
    I spoke French but my Mum didn't. Mum wanted sensible stuff.
    The lady said to me "you must learn that these are for when a women is happy with her weight - always use tight underwear to remind you to not eat too much................then you will not be enrobed with fat.

That word - ENROBED - always stayed with me.

They start early over there.
    Lynne
    Ps) Mum finally bought the cami knickers and I wore them to school until they fell apart.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Just don't set yourself up with unrealistic expectations. Most models...the highly successful ones...are genetic freaks of nature. Yes, you can work out to try to copy their body style, but for most of them, they hit the genetics lottery jackpot.
  • plainpixxel
    plainpixxel Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!!! I feel like I've missed a lot between moving and staring my first job. What did I miss? Seems heated in here?
  • VictoriaTuel
    Options
    Hey @plainpixxel I just moved too! How did your food plan and exercise regimen go during the move? Have you found a new nutirtionist where you are now or are you close enough to see your old one?

@midlomel1971 I think there's a difference between wanting to look like a VS/fitness/any model and wanting the look/feel of said model (at least to me there is). Like you said, everyone can't necessarily look like every model/model type, but I think you can emulate their look on your body and don't think there's anything inherently wrong with doing so. I also think a lot of it has to do with the feeling you're projecting, so that even if you don't physically 'match' a type, you can still look like them with how you feel and project yourself in a space.

@rositsky I'm sure you'll get there! Weight always comes off slower when you're already close to your goal and are eating healthy so you don't have water weight and such to lose, especially if you're trying to gain muscle at the same time, but all the women in that picture have done something like that, and I'm sure you can to. Also, every time I see that picture I always wonder what "adventure racing" is :D
  • chocoholicmuppet
    Options
    Oi, I guess I'm late to the party, haha. But yes, I'd love to lose the last few pounds of fat I'm carrying and focus on adding some muscle definition. Though I'd never qualify as a model with my 5'2 :p
  • VictoriaTuel
    Options
    @sardelsa Congrats on reaching your goal; you look great - good luck with your bulk too! Also I always love the leggings you're wearing in your pictures; they're so awesomely colorful
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    @sardelsa Congrats on reaching your goal; you look great - good luck with your bulk too! Also I always love the leggings you're wearing in your pictures; they're so awesomely colorful

Thank you so much @VictoriaTuel ! Haha many of them are Victoria's Secret actually ;)
  • NadNight
    NadNight Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I love going through this and seeing people's motivations! I've started the change to trying to get a bit of muscle and I found this picture and it's my current motivation:

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/e0/8e/ae/e08eaec41519d5feb083f8079d323a4b.jpg

I definitely have a long way to go to get anything close to that :lol:
  • FitSeachely
    FitSeachely Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hello
    Glad I found you guys!!
    I decided this year I would be in my best shape ever when I turn 40. I got rid of (notice I do not loose weight I get rid of It... because we always look for stuff we lost but when you get rid of it, it’s gone and there is no going back) 20 lbs year to date and we are in the home stretch now. 4 and half weeks away from my birthday and 10 more to go. I will overshoot my goal so I have a buffer for Christmas. I will look like the women in fitness magazines when I am done.
    I am hot. I am strong and I am in control!!

Keep up the great work y’all, you are within reach!
  • FitSeachely
    FitSeachely Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Here is my goal!

37mdoewok5ka.jpeg
  • RosyDanielle
    RosyDanielle Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm new here but think I have some of the same goals as some of you ladies :)
    Currently I'm at a bmi of 20.8 (164 cm/5"4, 56kg/123.5 lbs) which is very normal, and whenever I say I'd like to lose some weight people can be super negative.

Earlier this year I dropped some weight down to 114 lbs and felt fantastic. I have a small build so although I'm not super short I feel the best at a low bmi for my height. My goal at the moment is to get back down to 114 lbs and see whether I can tone up a bit from there, keeping at the weight but losing fat and adding some muscle.

I am currently following a mix between 16:8 IF and 5:2 IF, and workout at least 6 days a week (mainly cardio (running/spinning) but weight lifting/resistance training 3 times a week). This is a new routine though as I got back from holiday a week ago so I'll try my best to stick with it! :)

Will be super great to share some motivation and support here! I hope I didn't join this thread towards the end of its lifetime! :smiley:

D
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    This group has been pretty quiet... I am bulking so my "model body" is going to be on hold (or in progress depending on how you want to look at it! haha)
  • VictoriaTuel
    Options
    Hi there! I think this group already reached the peak of it's activity, but people do stop in from time to time (I do when I notice the notifications).

My BMI is 19.8, as I'm 172cm (67.5in) and ~58kg/128lb. When I started following this thread, I had exactly the same BMI as you because I weighed ~61.5kg/135lb then!

At 61.5/135, my entire office would always comment on how little I was and how I needed some more fat, but almost all of them were at least twice my size and 4 inches shorter than me. Their frame of reference was skewed based on who they were surrounded by, and I was tiny to them even though I was at a fairly average healthy weight. However, when I hung out with some of my college friends, I suddenly wasn't excessively skinny anymore, I was just "normal" and no one ever mentioned anything about my weight. If people are being negative about your goals, I would look at their environment because maybe you already seem tiny to them and they can't understand why you'd have anything to lose. It sucks that they're not supportive, but that's why any group on MFP exists - so you can achieve your health/fitness/weight loss goals with likeminded people!

I'd say try to hang out more with people who are supportive or at least neutral about your goals and will be honest with you. You can get too skinny (I think I'm bordering on that if I lose anymore weight). While it's nice for people to always support you, sometimes you need a wake-up call, whether that's someone telling you your habits are making you unhealthily overweight or unhealthily underweight or something else entirely.

I have been trying to do more strength because as the weather changed I really only wanted to run or walk outdoors, and now that's it's gotten colder, I've been better about having a balance between cardio and strength. I don't fast, I actually eat almost all the time, but I think whatever strategy you can commit to long-term is the best for you! Good luck with all your goals and if you're that active I'm sure you'll see results :smiley:

As a side note, I think BMI is a fairly good a measure of how much you should weigh - it's an average so most people will fall into it's healthy range when they're at healthy weights. I do have tiny friends who will always be underweight and larger friends who will always be overweight - but they're a rare exception, not a general case.

I wrote this right before bed so sorry for the rambling :sleeping:
  • RosyDanielle
    RosyDanielle Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    @sardelsa thanks for your comment. I'll check out some of the other threads in this group too. And I'd definitely call it "in progress"! :) Keep up the good work!

@VictoriaTuel Thanks for your post! You are absolutely right about surrounding ourselves with the right people as perspective really is everything! Too often people who are at an unhealthy weight or who are inactive (or both) negatively comment on the goals of those of us who want to live active healthy lifestyles. And I guess it is just because of their reference point, and not necessarily because they are intentionally nasty.
    Good luck with upping your strength training sessions! It's getting warmer over here so getting my cardio in by going for a run outside is great, while I have to motivate myself a bit more to get my strength sessions in.
    I also agree with your comment on BMI. The cases in which it is inaccurate really are exceptions and as a general rule for a person with an average build it works to get an idea of how healthy someone's weight to height ratio is. It's working for me anyway :)

D
    xxx
  • DananaNanas
    DananaNanas Posts: 665 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm new here but think I have some of the same goals as some of you ladies :)
    Currently I'm at a bmi of 20.8 (164 cm/5"4, 56kg/123.5 lbs) which is very normal, and whenever I say I'd like to lose some weight people can be super negative.

Earlier this year I dropped some weight down to 114 lbs and felt fantastic. I have a small build so although I'm not super short I feel the best at a low bmi for my height. My goal at the moment is to get back down to 114 lbs and see whether I can tone up a bit from there, keeping at the weight but losing fat and adding some muscle.

I am currently following a mix between 16:8 IF and 5:2 IF, and workout at least 6 days a week (mainly cardio (running/spinning) but weight lifting/resistance training 3 times a week). This is a new routine though as I got back from holiday a week ago so I'll try my best to stick with it! :)

Will be super great to share some motivation and support here! I hope I didn't join this thread towards the end of its lifetime! :smiley:

D

Hi Danielle! I'm certainly no doctor but 114 at your (our?) height I feel is perfectly fine. I'm also 5'4" (29 years old..) and have been every weight between 90 (as a teenager..) and 160 pounds. I think I looked fine and felt great at 114. I do recall getting below 110 in college and that wasn't a very good look for me haha... though I'm not really sure what my build is considered.

That being said your current weight is my ultimate goal weight! I just recently (FREAKING FINALLY) dropped into the "normal/healthy" bmi category but I still believe I look, and certainly feel, overweight.

I haven't been working out since I started working at my second job on 9/11/17 which has hindered the progress I made over the summer. I am going to try to start an at home workout routine on Monday. I took a few weeks off after I got married on 9/30. My honeymoon is coming up in about a month so I want to tone up. I hate working out at home but I don't have time to go to the gym :(

And I don't think this thread is at the end of it's lifetime :) I'll try to help keep it alive if you all do!

ETA I also am intermittent fasting! I try to stick to 18:6 but it flips to 16:8 some days (weekends mainly)